Return

Re: Is Jeff a genius??

He is a goose. Who goes to the footy wearing a beret
by the joker
Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Just the SAAFL trying to hurt the northern suburb sides again. That why every northern side has to vote for Gino,
Also the league won't release the whole match footage to Salisbury North. Not surprising as the Rocs player who speared tackled a hawk and knocked him out wasn't sighted at all.

As the SAAFL is a AFL affiliated league cal will get off the inciting the melee charge as in the afl it is fine with a maximum 2000 for the first offense. Nothing in SAAFL by laws about melee and suspension
by the joker
Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Your assuming a SANFL club has pockets as deep as the Crows. Not as deep as the Crows (who, let's face it, are no threat to win a SANFL flag any time soon unless they significantly re-game the system). But deeper than other SANFL clubs. Deep enough for the salary cap to be an impediment in the real game: getting an advantage over other clubs who might be in a position to win the flag.

There would be no point in having a salary cap, unless some clubs were willing and able to spend more than it, if not prevented from doing so.

I dont think the Crows or Power will be that far away, all dependant on injuries.
What we need to consider is the standard of the curent SANFL teams will IMO drop considerably. Just the removal of AFL listed players from each team will do that. Also the possibility and we have seen some retirements already of the 26-32 yr olds who dont want to be part of a development league.
The comp wont need rules like only one player over 28 for Crows and Power, It will be the norm for all clubs and they will be lucky to have one player over 28. There won't need to be a salary cap either when SAAFL and country clubs have a bigger budget than the league clubs.
Hope Im wrong but give it 5 years

Don't even think of lumping the PAFC in with that mercenary abomination known as the Camry Number 2s. While they continue with this pathetic policy of rotating "top up" players through their system on 4-6 week contracts, they'll never be known as anything but a practice side.

Unlike Port Adelaide who are continuing the process of contracting their squads (Juniors, Reserves & League) for a tilt at the Premiership over the entire season.

PAFC- Doing everything better than everyone else for 143 years only continuing with reserves and juniors for 12 months mate
by the joker
Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great to see...

smac wrote:And when he was delisted, he was back to a Centrals aligned player in the sanfl.
wasn't a centrals aligned player until he signed a contract. And he had not signed anywhere yet.
by the joker
Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA vs NSW 7-11 @ SCG.

Bollinger is in Perth for the third test and will not play for NSW.
by the joker
Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

How many goals do people think that Jamie Solly could kick next year
by the joker
Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace of Spades wrote:
the joker wrote:How many goals do people think that Jamie Solly could kick next year

Who?
recruited from salisbury north with three others. Played a few league games before a broken leg. Will be a cut above
by the joker
Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

Brodlach wrote:Lol at Stokes giving Johnson a send off
what a knob hey. The blokes got 33 wickets and your down 4 nil. And he still has to bowl to stokes
by the joker
Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SS SA v NSW 3-6 March

Ferguson under pressure
That's not a serious statement is it
Ferg has scored a 110,80,45*, 21*, 70* from his last 7 shield innings
by the joker
Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

If they cant field two teams they should be put in one team grade.
by the joker
Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Max Klinger Leaves For WA

Based on Klinger's own reasoning it's a weak and pathetic decision on his behalf. If he's so sure he's a walk up start every game then his position is not going to be questioned. Does he want the SA selectors to now wish they'd just lied to him? If it was about money or anything else, then I'd respect it a lot more but to say on one hand he's 100% he's good enough then on the other say it's because he wasn't guaranteed a spot every game is nonsense.

Was a very good player for SA, not at his best last year, and will leave a hole/opportunity behind. Still, it all looks upward next year to me on the whole. not really a weak decision. He gets job security for the next few seasons when he only had 12 months left here.
by the joker
Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

I think if they selected Ben rutten they would've won. He wouldn't have got monstered by Dawes the way that Hartigan did.
Losing lynch didn't help. Lost our structures for a while

Going on history Viney has to get games for that. Chose to bump and caused an injury.
by the joker
Sun May 04, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think it wouldn't have been blown up so much if it was a local player and not a recruit.
by the joker
Tue May 06, 2014 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2014 Betting

Sportsbet had 2.60 for messi to score at any time last night. Money for jam. Tool all of three minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by the joker
Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: List Assessment - Richmond Vs Crows

Benymacca you have Thompson and pods both possibles as leaving comes year ends. Pods is contracted next year and if it's Scott Thompson he is almost back at career best form in the last month. And he just signed a two year contract

by the joker
Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL crowd numbers

Having a look at the crowd numbers today. It's very interesting too see that Adelaide reserves are the number one attended side in the SANFL this season. When a lot of people here say they are boycotting any crows game vs there side. But the crows reserves have had the biggest crowd this year at prospect, Elizabeth, Alberton and glenelg

Total crowds 2014

Adelaide Crows 53,926

Norwood 53,551

Port Adelaide 49,224

Sturt 47,631

Glenelg 46,943

North Adelaide 44,753

Woodville-West Torrens 40,619

South Adelaide 32,902

Central District 32,869

West Adelaide 32,000
by the joker
Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of minor round ladder.

We will beat Richmond st Kilda and lose to north. That could be enough not sure that will be enough if Collingwood can't beat hawks in the last round. With our good percentage two wins should be enough.
Two wins and it's probably a showdown, three wins and we play north two times in three weeks but at home in the finals
by the joker
Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What am I reading. Sam Jacobs is the biggest lock for the first ruck spot it's not funny. Crows will have three All Australians
Jacobs, talia and smith
by the joker
Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Eastern park choke and lose when leading by 10 goals in the third qtr
by the joker
Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Will be interesting for Aaron Young and jarman impey.
Port power win Saturday they can play, they lose Saturday they can't play.
Be a weird weekend
by the joker
Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Norwood supporters = flogs and knobs
by the joker
Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 AFL Grand Final - Hawthorn v Sydney

Jim05 wrote:Fantastic game by Hodge, would be a deserved winner of Norm
cmon $$$$$
by the joker
Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 AFL Grand Final - Hawthorn v Sydney

Hodgey is like Hayes
All opposition supporters love him. Except maybe Swannies supporters
by the joker
Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phil Walsh has the job
by the joker
Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2014 Melbourne Cup

Had a dabble at signoff at 41 dollars a couple of weeks ago. Looks alright
But tatts took a bet for signoff of 10,000 at $81
He could be in for a big night

by the joker
Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Thank you very much just horse racing
50 dollar investment for a 10,800 return

by the joker
Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v Vic Nov 16-19

If Clarkes not fit for the first test. Ferg will be a chance to make his test debut

Clarke will play by the sounds of it, Watto back to number 3 and the no show **** off would be a good start yeah I think that's almost certain. They have to be cautious with Clarke though. Rather him miss a test this year, than the World Cup

Disagree there, shouldnt be selected for the WC, needs to be stood down from the shorter forms. Steve Waugh was a far better ODI cricketer than Clarke and he got stood down.
Clarke needs to concentrate on tests only there is no way Steve Waugh was a far better player than Clarke. Waugh only got three ODI hundreds in his career and only averaged 32

by the joker
Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v Vic Nov 16-19

Turns out Cameron white has captained beautifully. Knowing SA have a big tail. With a keeper at 6. Get as many as you can and only bat once. Botha shouldn't have declared looking at how it's turned out.

by the joker
Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Pine Warmer wrote:
Cohiba wrote:
swingman wrote:
Q. wrote:Also, Alex Stengle is the other who has apparently signed with SN.

He apparently signs their every year

Either way extra $$$$$$......perhaps? :)

This is confirmed now, huge get for the hawks
and josh moody who is returning from east lake in act

by the joker
Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Super coach glitch

Can a mod delete this thread . I downloaded Firefox And that fixed it

by the joker
Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

footys the winner wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
footys the winner wrote:
bandar wrote:Nothing to do with me or my club just asking a question.

We can sit here and ask hyperthetical questions all day if you'd like?

Its not hypothetical...

Can't wait to read the paper tomorrow! Surely a full page spread on it?
if it's a northern Adelaide side.
by the joker
Mon May 09, 2016 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Couple of big recruits for SN to come in to the side over the next couple of weeks

by the joker
Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

Just heard Roy Laird whinge on the news. Cam played every game and he will be dropped for the AFL in a week. So he deserves to play.

And he should remember that Rory Sloane and Brodie Smith could've been selected to play SANFL this week and crows chose not to play them

by the joker
Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2017

Playing Mitch Marsh was a mistake. they had to play Maxxy as the All rounder. He would've attacked the the spinners and gave us an extra option with the ball.
Mitch Marsh will bowl stuff all

by the joker
Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

How many of those current SN players will stick around to play Div 2 footy?
On the other hand, Brighton will continue to recruit as they climb the grades.

I asked Morell, he recons they are $1.08 to win it. every single player will stay and more will sign too play in a flag with their mates.

by the joker
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Lotta big recruits down at the nest. Lot of blokes who played A grade last year at SN will be on the B grade. I think the side they are assembling would be a top 5 side in div 1. So look out Div 2

by the joker
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Both

by the joker
Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

Booney wrote:Just over a month from the first Ashes Test and our national team are just arriving home from a hit and giggle in India.

Why do CA insist on these bullshit tours right before the biggest trophy we play for?
three shield games isn’t enough ?

by the joker
Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL competition review

If Port and Crows leave the SANFL after this year, what will it mean for the sanfl? A 8 team comp, that will be pilfered from for the AFL reserves comp.
Doesn't each AFL club already have a reserves team, and a sufficient depth to fill it? I'm not sure where the extra 'pilfering' will come from, short of top-ups and whatever mid-season draft system is imposed.

If true, it means the end of what should be known in time as the SANFL's 'black years.' It will provide for an integral comp, which is what everyone who gives a shit about the SANFL wants more than anything else. not all Victorian clubs have a reserves side. And crows and port have recruited their reserves from country and The SAAFL, but now they will look to recruit the 20 to 25 year old from the SANFL.

by the joker
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL competition review

If Port and Crows leave the SANFL after this year, what will it mean for the sanfl? A 8 team comp, that will be pilfered from for the AFL reserves comp.
Doesn't each AFL club already have a reserves team, and a sufficient depth to fill it? I'm not sure where the extra 'pilfering' will come from, short of top-ups and whatever mid-season draft system is imposed.

If true, it means the end of what should be known in time as the SANFL's 'black years.' It will provide for an integral comp, which is what everyone who gives a shit about the SANFL wants more than anything else. not all Victorian clubs have a reserves side. And crows and port have recruited their reserves from country and The SAAFL, but now they will look to recruit the 20 to 25 year old from the SANFL.

True, but the SANFL's not the only state league in Australia, though. yeah understand that. Going to be an interesting few months and years for the state league

by the joker
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Common sense prevails and Callum Hays life ban from the SAAFL is overturned.
Another gun for Salisbury North too make they’re side even stronger

by the joker
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SAAFL is run by Muppets. They knew that only the clubs who had players transferring to them would vote yes. Why would you vote yes if it made your quest for a flag a bit harder.

by the joker
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Josh Carr Wooden Spoon Coach. Hard Luck.

Haha this thread has aged well.

by the joker
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Eagles knew about it when it was happening but they didn’t call for a count. Weird.

by the joker
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

BenchedEagle wrote:
Eggy wrote:Any word of outcomes from freeman incident ???

PDCA gave him 2 weeks, North PInes a further week. What a goose, might cost his team a Grade 2 premiership.
haha. north Pines an extra week.
North pines are appealing the PDCA 2 weeks

by the joker
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had to be a Bye on AFL GF day. Who’s going to want to play cricket. When they can watch the Cox plate then the AFL GF

by the joker
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North pines A grade needed 5 off the last ball. The number 11 who had never hit a six in his career. Clears the ropes

by the joker
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The organisers made it that the outback’s batted first so they could score a decent score rather than PDCA batting first and getting skittled for 50
Lol

by the joker
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |