Search found 97 matches

Return

Re: All Aboriginal Team to take on Ireland

Or just let this shit concept go. Stale. Boring. Only exciting when there is an all-in.
by Ron Burgundy
Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First Ashes Test Team predictions

Rik E Boy wrote:please not hughes please not hughes please not hughes....

Is this you REB or was your account hacked?

Regards

R_b
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Mitchell Johnson is the balls.
by Ron Burgundy
Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Jim05 wrote:
LBT wrote:Oh here we go...
Trott to return home due to stress-related illness

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013-14/content/story/692405.html

Another Trescothick, soft cock

You write some shit on here, but this takes the cake.
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Go **** yourself, San Diego!
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA vs NSW 8-11 @ SCG.

bays09 wrote:Has anyone managed to get the stream on their iPhone ? Would love to watch it on the train ride home

I downloaded an app on my ipad called puffin browser (or similar) which allows flash. And then went to the live stream through the redbacks page.

That worked for me yesterday.
by Ron Burgundy
Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

His career average blows out because of his first tour before he learnt how to reverse a ball

From 2009...
Against Australia he has 63 wkts @ 32.73. Which isn't bad, but not amazing.
Career average in Australia is 29.96 which is ok.

But...If you want to pick and choose games to leave in or out, if we take his only 10fa out of the stats (1st test in Eng a few months ago) he averages 40 against Australia.

Doesn't take away from the fact that he is a fierce pole smoker.
by Ron Burgundy
Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the FREE BEER!! thread

Had work show at a local hotel on Saturday night where there was FREE BEER!

By the end of the night, it was FREE DOUBLE JAMESONS! Ouch.

Am going to the races on Wednesday arvo and I will be the recipient of FREE BEER & WINE! Gotta love being part of The Bung Fritz Appreciation Society of South Australia.

I don't mean to hijack the FREE BEER thread, but how good is FRITZ.
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, get rid of the toss. Maybe have the captains have a rock off, best of 5.
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: England v Australia 5th Test - The Oval

Lol Anderson could bowl with his left arm and he would still open our bowling

Andersons career can be pretty much split into two halves

Anderson pre being able to reverse a ball

Anderson now he can reverse a ball

Imho Anderson is currently the best seamer in the world!!!

Perhaps he should have bowled left handed...
by Ron Burgundy
Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who cares. We've got the ashes!!!
by Ron Burgundy
Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Supporters that live in the state of SA but whinge about the amount of media coverage around the crows and power.
What do you expect...
by Ron Burgundy
Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I need to know. What's the best lawn to have In my backyard? It's fairly small and we have a dog if that makes any difference?

Kikuyu . Tolerates wear and tear well as it has runners and thus self repairs. Can be invasive into garden beds.

Sir Walter buffalo is what I'm being told. Heard of it?
Sir Walter is good but no where near as tolerant to heavy traffic and dogs as Kikuyu

I've got sir Walter front and back.
2 dogs.
1 toddler.

Awesome lawn.
by Ron Burgundy
Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Good entertainment. Keep blowing your lids!
by Ron Burgundy
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

The Aussies will be playing the first test in a South Australian State Guernsey out of respect for Clem Hill who played both Test Cricket and State football for SA.

Clem averaged 62.66 against South Africa in Tests, and this will be a fitting tribute to a legend.
by Ron Burgundy
Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division V 2014

Im in. The Rumcoks are now 'The Far Callers'.
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

I think he will be for 40 overs for hopefully 160 runs (4 rpo) then declare with a lead of 400 and 150 overs at them

This. Except we will push at 5+ an over to try and get 450+ up.

Its going to be another great nights entertainment. The Aussie brand of cricket is so watchable. Win or lose it is always aggressive.
by Ron Burgundy
Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

Port we're lucky they played Carlton tonight because they weren't that flash.
However, this means much upside for Port.

Carlton looks like the same team as the past few years, lacking consistency and a plan b.
by Ron Burgundy
Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Also agree. Haven't read much about it but sounds a bit odd.

Thurs night footy is a great idea. Why not test it. Does it alienate families? From attending maybe a little. But will get potentially get 800k-1mil viewers which exposes the crows to greater audience. Thur night sport seems to work well in US.

I would have thought all SANFL and grassroots supporters would be dead keen for this since it frees up Saturdays to go watch some local footy.
by Ron Burgundy
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Licenses sold- anchors away.

Don't underplay how good Apricot Slice is.
by Ron Burgundy
Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

This pisses me off like nothing else. My students asked for feedback on their first assignment; I gave them detailed feedback and broke down their grade into 5-6 sections explaining what marks were allocated where and why - and I've just finished marking their second assignment, and with the exception of a few average ones, they were all shithouse. They had to reference a particular source and at least five of them wrote the author's surname without capitalising the first letter. Possessive apostrophes are a myth, apparently. What the f*** do they learn before they come to uni? It's not my job to teach them basic spelling and grammar, or to explain what 'referencing' means. :evil:

As an educator, you are employed to whinge, and you are doing a superb job.
Well done! :D
by Ron Burgundy
Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

As someone who grew up in the country I always followed West Adelaide because that is our zone. We either wear the jumper for Westies juniors, or have good mates that go through the system. It is a logical choice. I might be naive but I would think that juniors in our area will still think the same way.

Being a crows AFL supporter I have always checked the SANFL results on a Sunday to see how the guys went that didn't get a game for the Crows. I still do this but instead of looking across multiple stats sheets it's in one. I have enjoyed reading the passionate supporters going apeshit on here, but deep down I feel sorry for you guys because the league you have loved (a lot more than I) is slowly disintegrating into something else.

I'm not a Crows SANFL supporter, but like Benny I also find myself having an interest in them simply because of the level of dissent shown by some on here.
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

stampy wrote:rick mcintosh, best caller in australia by a mile

yeah great call of the Grand Annual. I was on Palmero, so bad result but top call.
by Ron Burgundy
Thu May 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - Adelaide v Port Magpies @ Clare Oval (Sun 4/5)

Pretty narrow view to think that the only people that benefit is the AFL.

More people attracted to football = greater chance of more kids being interested and wanting to play = greater chance of increased membership of Country Football clubs.
These kids may then be quite good footballers, they may end up at an SANFL club....
by Ron Burgundy
Thu May 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

If you look at the feature story in the Northern Argus it shows a little about the benefit for Country Footy. And the involvement of the Redden family.

"Every club in the NEFL has been involved in some way, shape or form and they will all be on hand to help out during the day.

Parking will be monitored by the BBH Football Club, the canteen is being run by South and North Clare- as well as upstairs at the Clare Sports Club, the bars are being run by both RSMU and Min/Man and the barbecue will be cooked by the Southern Saints and BSR."

"Ruth Warnock said money from the gate is going to the SANFL and all other proceeds from the event are going to the NEFL.

“All proceeds from the day are strictly going back into Junior Development of the NEFL,” Ruth said. "

Link to the story here... http://www.northernargus.com.au/story/2249388/a-showdown-like-no-other/?cs=1239
by Ron Burgundy
Thu May 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dr SAFOOTY what's wrong with yoooooooooou ?

Amputation might be the solution.

Side effects may include lack of ability to type on forums and masturbate.
by Ron Burgundy
Mon May 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2014

That's why its called gambling. I would have thought these odds would have been closer to $3. Which makes $4 value. He does it more often than not. I'm willing to have a go.

Disclaimer: None of my bets are tips. They are examples of how to lose money on a weekly basis.
by Ron Burgundy
Fri May 09, 2014 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

Dangerfield, Thompson, Sloane - 30 clearances, 48 contested possessions, 22 tackles.

Pendlebury, Swan, Beams - 15 clearances, 37 contested possies, 12 tackles

Not saying Adelaide have a better midfield but they owned the guts tonight.
by Ron Burgundy
Thu May 15, 2014 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division III 2014

1. The Far Callers 29965
2. The Planeteers 29800
3. Professor Crow 28989
4. The Crack of Trust 28956
5. Blighty Teasdale 28757
6. Jays Jocks 28754
7. OneWinWonders 28493
8. Razor Cats 28371
9. Hodges_Heroes 28297
10. 4 Finger Supper 28199
11. Such is Fyfe 28195
12. Hawkers 27878
13. Wacky Tigers 27876
14. Pidgeridoo 27747
15. Trader 27064
16. jj's jrunks 26555
17. Brodlach Bombers 26113
18. Snot 25670

Rank 1853
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

woodublieve12 wrote:From this day forward NO Crow supporter can give Adam Goodes grief for being a sook!!! BANNED!!! :)

You've only got to see the Anti AFL threads on here to see a bunch of sooks.
by Ron Burgundy
Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Impey - 8 touches, and 5 clangers. Did lay 6 tackles though.
Betts - 19 touches, 4 goals, 4 inside 50s.

Not that I really need stats. It was clear on the day who won the battle.
You have to be fishing!
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I simply rent an apartment in the city, because I expect them to make the Grand Final every year.
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 - live scores, results & shooting the breeze.

Eddie must be tired on Sundays cos he says a lot of stupid shit.
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to Gamble/How not to Gamble

My cousin is a sports nut, and a punter. Also a programming gun. This isn't supposed to be a plug for his site, but a tool for people that love a bet on the horses.

He has a website, http://www.puntingform.com.au which is great for hunting market mismatches, and for trying to find overs.
http://www.puntingform.com.au/odds-comparison/

He also has functionality to subscribe to winning systems, or create your own systems using drivers like recent starts, preparations, classes, distances, tracks, trainers, jockeys, ratings, sectionals etc.

I haven't actually subscribed to anything on it but it might be of interest to some.
I'm more of a sports punter. In regard to keeping records, completely agree, I have gone much better once I started holding myself accountable.

The problem, in my opinion, with any sort of system, is that it assumes you, and everybody else can consistently beat the bookies using it. If that was true every bookie would be broke. Bookies also have dozens of people whose sole job is to set odds, and if they wanted to they could also utilise these sorts of systems too or at least develop counter strategies to them

I agree. And have a financial risk analysis background so I'm aware of various modelling that would be done. And a good thing is only a good thing for so long, but a dollar can be made in short term trends.

That site isn't any one particular system. There are hundreds of different systems on there.
It is a create your own sort of environment.
I know on bloke that likes punting horses that have had 2 fourth places. You could add a criteria that last up it was a dead 4 (or whatever) and it is down a grade. And it will test this theory on past data to work out if it has been a common occurrence etc.
I don't use it because I don't follow horses close enough, but might be of use to some.
by Ron Burgundy
Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to Gamble/How not to Gamble

How good is blackjack!
by Ron Burgundy
Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rivalries

Loxton v Loxton North
by Ron Burgundy
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements - 2014

valleys07 wrote:Dean Cox has announced he will be retiring at the end of this season.

6 times All Australian, 2008 Best and Fairest and 2006 Premiership player spanning over 250 games.

A terrific career.

Absolute gun.
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

I've got 12 weeks to go.

Cant believe I got my timing so wrong. Was really looking forward to a month off, watching test cricket.
by Ron Burgundy
Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dangerfield Ouch

He either has a very low tolerance to pain & discomfort or he's a hypochondriac who loves the attention. Tough? Not even in the same galax y as Joel Selwood. :oops:

Sanderson has been really heavily involved with both Selwood and Dangerfield, and said on Monday night that Dangerfield is the most courageous player he has ever seen or coached. It seems an interesting call really, hard to compare to previous generations (some there harder than a cats head) but I'm sure he has a pretty good idea of who belongs in what footy galaxy with these two.

Dangerfield will continue to get banged up until he learns an outside game. He spends more time inside than Selwood who has the ability to be a receiver also. Dangerfield needs to be a better disposal he is going to do that. Does he overplay the knocks? Hard to know, but I'd rather him busting his nut to win the ball and be a little over the top sore, than have him sit back and be second to the pill.
by Ron Burgundy
Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1. The Far Callers 46417
2 The Planeteers 45839
3. The Crack of Trust 45508
4. Professor Crow 45334
5. Jays Jocks 44914
6. Blighty Teasdale 44394
7. Such is Fyfe 44369
8. OneWinWonders 44038
9. Razor Cats 44009
10. Hodges_Heroes 43719
11. Wacky Tigers 43609
12. 4 Finger Supper 43344
13. Hawkers 43169
14. Trader 41562
15. Pidgeridoo 41350
16. Brodlach Bombers 40478
17. jj's jrunks 40320
18. Snot 36500

Prelim Finals
Far Callers v Jays Jocks
Such is Fyfe v Professor Crow
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: India's tour of Australia - Summer 2014/15

Whatever happens, I really want to see another series where the ball dominates the bat.
A day watching the cricket, with the bowling on top is so much better than watching runs get piled on, over after over.

As long as its Australia on top.

(Spoken from the angle of a bowler that can't bat for shit)
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Unfortunately I can see some sad times ahead for the SANFL, Gilligan again stated yesterday that he is keen to look at a midseason draft by 2016, the AFL clubs could possibly raid the state leagues for talent and we have the scenerio where a team near the top of the SANFL ladder midseason suddenly loses players to the AFL, what a joke.
Even worse would be if the Crows or Port pick them up and we have a situation where the player plays against his old club in the same season

SANFL clubs have been known to recruit players out of the country leagues mid season.
Not so much mentioned about this when it happens, but when SANFL is the little guy there seems to be a few upset.

I can see the point though, if this happens it would be more that one or two players out.
by Ron Burgundy
Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements - 2014

I'm very much a stats man, and alot of the time they tell the story.
But sometimes they dont.

Luke Ball

Averages 20.4 possessions per game. 12% of these are clangers.
4 clearances, and 5.5 tackles per game.
39 career brownlow votes with a high of 9 in a season (2005)
One time all australian. (2005) One time best and fairest. (2005)

These arent the numbers of a star. Not the numbers of a dud. But a good player.
Perhaps overhyped, as above, due to the super draft. And the fact he is at a Melbourne based club.

But does he deserve the adulation of the football community. In my opinion, Yes.

Good player yes. But a team needs more than good players. Some blokes with the intangible. To lift teams.
He lifts his teams. He leads. He is a role model and a pillar of the footy community.

Luke Ball. Well Played.
by Ron Burgundy
Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

one of the reasons i kinda want to move to brissy. besides the fact that i got a game in my mates winter cricket team, yep, they play cricket in winter, the best part about brisbane is that the chicks dont hibernate and comfort eat all winter, so they are all smoking hot :D

I see your Brisbane and raise you Darwin

Yep their are some "interesting "sights up there but I remember my school days at Darwin High. Summer all year round and at an early stage (grade nine) we managed to claim the benches near the canteen under the A block covered area. Any "budju" that wanted to go the canteen had to walk past us or in close proximty to us.

The build was the best bit, stinking hot, the less clothing, the cooler you were.

Allowed for, on the whole, a fantastic appreciation of the female form for a good five years especially years 11 and 12.

Then there was tourist season and European backpackers, and that took it a whole new level.....

Saw this, jumped straight on the qantas site and booked flights to Darwin, next Fri - Tues.

I rate Tits. Hot backpackers. Beers. Footy shorts. Singlets. And Fishing.
by Ron Burgundy
Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1. The Far Callers 51124
2 The Planeteers 50183
3. The Crack of Trust 50183
4. Professor Crow 49784
5. Jays Jocks 49074
6. Such is Fyfe 48909
7. Blighty Teasdale 48643
8. Hodges_Heroes 47938
9. OneWinWonders 47882
10. Razor Cats 47606
11. Wacky Tigers 47490
12. Hawkers 46884
13. 4 Finger Supper 46714
14. Trader 44898
15. Pidgeridoo 44831
16. Brodlach Bombers 43911
17. jj's jrunks 43282
18. Snot 39148

Rank 2159
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hogg III Ladder
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hogg III FInals
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:He is 29, not worth it for the crows imo

He is average. We have recruited enough average players in the past.
by Ron Burgundy
Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2014

People who get offended on behalf of others . Don't belong in groups/teams/public.

Good point smac, is H upset because of his sexuality* and it offends him or is he upset because he thinks others might be offended by it?

*I'm not casting any aspersions or suggesting anything.

I thought you were suggesting that he wants to tongue punch someone's fart box.
by Ron Burgundy
Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |