Search found 294 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

No one cares about the games this week, all anyone wants to know has the great Pag got his spech written for tomorrow night? Cant average 35+ uncontested possesions a game and not get the votes. Will his votes tally be higher than his tackle count for the year?
You are a flog of epic proportions.
Well have you got your speech written out or not? 8)
Don't need to, my (very safe) money is on the Jolly/Rowe quinella.
Just gonna leave this here... ;)
by Pag
Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boosh wrote:
S Demon wrote:Interesting to see M Mooney make his B grade debut this year. Would have been a while since he's started at 12.15...

No match up for him in the 1's?

Never played anything other than A Grade.

Wow.
by Pag
Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know about the Truscott red card and how long until he was replaced, but to anyone who thinks our A Grade was drinking alcohol in the last quarter while the game was in the balance is completely delusional. I would know, I was drinking from the said bottles during the game. Its good to see facts aren't getting in the way of the drunken rumours though.

Duncs, you clearly weren't at the game, if you were you would know that at no stage would anyone have said the game was done. Instead of relying on misinformation, if you wanted to get something as stupid as that confirmed or denied, how about just flicking us a PM instead of running with tripe?
by Pag
Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

However, I have heard that the amateur league confirmed to North Haven that Salisbury will be staying in div 4.

That's what I've heard too.

You would THINK that the winner will be forced to go up at least! I suppose this also hinges on how many clubs from Div 3 have put their hand up to come down.
Our club doesn't know where we are playing due to factors completely out of our control, so I don't know how others can possibly know. Unless other people know something about the make-up of the league in 2016 that we don't?

With that being said, I'm preparing for Div 3.
by Pag
Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

And where's the substance in any of your posts?

Having been the previous Treasurer and assisting the new Treasurer last year I can say LM is correct in his post, the only thing I don't know is the current payment to the coaches.

#webber
#garner

no one really cares if anyones paying anyone. the point of the discussion is will Smithfield or locleys or anyone have to recruit a possible 4 or 5 marquee (paid) recruits to jump from a div 6 granny to a div 5 granny in one year.
marbles, you've been around Div 1 too long. Believe it or not, there are clubs in other divisions who can have success without paying. Sponsorship dollars aren't flush out north (believe it or not), and lots of guys still play for clubs they've played at as juniors, for nothing.

Just because they've got some talent, it doesn't make them mercenaries.
by Pag
Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:Never underestimate Catford's on or off-field antics at any given point in time.

Wasn't he at Salisbury?

He was. I can confirm OnSong's statement about his off-field antics.
by Pag
Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

This note from a parent this morning, and the plenty of others like it:

'Can you please excuse ....... from any oral presentations today as she ate a packet of chips last night and has an extremely sore throat today".

Wow.
by Pag
Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

If you're after a top schnitty, Bedford Hotel in Woodside.
by Pag
Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

This note from a parent this morning, and the plenty of others like it:

'Can you please excuse ....... from any oral presentations today as she ate a packet of chips last night and has an extremely sore throat today".

Wow.
I trust this student will be graded 'D' or less, and a comment about non-participation in class activity will be made on the report card?

I've been told by my mother in law, who has been teaching for a very long time, that they are not allowed to write anything negative on report cards anymore. She's not happy about it.

She's also being pressured to give a kid an A, that she doesn't think deserves one.
One of the big issues is that during school years we seem to reward mediocrity. The system it seems would have us all tell someone good job for trying hard even if your not even close rather than addressing the issue at hand.

This is literally a parent allowing a student to get out of an assessment task because said student may find it a bit intimidating, scary, or perhaps out of her comfort zone. How the parent expects the child to improve any skills without having to develop and apply a bit of resilience, I have no idea.

The student is doing it tomorrow, on the last day of term, although said student (and parent) doesn't know it yet.
by Pag
Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

There in lies the problem with paying players, once they get paid it's very hard to go back to earning $0 for the good of the club. All of a sudden they believe their own hype and start chasing it, and whatever club loyalty they may have had, disappears. Same thing has happened to Brahma Lodge.

Kilburn didn't have to pay Brading, Molyneux, Pearce, Galbraith, Brackstone etc, they chose to, at some point they're going to leave for more money, or go back to their home club they were poached from. You make your bed, you lay in it.
by Pag
Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a heads up for anyone who attended the prelim final at North Haven, a couple of our members have started receiving parking fines from the Port Adelaide Enfield council for having to park on the grass that day. The fines were recorded during the A Grade game.

Way to support the local sporting community, bunch of tossers.
by Pag
Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 state footy

Josh Mann (Salisbury) is a walk-up start.
by Pag
Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

carey wrote:Also now Pag is about 48 years old his nearly done. And as of last Saturday his now not allowed to do anything ;)

27 mate, not quite 48.

I'm not going to say too much because I don't want my opinon to be confused with the decision of the exec. I can say that the players voted to play Div 3.
by Pag
Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fox Footy- History Month

I wasnt around in the 80s but the 90s games just take me back to childhood. Bliss.
by Pag
Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I still find it staggering that despite 99% of the schnitzel-eating population saying 'no' to chips under the schnitty, that pubs continue to roll with this horrifying trend. Just buy some bigger plates FFS!
by Pag
Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard Alex Jolly has quit salisbury to try out at centrals. Massive loss if true, prehaps one of the blokes at that club that actually want to play a higher level.
Sounds like a well-educated opinion, bar the fact that the playing group voted to play Div 3 when they were consulted.

We would all support Jolls if he does decide to take an offer up, got no doubt he's good enough to succeed out there if he chooses to.
by Pag
Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North Haven have added Cocchiaro, Pederson and Howden. Haughey, Butler and Winter back to EP. Visser back to CLG, along with Knight (who is a genuine gun). Add in Tasborski, Donaldson, Wakelin, Shattock, Noonan etc at WOS. Some real good players coming into Div 4 this year.

Those four along with Townies to be the top 5.

Geez! Would almost be easier to be in Div 3 ;)
That's where I'd rather be.
by Pag
Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

A lot of clearance's coming in, any notable names to watch? No one leaving Virginia as yet. Mallala have a game this Saturday v Salisbury at Mallala.
Can't wait, a great tradition the two clubs have started. We'll be missing a few in both grades but looking forward to a beer with the Mallala lads afterwards.
by Pag
Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

were WOS missing a few of the big guns on Saturday?

Great win by Salisbury either way.

Are North Haven going to be THAT good or are Kenilworth destined for the bottom 5?

Plenty more questions to be asked and answered this weekend, looking forward to heading to Hope Valley this weekend for what will be another good test for us.

Missing 4 or 5 but no excuse. Salisbury just too good. Ran harder, played smarter and generally wanted it more. Disappointing start but we'll bounce back.
Wakelin, Blesing, Shattock, Tasborski may have made a bit of a difference.

WOS will definitely be around the mark this year, will only get better and the oval didn't suit them, compared to Glandore anyway. We wasted our chances and were lucky to get away with it. Thanks to the WOS lads who came in for a beer and a snag afterwards, looking forward to the return leg.
by Pag
Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Class above

Butler would have had 35 possessions 4-5 goal assists

Mansell kicked at least 4

Winters dominated the rucks

Paul Jones solid as rock in defence

I reckon I said it a while back but make no mistake about it, EP will be the team to catch.
by Pag
Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Salisbury's decision to stay down not looking so good now, lucky they won round 1 by a point or they'd be 3-3. All reports are a lot of players aren't happy with the coach and his always negative attitude. Interesting way of addressing "his" players at quarter time, dont think calling them C's would be overly motivating.

Interesting, heard similar from some of their players the other week that all may not be rosy.
I love this place. 3 weeks ago got over a weakened EP, it's Salisbury 3-0 and they're frontrunners according to some. Lose a game by a goal to a good side a few weeks later, and it's doom and gloom. Such extremities.

Congrats to North Haven, played better footy and deserved to win. Big mention to Lippo who provided a big target coming back from the knee injuries, and to all the lads who came in for a beer after. Looking forward to the return leg at Largs.
by Pag
Mon May 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Westminster gave us some beer tickets on Saturday, and their president came in the rooms and gave us some nice words after the game. Love having a beer on their decking after a game.
by Pag
Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Ash Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Driving past the Woodville today and noticed one of the lovely busty waitresses walking in....best thing I've seen on Port Rd for a while

Heading there for lunch today, will do some recon

Stopped in for lunch today.. Can confirm the quality.

Food was good too.
by Pag
Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Driving past the Woodville today and noticed one of the lovely busty waitresses walking in....best thing I've seen on Port Rd for a while

Heading there for lunch today, will do some recon
Stopped in for lunch today.. Can confirm the quality.

Food was good too.

Some real quality floating around.
9/10
I had a beef snitty, it was hanging off the plate on both sides and didn't skimp on quality.
Pepper sauce needed a bit more of a bite and the coleslaw wasn't very good.
7.5/10
Didn't touch the coleslaw, the 500g chicken parmy ($25) + coke did me in.

Ent voucher bought it down to like $14. Amazing.
by Pag
Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

will be hard what ever the decision but why should they come in at a lower grade and potentially dominate winning easy flags going up the ranks, an assessment should be done as far as reasonably practicable now while their playing to see what grade they realistically should slot in and then maybe they go a grade higher, if they struggle they get relegated if not then they are in the correct grade.
May give loyal saafl sides that are continually struggling finishing 8th a chance to go down a grade, regroup and then come back up with momentum.
Div 4 seems to be the guinea pig grade being middle of the road why should existing sides be disadvantaged by potentially better sides being placed there dominating for the season. As every knows premiership windows are often very small and existing sides that have worked hard to get there may miss their opportunity for glory because of it.

SAAFL HQ will look at where Edwardstown finish this year and where the SFL teams finish in their league to gain some kind of idea about the where to put any other SFL teams coming in. Brighton are a far better side than Towns and it would be stupid to put them in Div 4 or lower. The other clubs (whispers being Marion, Morphy Park or Hackham) might be at a standard where they can slot into a lower div. Here's the current SFL ladder
1 Flagstaff Hill 20
2 Brighton Bombers 20
3 Morphett Vale 20
4 Reynella 18
5 Noarlunga 17
6 Port Noarlunga 17
7 Morphettville Park 14
8 Christies Beach 10
9 Cove 10
10 Happy Valley 10
11 Aldinga 6
12 OSB/Lonsdale 4
13 Hackham 2
14 Marion 0
Towns finished 8th last season
Says D2, or D3 at the lowest to me. The league have contacts all over the place, from what I was made aware Towns asked for D3 last year, the league then talked to some people with some knowledge down south and chose to grade them in D4. Accurate call I reckon.
by Pag
Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

EP will get probably the most votes of any side in the comp as a whole, but I can see them being split between Woodward, Mansell, Winter, Butler, Knapp etc. All good players, and all have had games where they've torn it to shreds, but not sure any of that group stand out over the others enough to go on and win it. A lot of them will get double figures (or close to) though IMO.
by Pag
Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm all for the CDFA comp to reunite, then we could introduce a couple of new yearly awards,like who's got the best tatt,the mouthy supporter award,and the shittiest Bgrade umpire trophy,or we can throw in best mullet.

On Grand Final day they could have the fattest supporter goal to goal sprint.

No contest, The Units legendary brothers would win that hands down :D
Didn't know Fenwick had a brother?
by Pag
Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hearing a rumour that 3 teams are getting the chop from div 4 now.

nope

Well thats why i said it was a rumour but what i had heard was Pooraka were going to get relegated aswell and the two grand finalists from D5 are coming up. Happy to be wrong though
There was discussion around this potential option last night, but discussion only. Clubs voted to go with the league's suggestion from earlier in the year, Premier up, bottom two down. Brighton into D3, Morphies replace the bye in D4.
by Pag
Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

Pleasing for us was because NH C grade would get slaughtered by their D grade
They definitely would and our president is really not happy about it. Our whole C/D grade set up has become a farce, too many guys preferring to play D's with our C's struggling to fill a side. Expecting things to change next season and I think we'll drop our D grade.
Good luck with it mate. We did the same a couple of years ago and it has given the place a better feeling.
by Pag
Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Div 3 and the rest medal count 2016

S Demon wrote:18's?

Would be included as well I presume mate.
by Pag
Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do i answer this

I'm a teacher at a primary school in the northern suburbs (Playford Council area). My two cents:

*There are various programs/rooms for all types of children in a school, not just Indigenous

- Ab Ed (which is what is being referred to in this discussion). Our Ab Ed teacher and ACEO (Aboriginal Community Education Officer) work in this room. Our Ab Ed Teacher works with the Indigenous children in each class (of which I have five) for a lesson or two a week, around learning. This will be in the area of Literac or Numeracy, depending on the students and input from the classroom teacher. The Ab Ed teacher also runs two cross-age lessons per week, taking a mix of R-7 students and looking at the cultural aspect of their lives, in which the older students are able to mentor younger students. Works extremely well. The ACEO is responsible for all non-curriculum aspects, including dealing with families eg chasing up low attendees etc. Our ACEO is an Indigenous woman and has a great rapport with our students. For our Indigenous kids, this room is a home-away-from-home at school and they do feel comfortable in there. At times, the room can be used to re-engage students who have lost their way for whatever reason. Sitting them in an office or empty room writing lesson has no effect whatsoever on helping them re-enter the classroom. We, as classroom teachers, will send the work over to the room and the ACEO may sit with the student for 10-15 minutes to re-engage them in the task before sending them back to the classroom to continue their day.

- We also have an EALD (English as an Additional Language/Dialect) Room, with EALD teacher, in a similar set-up. The EALD teacher will take the EALD students from my room (of which I have 7) for a lesson a week of intense Literacy, and again, two cross-age lessons per week looking at culture with students with backgrounds from the same part of the world. Lots of parents of our EALD students have no-very little English-speaking ability themselves, hence the need for the support. We also have BSSOs (Bi-Lingual School Services Officers) who will come into the school and support students with whom they share they the second language (eg Swahili, Afghani etc). This service is there again, because the support is needed.

- Our school also has a Centre for Hearing Impairment, catering for kids in R-7 with varying levels of deafness, a Regional Special Class for students with sever intellectual disabilities, and has plenty of students who receive support in mainstream classes who have also identified as having a learning disability. We also have Student Social Workers from UniSA who work with students with social/emotional issues, Speech Pathology students from Flinders Uni who work with Junior Primary students with communication issues, and a Garden Mentoring program for students (mostly boys) who need a break from the classroom and prefer kinaesthetic activities (hands-on eg planting, digging, composting etc) to engage with. We also have a new program each term run by NACYS (Northern Adelaide Community Youth Services), with a different focus each term. Last term was around Cyber Bullying, the students with issues in that area received that support. This term it's called 'Girls Club' with a focus on they way girls talk to/interact with each other, and again, the female students who the school deemed to need support in this area received that support.

In short, the answer at our school would be 'Each person at our school gets the help he/she needs for their situation'. If a child at our school is involved in none of these programs, and deals with none of this disadvantage in their day-to-day lives, then they are in the luckiest 30% of our school population and should be informed accordingly.
by Pag
Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

Stupid scheduling by the SANFL (Channel 7) in the first place. Got ammo and country finals/GFs being played all over the place, why not just play them on the Sunday like usual with no clashes with other footy?

We'd love to spend our club's Silly Sunday on the hill watching a couple of mates play for the Dogs, as I'm sure some other clubs across the city would have. Instead, we'll be at the pub.
by Pag
Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

This shouldn't affect the senior side of Rosewater at all, just as the issue a couple of months back didn't affect the juniors. Different leagues, different affiliations.
by Pag
Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Country Count

Australia
Indonesia
U.S.
Canada
New Zealand
Turkey
South Africa
England
Netherlands
Germany
Czech Republic
Austria
Italy
Vatican City
Switzerland
France
Belgium
Spain
UAE

Will be able to add Iceland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Wales and Hungary in Dec/Jan.
by Pag
Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Hearing on the weekend Pooraka are recruiting hard, including the Mercer brothers from Gawler Central and a swag of players from Willaston..

They are going to be hard to beat as they also have alot of returning players coming back to the club this season.
To be fair they were bloody hard to beat in D4 last year with the squad they had.
by Pag
Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally had my first 127 Days experience last week. Wowee.
by Pag
Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pub visits

Enough TV screens so I can flick my head between the cricket, soccer and races. TAB is a must. HSD on tap and a good sized parmy with the chips on the side (never understand why pubs cant just buy bigger plates to accomplish this).
by Pag
Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Have I missed something here? Did Hendo recruit Bombers?
Ha ha nah bro. Ive moved close to the hills and thought about having a hit out there. New Hendo was still out there and got in contact with him. Are you still playing bud? Or have you hanged up the boots?

Played at Salisbury North last year. I've been playing golf in Geelong since October
Edited for accuracy mate.
by Pag
Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

carey wrote:
Pag wrote:
carey wrote:I believe Salisbury North C grade are in C3 in season 2017 yet draft has them still in C1?????

Will SN have a C grade?

Time will tell Pag my good man.....

There's always a C Grade on the other side of the tracks mate... ;)
by Pag
Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

Steven Hicks from Portland to Havens as well?
Yeah package deal basically. Good gets for Havens. Hopefully Depalma can stay fit (meaning injuries) and play a full season. Can get 40+ goals easily when up[ and about. Hicks will be good for them but it will be interesting how they all fit in to this side.
No pressure bubba love
by Pag
Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Garner and Webber playing in this comp this season??

Smithfield Yorke Peninsula Football League Garner, Mark Pending 2017-03-05
Smithfield Yorke Peninsula Football League Webber, Scott Pending 2017-03-05

By the looks of the clearance page Norm me ole mate, they sure are!!
Oh ok. Thought I seen them playing in a trial for Smithfield. Good luck to them.
Your eyes didn't deceive you.
by Pag
Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richmond 2017

Dusty walking out of the presser had nothing to do with the actual negotiation itself. He was there to promote Sherrin and wasn't allowed to do it despite telling three journalists (as well as Choco adding in his bit) the conference wasn't about him, it was about the product. What do the journalists expect him to do? My 2c, he will stay, but we will pay overs.

I'm not getting excited about 2017, despite our trade period being IMO the best one we've had for a long time. Deledio, Pick 6 & 46 for Prestia, Caddy, Nankervis and 2017 1st Rounder is essentially the business we did, but I know better than to be optimistic. No finals for us again until we can get a genuine second tall forward to help Riewoldt. Vickery was no good, Griffiths is 26 now and still no good and McBean never came on. Stuffed up the forward end, althought Rioli looks like he's taken a decent step over summer, looking forward to watching him this year.

9-12 finish.
by Pag
Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Please don tell me that old more clubs than Greg Norman has walked into Para Hills and demanded number 1?

Also thought the A graders had the pick of the first 25 numbers, not B graders

We've gone through this before I'm still one club behind you! :lol:

And number 93 was gone... ;)

Is 93 the number of clubs you have played for or your age (or how old you feel)?

93 was an old Paralowie number a couple blokes wore and whilst I appreciate your attempt at humour I hardly think 5 amateur clubs going in to my 33rd year of playing footy puts me in the Marc Cox category! :lol:
Paralowie, Central United, Southern Eagles, Peake, Salisbury North, Para Hills. I'm counting six.

Mate, you are the new Coxy ;)
by Pag
Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Yeah we would of had 8-9 first choice players out yesterday but plympton seemed very very good, well drilled side with good skills, bloke I was on said they had a few blokes that were at Glenelg recently

Fair enough if you had players out. I wasn't sure how keen some of the lads would have been on trials. I haven't lost faith that you will be there when the whips are cracking and this will indeed be the year the T-shirts get printed :D ( yep that old chestnut)

The Bay's have really good junior programs (won the 15,s, 16, 17 & 18,s last year) and Plympton are one of their clubs so no surprise they would have a few of the Glenelg blokes who would return to their original community club. Most league clubs would have over a hundred at pre-season so a few would have to float back better for the experience when final cuts are made. Not that would have a clue who they are.
Shameless self-promotion here. ;)
by Pag
Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

carey wrote:I heard a rumour that Pag would be perfect to run the Div 4 Tipping comp???

Sounds good to me.

I heard a rumour that you're a flog.

Sounds right to me.
by Pag
Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2017

And this my friends is why SAust footy is deteriorating at a rapid rate of knots. Country clubs who break salary caps come and raid city clubs for their better players and you all think that's fine. So glad I'm out of it.
It goes both ways. Haven't you signed countless players for $$$ from lower div ammo clubs? Fairly sure Burnett isn't a Broadview junior product. Neither was Warner. Or Fergus. I can keep going if you like.

Glass houses mate.
by Pag
Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2017

Does anyone else's council (apart from other clubs in the Campbelltown council area) get charged ridiculous rates like this for oval hire?

We are on what the Council assures us is 25% of what the Council spends to maintain the ground.

Given what this 25% ends up being I fail to understand why Payneham Oval doesn't have a full retractable roof, car parking under the centre square and a large replay screen.

Seriously, given the Council would be obliged to mow the lawn/top dress whether someone is playing football there or not, and we could paint lines etc. ourselves it's a constant bug-bear.

Without disclosing anything to confidential, this 25% equates to essentially a football season's worth of bar profit.
This gobsmacks me.
Don't citizens pay rates in order for the council to maintain recreation reserves?
by Pag
Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To some people.. I reckon there would be more players in the losing A grade side that would be pissed off seeing them dominate the B grade then falling a few goals short in the 1's.

So who is being punished? :-?
The group. Isn't that the point?
Punishing the group who are doing the right things, by dropping your best two key forwards for not training? :?
I'm lost, sounds counter-productive to me.
Depends what sort of culture you want to create. If you're willing to let your best players do as they please, while guys who train consistently and bust their ass keep missing out on a spot, I'm sure you'd get some short term gain (a win on the weekend), but at what sort of long-term cost (do you have fringe players leave because of it?). If the fringe players are happy to be playing B grade, then maybe there's a problem already.

Or maybe I'm not across Div 7 footy and am putting myself into a conversation I know not a lot about.
by Pag
Mon May 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Para Hills Reserves Def St Paul's Reserves by 161 points. Cree and Hanson kick a combined 15 goals.

A Grade lose by 5 goals.

Some punishment.

I would say the loss compounded the punishment. I'd feel more guilty watching my mates lose than watching them stroll to an easy win.
by Pag
Mon May 15, 2017 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would say the loss compounded the punishment. I'd feel more guilty watching my mates lose than watching them stroll to an easy win.
To some people.. I reckon there would be more players in the losing A grade side that would be pissed off seeing them dominate the B grade then falling a few goals short in the 1's.

So who is being punished? :-?
The group. Isn't that the point?
by Pag
Mon May 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |