Search found 295 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

You're making the assumption that playing A Grade is a reward and playing B grade is a punishment.

This is not always the case and is perhaps a unique problem in the lower levels.
Like I said, maybe I'm not across the culture differentials having never played in the lower divs. I would've thought for most clubs though, playing A Grade is a reward to be earnt.
by Pag
Mon May 15, 2017 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Without knowing all the ins and outs of the Modbury situation, and stating that I support the league's wishes the clean the league up, I also hope that the atmosphere that supporters create at grounds doesn't get lost. As a player, I always enjoyed the atmosphere at Modbury, the CLG blokes behind the southern goals at Mortlock, the bongo drums that used to play at Eastern Park, the Mound Me on Kilburn's outer wing, the guys on the scoreboard at CBC giving some feedback etc. I copped one of the best sledges of my career from the lads on the PNU balcony as I was about to come on the ground for my first ever taste of A grade footy as a teenager. Our Under 18s played at Portland last year with the whole Portland A Grade on the hill sinking tins and some of the sledging was brilliant stuff. I know that we as a senior male group try to create an atmosphere for our Women's Team when they play at home after us, with some music going and chanting and stuff.

Like I said, I'm all for the league clamping down on anti-social behaviour, I just hope these unique aspects of our league don't slowly diminish because of it.
by Pag
Thu May 25, 2017 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Going through it at the minute, wife is 22 weeks.

Has become impossible to do a weekly food shop. One week addicted to milo, next week cant stand Milo. That week it's all about toasted cheddar and spring onion sandwiches, next week never wants to see spring onion again. The only constant has been her hatred of the smell of any meat cooking in a saucepan or frypan, which severely hampers my cooking options when she's around.

Apart from that, going well. No serious issues for mum or bub, not finding out gender.
by Pag
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

You call them out in front of everyone. I have been in charge of subs collection in the past and would list the players who owed $$ post game or during preso's etc. I don't reckon I called the same name more than 2 weeks in a row.
That's what i want to do! Name and shame! Apparently though you cant :roll:
I put a list up of fully paid, part paid and nil paid. It at least gets some players asking why someone else hasnt paid. I might cut off access to trainers room next.
We have a list that sits up on the board of the changerooms all years wth everyone's name and the amount of subs paid.

We also have three cut-offs throughout the season, 33% by Round 1, 66% by Round 5, 100% by Round 10. If it is not met, no play til up to date. It does help though that that we have more players than spots. We also have merchandise as part of our fees, however the merch isn't handed over until 100% of the fees have been paid, we've found blokes have coughed up early because they want their polo. We also hand out a $30 bar voucher to guys who pay 100% by Round 1.

It's taken us 4-5 years of hard work but we've finally got it to an acceptable level. Our final fees cut-off is tonight, and I reckon there'd only be 10-12 blokes who need to pay anything tonight.
by Pag
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

I've never experienced any issues with Towns and look forward to hosting them this week, hopefully the issues that have been raised will be sorted ASAP between the two clubs involved and the league.

On Shrek's point around Jack Buckskin, he is an amazing guy and does a hell of a lot for the Indigenous community. I've used resources in my classroom that Jack has put together around Indigenous Studies, he's also come out to schools under various hats and is a great role model for Indigenous people, and the youth especially. Can't speak higher of the guy.
by Pag
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Think im right in saying there isnt any Finals at Salisbury, Heccies or Kilburn this year, any reasons for that??

Because Edwardstown and St Mary's is much more convenient for the 2 Northern clubs playing there. :lol:

Given the unfortunate events at the Angle Vale/Ingle Farm GF a few years back I suspect putting it far away might actually be a deliberate act (not pointing fingers)
I think this is 100% correct. I am biased, but Kilburn and Salisbury are two of the best places to watch footy in Adelaide, it's a shame that some idiots in the past have ruined any chance of GFs being held north of the city in the foreseeable future.
by Pag
Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Congrats to Morphies on getting to the GF, any side who can win twice at Dwight Reserve in the same season well and truly deserves promotion.

Think Havens will be too good on the big deck at Alberton though.
by Pag
Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Final Tickets: Dos and don'ts

I pay an extra $100 with my Richmond membership each year to guarantee me a GF ticket should we make it. Never thought I'd ever be able to exercise the option to be honest.

Wife will be 37.5 weeks pregnant when the GF rolls around. If Richmond do get through, can't even guarantee I'll be able to use the ticket. Safe to say I didn't think we were a chance in January when I was doing my best work. ](*,)
by Pag
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Just don't call it Dustin....
The dog is already named Dusty. About as much as I could get away with.

No contingency plan at this stage, driving over 2am Saturday morning, eight hours in Melbourne for the game, back in the car and driving straight home (with a nap in the backseat if/when fatigue kicks in).

Wish us luck.
by Pag
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Going along with what i said as well, it would also be good for members to know how much there club is paying out each year to make sure they are not spending too much before it is too late.
100% agree
Don't members elect a committee and entrust them to make these decisions? And then if all payments are recorded, they should be able to seen at the club's AGM?
by Pag
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Totally forgot about this thread!

Esther Alma arrived 7.35am 12/10/17, was a only a small 5lb 15oz (2.715kg) and 46cm long via planned c-section at Calvary Hospital. Seven weeks old now, mum and bub doing well. Already been made a Richmond member.
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23434749_10213372770221205_2042923591259254983_n.jpg?oh=e943d07269bb452dddea30e695459bd5&oe=5A8B7E4F
by Pag
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

The Big Shrek wrote:
Pag wrote:Brett Kennedy back to Pooraka. Deadset gun.

How is Salisbury ticking along Pag? Much changed from last year?

We're OK mate, thanks for asking. 8)
by Pag
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anyone in the north/north-east looking for a quality breaky, or any meal for that matter, Zitto at Golden Grove Village, Big W end.
by Pag
Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

beef wrote:Yorke Peninsula Football League Pooraka Mercer, Bradley Pending 2018-03-01

Ouch.

On the Brooks thing, I've got no doubt he'll end up a Kilburn player, both clubs will find some common ground around a $$ settlement and the clearance will go through.
by Pag
Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went to Kaffanabar on Peel St before Ed Sheeran last night, heard good things.

Guy behind the bar informed me that they aren't usually busy on Wednesdays nights and as such only usually have one chef on. Obviously it was relatively busy when we walked in at 6pm on concert night, and he informed us they couldn't get another chef to come in so the wait for food may be a while. No probs, appreciated the heads up. Ordered a Serbian pilsener while we waited.

$10 burgers were a great promo, got 2x Kaffana burgers with pork/beef patty on turkish roll, with tomato, bacon, lettuce, havarti cheese, onion and 'kaffana' sauce. The half beef/pork patty was a bit heavier than what you'd expect at other burger establishments but worked a treat! (and cooked a bit more well than usual burger joints but still juicy) Havarti melted perfectly, and the kaffana sauce was amazing. Plenty of grilled onion which I love. Chips (not fries) were really fluffy with a bit of a crunch. Up there with the best burgers I've had in the city (alongside B&B and Burger Boss).

2x burgers with chips, plus 2 pilseners and a coke for about $40. Steal. Will be back ASAP.
by Pag
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nichdanmatt wrote:they certainly do have a very good footy budget,i know the runner is getting $2000 for the year just to run every week,wow

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in this forum, if it's true.
by Pag
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Walking around Adelaide Oval tonight with my Richmond jumper on.

I don't reckon any Crows supporters will say anything to me. Bliss.
by Pag
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bus was just dropping off a group when we got there, will remember that if as I expect we hear back there next Easter.

LM - Last coupla feed from the Waikerie Bakery were ordinary so we bypass nowadays
The one on the highway or the one in town?

On the highway, they do a pretty good peppered steak pie!

JK: I know what you mean, we've rated them poorly the last two visits, we had people try to push in and they were about to get served until we piped up, it's like a cow paddock on a busy day but it's not that hard to pay attention to who's been there a while.

The last time they didn't write Mrs Mc's roll requests down and stuffed that up resulting in me having to hear about it til halfway to Blanchetown, drinks are dear AF too.
The five minute drive into town to the proper Waikerie Bakery is definitely worth it.
by Pag
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Walking around Adelaide Oval tonight with my Richmond jumper on.

I don't reckon any Crows supporters will say anything to me. Bliss.

Don't be so sure, there will be plenty of morons there .
Yeah at 48 thousand of them
Update, as I mentioned humoursly in passing to my Crows-supporting mate I was with that Caddy hitting David Mackay may actually be an advantage to the Crows (as Mackay is terrible), one of them decided to tell me that I was a ******* wanker and a shit Dad for bringing my six month old daughter (who slept on my wife for the entire game) to the footy. All class.

Not trying to generalise Crows supporters as there are good ones (including an old lady next to us who actually called the anti-social line, unbeknownst to us), but I was standing by myself at 'G for Richmond v Carlton a week earlier and heard nothing but good banter and logical reasoning with general football knoweldge from both sets of supporters for the four quarters. There is something different in the water over here.
by Pag
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How do you know which end a team warms up at before the game?

To be honest I don’t think anyone at Kilburn really cares about the song or the warm up. We’ve just lost three in a row and need to make sure we play 4 quarters before worrying about who sings what and where.

Unfortunately bleed red and blue played well. Will have to hold off getting stuck into him on here for another 10 weeks.
I always thought teams warm up at the same end as their coaches box. Not sure if that is a rule or just a guideline?
This is how we usually go with it when visiting other venues. The logistics make sense for water carries/trainers/runner etc. Not sure it's a hard and fast rule though.
by Pag
Mon May 07, 2018 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFl Junior codes

After the game, when the kids were lining up to shake hands he was punching kids in the stomach as he was shaking hands.. the U12’s coach saw this and told him to stop hitting his players - the player then decided to shape up to the coach and being swearing at him informing him he’d smash him :shock:

Where are the kid in question parent's in all of this? Nowhere to be ******* seen I bet.

Does the 12 game suspension de-registration apply in juniors?
Parents of these types are:
a. oblivious as their child is a saint or retaliating (an excuse used by most boys I have seen in this situation, which is almost always crap).
b. encourage their child saying its a contact sport.
c. Are hot heads themselves, and this behavior is learnt at home.
d. not even there, footy clubs are a day care centre.

I am not going to blame umpiring, but I would rather see the game over umpired at this level, than letting it go.
Sling tackles are not policed enough, and holding the ball is ignored.

My apologies also, it was our under 11's team, which is probably worse.
This. This on so many levels. The lack of accountability and responsibility parents take around their kids astounds me on a daily basis.
by Pag
Thu May 10, 2018 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFl Junior codes

Seems to be a trend with incidents in U12's :lol: Hormones?
No coincidence. I teach kids who play Under 12s and Under 13s and the combination of the 'my kid does no wrong' attitude from parents, and the kids have gotten to the age where they are now smart enough to exploit their parents thinking, plus testosterone developing, means some at that age feel they are above the law.

I couldn't tell you the amount of times I speak to a parent of a student about something their child did that day, that they dismiss because they're child couldn't have done it. Despite me seeing it happen with my own eyes.
by Pag
Thu May 10, 2018 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went to the new Port Admiral Hotel for lunch yesterday. Party of eight (six adults + two kids) for Mother's Day, booked during the week and had a table outside.

Between us, I think there was 250g Rump (with choice of two sides) x2, Thai Chili Fried Chicken x2, an American Cheeseburger and a Coorong Mullet w/crinkle cut fries. I had the mullet and was extremely happy with the four pieces I got, as were my wife and MIL with the chicken (four pieces each that neither got anywhere near finishing). BIL and FIL seemed happy with their rumps and the way they were cooked too, choice of sides is a good idea (honey roasted carrots, fries, cheesy mash, coleslaw etc).

Bout $80 for the two of us with a couple of in-house lagers and 2x ciders. Portion sizes very generous, and a schnitzel I saw came out as we were leaving was huge too, will be back to try take it down.
by Pag
Mon May 14, 2018 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dragonman345 wrote:Is there still no clear cut favourite in this division? Wondering whether or not Glenunga and CLG will end up fighting it out for the flag.

Glenunga deserved flag favs.
by Pag
Tue May 15, 2018 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I watched the whole of my wife's caesarian, including taking photo after photo so my wife could see it afterward, at her request. Was amazing, couldn't stop watching. Different, but amazing all the same.
by Pag
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Sean Poysden, plays his 300th game for us tomorrow against Towns in C4. Only the 4th player in our 138 year history to reach the milestone, a top clubman, played across all three senior grades. His loyalty starting in Under 8s all the way through to today. Go well mate!
by Pag
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Salisbury hasnt hosted a GF since the Ingle Farm Angle vale GF
Hasn't this been more due to the host clubs on-field behaviour in recent years?

I thought it was more to deter the riff raff from the north to go to a northern gf. Thats why most gf’s been down southern side of the city of late
As FC said, we are not on an AAA. We were for a year after the Under 18s debacle in 2015, a year in which no senior players were reported.
The last time we hosted a GF all the issues were from the clubs playing, not the club hosting. We would love to host a GF in 2018 and in an ongoing capacity, the venue is too good not to be utilised IMO. I’m sure if any games are placed there they will be carefully selected, however.
by Pag
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Finals Week 1

Sat 18 Qualifying C5 12:15 Elizabeth V Lockleys Morgan Oval

Not sure why this was scheduled here at same time as our Bs at Fawk Reserve?

Sat 18 Qualifying D6R 12:15 Elizabeth V Para Hills Fawk Reserve
Sat 18 Elimination D6 2:15 West Croydon V Fitzroy Fawk Reserve

Because Lockleys is a higher finisher in the corresponding A grade (D5)
Always about the A grade! :roll:
As it should be.
by Pag
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone from Mitcham tell me what time your bar opens on Saturday?
by Pag
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone from Mitcham tell me what time your bar opens on Saturday?

Planning on tipping a few in Pag?
22 of us gotta do something this Saturday. ;)

I would say it will be open early like 11ish but not 100%. Mitchams C and A Grade will be on it i would think aswell seeing they didnt make finals.
11ish will work. We're starting early in the city, didn't wanna get on the train down and not have a bar to use on arrival.
by Pag
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Divison 3 and below medal Count 2018

Failed Creation wrote:Of Kilburn's players in Div 4, I'd back Jason Sandercock to be up there.

Sandercock a good chance. Armstrong a chance too, always under the umps nose. Beard (Glenunga) to poll well early too.
by Pag
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

it's simply doesn't look after the side that deserves to have a little bit of an advantage. Lonsdale are gonna be up and about this Sat and we will have to play at our very best for a chance of redemption.
Deserve to have advantage in B grade footy? :roll: :?

Lonsdale dropped one game in their A grade all year - don't you think as a CLUB they deserve "a little bit of an advantage"?

Where is this "chance of redemption" you speak of coming from?! You blokes haven't dropped a game all year! What are you redeeming? :?
We haven't dropped a game at all in the reserves. I'm just saying we finished top and are playing our first game at a team (who finished lower than us) home ground. Like I said, Im only conversating on how the system is and how it should be. Saying it should be doesn't mean it will be. What I mean by redemption is for a few years ago we had a brilliant chance to bring home the silverware after a almost perfect season only to lose it in the GF. So that still sits pretty raw in some blokes and we will use that as motivation to hopefully be more successful this year.
It shouldn't be the way you put it. It should be the way it is now. Some of us who have won wooden spoons this year would give their left nut to play in any final, anywhere, and you're complaining about a D7R final being played at the ground a senior team have earned for their club. Please. Want to have a say in where finals are played? Play A grade.
by Pag
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Divison 3 and below medal Count 2018

Courtney Fish wrote:Do they start at Div 3 or Div 7?

All will get uploaded at 7pm and you can then select which counts you'd like to watch.
by Pag
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gepps look very settled, unchanged from 2nd Semi from what I can see and with some good players (Bray, Matthews, Tanner etc) running around in the twos. If the midfield pressure plus Rawlings and Benz can do enough to get the ball to ground and away from McMahon and Wundke x2, Gepps will have enough footy to win. Manning has a massive job on Clark-Rantasa, kicked six two weeks ago and doesn't need a whole lot of opportunities given his kicking is so good. Asfaha a big out on the deck, smaller oval might not be so noticeable but with all the space Alberton provides I reckon they'll miss his run and carry in a greater capacity than they would if it was at Webb Oval. Some good contests in the centre square too, Bennett, Ward, Read v Schmidt, Mason, Childs.

Not expecting a big margin either way but I'm leaning towards Gepps 1-12.
by Pag
Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

C grade definitely on the cards we had great numbers and plenty missing out. We will see how numbers go next year.

Would it make sense to put your C grade in the SFL C grade comp?
Wouldn't you have the C grade in the C9AFL so all grades can then play on the same day at the same venue. You know, like the SFL like to advertise they do? ;)
by Pag
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Best and Fairest Winners

Failed Creation wrote:Kilburn:

A Grade:
1st: Jason Sandercock
2nd: Darren Francis
3rd: Lloyd Carr

B Grade:
1st: Jayden Austin
2nd: Tomas Zang
3rd: Jamin Tripp

Old mate had a decent year! Should've got him down back earlier.
by Pag
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dirty dog wrote:Where did Mick Wundke play this year?

Assistant coach at WWT while playing some games at CMS Crows in YPFL.
by Pag
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League C grades - 2019

These are never finalised until the end of February, It's the same every year.

So you won't see a draw until March.

Lets look at this logically, if you play triple headers

Follow your A grade, ;)

Wont that change somewhat if the U18 comp changes, hearing that U18 or U19 would be possibly run as double headers with C Grade games, all speculation of course I hope this doesn't happen. U18 should be able to be exposed to A/B grade footy if good enough, and if not ready yet, at least be able to watch their club's senior team go around on a Saturday. Not to mention killing the idea of triple headers.
by Pag
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Lockleys recruiting well is the news floating up north? @zedman? How close to your chest can you play your cards?

always looking but one commitment only at this stage so that might be a case of chinese whispers pag..the biggest recruitment so far this year comes from south terrace..right beachboy? :)
Deflecting already. Closer to the chest than I thought. ;)
by Pag
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sammys on The Marina

3rd wedding anniversary so off we went, had never been before but had always wanted to. Had read Booney's previous poor and then good review so went in with an open mind.

Booked for 7pm, got there about 10 past, no probs, table outside. Waiter was great, got us a beer and a red wine almost immediately.

Came back five later to take entrees. Came out 10 mins later. A garlic and herb brad (four generous slices) and an entree S&P squid, lovely and buttery, barely had to chew. Wife is not a seafood eater and that's about as much as she can do but she was happy with it. Got another beer and red ordered as plates were taken, waiter was great.

Went Battered KGW for main, wife went sirloin (cooked medium). About a 30 min wait for main but wasn't too bothered, weren't in a rush and sun was going down so we were relatively relaxed. Mains come out, KGW was brilliant, wife cuts into steak, it's well-done. No pink whatsoever. She debates whether to return or just eat it, but after some encouragement she walks it back to the counter (waiter wasn't around but I think was leaving us to our devices to eat). They front of house staff looked at it and immediately apologised, took the plate back. Waiter came back to table two minutes later, apologised again, and offered a complimentary round of drinks while new steak was being cooked. Thanks mate.

Five mins later the head of the front-of-house staff comes over and apologises again, puts the steak on the house. We argued she didn't have to but was adamant. No worries.

Steak comes out 10 mins later, cooked perfectly this time, red wine mushroom jus, garlic mash and asparagus. Wife smashed it down and was quite pleased with what she got.

All up for the three beers, three reds (including one complimentary one each), garlic bread, S&P squid, KGW main and sirloin main (complimentary) came to $107. Was more than happy to fork over the dosh, the staff couldn't have been more helpful and attentive, view was great, food was very good, can't complain about anything. Will definitely be back.

Every chef is going to make a mistake at some point, and we understand that, so well done to Sammys for their customer service when the mistake happened. They owned it and went above and beyond after to make our dinner as enjoyable as possible.
by Pag
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Pag - takes wife who doesn't eat seafood, to a seafood restaurant for anniversary :lol:

What an operator. :lol: :lol:

Can't wait for the backlash.

She actually booked it, knowing I had never been.

Won't let that get in the way though. ;)
by Pag
Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Now they have moved the no scoring module up to and including U11's for the upcoming season so presume they are going with what was said a couple of seasons ago that they would eventually take it up to and include U13's

Personally i think it is crap, few people on the wireless this morning not happy about it either
Any kid at any age will always ask and want to know if they won or lost... Winning and losing and how you handle them are great life lessons to learn. Taking that away doesn't benefit them, i believe its vital learning tool which is getting taken away from them...
when you lose you learn...
This. Society as a whole cuddles our kids so much that any sign of possibly hurting their feelings ('losing' in this case), and we change the rules to suit. Kids are resilient creatures when they are given opportunities to fail. Unfortunately society keeps taking these opportunities away by the 'everyone wins' approach, eventually making adults who can't deal with any small sign of adversity or difficulty in their lives.

This isn't just in footy or sport by the way, all aspects of society.
by Pag
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Do people really think these rules are about winning and losing?

These rules are surely more about the attitude of coaches. As soon as there is a scoreboard and premiership table too many adult coaches think it's their chance to be Malcolm Blight, play the biggest kid in the centre for 4 qtrs, the smallest on the bench or in the forward pocket and the focus goes away from kids' development and to winning flags.

Everyone knows everyone knows the score, the people who make these rules knows everyone knows the score. It's not about kids being protected from winning and losing, it's about ensuring coaches focus on the kids' development as footballers.

And we have a winner, finally someone posts on exactly why these rules were brought into place.

Couldn't have said it any better. If the players know the score, then obviously coach does too. If the players still want to win, so will the coaches. Can't imahgine it's going to change too much coaching behaviour.
by Pag
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don’t worry about Smithfield, Valleys will be the team to beat. Sandery has squeezed open the safe and TTG, Freeling and maybe Barossa District are going to feel the effects (as will all of us in D5)
by Pag
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To all those that positively reviewed Boony's at Port Noarlunga, big thumbs up. Was hungover yesterday after staying down south for John Farnham/Daryl Braithwaite at Leconfield, headed into Port Noarlunga for breakfast, the name rang a bell. Walked in at 10am, hardly anyone there. $52 for two big breakkies (that were out in 10-15 mins) and two coffees, all done so well (although I was hungover so anything may have worked). One of the best breakfast sausages I've had in a long time. Thanks for the tip :D
by Pag
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Deflect? Nah speaking truths my brother 8)

Facts:
Round 16 last year - St Doms... Blackfriar 93 lost to Pulteney 103 (10 points).. Langford kicked 8..
It's been widely acknowleged that Langford was worth 7 a game to the Blues last year.
You don't know that the Blues have retained their best mids either - retirements and departures haven't been aired..
Only favourites we are will be crowd favourites 8)

You must love though going under the radar this year - this must be the first pre-season in 10yrs you haven't been a premiership coach in January. :lol:

I’m sure he does lol. Forget Eastern Parks ins and outs, although Knappy is a loss, give them back their points for a silly mistake and they play finals in Div 4 2018. Salisbury lost to Glenunga and Towns in the back half by 2 and 1 pts. They both played in a Div 4 Prelim. They have a top group of ressies under them who won a flag in 2017 and played finals in 2018. I’d expect a lot of those lads to progress comfortably in Div 5 A grade. Smithfield were around the money in Div 4 in 2017 and again mistakes cost them. That’s the top 3 for me on what I have seen in the last 2 seasons. Will be a tight comp though.

the Bedge Is Yank Man being condescending? ;) :lol:
Yank is incorrect anyway.

We beat Glenunga ;)
by Pag
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:Trial Game results
Ironbank beat Kenilworth
Salisbury smashed Ingle Farm
Blackfriars annihilated OSB
Trinity OS knocked off Virginia
CBCOC gave Pulteney a bath
Smithfield accounted for Hamley Bridge

Any others?

This literally has zero bearing on the season, by the way.
by Pag
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity name drop

I was on the street outside NBC studies in NYC about six years ago, stopped at a hotdog cart, the guy ordering in front of us was none other than Adam Richman from Man v Food. Had a great yarn while waiting for the chili and onions and he chucked some great places to eat in NYC in my phone for the six days we had left. Couldn't have been a nicer guy.
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/73771_10151396925968996_1057958289_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=f6f494d3f63ba4e3bd23ab2ee9f5e76d&oe=5D0429BE
by Pag
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANZAC Day Footy

https://www.facebook.com/salisburymagpiesfootballclub/photos/pcb.2429151310648683/2429150727315408/?type=3&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARC7aUyIcivuUjXjT63depEwjkM8jK0aQ0tVZMQyVkAijg_4n4JpjmTSavqP89vHPByuqXu37Xmvi1uq&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARCfMhQ0sAYPbz5Gz2KZad7kpdGHWluZSCBV5oQhZqjlWz7SD9SJnIUhz29utl8yXmGWjxVG6NM8Wm6Vlx_P1VrnFzAKU_Yb5zdbLaemzIBjvSKCbacsa4_Sw5drwNBFL8ushPwDojaSk49i_XUhDwNUfUsVwUR0OhaYzjmvvO3QA5EsoVsyKfl-PkHJn0tD6aMZvVnsPs7RcaeZGHz20XNwiIX4hJZztP6KfRihWMfpgksAc8zjRtD0xO4qniAAzd-4DlFj1Kg7xCV0mmskJZwumoHe6aASHYKGSNvto493S21M9Agk5Ms97dvzN9N-Dlqt18cSrViJCCK6vW6B-9truxGE Salisbury Front

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/58377610_2429150747315406_5287433602726887424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=b0ee912f382c2fe21402f2d3838bf956&oe=5D2DABB8 and Back
by Pag
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2019

Talking with someone today about this Div and he was saying that SMOSH now have a group that sit on the hill beating drums, blowing trumpets etc to try put of the visiting teams while having a shot at goal.....didnt seem to help against Kilburn lol
Creates a great atmosphere that SMOSH hill. We played there last year when they were up and about bhind the southern goals and it added a bit, especially when the outer side literally has nobody. Ditto for the Mound Men at Kilburn.

Eastern Park used to have some great drum-beaters going back 10 or so years as well I reckon.
by Pag
Tue May 07, 2019 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |