Search found 18 matches

Return

Re: 2016 gradings

So it was Salisbury's choice then first of all, then Seaton agreed to stay up? That's different to what FC's post was alluding to
That's how I've read it too.

Salisbury were given the first option. When they declined it was offered to Seaton. If they had said no, I think it may have been offered to Edwardstown.

I was told Salisbury had done a deal with Seaton and this was last year at the Prem. final, I had a lot respect for Salisbury but now I am not sure. Salisbury are in a better place than Kilburn to go up, lost the grand final by a kick and the "b" grade won the premiership. I am sure we could have done a deal after we lost our last Grand final by 100points but we never thought about not going up as we are trying to play in a grade as high as we can.
by Demon Juke
Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Iceland

Pag wrote:Got a week there later in the year, anyone been before?

Nope
by Bum Crack
Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Didn't PAOC win a swag of flags last year?

2008 Div 4 Res B Grade
2008 Div C4 C Grade
2009 Div 4 A Grade
2009 Div 4 Res B Grade
2009 Div C4 C Grade
2010 Div C3 C Grade
2011 Div C2 C Grade
2012 Div 8 Res D Grade
2014 Div 2 Res B Grade
2014 Div 8 C Grade
2014 Div 8 Res D Grade
2015 Div 2 A Grade
2015 Div 2 Res B Grade
2015 Div C2 D Grade
2016 Div 7 Res E Grade

2013 must have been a tough year. How did you get through it?
by S Demon
Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

I was going to say Van Berlo but not sure he'd play A grade at Angle Vale.
by carey
Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

BLFC looking for new players for 2017...

Been a big exit of key players due to the money drying up so are looking for players who are keen to join up for just 1 season!
by cossi11
Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

In fairness to Ben Nason, you have to give him some credits for the amount of perseverance he has to play league SANFL football.

Not many blokes left like him, to be honest less than a handful.

Hardly, left Glenelg half way thru 2016.

He didn't leave Glenelg half way thru 2016. trained all the way thru to end of season. got injured and couldn't get back into the side

I think Nason plays for Salisbury North now.
by Gozu
Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clearances - 2017

It's never been about numbers of players, it's the rest of the CFL failing to live up to their side of the TPPS bargain
Set a more reasonable figure and I'm sure everyone would of been on board.
Also no reason for the points system if there is a salary cap, has to be one or the other

Should be points and no cap.
Points can be regulated and be open and transparent with little cause for problems depending on how the points system is set up, but money finds itself in the intended direction in many varying ways outside of the club's ledgers via any number of parties.
by Benchwarmer
Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Flattered that Glenunga are so taken by the Jets and our players that they've tried to buy everyone from 18 -23 in our A grade.

I guess it's easier than developing your own kids.

They should do it the old fashioned way of attaching themselves to a college at the same time the points system comes in.
by Boosh
Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Watched Salisbury vs Lockleys don’t think Salisbury want to win took best two players in first half away from ball in third quarter and put them up forward both young and went with a centre square older and slower than fall of Rome all can play but can’t all be in centre at one time makes no sense.
Seriously ruckman was a b grader filling in and in my opinion did a great job but your centre square needs hard contested ball get player,quick with skills and and third onballer a mixture of the last two Salisbury went with three the same and got slammed.
Watch medal count later in year and I still think one of the two young Salisbury players will get a vote by umpires even though Salisbury did there best to keep them out the play don’t know what they are trying to do suck any spark out of there play and play safe boring football.
With full side Salisbury have enough good players to make finals,let players play,create and move the ball quickly as they don’t have the talls to move the ball slowly.
by Wings
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

This probably sounds weird, but sometimes when SA Health announces these restrictions or "circuit breakers" or whatever.. it reminds me of my mum when I was a kid.

"Righto you ****** up, off to your room - no tv, no friends, no games!"
"You can come out now.. have you learned your lesson? No?! Right back to you room!"
"You bloody kids are gonna learn to listen and do as you're told - I don't care if you've got to stay in your room for a week!"
by The Bedge
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

After a bruising game it always good to have a few beers between the teams.
by Brodlach
Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Joel Montgomerie has just announced his retirement to the MFC , a true champion of the APFL since arriving in 2007.
by magpieeagle
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

yeah socccers popularity in the north is only growing and a massive concern for footy clubs.

I just can't see how EP, Eliz, CU, Smith can all survive with the shift of populations and demographics.
The Paralowie/Parafield Gardens/Salisbury area is heading the same way. If you walked down John St in Salisbury today it'd be unrecognisable to the one of 25 years ago when we were growing up, and there wouldn't be many potential footballers (or businesses that might sponsor football clubs) along there anymore.
Especially when old salisbury people head up the hill to Golden Grove. Parabanks is better than the village anyway
by beef
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

How people change careers in their 30s?

Long story, short, my 14th year of teaching, and I've loved every bit up until the last few months, and starting to find that the enjoyment really is being sapped out of the profession. Extra admin jobs (ie inputting all behaviour incidents, even minor, on a daily basis, usually at 8.30pm after kids have gone to bed), being told 'how' to teach (ie have to follow crap lessons the Ed Dept have made that don't carter to all students), dealing with behaviour that I just have to shake my head at followed by dealing with parents who refuse to acknowledge their child could make a mistake, could go on. Wife has pulled me up a couple of times for snapping at my own kids over little things (I'm just 'kidded-out' by the end of the day). Just getting over it. The in-class stuff when I get to be myself in the way that I teach, build relationships and watch some kids grow is awesome. The rest, I feel done with. Debating whether to take some LSL for a re-fresh, or take it all and just not return.

Saw an ad for a job I felt I could do quite well, in a different field, but one I'm equally passionate about. A teaching degree clearly wasn't involved or needed, and the degree that was input as a 'desirable' I obviously don't have, but thought my passion for it could take me a long way. Wrote an application, but chickened out and didn't send it. Starting to get a bit of regret at not at least throwing my hat in the ring.

With a mortgage and two kids, re-studying for a three years doesn't sound all that appealing when I feel I have skills that could be transferable. Just wanted to see if anyone else had changed industries and how they went about it.

Take the plunge if you've lost the desire, you'll excel at whatever you do and you're still young enough to forge a long term career in a different field.

I've worked at the same place for 24 of the past 27 years, 16.5 years consecutively this stint and that all ends Tuesday.

I barely slept for 3 weeks thinking about it, the moment I made the decision and handed my notice in I felt instant relief and a huge weight off of the shoulders, I had men and women coming into my office that afternoon tearing up, it was tough.

For weeks I was wondering whether I'm making the right decision, now it's a case of I've made the decision so it's all in my hands to ensure it's the right decision.

You're a quality bloke, extremely intelligent and popular, even if your first venture fails I'm sure you will always be able to have income coming in through friends while you re-assess your options, but don't focus on Plan B's, go out there and kill it mate, we only live once and you never know what your full potential is if you never get out of your comfort zone.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

How people change careers in their 30s?

Long story, short, my 14th year of teaching, and I've loved every bit up until the last few months, and starting to find that the enjoyment really is being sapped out of the profession. Extra admin jobs (ie inputting all behaviour incidents, even minor, on a daily basis, usually at 8.30pm after kids have gone to bed), being told 'how' to teach (ie have to follow crap lessons the Ed Dept have made that don't carter to all students), dealing with behaviour that I just have to shake my head at followed by dealing with parents who refuse to acknowledge their child could make a mistake, could go on. Wife has pulled me up a couple of times for snapping at my own kids over little things (I'm just 'kidded-out' by the end of the day). Just getting over it. The in-class stuff when I get to be myself in the way that I teach, build relationships and watch some kids grow is awesome. The rest, I feel done with. Debating whether to take some LSL for a re-fresh, or take it all and just not return.

Saw an ad for a job I felt I could do quite well, in a different field, but one I'm equally passionate about. A teaching degree clearly wasn't involved or needed, and the degree that was input as a 'desirable' I obviously don't have, but thought my passion for it could take me a long way. Wrote an application, but chickened out and didn't send it. Starting to get a bit of regret at not at least throwing my hat in the ring.

With a mortgage and two kids, re-studying for three-four years doesn't sound all that appealing when I feel I have skills that could be transferable. Just wanted to see if anyone else had changed industries and how they went about it.

Hey Pag, I've helped people do the same thing. I left a secure public service job to go contracting, which I've done for 23 years. I did have a mortgage at the time and purchased a property after a couple of years contracting. It's opened so many doors and opened my eyes to many various industries and the acquisition of many different skills I could never have imagined. It's seriously the best thing I ever did.

The one thing you should remember is that when someone puts an ad up on seek or whatever platform, they always want someone who can meet 100% of their needs. "Mr Ideal Applicant". If you meet 70-80%, throw your hat in the ring. What's the worst that can happen? Other people might only meet 50 or 60%! You just never know. If you don't get the gig, ask for feedback as to why.

The worst thing you can do is not put in an application. Trust me, went through the same thing last year.
If you get the job, you don't have to take it. If you don't get the job, at least you know one way or the other.
The uncertainty of what could have been because you didn't have a crack is the biggest regret and can gnaw away at you every moment if you're unhappy in your current job.

Being in the same job for a decade, it doesn't hurt to have the practice of an application/interview etc even if nothing comes of it.

gadj makes a good point. Many jobs I haven't applied for because of 1 or 2 criteria I don't think I'd meet, and it's such a stupid way of thinking because sometimes employers will alter the role slightly to accommodate other strengths. All the time I see people getting jobs and you think how the hell did he/she get that job.
by FlyingHigh
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Reality is, not much anyone can do about it - and I'm sure all clubs at some points of the season or over the years have tried to manipulate selections to assist qualifying blokes.

Good luck to Para Hills if this is the path they choose - personally I'd be pissed if a player who hadn't played a game for the club walked into a finals side - especially the A grade. Still the player in question is a good player, and could make a difference in the big games, so guess as a club you weigh up the cost of winning over culture.
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adel Footy League- Women's

Still stuns me - and makes me laugh - that every year the same carry on & outrage about paying to get into finals occurs.

It’s been happening every year for as long as I can recall.. and reality is if you want to watch your kid / partner / parent / friend / aunt / uncle whatever.. you’ll pay the pissy entry fee asked and enjoy the day. Same as everyone else has done since Jesus was in primary school.

I’d gladly pay $15 for an opportunity to watch my club win a flag.
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Games

Maybe not….. Suspect it’s one of SAFooty’s own.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |