Search found more than 1112 matches

Return

Re: US

Sanders is cooked by the looks of it.
Biden v Trump it is then
Yep, looks like someone else will have to take up Bernie's revolution, I suspect he'll be past it four years from now.

If that person is AOC, I will be more than happy... the sooner the better! :D
Yes, she's probably his heir apparent.
by Magellan
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

$500 to Newstart recipients. Pokie barons in lower socioeconomic areas, KFC, Macca's and the local dealer man are rubbing their hands together.*

*Offered as comedic value, not a reflection of all Newstart recipients.
And will give the Liberals an excuse to push through their drug testing of Newstart recipients trial. As it should. Why should people who test positive to any drugs receive any payment from the government
If you adopt that stance, and fair enough if you do, then testing must encompass everyone in the public service, including administration and the parliament, plus government contractors and consultants, because they all receive payments from the government.

Unsurprisingly, the trial only focuses on the more vulnerable who receive government assistance. Seems pointless if it does not target those who are in positions of power and influence or buildings stuff like bridges or giving high-level advice whom the community would not expect them to be off their tits high on goofballs.
by Magellan
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Booney wrote:The season will get cancelled.

Glenelg will be premiers for 2 years.

I'd rather take my chances with catching the virus.
by Magellan
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

The bottom of the SA Footy homepage says that '[the] Most users ever online was 1857 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:27 am.'

That's very early this morning. 1857 users? WTF?
We all logged in, so we could get update about Coronas virus
If it's not in the SA Footy coronavirus thread, it's not worth knowing about.
by Magellan
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nwdfanparade wrote:Regarding the coronavirus
Look on the bright side, the Black plague didn't kill two thirds of Europe's population.

True, but on the other hand, the King was the only one who didn't have shit all over him.
by Magellan
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Dutton having corona.....karma bitch!

It is mind-boggling that mass-gatherings weren't banned yesterday and there has been no public health campaign. LNP spent $140mil of taxpayer money on a pre-election ad campaign, but have done nothing for COVID-19.

Morrison is bungling the COVID-19 response like he bungled the bushfire response. He is a smirking buffoon who will go down as our worst PM ever. FFS Q well all know you can't catch Corona on the weekend ....deerrrrrrr.....

All Morrison’s fault.
He made the decision all by himself so Hillsong can go ahead
Oh, hang on.....
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-13/coronavirus-scott-morrison-coag-premiers-cancelling-events/12053382

This Morrison Derangement Syndrome is hysterical
The link supplied doesn't provide any explanation or justification for why Monday was the chosen day for suspending 500+ person events, Hillsong, rugby league, or otherwise.

We can only surmise why, but given Scotty's really close to the head of Hillsong (don't forget Morrison asked the if Mr Hillsong could also be invited to the Whitehouse), you can join the dots. It may not have been the sole reason, but I find hard to believe its wasn't a reason.
by Magellan
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LMA wrote:Heard SANFL season postponed, possible May 31 return.

No SANFL in the SANFL.
by Magellan
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Sadly today we resigned ourselves to the fact our 300 day countdown for a trip of a lifetime will not happen.

Kids we’re pretty devastated as you could imagine but probably not as much as myself. Genuinely feel like I’m in a bad dream, can barely feel my legs and 400 thoughts a second going through your head. Seeing your child curled up into a ball crying their eyes out because of something you had made them excited for is gut wrenching to see.

Life has a funny way of seeing what we are made of.

Guess I’ll have to work up the energy, motivation and mind frame to get up at 4:40am each day for work.
Really sorry to hear that, mate, you really were looking forward to this trip, and the kids must be devastated, poor buggers.

But as FC rightly says, you'll get the chance later on when things have calmed down. It might be hard to appreciate now, but the fact is it's only been postponed, not cancelled.
by Magellan
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Spargo, may your day bring you all the Warren Ralph X-Lotto luck you can handle.
by Magellan
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - Corona(man)virus, Spargo Flu & Booney Fever

The Bedge wrote:I enjoyed the game.

Sure I giggled at the start at the no crowd and training session like atmosphere, but once I got into watching the game I found it just as enjoyable.

Did it sound like this?

by Magellan
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What you're watching/listening to/playing during lockdow

DOC wrote:Now that is a blast from the past.

Might cheer myself up with a bit of Minder.

That could be so good for you.
by Magellan
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Godfather 2 starting on SBS movies
Absolute ripper of a movie - not sure if it trumps the original in my book, but its just as strong.

I think I also saw that SBS was streaming ‘Chinatown’, another dead-set classic.

Part 3 on tonight
Unfortunately Part 3's a bit of a dud, not a patch on the first two.
by Magellan
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Purple, yes, Hush to so much but given time they might join in, Budgie will get a run, too.
Deep Purple - "Machine Head" is good (obviously), and I like Ritchie Blackmore's playing, but most of the time they sound a bit stodgy and dull to me.

Budgie, on the other hand, are an underrated band. I've got their self-titled album from 1971, the one with 'Nude Disintegrating Parachutist Lady.' Great blues-rock-metal sound, especially for a three piece. Always admired them for the album title 'Impeckable,' with a budgie attacking a cat on the cover.
by Magellan
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have worked through :

Led Zeppelin albums from I, II, III, IV, Houses of the Holy and have been through Physical Graffiti twice. Only Presence and In through the out door to go.

Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Vol. 4 and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

I'm planning on listening to all the music that formed my musical taste from the start to the end of their discography in chronological order.
Crackerjack playlist there, Booney.

Don't forget 'The Song Remains the Same' - bagged by some (including Jimmy Page), but I love it and reckon its got some great versions of classic tunes (perhaps skip the almost 27 minute version of 'Dazed and Confused') - and 'CODA', which has a few worthwhile mentions (We're Gonna Groove', 'Hey Hey What Can I Do', and 'White Summer/Black Mountain Side' are my faves).

My advice to people delving into Black Sabbath for the first time (I know, hard to believe, but they do exist - perhaps bored Wolfmother fans?) is that those 5 albums are the only ones you'll ever need. Volume Four is especially awesome - not as well known and Paranoid, but some great songs and the sound is huge. Probably the band at its peak before the cocaine got to them.
by Magellan
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jimmy_041 wrote:Also..... there was never a LZ IV, but that's an argument that can wait for the final stages of an 8 hour bender

You'd need eight hours of something to try pronouncing...

by Magellan
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lockdown/Quarantine activities

Daughter, partner and myself had a BBQ and a few reds out in the back yard Saturday night and played Cards Against Humanity . First time I've played it and we pissed ourselves all night. Before we knew it, it was 2am and I was legless.
Great fun. The more perverse and depraved your mind, the more fun you'll have.
by Magellan
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lockdown/Quarantine activities

Daughter, partner and myself had a BBQ and a few reds out in the back yard Saturday night and played Cards Against Humanity . First time I've played it and we pissed ourselves all night. Before we knew it, it was 2am and I was legless.
Great fun. The more perverse and depraved your mind, the more fun you'll have.

Best game since Balderdash, great fun over a pissup with friends or family.
Agreed 100% JK, another crackerjack game.
by Magellan
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

LMA wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
LMA wrote:
Brett wrote:Again you have nothing but abuse. If nothing you are fun. Predictable but fun.

You too are fun Michael, thanks for the entertainment in these turbulent times :-*

Brett Michael?

Poison

Open up and say...blah.
by Magellan
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

You’re a good man Boon, people like yourself would have been Bazz’ reason for going as long as he did
To add to what CM said, the working bee epitomizes what a true community does, it looks after those who genuinely need it.

Sorry for your loss, but know that your efforts made Bazz's life that bit more bearable.
by Magellan
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

For those into bizzaro documentaries, check out "Tiger Kings". A look at the weird world of Americans who keep lions/tigers etc in private zoos and sanctuaries, and the rivalries that emerge. We're a couple of eps in so far, and the people in it are totally off the wall.

For example, there's a guy called 'Joe Exotic'—a gay (has two husbands), mullet-sporting, gun-toting “cowboy,” who also makes his own country music videos.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2020/03/200317-joe-exoctic1.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=978&h=652
by Magellan
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whatever it is- I’ve renewed the membership and donated a bit more what I would normally pay for a season ticket. It’s the least I can do after years of pain followed by pleasure..
Good on you, hazydog - I've renewed my membership/season ticket, and made a similar donation to North's tin-rattling campaign (which just kicked off today). Also made a modest donation to the Bulldogs' campaign as well.
by Magellan
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

LMA wrote:A great song indeed.

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know.
by Magellan
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr President, the American people are concerned about your response to COVID-19, how do you answer that criticism?
"We're already developing COVID-20, they say it's out in New York. They love it, just ask anyone. I'd rate it a ten out of ten. People say it's more biggly and the most massive-est COVID yet, better than the one from Chaiiiii-na."
by Magellan
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Good luck snatching a look, just make sure you don't clam up if you've get the chance to flap your gums at them.
by Magellan
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVwj0QOVAAEMjgf?format=jpg&name=small

Sure, tough times for everyone, but a lot tougher for those who haven't had the benefit of an average salary of over $300K.

Players, unlike a lot of the community, are in a very privileged position, are very, very well paid, retain support networks through their clubs and the competition body, and should know better.
by Magellan
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:Rest In Peace Brian Dennehy who played Sheriff William Teasle in First Blood Rambo

Yes, RIP. 'First Blood' is a great film (so much better than its tone-deaf gun-toting sequels), and much of it because of Dennehy's performance.
by Magellan
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you go to games, be it some or all, check where your team was playing that weekend and donate the $15 entry you would have paid to that club.

Westies have $15
Norwood last week, couldn't see a fund
The Bays have next weeks $15 already
Just donated a couple of attendances' worth to the Bays, Centrals got the same a couple of weeks back.
by Magellan
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like how of all the things that someone could reject to demonstrate the extent of their hatred and stubbornness, he chose hot dogs. How very American.
Well it’s not like he could’ve said “not for all the tea in Ch...”
Ah, never mind.
True, but to take that a step further, and given his provenance, he could've said 'Not for all the tea in Boston'. ;)
by Magellan
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i know this is not on Netflix, but I watched Blue Murder again on Prime yesterday. It's an old aussie mini-series about Roger Rogerson and Neddy Smith and all the other dodgey bastards back in the day. It's getting on a bit now but I enjoy it every time I see it. I really enjoy the shows on the crims back in the days NSW Police were just as bad.

Yeah rate this, have it on DVD.
Me too, one of the great Australian mini-series.
It's also on SBS on Demand if anyone's interested.
A highly under-rated streaming service. Plenty of quality, and costs you stuff all.
by Magellan
Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You do realise millions of businesses and individuals deliberately profit because of illness and death.
So do funeral directors and tombstone engravers, so you should bung them into your conspiracy theory matrix.

I think you're presuming that people working in health sciences do their jobs for profit first, and whilst some make very good money from it, I don't believe that's the motivation for why the overwhelming majority do what they do. Look at the heath service people on the front line in places like New York or Spain, who literally risked their own life to help others. Their motivation is to help others, individually and as a community.
by Magellan
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:With a frog cake

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Only the rich people in the eastern suburbs could afford those.

They can have them, over-rated IMO. Not a patch on a Balfour's custard tart.
by Magellan
Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VALE - Doug Thomas

Rest in peace, Doug. An impressive on field resume: 200-plus games, 1961 premiership, captain, coach, state footy - represented the state as a full-back and full-forward, if I recall someone else's recollection properly. And then there was his administrative career.

From my perspective as a kid watching SANFL footy in the 80s, he seemed like he was the West Adelaide Football Club, and someone who didn't take any crap. I think there was some controversy over his departure from the club, but he deserves to be remembered a a great servant of his club on and off the field.
by Magellan
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Pseudo wrote:Uncanny, it's the same chez Pseudo. Every time the missus has a whine, I reach for a beer....

Every one a Maserati.

by Magellan
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unlike Virgin, Ireland's Aer Lingus has been quite cunning, and only copped a tongue lashing from investors.
by Magellan
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

The fact we hold footballers up as role models leaves me dumbfounded.
Excellent point.
Rubbish.
Anyone in sport that influence young people is by default a role model.
Sure, footy players are role models 'by default' in today's society, as you say, given the extent that footy professionalism has developed over the last 25 or so years. There's no doubting that. It's part of the gig, the trade-off for high profiles and big dollars.

The real question (which I think Spangas was angling at) is whether they should be role models.
by Magellan
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, I'm really keen to watch it too, and I can't stand basketball. I'm also of a similar vintage to Booney, and can't not think of the 90s without Michael Jordan ( I did have a pair of his shoes, though ), so there's a slight nostalgia factor there as well. The doco seems to be more about the dynamics and tensions of the team environment, which appears to be what gives it such broad appeal.

I had 4's, 5's, 6's and 7's, a Bulls bomber jacket, a Pippen singlet and a full Flight tracksuit. Should have kept the clothes.

Sheesh! Where can we hear your rap album?
Ask and ye shall receive.

kko6X5M17QI
by Magellan
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I actually think you'd like my karaoke version of Young MC's Bust a Move
Any excuse to hear someone rap the word 'Poindexter' is a good one.

more than you would Patience. :D
Indeed, unless you're talking about the Guns 'n Roses 'Patience', whereby I would be very keen to hear your whistling chops.
by Magellan
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CoVid App?

Yep I've installed it. No hesitation. Can't see a logical reason why you wouldnt install it.
I tried but the app is not compatible with my ancient hardware. I'm not upgrading a phone that I am comfortable with just so I can use this one app. So I'm a NO, although I wanted to be a YES.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Uiyhm71P4F4/WCRuiMuOG8I/AAAAAAAAyBo/nl-gVUxzQGkKTbRIcKovpbAv0gqQbkI_QCLcB/s1600/fuvin%2Bplhones.jpg
by Magellan
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

He's the feral, Booney. I mean, he can't even spell 'Bougainville' correctly.
by Magellan
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone had a look at the Michael Jordan/Chicago Bulls doco that just started to come out?
Yep. Loving it and I'm not a huge basketball fan.
Watched the first four episodes so far, and its a brilliant documentary. Always knew he was great, but it’s given me a better appreciation of Jordan’s freakish athletic ability, and his unshakeable drive for excellence. Also made me wonder how such an athlete would’ve performed on a footy field.
by Magellan
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jack Oatey Medallists

Great write-ups, RiG. Please keep 'em coming.
by Magellan
Fri May 01, 2020 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

I have an angel and a demon on each shoulder here.

the angel says;

Clearly the guy has issues and the media the police and media are arseholes for making this public.

the demon says:

Pictures of this and of Ben Cousins should be on the back of every school toilet door as as part of a drug prevention program

this is what happens when you take drugs .
I'm not sure it's that simple with Laidley, at the moment, because we don't know why he was dressed as a woman and had meth on him - was it a simple consequence of a meth addiction (turning tricks as a way to score money/drugs), or does he have difficulty in accepting his gender/desire to cross-dress (and coming from a lifetime in footy club cultures this would be very difficult to deal with) and felt compelled to escape into a world of drugs to do so, and has become an addict as a consequence?
by Magellan
Mon May 04, 2020 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:Settle a bet for me...
Nicola Spurrier... hot or not?

Sounds like a candidate for one of Viz magazine's 'Borderline Boilers.'
by Magellan
Wed May 06, 2020 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

amber_fluid wrote:I’m devo.

Really? I’d love it if you could personally autograph my copy of “Whip It”.
by Magellan
Sat May 09, 2020 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That will fall away again. Victoria are the only ones propping that up at the moment.

I would suggest the 2nd wave is a month away. Just coming into the really cold months.
What second wave I am still waiting for the first wave of this so called pandemic

If you want to see the effects of a Pandemic google the Spanish Flu

The world is full of sheep !!!!

The Main Stream Media has been controlling the masses for years wake up sheep.

Covid is just a bad Virulent INFLUENZA.

Any one that dies today its the holy Corona that killed them .

Lombardy Italy 2018 99,000 deaths fact

New York 2017 120,000 deaths fact

The ordinary death graph is going down

The Covid graph death is going up

They are falsifying death certificates

The majority of people that are dying are elderly and have multiple health problems

95 TO 97 % of people who get Corona have mild symptoms and get over it.

This is the biggest scam on the planet to control all the sheep.

Why are medical experts around the world who now have valid statistical data for the last 3 months and alternate views being banned from all social platforms.

Wake up people the truth is at your fingertips.
You forgot to mention that 5G technology caused the outbreak.
by Magellan
Sun May 10, 2020 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keyboardist from The Stranglers, Dave Greenfield, has passed away at 71 having contracted the coronavirus.

https://indaily.com.au/news/business/people/2020/05/05/virus-claims-the-stranglers-keyboardist/

Best known for penning this absolute classic:

by Magellan
Tue May 05, 2020 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:what is spirit cooking :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whatever it is, it ain't as good as spirit drinking. Unless it a code-word for distilling in your kitchen, which is okay as it promotes spirit drinking.
by Magellan
Mon May 11, 2020 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:Image

#ritualchildsacrifice

And we're sheeple? :lol:

And suddenly, a new contender emerges.

Yes, move aside, Costanza Lord of the Idiots.
by Magellan
Mon May 11, 2020 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:The story of Festivus.

Feats of Strength and the Airing of Greivances.
by Magellan
Mon May 11, 2020 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The timing of the release of the Last Dance is interesting, given the loss of Bryant, but, what I think it has done for those watching it is it has reaffirmed that Michael Jordan is unquestionably the greatest. He is the one and only GOAT. Not Nathan Lyon. Absolutely.
I watched episode 7 Monday and then 8 last night, I've been glued to it.

The end of Ep 7 when they were talking about how his teammates viewed him.....
Yep, interesting revelations. It's a professional environment, so I guess he's not there to make buddies, but to perform and help others to do the same.

That said, training sounded more like a hazing ritual. Jordan's intent was genuine in toughening up the players, and I think he's lucky that (a) those whom he applied pressure to responded to his lofty status in the game and accepted it as necessary, and (b) the ends ultimately justified the means with championship success. Not sure how Rodman would've responded to it, I suspect he wasn't subject to the same barrages. Not everyone responds positively and in the same way to sustained intense personal criticism, which is why rant-and-rave coaching styles of blokes like Barassi have gone with the wind.

Also, Pippen's playoff dummy spit.
by Magellan
Wed May 13, 2020 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |