Search found 757 matches

Return

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I posted this on Twitter a couple of weeks ago to the SANFL clubs and the SANFL...
by cennals05
Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The other thing that is offensive and patronising about the "move on" sentiment is the implicit argument that without the AFL reserves teams in the SANFL the competition would now decline further from its current state – and possibly even fail, so supporters should be "grateful for what they've got". On any view, the undeniable evidence of the falling crowds, is that despite Parkinson's galling and irresponsible spin, fan engagement in the competition has deteriorated. It's easy to say that the current decline is due only to the AFL teams' involvement when in fact a number of the clubs have been struggling financially for many years. That said, there are two identifiable features of the current competition for which the AFL clubs' presence is responsible and they are (i) the complete erosion of the integrity of the competition, and (ii) there are no "saviour" teams which have beneficially added to our league.

The news of this month brings into focus the real problem which confronts the SANFL:

Does it continue to pretend to accept the case sold by the two AFL clubs and allow their toxic inclusion in a compromised, unfair and uneven league in the hope that the AFL might one day genuinely spend some of its $2.5 billion on its "feeder" leagues with junior football programs?

Or does it accept that at least in the short term (and that may be the only term that is left for many of the disgruntled SANFL fans) the AFL's attention is absorbed by only growing the sport at the elite level and any AFL spend on "feeder" leagues or junior football will be confined to Auskick and disproportionate expenditure at the sub-elite level in New South Wales and Queensland?

And if the answer to the first question is "yes" then what a naiive and risk-laden business proposition. And if the answer to the second question is "yes" then what is the point of having both a ruined competition from an integrity point of view and no significant extra financial resourcing?

It's getting harder and harder to remain passionate about the SANFL, and my team's fortunes, for positive reasons - the reasons I grew up with when barracking for Norwood spoke to my soul. A lot of my "passion" these days seems to be borne of frustration.
by Douglas Mawson
Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perhaps some are staying away because they are indifferent to the competition but times change and rivalries change, move on. The challenge for the SANFL and the clubs is to put on a product which entices the fans out to the local game. I witnessed an excellent game 2 weeks ago between the Eagles & the Crows. If there were more of that standard you would have supporters flocking back to the grounds.
This is a comment from 'Walter' published at the end of Faulkner's article, and it touches on the perception that non-SANFL people (and based on its context, I'll assume Walter is a Crows supporter) have for the competition.

The most offensive and patronising thing is the 'move on' sentiment. Stop sooking about your league, times change, so harden up and get with the program, right? A lot of people have 'moved on' following the introduction of the Crows and Port in the last 25 years. They have accepted its place as a second tier competition. Moreover, they have spent (and continue to spend) a lot of time, money, and passion investing in their clubs, and to have a Johnny-come-lately tell you that you should disregard what it means to you is, well, flat-out offensive. When the boot is on the other foot and Crows are on the receiving end of unfavorable administrative decisions from above, then let's see who has the courage to 'move on'.

I find it amusing and annoying that those who spend the least amount of time participating in the SANFL seem to be the most opinionated voices in terms of how it should be managed and administered.

Hear Hear, My sentiments exactly. Moving on is the easiest thing to do. Its easy to follow a local AFL team. So much media exposure, participating remotely, watch the game in HD with mates and family, taxpayers to fund brand new facilities and transportation, kids easily entertained and forget about it after the game.

The worst thing about the current state of the SANFL is I care. I care about the club, about the people within the club, their jobs and the impact of the last couple of seasons. Its easy to just follow the AFL and totally depersonalise the thing, become a Walter and boo and cheer from my brand new Adelaide Oval seat or in front of my HD TV. I sponsor my club, try to attend all the events, spend at the auctions, spend at the lunches, donate to improvements, buy and sell the raffle tickets and to a lesser extent volunteer my services when they are required. I wonder what Walter does?
by wild dog
Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ROUND 19 SCORES AND CHAT

Average crowd. Result really only determines who wears the white shorts next week, both teams will play in the qualifying final
Given the circumstances, both coaches would possibly be treating this as a trial. No good going in all guns blazing if all you'll achieve is introducing your game plan to your opponent.
One of the teams has been playing trials all year.
by Pseudo
Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We can't compromise on this, there is only 1 solution, kick them out......and if we go arse up, well we were going to anyway BUT I'd rather go arse up under our terms, not theirs.
NO AFL IN THE SANFL!!
by CENTURION
Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm back for my one (well maybe more) post for the year following the AFL debacle...

I like the idea of a nicely articulated email that supporters of the SANFL could send to the clubs and the league. You might remember that I did email all 8 clubs and the league earlier in the year concerning crowds and the possible detrimental affect the AFL reserves teams were having. I received a reply from Norwood, but the other 7 clubs plus the SANFL ignored the email. I have to say, I was pretty disappointed with that considering the email wasn't a tirade against the Crows and Power, but rather a calm email asking for insight into what the club / league thought of the situation. My email and the response from Norwood can be found in the attendances thread (from memory).

The only issue with sending an email to the 8 clubs and SANFL again (and I'd suggest a generic email of protest, not sullied by emotion, but certainly clearly expressing one's sadness at the state of the league) is that there needs to be LOTS of people who send them.

For example, Norwood receiving 3-4 emails isn't going to have much impact. Norwood receiving 50-60 emails may well cause a reaction. I'm fearful that the only people who would send such an email are those on here, so in the end, you might get 10 or so people on board. I can't see the clubs giving a toss about so few complaints. The email would need to be posted to the no AFL sites on Facebook, if they still exist, I'm not on Facebook so wouldn't know, but if they are, then maybe that would help gather sufficient numbers. Maybe going on there and polling the group to see if there is support would give one an idea whether there could be an impact.

Joining with WAFL fans and emailing the same email to those clubs may also be a good idea.

CCing in relevant media personalities would also be a good idea.

In addition, people have to put their money where their mouth is. If you're going to continue being a member, then really your complaints and threats mean nothing, as you're being screwed but choosing to give them money anyway. If you're truly unhappy with the state of the league, then you need to walk away and not give the club the money. By continuing to support your club financially, its akin to being unhappy with your kid being an ice addict, while at the same time being happy to drive your son to his dealer to pick up a nickel bag. I'm not saying you don't care enough if you do continue to pay up, or that I care more, not at all, I'm just saying that from my perspective your complaint has less impact.

It's hard to do. I stopped my membership with Sturt after 2012 and 20 years as a member. I went back this year after protests and abuse from my footy friends, but I have to say, I can't see myself joining up again in 2016.

I used to go to 15-16 games a year plus finals. Now I go to 2-3 at most.

Ideally the email would state that the author will not be re-newing his/her membership the following year and will withdraw any other secondary financial support for the club. If there is no change in 2016, then a follow up email should be sent in unison with other fans, confirming no membership will be bought, so that the message is rammed home. For those that say this is cutting off your nose to spite your face, I see that argument, one is punishing one's own club and making their survival more difficult, how is that being a good supporter? Agree, I see that. For me though, support is a two way street, if the club has no concern for me as a supporter, I can hardly be expected to show them undying love.

In the end I'm supporting a product and if the clubs choose to change that product, they can't rely on me to continue to want to buy it.

Looking at this forum over 2015, its pretty obvious the interest in the league by members on here is almost nil. So many games go un-previewed, un-reviewed, not followed live, its amazing how much people have moved on.
by csbowes
Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This world of our's...

valleys07 wrote:Not to offend any religious posters but....

John Lennon's idea of a world without religion is looking pretty good right about now..

John Lennon was full of shit.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Song Tag

Pink Floyd- Have a Cigar
by The Dark Knight
Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Integrity??????

When you come up with somewhere for the up to 5 players who could potentially miss out on a game if the cap was in place.. Stopping 5 kids from playing footy, which is ironically their job, purely because the side they play for may be too strong that week is ridiculous..

Rubbish. So we should happily place individuals and their careers above the quality of the competition in its entirety? :shock: Hmmmkay ....

Just let blokes play footy mate. IMO capping players wont add to the integrity of the competition at all.. Plenty of other means to be looked at before we start capping sides on field selections

The SANFL league team the only place they can play?

I'd never stand in the way of any lads pursuing their dreams or wanting to have a kick, but be f***ed if I'd root up a whole competition for the sake of a few.
by JK
Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Magellan wrote:Yes, the quality of puns hasn't impruned much.

Sheers for the laugh mate :partyman:
by JK
Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General discussion/predictions - in lead up to 2016 seas

Magellan wrote: Righto, I'm done. That's enough Dustin Martin analysis for me for this year and the next.

;)
by Dogwatcher
Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pisstake Secret Santa's

Sucks when moist of the good gags are taken
by JK
Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General discussion/predictions - in lead up to 2016 seas

GWW wrote:What do Crows fans think of this?

"Three Darren Jarmans"

It may look like it, but it is just one of him. They've just squeezed three people into one mans skin.
by Booney
Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Thanks LM. Some more royalties will be flowing in.... ;)
by Booney
Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, good points. They've also written more heartfelt songs that aren't so overtly sappy (or commercial), such as "Fade to Black".

FTB is only a semi-ballad (imho, and I have zero musical knowledge/ability I'll confess off the bat) whereas with NEM they've gone the whole hog. Whether you like it or not, it's a gutsy move to try and roll with the times (as they did with the Black album) given they'd know it was going to annoy the majority of their diehards. That said, Lars is pretty $$ driven, so their advisors would have let them know where they stand I guess.

My guess would be that as pissed as diehards were they still stuck with them (although Load might have brought about a few casualties), and they also added new age supporters via the Black album.

And for the record, FTB is my favourite of theirs.
by JK
Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full 2016 SANFL Draw

I agree Wedgie - no byes was one of the selling point "lies" of AFL Reserves inclusion.

Apparently a number of clubs are very angry about the draw. Time they grow balls and take back control and let the 8 traditional clubs run the comp. Simple really!
by on the rails
Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Hooters - All You Zombies
by JK
Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Primus - Shake Hands with Beef

by Failed Creation
Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Just finished Better Call Saul and thought it was a great first season. Really like that they've included Mike's story as well.

Season 2 starts in Feb apparently.
by Q.
Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magellan wrote:A fine line it may be, but there's a difference between flirting and propositioning.

That Sunrise clip makes me feel good about never watching Sunrise.

True but he asked her for a drink...not a root....

by HH3
Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Magellan wrote:Who ate all the apricot slice. ;)

EFA ;)
by Spargo
Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Faith No More & Boo-Yaa T.R.I.B.E. - Another Body Murdered

by Failed Creation
Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Cranking some Faith no More tunes on a Friday morning.

Now I'm thirsty.... :lol:
by Booney
Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Watching Fawlty Towers - the Germans. Still makes me laugh, a timeless classic.
by Grenville
Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: financial projections

At least we'll have a national women's team to barrack for (AWFL?) to replace our SANFL clubs once they've all gone bust.
Is that the Australian Women's Football United League?

F*** Off! We're the United Womens Football League of Australia!!
http://isme.ie/assets/270683365_1d59a78b57_o_zps481e743d-300x171.jpg
by JK
Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

It still comes down to 6 clubs voted yes, regardless of being hoodwinked or taken advantage of, they voted yes. If as you say the crows would have done anything to get in then again it's the fault of the 6 SANFL clubs for not getting more from them, shit they're semi professional organisations themselves but what you're saying amounts to them being as amateur as a high school SRC.
To be sure, it certainly has been amateur hour/year/years at Prospect. I won't resile from that. One thing that disappoints me is that North, a club making money hand over fist, felt the need to cower at the future of an SANFL without the Crows and Power pumping them up.

But to reiterate, the local clubs were, perhaps for want of a better word, vulnerable and the Crows peddled a solution. The Crows are powerful and wield massive influence. It can be easy to forget this given their considerable lack of on-field success for nearly two decades. It's naive to say that it was simply the clubs' decision to vote and that's that.

The point for me is this: if the Crows really gave a stuff about the SANFL, the organization from which it was founded from, and which it conveniently relies on when they have talk about history, it wouldn't have threatened its viability by inserting a practice squad into it for its own purposes. It already had a method by which second string players got a run . They just got greedy.
But it was a sh!t method according to both the SANFL clubs & the crows. Cant blame the crows for wanting a better method & to be on an even par as all the other AFL clubs.

but you can blame them for wanting to trash over 100 years of history to get that better method. they had other options, they could have pushed the afl for a reserves league. instead they chose the easier (read cheaper) option of taking advantage of the sanfl, and attempted to dress it up as doing the league a favour.....
by tipper
Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

I thought it was Port supporters who thought everyone was blaming them.
Anyway, we just want them and the crows out, no matter whose fault it might be.
FWIW I was once a Crows fan, but felt conflicted by what little regard they held for the SANFL when they virtually forced their way in. If they left the SANFL today I still couldn't follow them, couldn't being the operative word. Just like the asshole salesman, it's my fault for buying his crap product but that doesn't mean I should befriend him either.
by therisingblues
Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

RIP Ronnie Corbett.

I really enjoyed "The Two Ronnies" back in the 80s.

My god. How sad. I remember as a kid watching the Two Ronnies and Dave Allen on a Friday night on Channel two and if I got the adult humour, pi$$ing myself laughing. That would've been in the late 70's I reckon.

Great times, never to be seen/revisited again unfortunately. Some of the best memories of my childhood.

I was sad when Dave Allen died, very sad when Ronnie Barker died and now that Ronnie Corbett has died, it puts a full stop on my childhood recollection.

These guys taught me about humour and timing. Not that I'm good at it, I just appreciate it in everyday life moreso because of them.

Thanks guys, peace.
by gadj1976
Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3....and they start to appear.

Q. wrote:How many Friday night games do Essendon have?

Make it stop.
by stan
Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: unpiring & rule changes for 2016

Ports success through the 70s, 80s and 90s was built on playing the boundary line and continually knocking the ball out of bounds and at the subsequent throw in knocking it out again, Phillips, Delaney, Fiachi etc made a career out of it, I suspect this is why Booney is so against it. Footy has well and truly moved past this point
I'll defer to the Port aficionados, but I'd have to disagree. The 1979 Grand Final was characterised by the above nullifying approach, due to the conditions. I recall Delaney and Fiacchi working in tandem as a springboard for their attacking rebound IIRC - Fiacchi was formerly an average rover until successfully moved to a back pocket (game against Norwood in 1988, just after Anthony Williams tragically died?).

With the exception of about three years in the middle, in a bit over 20 years from 1976 Port had either Tim Evans or Scott Hodges at full forward, with plenty of Ken Farmer medals and 10+ goal bags), so I'd say they knew how to attack and score goals. Not as defensive as you might think.

It's the 70's, 80's and 90's, he wasn't paying attention then.
by Booney
Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 discussion

Happy 1st season of the annual Geelong v Essendon country game to everyone too, can't believe it's been going this long!
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

In other sad news - Kayne West has today been found alive.
by Corona Man
Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No, that would just condone the childish actions of a few who put their personal ambitions ahead off their club's.
If certain club presidents didn't put their personal ambitions ahead of their club's, their members or the league for that matter, we wouldn't find ourselves in one of the most laughable , uneven, nonsensical competitions in world sport.
by Spargo
Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6: South v Adelaide - Sunday 1st May @ Hickinbotham Ov

Well done South, what a result. Adelaide reserves playing bruise free football has become their pattern in both grades. You would be hard pressed to find a more fat, bloated and mediocre organisation than the Adelaide Football Club.
by wild dog
Mon May 02, 2016 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7: North v Adelaide - Sunday 8 May @ Prospect Oval

I'll be missing my first Prospect game by choice for years, don't want to be seen as supporting the cancer in the SANFL. Might travel 45 mins to see south tomorrow instead of 5 mins to see North on Sunday .

Missing my first game for the season despite having nothing else on and living 10 mins away .

You've moved further out by five minutes in the last day or so? ;) :lol:
I was pissed, can't even remember the first post. :lol:
But yeah I'm in the backyard now, it's a long house. :lol:
No wonder I have 36k posts, just keep repeating myself!
by Wedgie
Sat May 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7: North v Adelaide - Sunday 8 May @ Prospect Oval

Corona Man wrote:
Big Phil wrote:North a huge chance today with a couple of late withdrawals for the Crows...

Who's out for the crows?

'Integrity', 'Honour',and 'Respect' all out.
by CedeNullis
Sun May 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

North East Road was it's usual nightmare this morning so I decided to take the side street next to Caltex at Collinswood to get away from the traffic.

Looks like a few others had the same idea - it was quite busy for a small side street.

Anyway, this blue heeler bolts out in front of my (and another coming the other way) car and I slam on the breaks. I thought I'd hit him so I jump out the car - couldn't find the dog anywhere so go to get back into the car and the bloody dog is in the car. :shock:

True story.

I couldn't kick him out, he had hell cute puppy eyes and I knew If I did he'd end up squashed on NE Rd so we went for driveys to my vet who just happened to be down the road.

It's not easy driving with a skitzo blue heeler on your lap, let me tell you.
by Footy Chick
Wed May 11, 2016 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many clubs actually posted a profit last year.
Now it's a requirement to have a $100,000 surplus?
Bit hard to achieve when each club has to play 4 games per year against teams that don't take winning as seriously as say, resting players during games so they'll be fit for the demands of a completely different league.
North did, I think South did, not sure about the rest. Pretty sure the Bay's didn't.

It would help if the true SANFL clubs were adequately compensated for the loss of revenue having the AFL Reserves in the league. $50k p.a. Is a joke
The promised additional media exposure, ergo more sponsorship revenue hasn't materialised, and neither has the promised increase in attendances, ergo more revenue through the gates and in the grounds.

All of this makes the $50k look a paltry sum, and even more so as media exposure and attendances are actually down since the AFL Reserves joined the league. Clubs are having to rely more and more on gaming revenue to sustain them and though this at least keeps some of the clubs viable as a business, it detracts from the true essence of what they are and why they exist, to be football clubs.

I think SANFL and the Clubs have sold themselves short by not realising their own value when it came to the deal with the two AFL Clubs. They needed the SANFL far more than SANFL and the league needed them, and they should have demanded a much better deal than the one they got. This is possibly the biggest travesty of the whole affair.

Perhpaps the SANFL clubs should have asked the WAFL to negotiate on their behalf instead.

For SANFL to now make this $100k surplus demand on the back of falling media and attendance revenues and a poorly negotiated incentive deal, all of which they themselves are responsible for, just shows how far removed from reality they actually are and how badly run the SANFL is.
by johntheclaret
Tue May 17, 2016 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This issue has been with the clubs for many, many months, and it's a surprise to all of you? Are any of you actually close to the clubs you support?

Breathtaking.
Not all clubs, Einstein. Mine made a motza last year, and has done so consistently. You know that the surprise is this target thing which has come out of seemingly nowhere.

Better troll next time. Mind you, you've had a bit of practice by now with minimal improvement.

Embarrassing.
Posting under a new name is cute though.
by Spargo
Tue May 17, 2016 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 in all its folderol...

Magellan wrote:No. Check out my picture, I'm a sixteenth century male Portuguese explorer with a beard and a silly hat.

Then surely you've got more to worry about than answering someone else's question.
by MW
Mon May 23, 2016 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

The mob who live over the road from us... She is up the duff again... For the 7th time - :shock:
I guess we know how they fill their spare time.
Makes me wonder if its the same bloke from our footy club lol! His mrs is expecting #7 - and all the kids are under the age of 8 or 9 from memory :shock: :lol:
Don't think so, the age er....spread (ahem) ranges from about 21 to newborn last year, then this next bun in the oven.

Maybe she channels her inner Joan Collins as Sir Les Patterson so eloquently puts it at about the 1:00 min mark.....

Dl4ie3TaPGg
by am Bays
Thu May 26, 2016 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pseudo wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Pseudo wrote:I just viewed @Footy Chick's profile to see what the fuss was all about.

Looks fine to me.

Perhaps the rest of you should also view her profile, just to make sure...

Tapatalk or Tinder?

31TPaqilCYL.jpg
by HH3
Thu May 26, 2016 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Starting my first uni studies today. Pretty exciting.
by HH3
Mon May 30, 2016 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:What was on them? Just interested, I don't mean to primate.

Magellan wrote:Leave it alone. No need to pry, mate.

Hey, one word pun per thread! Man, drill a hole somewhere else.

Hey, monkey see, monkey do.

( Apologies, I missed yours )
by Booney
Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 40 in Adelaide, when you remembe

When I was 33 I was newly divorced, had a sports car, and it was the mid 1970s when women were liberated.
I didn't have time to even notice anything else,,. ;)

(It was a Golden Age all you whipper-snappers have missed.)
Go on, you know you want to tell us about that raunchy night at Jules after a cask of sparkling Renmano when you chatted up Abigail whilst holding hands with Germaine Greer who at the same time secretly pinched Junie Morosi's bum.

All whilst Jane Scali and the Tony Bartuccio Dancers performed on stage.
What a cracker of a night. It was apparently reported in detail the next day on Lionel Williams' Woman's World and Touch of Elegance, with reports provided later by Nona Burden and Caroline Ainslie on the Channel 9 news, and an in-depth analysis by Guy Blackmore during "State Affair" at 7 o'clock.

Molly was aghast that he hadn't been invited and Woodrow was.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would any SANFL team consider 'John Butcher' next year?

Magellan wrote:
another grub wrote:I hear Poochera are interested

According to my chum Bone they won't bite. Pound for pound there are hairs all over this club, dogged with dodgy pals. Maybe he's a chance at Mt Barker.

I'm hearing that Kennelworth might be where he ends up.
by RB
Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 - WWT Eagles v North @ Prospect

I'm in no way backing up Holden but you know what they say a win is a win
Indeed Mickyj, the scoreboard tells the story. Eagles too good on the day, and for the best part of the last two decades.

However, I'm more than happy to point out to certain posters that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I have no issue with you doing that Magellan
The other week somewhere online I think a south fan was going on about how bad Wundke was re money and pies .
He wanted north fans to back him up
I did point out the other two former south players in eagle colours nothing .
I'm sure I've annoyed people before my injury and after my injury

Have fun Magellan
by Mickyj
Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |