Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

Looking into it, only two players played in echungas grand final team that had not played for them in a previous season. Miller and Lindsay. Hardly buying the flag. Good recruiting ontop of a solid base is how I would put it.
by R. White
Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems to me that TV have had all the support in the world from the HFL since entering the central division, and the HFL has done nothing but hinder Echunga's promotion.
I understand that the decision to have a 11 team comp is now up to the other clubs which i would say is unlikely due to the sedan move.
Then the issue should be who gets relegated. this is a whole different issue for which each club has a case for and against:

Echunga - should stay- (as legsman has pointed out on many occasions) less points than TV
- Won the A Grade flag
- Strong junior numbers
- loosely worded rules around relegation points

- Should go - finished bottom of club shield (which is believed to be the measuring stick)
- B grade didnt win a game suggesting lack of depth (which i would assume will get better the longer they stay up)

TV - Should stay - Earned the right to stay by staying off bottom of club shield

- Should go - very poor junior numbers
- had extra points which ultimately helped them stay off bottom of club shield
- poor facilities

Bridgy - Should stay - Strong junior program
- Seniors improving regularly on the back of junior program
- recently merged with Callington (needs time to prove benefit)

Should go - poor facilities
- may have finished bottom on points (based on loosely worded rules)

I am sure i have missed some things here but in my eyes there is only one sensible solution. Keep the 10 team comp and relegate the weakest club as a whole. TV. when i say whole i mean everything including facilities, juniors (both numbers and success) seniors (including finals).
Some may deem this unfair but life is unfair and in my opinion it is by far the best thing for the comp.
by R. White
Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure that is the way the law works. The law is never black and white but I am sure that in a case like this Echunga will have the upper hand. How do they decide who understood what, and where does it end? Does the mum of a u15 kid get a vote?

Sounds like the vote will go against the 11 team comp (not surprising) and I would expect Echunga to win the legal battle therefore bridgewater go down. This is not good for the league either, they have done a lot of work and will continue to improve on the back of their volunteers hard work.
I've said it before, tv should go down! I have heard that the Hugh's boys are sick of there old man spending their inheritance so when he does eventually pull the funding they will go anyway.
The fact that the competition is in this position proves that the league has evolved and is getting stronger, the rules need to evolve with it.
by R. White
Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Definatly not far that bridgewater get relegated. The only reason tv avoided it was paying huge $$$ to one player. Some am say money well spent but again tv have all their eggs in one basket. When he decides to leave they are in trouble again. F the clubs vote to stick to a 10 team comp, they need to grow some balls and vote for it to be the best 10 clubs. Echunga is clearly in the top 10.
by R. White
Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I apolagize. I did not realise that was actually what the clubs were voting on. With that being said, any club that voted for Echunga to be relegated is weak as p***! No one gave Echunga a chance of winning a game this year and they proved everyone wrong and now the idiots in charge of the competing clubs are sucking on sour grapes! Yes the b grade was poor but who really gives a sh*t. They will obviously get stronger the longer they stay up. Get real, grow some balls and send tv back. Simple. Don't send Echunga back coz you are too scared they might show your clubs how to do things better.
by R. White
Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Echunga had 4 other teams that played on a Saturday. Not one of you Echunga supporters ever really mention any of them. Here's how their season panned out:

B Grade - 0 wins - 18 Losses (10th place)
U 17s - 4 wins - 14 Losses (7th place)
U 15s - 4 wins - 14 Losses (8th place)
U 13s - 3 wins - 15 Losses (8th place)

I'm not sure you understand, its not the team that is being relegated it is the CLUB. The HFL would rather see Clubs build depth and put good junior development programs in place for their future. Performances like the above would suggest this CLUB needs to go back to Country Div to properly build foundations that will better prepare them for Central Div should they return in the future. The above results clearly show the focus was on the A grade only with a lot of recruiting and money well spent. This resulted in a premiership (clap, clap) but every grade below failed to perform at the level. By relegating Echunga it sends a message to others that the purchasing of an A grade flag whilst neglecting the teams below it will not be acceptable in Central Div. What happens when the money runs out and the recruits leave? How will those B grade players go at A grade level? There's a few teams that come to mind: Kilburn, Aldinga etc etc. Swallow the pill Echunga and learn a valuable lesson here.

On the topic of an 11 team comp, it was tried last year by Mt Lofty but got voted down. I was told Echunga voted against this too. I can assure you an 11 team comp will not be voted in by the Clubs. The Clubs run the League and most will not allow Central Div to go beyond 10 teams. And why would the Country Div Clubs vote this in, it would severly weaken that competition with less juniors etc.

At the end of the day this isn't about the A grade, it's about the whole CLUB and Echunga were the worst as a CLUB amongst the 10 teams in Central Div. Time to swallow that pill and prepare for Country Div in 2015 :)

I see where you are coming from but you logic is flawed . Tv finished above Echunga in one grade, the b grade. Results are as follows:
A grade 7 wins 11 losses
B grade 11 wins 7 losses
S/c 4 wins 14 losses
J/c 2 wins 16 losses
U13 3 wins 15 losses

They have been up in central for a few years no so there is no excuse for the poor development of their junior sides. What you are saying is that the hfl values b grade results more than a grade. I have said it before, rules are rules but they also need to be changed from time to time.
by R. White
Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When will you idiots learn. It's not echunga's fault, nor is it really the hfl's fault. If the hfl is run by the clubs then the blame should be spread equally between all of the clubs for allowing this to happen.
As for getting stuck into Echunga on this forum, did to not learn anything form last year. I am sure I could find numerous comments on this forum as to how they wouldn't win a game. That worked well didn't it. They obviously have a very strong club spirit and will not lay down easily. Is this really a bear you want to poke???
How about you worry about getting a kick yourself, or of you are not a player how about don't something to improve your club instead just using one hand to type rubbish on a forum!
by R. White
Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rock and hasbeen you are both being prett foolish. There are no mercenaries at Echunga, they recruit quality players and they stick around because of the culture. Similar to uradlia I would think. All of the players there have a tie or contact to the club in some way and I don't think they will be going anywhere so you may want to shut your pie holes because I seem to remember similar predictions from you last year and I am fairly sure you were wrong!
by R. White
Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OK - hopefully a solution to the problem of maintaining the 10 team Central comp as the participating clubs seem totally set on - and one to assist Bridgewater.
TV are required to supply names of all juniors for 2015 season with ages needing to be within the true ages required.
No over age permits allowed.
If they cannot meet this requirement - as Echunga was made to do by the HFL this season - they are then unable to play in Central.
As this season they finished above Bridgewater due to many over age players on permits sanctioned by the league this will ensure Bridgewater are afforded the same opportunity to remain in Central.
It seems very unfair that Bridgewater may be relegated due to the leagues preferential treatment of TV and this will at least give them a chance of staying.
My bet is that TV cannot field all junior sides correctly at the true age limit.

Fantastic news. Said it from day dot.
by R. White
Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Based on people's reasonings previously stated, probably fair to say Echunga didn't buy the flag.
Echungas list from the gf:

J.Aish - local, played juniors at the club
B.Harland - import, moved from sydney
L.Carey - import, very good one at that. Top bloke too
D.Liston - local, moved from hahndorf during juniors
D.Sheehan - local
A.Miller - ??? Still a senior colt this year.
A.Edwards - local, lives in Echunga
A.Jennings - import, another good one and too blokes as well
S.Cranna - local
S.Maslin - local, moved from lofty for better opportunity
D.Edmonds - local
B.Rothe - local
P.Lindsay - import, good bloke and too player
J.Newnham - import, despite some peoples opinion, top bloke
D.Carter - local, moved from mt barker for more opportunity
S.Edmonds - local
B.Fleet - local, moved from lofty for more opportunity
S.Koop - local, moved from barker for more opportunity. Dad is Echunga legend.
T.Schumacher - local, still played juniors this year
N.Sheehan - local
J.Snell - local

So at worst 6 imports.
Add to this Montgomery, Guy and Henke the side only gets stronger with locals.
This will hopefully help strenghten the b grade as well and if the juniors keep improving the whole club is in a good position which in turn will help the HFL.
I understand why some of you people don't like the way this has gone but it is done, if you want to be hostile towards the club and it's players I don't think they will give two hoots.
by R. White
Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Redsox you have some serious issues mate. You posts are bashing echunga 99% of the time. Get a life, they won the flsg and the court case and now they are trying to address junior number issues and you are having a go at them. Maybe you should get off your a$$ and do something to help your club instead of attacking others having a go!
by R. White
Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Echunga have the cheque book out again

Hopefully it's their own cheque book this time......

Nowhere throughout the legal proceedings does it mention that Echunga players were paid with illegally obtained money. Therefore i suggest you stop making allegations that you clearly no nothing about!
by R. White
Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |