Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Grade Cricket

Another Brilliant East Torrens Choke!!

To recap for those at the back:

2011/12 - West End Cup semi vs West Torrens - ET needed 10 runs off the last 5 overs with 6 wickets in hand and lost by 2 runs.

2012/13 - Grand Final vs Glenelg - ET had the mighty Bays 6/23 and then 7/74 before conceding 238 then being bowled out for 112 to lose by heaps.

2013/14 - ET go from top to 6th and miss finals after losing to the bottom team 2 weeks in a row. Unable to chase 180 against an ordinary Prospect attack despite their top 6 containing 2x international players, 2x FC players and 2x 2nd XI players.

However they carry themselves as the most arrogant, cocky team in the competition led by the keeper and a spoilt school child.
YOUR LAST PREMIERSHIP WAS 23 YEARS AGO YOU CLOWNS. PULL YOUR HEADS IN.

A large diet of humble pie in the off-season I reckon.
#RedNation

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
Enjoy Mad Monday.
by C Horse
Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon that's 5 different premiers in the last 5 years. And as mentioned at the Bradman medal last week 8 differnet clubs have played GFs in the last 4 years.
Good advertisment for the even-ness of the comp
by C Horse
Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very different Adelaide team if Raphael plays the bulk of the season.

I also wonder how many games Tait will play for Sturt?
Raff made stuff all v Uni....did alright ;)

Frightening to think of Raphael, Valente and Lawford fire at once....

Fair to say they didn't fire today then?
49 not a very frightening score.
by C Horse
Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With season over for most thought Id put together a report card for each club would be interested to get peoples opinions also

In ladder order -
Woodville: great season to finish top after losing Sayers' family at the start of the year. Would have tipped them to finish bottom 4 at the start of the season.
Tea Tree Gully: very consistent no white ball flag this year maybe the season they win the 2 day comp - my tip for premiership
Kensington: good season finishing in good form, best player in the comp Browny back to back bradmans maybe? Winner of this semi wins the comp IMO
West Torrens: great improvement from last season to make finals Smith & Ferguson crucial ins this week - fancy them to knock Woodville off
Adelaide: another good improving season Raphael a standout probably favourite for bradman with Brown,
Sturt: don't miss the finals 2 yrs in a row very often but they have a young side, pretty reasonable finish and finalists in one day comp
East Torrens: won the one day comp which is a good effort but have missed the finals again in 2 day cricket. One of the best sides on paper have underachieved again.
Southern Districts: pretty regulation season by the stingrays they finish 7-10 every year.
University: Good to see Delmont back but they struggled without their Redbacks being available.
Glenelg: Horrible season by our boys, T20 premiership aside - very disappointing had a great side on paper - here's to next year!
Port Adelaide: showed that last seasons premiership was a fluke back to bottom 3 as per usual
Northern jets: a shocker of a year they have lost a fair few players and need to recruit hard right through grades
Prospect: bottom again but at least their lower grades did a bit better, maybe some good juniors coming through.

Im predicting a Tea tree Gully vs West Torrens grand final with Gullies to go one better than last year and win!
by C Horse
Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Woodville in essence this weekend could pick 9 batsman, 2 all rounders, win the toss and bowl, set defensive fields, let TTG bat the first day, force them to make the play, but with no fielding restrictions they can bowl wide of off stump and set fields to that.. then just bat out a day with a side full of batsman and they win the flag..

Surely some sort of compulsory declaration has to be enforced, the side should have at least 80 overs to chase the runs.. I like the idea of the side being able to bat on for 10-15 overs on day 2, leaving 80 overs minimum to chase what they need..

Were quite happy with the rules and understand our position. We messed up last round and lost top spot, thats out fault and our 'bed to lay in'. Last year we won the toss and batted v Woodville in the semi, needing the win. Still achieved that result, so its more than achievable to get the result no matter the rules.

I reckon just about every player in A & B grade (where these rules apply) are happy with the current arrangements and it makes for tougher cricket. Teams used to bowl negatively because they didn't need wickets to win - now they do.

People that are saying the current rules promote negative cricket are clearly out of touch because the opposite is true! We want blokes to be able to bat 4+ hours at the next level and this is the best format to allow it.
by C Horse
Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mate, there is only one source for the correct weather forecasts, all the rest are lucky to be within 10% of the real stuff.
Correct - the BOM.

Annoys me when people look at their phones for the weather forecast or whatever, or find some random website that predicts different temps haha.

FWIW bom.gov.au

38 - FRI
42 - SAT
42 - SUN

That's improved from the 41 degree forecast for Friday earlier in the week also.

My missus does it, I just shake my head and give her the old "yeah right, we'll see".

Yeah right.
Peaked at 32.4 yesterday and 36.5 today (and those figures are from the BOM)

So yeah.... Spot on weren't they. The sooner we start treating heat like we do rain at cricket games, the better.
Deal with the actual conditions rather than reacting to a forecast.
Could have played all grades today and the one day games tomorrow.
by C Horse
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not picking on you Eags14 but the above and other post like this highlight all that is wrong with SA cricket, grade clubs shouldn't be dictating in anyway shape or form to the direction of the state team.

As an outside SA cricket fan looking in this is another case of the tail wagging the dog

if the state selectors want Nielsen to keep, that's the end of argument. Peters fields in the slips, short leg or fine leg to fine leg if he plays ones. If he still wants to keep, off to the 2nds for you son.

Elite sport isnt fair, if Peters misses outs on the gloves because the state team want Nielsen to keep, stiff sh!t. That's the nature of being a a 'keeper, it's arguably the most competitive spot in a cricket team you- only need one. He can make a cricket career decision. He is by no means the most first 'keeper in Australia that this has happened to.

This is spot on - when Carey plays for Glenelg - he keeps and Damon Kerr (a more than decent 1st Grade keeper/bat) who returned to the club last year plays in the 2s. End of story.
by C Horse
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bays didn't have Liam Scott or Alex Carey today. I wonder if they'll be available for the final? Eagles missing Gibson. Is he still injured? Strong teams. Hopefully everyone full strength
TC - I heard Scott didn't want to play this weekend due to "bubble fatigue". Not sure about Carey. I also heard (unconfirmed) that SACA wouldn't allow Gibson and Corey Kelly to play this weekend as they "might get injured"??? If that's the case and both players put their hand up wanting to play then that's a joke.
I believe the next shield fixtures may be on the weekend the GF is though?

Liam Scott has a finger injury that's why he didnt play
by C Horse
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to West Torrens for Winning the double. Agree with everyone on here, especially Eagles as you put it you guys weren’t the best team all year and in fact very fortunate to make it into the 4 at the end of the season. Came out on top in the Final with all the 50/50 decisions going their way. Gutsy for Gibson to come back out, More grit than quality but earned himself and his team the win. Spenser showed why he doesn’t get a crack at the next level, flat pitch and never looked threatening at all, 2 out of his 3 were incorrectly given out. Then was made to look like he was bowling pedestrian on the Sunday, cleaning up the tail should of been his bread and butter. Buckingham unfortunately another poor case of Redbacks High Performance gone wrong. Poor kid is getting thrown to the wolves, a taller poor man’s Chadd Sayers with less quarter of the skill.

Shame about the Somerfield dismissal, half an appeal more so in desperation than for anything, replay suggests outside the line plus clearly two noises. West Torrens thankful again like they were against us in the One Day Final. Would have liked to see how much more complaining they would of done after the Tea Break when TTG pushed closer and closer. Wasn’t to be.

West Torrens behaviour was Embarrassing to say the least. A friend of mine who hasn’t been to a Grade game in a while said it was unbelievable to see and hear how they were going about their cricket, let alone it was those players who are in our high performance squad carrying on like children. Very disappointing from the WT group and they all need to have a real good look at themselves.

Very good season by TTG, given they have only Oakley, and Head (faced 6 balls one Game) and all the other teams in the top 7 collectively make up the entire Redbacks squad that needs to be applauded. Professional Cricketers versus average joe blow who works Mon-Fri to rock up on a Saturday and compete. Hats off to Gatting and Co. You really shouldn’t have competed, and before someone jumps up and down and says it’s because they cheat etc etc get your facts right before making accusations! Funnily enough WT have a larger reputation of cheating than TTG.

Bring on the Footy Season, Go you Bays

Can't say I agree with too much old Bob has to say here but it is rather humouros that WT were complaining about TTGs ball management when it was pretty obvious they were doing the same thing in the one day final until it was brought to the umpires attention by the glenelg captian short memories

Also the criticism around Buckingham is unjustifyied he's pretty good for a 19 year old kid bowls decent pace outswing better bowler than Joe Mennie at the same age and he turned out alright give the kid a chance hes bowled his team to 2 premierships
by C Horse
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

would have thought Seb Young given his dad played at west Torrens for years
by C Horse
Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |