What does it matter what they do now. The whole setup is F****ked anyway
by Reddeer
Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

LPH wrote:Sanderson's Reserves Team idea is working a treat :lol:
Karma's a bitch :lol: :lol: :lol:

He He Serves them right. I'm well and truly over the Crows and you don't get rid of a favourite son!!!!!
by Reddeer
Sun May 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 - West Adelaide v Adelaide - POST MATCH

Gozu wrote:Crowd 1,750

So the promise of 4000 attendances at games by Crows heirachy ( ie liars) is nothing but blatant crap ( Thats putting it lightly)
The Crows will finish near the bottom this season, and serves them right for wanting to change a system that was OK
by Reddeer
Sun May 11, 2014 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

The comp is now a farce. Thanks Olsen and cohorts.
by Reddeer
Mon May 19, 2014 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 - Eagles v Adelaide - POST MATCH

So we find out where we are against a professional outfit, just as we did against Port Power. But we voted for it so suck it up. Its such an even playing field!!!!
by Reddeer
Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 - Eagles v Adelaide - POST MATCH

Eagles competed for the first 15 minutes of each quarter and then were run off their feet after that. Unless the fitness levels of the SANFL teams get closer to an AFL level it's going to get worse i'm afraid
Thats the difference between PROFESSIONALS and part timers. The Crows created by the SANFL then return to destroy it. Thanks very much and goodnight.
by Reddeer
Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vale Chris Butler

Saddened to learn of the passing yesterday of Chris Butler
Chris was a ruckman for West Torrens 1961-1963 (89 games) playing in the era of Dick Reynolds as coach and players such as Lindsay Head, Geoff Kingston, Neil Hawke, Bob Morrell, Bob Shearman, Freddy Bills just to name a few.
Chris had only recently undergone the amputation of his second leg.
Condolences to his family
by Reddeer
Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Yep. Requires no more tinkering with top up players, half arsed "salary caps", finals qualifications etc etc.
It's a no brainer.
Any common sense decisions regarding the SANFL no longer happen.
I have lost complete interest in the football here.
Just a compromise competition for the AFL teams to have practice.
No integrity, no point for the real clubs to play.
Was going to see the Eagles play their last game for the season and to honour Powell and Grocke but just can't be bothered.
by Reddeer
Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

How can he be regarded as independent if he has spent 14 years on an AFL clubs board. The infiltration is completed.
Thanks Olsen
by Reddeer
Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do we need SANFL reserves???

The SANFL comp is messed up enough already without stuffing it up with more changes
by Reddeer
Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

AS usual the AFL make new rules up as they go (to suit themselves) and get what THEY want, no one else
by Reddeer
Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

So that would suggest the trend was downward anyway with or without the reserves teams?

And that the effect is somewhere between zero and slightly positive?
There is absolutely nothing positive about the AFL teams in the SANFL
Downgrades the comp to a trial game practice exercise for the professionals and in the end will destroy the comp if it is allowed to continue
Mark my words
by Reddeer
Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Well it is the main reason for attendance decline. Supporters are not dumb, they like REAL competitions on LEVEL playing terms
by Reddeer
Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 Eagles vs Adelaide on Sunday

Wont be compromising any integrity by attending a crows practice match
by Reddeer
Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2nd Semi Final - WWT v West Adelaide

A 5 goal lead is dangerous for the Eagles especially this year against West. In round 2 they overran us by a goal. in the next encounter we were luckily
7 goals up and West got within 2 goals. The same thing happened yesterday we may have been fortunate to hang on due to our injury situation.
Can just hope that West/Centrals prelim is a very hard game for both
by Reddeer
Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

VALE PARK wrote:Perhaps it could start when the crows and power came in.
Norwood 1
The rest nil.

Good Idea
That's when the SANFL was renamed AFLSA anyway!!!
by Reddeer
Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Congratulations to Westies. They always looked like the winners
It was the Eagles title to loose and they did that with aplomb
At least we didn't succumb to Norwood, Centrals or the AFL intuders who have all had their turns. (AFL dont count)
Glenelg supporters must be wrapped having sacked a Premiership coach. Well done to Mark Mickan, he was pretty good when he was at the Eagles as a well
The Eagles have their seconds team to thank for some success. To complete a season undefeated is a magnificent achievement in any comp
For West 32 years between drinks is a long wait, enjoy. I had to wait 40 years from 1953 to 1993 for my drinks.
South turn next, perhaps
On to 2016
by Reddeer
Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the Eagles AGM I asked the following questions to the board.
"What benefit has the club and the SANFL gained from the AFL teams in the competition?
One of the answers from the President was that the club's players gained tremendous satisfaction in being able to defeat a measuring stick such as a professional unit. The club did it for the first time last season.
My complaint about the comp being far from a level playing field was pretty much dismissed, probably because it provides the challenge to the amateurs!
Not much was provided as per finically gain.
I note that the promised extra 4000 attendees did not come to fruition, in fact the attendances dropped.
I made mention of some of the suggestions mooted regarding the AFL teams, i.e
No SANFL games at Alberton (Now in Eagles territory anyway)
Limit on number of professionals that can be played by AFL teams should they be at full strength
Less or no byes!!!
Why has Port still have a SANFL reserves team
What do the Port Power pay to play in the SANFL (seeing they chose to be an AFL club
NONE OF WHICH HAPPENED.
It probably will when the Crows and Port play in the Grand Final. Then maybe the penny will drop (after it is too late)
I was not howled down but the questions remained
by Reddeer
Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

AFL is the big league now and EVERY thing else is second fiddle. sadly there will be casualties
There are hundreds of clubs worldwide in all sorts of games that have UNITED in their name.
So it will eventually be things like North Norwood United Sturt South United Glenelg West United it already is Woodville West Torrens United
We will have a 4 team comp that play each other every second week. great to look forward to but I wont be around
by Reddeer
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Broadcasting

Jim05 wrote:
RoosterMan wrote:Does anyone know if Channel 7 are continuing their broadcast of SANFL matches or has the league secured another broadcast partner for this season?

C7 finishing up at end of 2017.
Not sure if anyone will pick it up

Don't you mean not sure there will be anything to pick up?
by Reddeer
Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West V Adelaide

Wolf Pack wrote:I think Beechy felt great LOL.
25 possessions, 10 Marks and 3 Goals :(

The absolute folly of an unfair competition
When will people WAKE UP to the this !!!!
by Reddeer
Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cornes complaint

Nothing new!!!
Last year we watched an elderly woman in front of us in the grandstand giving the Eagles the two finder salute as they left the ground.
I casually said to her that it was bad luck that Norwood had lost in all the grades that day and she went absolutely ballistic and pretty much accused me of being a foul mouth bastard and wanted her husband to start a fight with me. The feral crowd at that venue has stopped us from ever going there again!!!
by Reddeer
Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Crowds

I reckon less than 1000 at Pospect today.
About 50-100 crows supporters.
Lowest crowd ever?
SANFL thank you,
better than a bye though!

There may have been a bigger crowd at a bye!!!
Wont be long before the combined attendance at all games in a round is less than 4000 (strangely enough the figure that the crows were supposed to get extra to all their games
Sad reflection on the degenerated comp
by Reddeer
Sun May 08, 2016 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Crowds

The competition is in disarray
by Reddeer
Tue May 10, 2016 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11 - Norwood v Adelaide @ Coopers

Introduction of the AFL teams into the SANFL is the worst thing that has happened to the comp. The evidence keeps mounting
by Reddeer
Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL teams to stay, clubs to receive $250k this year - Ol

Oppose it how? By not going to games or becoming members surely that will kill it off sooner. How will that revitalise it?
Keep supporting it in its current format and it's 100% going to be irrelevant and die.
Don't support it and push for change and there's a good chance it can be relevant and thrive again.
Some % > 0%
If someone in charge would contemplate adjustments like not allowing AFL teams participation in the finals or Magarey Medal I would be swayed to change my objection to this completely laughable disenchanted non level field comp that it now is.
When will someone step up and do SOMETHING. It keeps getting suggested, mooted and then forgotten.
Port should be playing all their SANFL games away just like the crows have to do, why do they keep getting looked after. They wanted to go to the AFL, yet they still want it both ways.
Best idea is to clean out the dead heads in control and start again with an honest person at the helm, not the crook they have now
by Reddeer
Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL teams to stay, clubs to receive $250k this year - Ol

Don't worry everyone, I assume this means the AFL teams will be gone in a couple years given Olsen's unique definition of "not negotiable"! :lol:

“That is not negotiable - we have deal with the AFL clubs and they will be there for the next 10 years,” Olsen said. “The SANFL competition is better with them in - that is my strong view.”

Compare the similarities to

"Reserves teams in the SANFL for the two AFL clubs is not negotiable .
We will not compromise the SANFL competition (with AFL reserves teams)."
Well he was an out and out liar as a politician so nothing has changed when involved and destroying football. I mean he was a used car salesman in Port Pirie so that says it all as well. Dumb SANFL for putting in the position he is in. Don't know how he had the gaul to return to SA after the ETSA sale lies
by Reddeer
Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

In respect of AFL teams drafting from the teams in their local comp couldn't a rule be introduced to make those players inelilible to play against their original team. They would probably be reluctant to play any way if they had any loyal feelings
by Reddeer
Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pity the SANFL doesn't get as much media promotion as this new womens league. Pages and pages of stuff in the Advertiser
by Reddeer
Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Books on Football

Several beautifully produced photobooks are available for those interested in obtaining a souvenir type complete record of the Woodville West Torrens Football Club
Also a photo book of 123 team photos of West Torrens teams (All grades) from 1905 to 1990 has also been very popular with supporters and has been only covered by word of mouth
All these items are available for viewing at the reception desk of the Club at Woodville Oval
They have been produced by Club Historian John Storer
by Reddeer
Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TV ADs by Port Power

I am wondering how Port Power can afford these self promoting prime time propaganda on TV these days. SANFL would much more appreciate perhaps them refunding all the cash provided to save the club not that long ago. They are the Port Power now (thats what they wanted) since 1997 but they still draw that long bow claiming back to 1870 (that was Port Adelaide magpies who no long exist or have areas to recruit in SA
by Reddeer
Tue May 02, 2017 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 10

I have never seen that type of play on paid and to do it at that stage that UMPIRE is an absolute idiot and has no feel for the game. Is only knee high to a grasshopper so never would have played the game and any reasonable level Should never umpire an AFL game again. As much as I don't support Port they were cheated tonight and they should feel robbed which they were.
by Reddeer
Thu May 25, 2017 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Havent seen last night so cant comment

Last week the umpiring was confusing both ways...

And then the Dixon debacle, i recall a similar incident involving Hawkins. AS you are Geelong supporter I bet you do.
If that decision had been on Hawkins at that stage of the game the crowd would have torn the stands down and lynched the prick of an umpire who clearly has no feel for the game

Horse shit . "Feel for the game" is the biggest cop out. This rule is quite clear. You are even given a f..king shot clock.
No horse shit about it. Don't give me the crap about rules are rules Every rule is broken in this game very time it is played and they keep changing them No wonder the game never takes any where else
by Reddeer
Fri May 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

in big white numerals on the scoreboard!
How many grounds have big score boards with count down clocks. You don't go to the game to watch how much time you have to take a kick. That's is crap and and an insult to the game. I am not a Port fan, usually hope they lose but not cheated out of it by a idiot umpire. Couldn't care less if he was right just doesn't get the vibe. Typical hometown decision by a Victorian Umpire. They are all crooks
by Reddeer
Fri May 26, 2017 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8

the professionals enjoy their rehab and day off tomorrow while our boys go back to their day jobs.
Therein lies the absolute folly in the current competition that is slowly but surely dying due to the incompetence of the SANFL admin because they wont do any thing about it despite what supporters are saying
by Reddeer
Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

The SA public and the Adelaide press just thought it was going to a matter of just turning up.
Probably influenced the players thinking as well
Fairy tales don't happen like that
by Reddeer
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Fixture

Split Rounds = Byes when you don't call them byes
by Reddeer
Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

VALE PARK wrote:Which radio station is covering the games?

Probably none due to lack of interest in the comp that is confirmed by SANFL itself
by Reddeer
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Slaven and Mr Branson also argued spectator numbers for the club — which has played in 10 of the last 27 SANFL grand finals — had fallen from 4000 in 2012 to 1500 last year.

Incredible drop.
There's a lot of Crows supporters amongst the Eagles brethren.
How clear does it need to be that the Crows reserves in the SANFL is doing a very good job of killing off our beloved league?
We tried to tell them so BUT they would not listen
by Reddeer
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last post on the SANFL forum (before this one I am making now) was Sunday the 5th at 7:57 pm, and the gist of that was about the lack of exposure/ respect the SANFL league is now accorded these days.
I am just wondering what is the longest time without a post on the SANFL forum, and when that occurred. I would say that, along with crowd figures, the amount of activity on this forum is as good an indicator as any of interest in the SANFL.

Over the new year period there was a gap of around 2-3 weeks from memory.

What we should do is post in here when we hear / see / read something promoting the SANFL from the SANFL. Whether it be a radio ad, TV ad, something in the paper, email etc. Be interesting to see.

If that is done this tread will disappear through lack of posts
by Reddeer
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Advertiser stuffs up again

Clever that our only paper shows LAST YEARS premiership tables for the Reserves and U18 in the reports this morning
How great they aren't!!!
by Reddeer
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UK Fan wrote:Thanks for calling a press conference on a Saturday at 3Pm whilst sanfl games are on crows.

Pretty much shows what regard they have for the SANFL Zilch
by Reddeer
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Crows and Port both missed the AFL.

WTF happened, I thought having their own reserves side was a golden ticket to win premierships and the only reason Victorian clubs were out performing them.

SANFL is not a level playing field. How are Crows and Port supposed to compete against sides with settled line ups every week. Crows and Port need to rely on top up players from other leagues. Clearly not fair and why they're not playing finals.
Absolute uncanny series of coincidences that either team has played in finals every year bar this year, Port in two grand finals and Adelaide in a Prelim only two years ago.
Should not play finals any year. Let them use the comp as practice if they must but they don't qualify for finals
olsen and his crew would argue that would compromise the comp but you cant get any more compromised than compromised as it is
by Reddeer
Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More to the point about sanfl it seems to me that it is a pity that niether Glenn Elliott or Kurt Slaven were voted on to the Commission. It may have saved the current downward spiral of actually looking after the sanfl instead of the afl
Can someone enlighten me on who actually votes on this anyway. I dont get a vote as sanfl supporter
by Reddeer
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

I've seen 3 games now and still waiting for the umpiring to come up to scratch ...
I've seen probably over 1000 games and I'm still waiting.
Umpiring is terrible in all competitions. Worse in the afl. 3 or 4 umpires reeks inconsistencies and the holding the ball decisions are what is destroying the game. For heavens sake if a ball winner gets the ball and then 5 players pile on top of him just pay in the back. He won the ball and edserces some sort of protection. In most case the play who has won the ball and is at the bottom of the pack has no chance in the world to get it out. The umpire circles around and then usually pays what the players standing around are screaming for. A free for "in the back" is non existent these days
by Reddeer
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 2nd Semi Final

Definately the premiership Cup is South Adelaide's to lose on current form. Will smash North in the Grand Final so North fans should celebrate todays win cause there wont be anymore!!
by Reddeer
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SANFL management system is to bend over and grab their ankles, grin and bear it. They do whatever the AFL tells them to do. :twisted:
Yeah, I dont think I have ever seen such a weak knee organisation. Total weak as water and would not be able to make a decision to actually help our competion apart from feathering their own comfortable rich nests in their silver spoon environment. They should be ashamed of what they are doing to this states football league and to be frank they should all be sacked
by Reddeer
Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

and so I ask again. Where have all the funds from the sale of football park gone. Not to clubs but into the pockets of the clowns running the show I bet
by Reddeer
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

With you Spargo. Good banter is no problem. I find most of the NA supporters on this thread the best contributors. I would have Allmond back in a heartbeat. He left for more money and I dont blame him. We were compensated. He achieved a premiership. I always thought Jarrod was AFL material. Win/Win.
True but more to it. Was asked to take a pay cut so the Eagles could pay recruits more than him that were providing less output and effort than he was.
North were happy to pay him what he was worth and has been awesome for us. More than paid us back. Not only a class player but a leader and a club man.
Would be pretty to easy to suggest our last flag would have still been 1991 if not for him and the Eagles may have had at least one more.
Definately agree with you. Nutsy is a class player with a devastating left foot kick and we were very unhappy to lose him
by Reddeer
Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

SANFL too weak (as usual) to make port play as what they are AFL Port Power and in those colours and play all their games away just like the crows have to. Port don't pay for the privilege of using us as practice so they should be forced to comply and to use the feeble excuse that they are a sanfl club, well that went when they decided they were so much better then everyone else they had to join the AFL. They don't deserve to have it both ways but typically due to WEAKNEES of the so called commission they do
by Reddeer
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |