Search found more than 2490 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

Watching the Superbowl from the middle of the Barmera Golf Course.

PXL_20210208_000812768_copy_1008x756.jpg
by Wedgie
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Norwood's Jackson Callow training at Hawthorn on a similar move
by Wedgie
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID Travel

Perfect weather up here in the riverland atm Boon.
Pubbed it at Barmer on Sat, did Wilkadene, Renmark and Berri on Sunday, Loxton yesterday and just heading out not to have luncch at Banrock Station near Kingston on the Murray.
So much better than when we were up here 4 yeara ago and copped 45 degree heat most days.
Difficult night having BBQs downing a few beers overlooking the golf course too.
by Wedgie
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bluetooth Integration for Car Audio on older cars

One of my latest projects for my car since my missus got her new car and I got mine back was finding a decent audio solution as I solely use spotify these days to listen to music. My mazda 6 is 15 years old so has the stock standard radio/6 stacker cd/mp3 options. An FM Bluetooth transmitter was not an option as they sound terrible and look ordinary. There is also is no Aux in and that looks ugly in use anyway. (Plus most new phones don't have aux out)

Considered getting a whole new system which includes full hd screen, digital radio, navigation, etc but when I priced it up it was going to be $600 for a new fascia, around $900 for the unit I was looking at and $300 for installation. A bit pricy considering I travel 5 mins to work atm. Having said that if someone does want to go for this option I highly recommend 360 Car Audio at Marion, after some investigation I found this the best place in town, Nafe does some amazing work and is great to chat to, check out 360 Audio on facebok.

After some more investigation I found a place interstate called Cushie Audio that sells units for diffetent brands of cars called Groms. Just plug your car make/model/year into their website and it tells you which unit you need. I purchased one of these for about $250 and paid a little extra for a aux cable out and usb charger which sit in my glovebox ready for use.
Got it delivered in 4 days, installed it in less than 20 mins. No need to take the interior apart, just had to remove the glovebox and insert a cable into the back of the existing audio unit. Pushed it away all neat so its hidden.

Turned the ignition on, paired my phone on bluetooth to "Grom Radio", put my audio system into CD mode and voila, top quality spotify through my existing speakers with full control from my steering wheel controls, the existing system or the phone. Also comes with a microphone with a long cord that easily attaches which allows you to make calls, use Google/Alexa/Sirri, etc. I might hide this somewhere eventually but didn't bother as just after decent music at this stage.

Highly recommend this option for people in the same boat as me and wish someone had put me onto it years ago! There are some other similar options to Grom but didn't seem as good especially for what was available from an Australian seller.
by Wedgie
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2021

LOL, see the 50m Cox gave away for walking backwards off the mark today.
This rule is comedy GOLD! :lol:
by Wedgie
Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Touched many people including overseas artists who toured here, this from Bruce Springsteen:

My friend Michael Gudinski was first, last, and always a music man. I’ve toured the world for the last fifty years and never met a better promoter. Michael always spoke with a deep rumbling voice, and the words would spill out so fast that half the time I needed an interpreter. But I could hear him clear as a bell when he would say, “Bruce, I’ve got you covered.” And he always did. He was loud, always in motion, intentionally (and unintentionally) hilarious, and deeply soulful. He will be remembered by artists, including this one, from all over the world every time they set foot on Australian soil. My deepest condolences to his wife and partner Sue and to the whole Gudinski family, of which he was so proud.

– Bruce Springsteen
by Wedgie
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This month's beer special at ALH pubs.
I bet @Booney is happy! :lol:
by Wedgie
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations mate, great photo, a very good looking couple!
by Wedgie
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2021

He needs to sign an extension so they can pay his wages when he moves on and is elsewhere.
by Wedgie
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 AFL season - Round 1, tips & banter

locky801 wrote:Anyone seen Wedgie :shock:

I've always said no Cameron no Geelong. ;)
by Wedgie
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Great story about Charlie Dixon in today's paper, seems like a ripper bloke.
Hope to run into him and say gudday when I'm out and about as his garage is just around the corner from my house.
by Wedgie
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How goods footy though, I was smashing chairs in the second half but as soon as th game finished life was ok again. Isn't life better with footy, missed this.
by Wedgie
Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where was Kelly's awareness? Surely he saw him coming.
Ah, but because the bumps been basically outlawed, he didn't expect contact maybe?
2 weeks.
Kelly very lucky to not have a completely broken face!

Are you ******* serious?

He has a point. Kelly should be aware that someone is about to accidentally head butt him in a bump. :lol:
by Wedgie
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Psyber wrote:Before we had Influenza vaccines, the Asian Flu nearly killed me in 1957 - I was bed bound, running a high temperature, and hallucinating for 10 days.

Are you sure it wasn't just a reaction to Port beating Norwood in the GF that year?
by Wedgie
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Bays new retro guernsey commemorating the 1934 flag and celebrating their 100 years with all the players names on it that they'll wear at their first home match and most away matches looks great!

CENTENARY-GUERNSEY-AD (2).png
by Wedgie
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

His lawyer's argument was only that the head contact was heavy not severe (whilst the actual bump may have been severe).
Makes sense as you'd think if two heads hit each other with severe contact they would have both been knocked out.
Tribunal disagreed saying it was severe so the penalty makes sense and my daughter tells me if it goes to tribunal you can't get games taken off for a good record so that makes sense too.
You should listen to your daughter a bit more before you post, she seems smart... ;)
No arguments here, 6 successful years of uni including distinctions, etc after an almost perfect score at high school.
Meanwhile I'm pouring a decent beer! :lol:
by Wedgie
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Gay meant carefree, cheerful or bright and showy before it meant homosexual, someone else should start a petition to stop them using it!
by Wedgie
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Why are Glenelg celebrating 100 seasons in their 101st season?
They entered the SA(N)FL 100 years ago.

1921 to 2021 is 101 years.
March 1921 to March 2021 is 100 years.
Try the calculator app on your phone and enter 2021 minus 1921.
Tell me what number it comes up with.

They've competed for 100 seasons and will be commencing their 101st season next month.
Just like normal people celebrate when they complete a milestone year, not 12 months earlier, ie 21sts, 50ths, anniversaries, etc.

Hope you're not expecting a letter from the Queen or King when you turn 99. :lol:
by Wedgie
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Luckily Pale Ales and Feel Good Iced Coffees work for me.
Hang on, wrong topic.
by Wedgie
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Took Dutchy 's advice with the spit and plonked some chorizo on the side to nibble away at while the lamb was spinning. Damn, that mans a genius.

PS - Baa Moo Oink is the best butcher in the west, still.

Should come to the Halfway for Thursday drinks mate. Besides $7 Imperial Pints of Pale we're giving away 5 X $20 vouchers for Bar Moo Oink.
by Wedgie
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - COVID is back

Definately nothing like Dangers. If anything Fyfe ran into him but the GWS player was more aware of what was happening around him. I'd throw it out too.
by Wedgie
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Yorkshire is set to lose upwards of £3.67 a day until the carnage is cleared, :lol:

FB_IMG_1617165264652.jpg
by Wedgie
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1

Excuse my ignorance, why are we playing 4 games on Good Friday & none on Easter Saturday, Sunday or Monday?

I would say the players would be very keen on it so they can still enjoy 3 days off over the weekend.
Anything that doesnt discourage players from having a crack at SANFL is fine by me. Bugger the supporters
Best day for the supporters too so win/win!
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R1 Centrals v North Friday 2.10 PM

Full marks to both sides so far, bloody entertaining game. Heaps of end to end stuff, bugerall congestion.
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R1 WWT v Sturt 2.35 PM

Menzel boys the difference, 7 goals to them today.

Eagles win by 46pts.
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Digital Pass

I like the live pass and it much better than what the AFL have put in place for the NAB league.
I believe clubs keep the payments for live pass so anyone know how much it costs the SANFL to put this on each season.
Well done SANFL though

Yep, despite our gripes the comp is definately a lot better for the digital pass, now an invaluable part of our comp.
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - COVID is back

Gutsy effort against Razer, proud of the lads. 8)
by Wedgie
Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Bloke walks into the front bar, goes to put a bet on the TAB.
Me "Hi mate, how are you today? Have you used the Covid app or signed our register?"
Him as he puts his bet through: "No , I'll be gone soon"
Me "I'm sorry sir, it doesn't matter how brief your visit is if you don't sign in I have to refuse service to you"
Him "Expletive expletive expletive, I don't have to do it anywhere else"
Me " I'm sorry sir, it's the rules we have to abide by and the fact that other may not be doing the right thing doesn't mean I'm going to do the wrong thing too, we face a substantial fine if we get caught doing the wrong thing, shall I cancel your bet?"
Him" Expletive expletive expletive"
I cancel the bet.

I don't understand what drives people to behave like this.
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

Good luck to Lachie Jones tonight, loved watching him play for the Eagles and hope he does well.
I've picked the Power but who knows what's going to happen!
Should be a cracker.

Can’t wait for tonight’s game, few cans, study tomorrow’s form during the breaks, finish up with a Jamo’s or two. Love a good matchup for FNF
I'm working but I enjoying working when there's decent footy and/or races on, makes my day/night go so quick.
Might get a few complaints as I'll have the Penrith v Canberra game on one of the TVs too. :D
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 Port v Centrals Saturday 1410

You're your own worst enemy with posts like that mate. You don't want/like attention yet draw it to yourself with posts like that.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GWS get better support in Canberra than they do in GWS.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm asking a question and stating a fact. How is that wrong?
Never said it was wrong but you complain about attention while seeking it at the same time.
I felt a bit of sympathy for your plight beforehand but not anymore.
A bit of advice, perhaps leave match day threads for discussion on the game instead if turning it into another oh whoe is me discussion drawing more atention to yourself.
Use the foe facility on this forum if you don"t like what some people post and move on.
by Wedgie
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

COVID MANAGEMENT PLAN
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Deactivated your account, email us if you want to reactivate it down the track
by Wedgie
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL 20/21

Just read it was because he wouldn't take the players onto the training ground this morning as a protest at the club joining the Super League. :shock:

Wondered if it had something to do with that. Apparently none of the players or managers were informed about this super league stuff. Reckon there’s a good chance it could screw Klopp’s relationship with the LFC owners too, he doesn’t seem the type to be happy about this.
Looks like Klopp is a bit of a Kopp out.
Said the owners are great guys and will continue to be great guys even if they can't explain the decision to him in a way he understands. :?
At least Mourinho has some balls.

Well done to Leeds wearing Tshirts saying Football is for the fans and also giving them to Liverpool too who refused to wear them, its a pity they only drew and didnt get the W. Also god to see Liverpol fans protesting outside the ground with a RIP Liverpool banner.
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: European Super League

Well that lasted almost half a week!
I'd like to see all clubs involved still punished in some way on top of the irreparable damage they've already done with their fans.
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL ROUND 6 Deliberation

Carrying on from Booney last week

GWS v Bulldogs - Ryan Griffen cup
Goldcoast v Sydney - Nick Malceski cup
Geelong v West Coast - Tim Kelly cup
Carlton v Brisbane - Brendan Fevola cup
Melbourne v Richmond - ? help
Fremantle v North - Peter Bell cup
Hawthorn v Adelaide - Darren Jarman cup
Collingwood v Essendon -- Help?
Port v St Kilda - Paddy Ryder cup

I'm a bit older;

Geelong v West Coast - Mitchell White
I'm older again and will raise your Mitchell White with a Geoff Miles or Darren Bartsch.

Geez, only just!
A lot of wisdom is gained in 7 days, respect your elders! ;)
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Cats looking the best they have all year

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Not including Bloody Blitz!
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many games for Lachie for touching the umpire?

images (5).jpeg
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graham Campbell's 2021 Punting Forum

Buy a potato with your winnings JK, it will take better screenshots! ;)
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:
locky801 wrote:Anyone seen Wedgie :shock:

I've always said no Cameron no Geelong. ;)

Told ya in Round 1 Locky, look at the difference today. ;)
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Eagles v North Sunday 2.10PM

Eagles up by 4 points at 3/4 time.
North coming home to the Hanson Rd end.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 North v Glenelg Saturday 2.10PM

No probs, we'll give you a wave in the 2nd half from the glass Taj then. ;)
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Go on then champ, test me out.
Come to my pub, refuse to sign in and then sue me, lets see how you go.

If you don't then you're obviously just talking waffle from behind your computer screen.

Come on mate, I've got the balls to test the legislation out, have you?

And LOL that I'm on a power trip because I'm enacting the law and avoiding my employer, myself and my customers being fined.
Someone's on a trip and it ain't me.
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the end of the day as long as decent prior notification is given any club should be able to wear any coloured guernsey they want at home games.
Is the AFL the only competition in the world with such an archaic system?
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not comparing apples for apples with the EPL and the AFL.
Totally different cultures.
You can trot that dribble out all day long.

Let's say a totally new club gets formed in england and they want to wear Newcastle's black and white stripped strip.
Do you think Newcastle's fans and management would be happy about it?
They wouldn't give a rats, its been happening for 150 years!
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vintage Era : Anderson Cup

What about the Adrian Rebbeck Cup mal ?

I’m expecting another close match against North, I would imagine we’ll go in unchanged again.
Looking forward to the annual RSL visit too. Will have one for you Magellan .
Me and the missus always go into the RSL prior and after a game, will be missing prior drinks this week as going to the VP Lunch but will definately be there after the game if you want to share a beer.
Shannon or Shane behind the bar will point me out.
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe daisy can take it to court after he takes me to court.
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Thanks for the info mate.
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

am Bays wrote:Are North just taking the p!as with their half time song list from 1987???

I'm on the drug that killed River Phoenix just came on, wtf! 8)
by Wedgie
Sat May 01, 2021 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |