Search found more than 2493 matches

Return

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Booney wrote:Carl Weathers, aka Apollo Creed, aka Chubbs "Just tap it in". Aged 76.

FB_IMG_1706927736734.jpg
by Wedgie
Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL 2023-24

Geezus, worst half time show ever?
by Wedgie
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL 2023-24

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:My girls are 13 and they think Taylor Swift is garbage and can't stand her.

Should have been a traditional Las Vegas show. Bring back Elvis!!!!!!

Should have got her down from the stands at half time, would have been better than that crap.
by Wedgie
Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

There's a few issues here.
If you say all craft beer is shit, it would be like having a bad experience at an Indian Restaurant at Munno Parra and claming all restaurant food is shit while you're quite happy to go up the road to McDonalds as you're used to the taste of it and its cheap.

Costs of ingredients have gone up by more than a third in recent times, throw in the increase in taxes and its hard to pass that onto the consumer especially when the Japanese owned beers have crazy good profit margins because of the way they mass produce.
The Japanese owned beers are very crafty (pardon the pun) about locking smaller breweries out of pubs, they've already been taken to the ACCC about this.
Also companies like Pirate Life and Little Creatures hardly fit into the craft beer category anymore and are owned by the Japanese too so are now getting exclusivity into pubs like their other brands.

Personally I like trying an array of craft beers and as an example I love spending days up at the Woolshed past Renmark watching the river go by trying some nice beers BUT I have been to the Big Shed twice and its hardly appealing and a lot of other craft beer makers are similar such as Shapeshifter. Sitting in a big tin shed with a cement floor on metal stools with my knees up around my ears doesn't really appeal to me and some of the food trucks or food supplied can be pretty damn ordinary. There's no TAB, no Foxtel, no Keno, no pokies, no carpet, no comfortable stools or chairs too. The Big Shed on Old Port Rd is hardly going to get much walk up traffic, not really an appealing spot. Shapeshifter when I went there only had parking for 8 cars and the nearest spots were a fair way away being on a busy road.
Having said that I have no idea of the profit margins from selling the beer on the market as opposed to having people come walk in the door.

Usually I drink Pirate Life South Coast Pale as I love the taste of it, I don't buy beer because its cheap, I buy beer because I enjoy it.
As I usually go out most weekends a box of 16 will do me for most weekends, usually costs me $40-50 (delivered).
It was an eye opener working at a pub the amount of people that would come in and ask for the cheapest beer, proclaim it tasted like piss and then proceed to buy another 10 of them. Save themselves $5 in an afternoon while they punt away $200 on the TAB or poker machines.

Talking about the Fruchoc Stout, the weirdest one I had was at the Woolshed, a Villis Meat Pie Stout. Could handle 1 but that was about my limit.
by Wedgie
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Sport right now on TV

Bathurst
Pre Season Footy games (basically been on all day today)
Aust Vs NZ T 20 cricket
India Vs Eng Test cricket

And im sure i probably missed something
There was Hull KR v Leeds in the English Rugby League on this morning live, I loved that but not the result!
Good way to wake up while working from home.
by Wedgie
Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Israel/Hamas Conflict

Hard to see any possible resolution, the stuff up was made at the end of WW2 and will never be fixed.
Should never have given a religion their own state especially in the middle east and on other peoples land.
At least the catholic state is in a fairly friendly area and doesn't take up much room.
by Wedgie
Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Israel/Hamas Conflict

Doesn't help when the bloody Yanks veto a UN motion for a ceasefire the 3rd time. :evil:
by Wedgie
Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

amber_fluid wrote:‘Working from home’ when the crickets on

FB_IMG_1709175544698.jpg
by Wedgie
Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2024 Trial Games

Thought it would be easier to find in ints own topic.

2024 Hostplus SANFL League Trial Match Series

WEEK 1
Saturday March 2
Adelaide 13.14 92 D West Adelaide 8.9 57 at Football Park from 10am
Eagles 14.10 94 D South Adelaide 9.4 58 at Flinders University Stadium from 12.20pm

WEEK 2
Friday March 8
Sturt 11.10 76 D Glenelg 7.9 51 at Thebarton Oval from 7.30pm
Central District 51 D West 46 at Hisense Stadium from 7.15pm
Saturday March 9
Norwood 8.9 57 D North Adelaide 7.9 51 at The Parade from 9am

WEEK 3
Saturday March 16
Sturt 13.7 85 D Adelaide 10.10 70 at Thebarton Oval from 10am
West 10.10 70 D Glenelg 10.6 66 at Hisense Stadium from 1.10pm
Norwood 16.10 106 D South 8.5 53 at Flinders University Stadium from 1.10pm
Central District 9.11 65 D Eagles 9.8 62 at X Convenience Oval from 2pm
North Adelaide 13.9 87 D Port 13.8 86 at Thebarton Oval from 3.20pm

WEEK 4
Friday March 22
Port 13.20 98 D South 7.7 49 at Alberton Oval from 5.45pm
Crows 7.10 52 D Eagles 6.7 43 at Football Park
by Wedgie
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 2024

6000 days since the Power's last Grand Final.
Can't remember what happened though. ;)
by Wedgie
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

Geezus, just saw it, horrific. Made me feel sick.
Yep, 8 weeks at least.
10 times worse (if not more) than SPPs who I didn't think should get anything, should be 40 weeks!
by Wedgie
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

I think its awesome, the Eagles footy club has impressed me so much in the last few years with the way they're run and what they do.
The President is an awesome lady, have so much time for her.
by Wedgie
Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vale David Granger

I'm genuinely saddened to hear that.
He was out there, definitely one of a kind and could be scary but I developed almost a friendship with him over the last 7 or 8 years especially when he'd come into the pub I worked at daily and have a chat. He recognised that we had a shared Aboriginal heritage and always called me bro and we both had a shared dislike of Graham Cornes.
I showed him a bit of kindness which not a lot of people did and he always would come have a chat with the wife and I when he saw us in recent years at pubs, even bought me a beer recently.
Last time I saw him, he gave me some of his artwork and told us he was going into hospital soon to have a lump on the side of his face removed and he 100% believed he was about to die.
RIP Dave, hopefully you don't have to wrestle with any more demons now.

PS Putting aside the thuggery he was a great footballer and success seemed to follow him for a while.
by Wedgie
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Trial Games

Final Score from Norwood Oval:

Norwood 3.2, 6.5, 7.6, 8.9 - 57
North 3.0, 4.2, 6.5, 7.9 - 51
by Wedgie
Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

12 Mighty Orphans, great movie based on a real story.
by Wedgie
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Trial Games

Mostly close games, hopefully that’s the trend for the season
Ours wasn't too close in the 3rd quarter when the Power were 47 points up, maybe they took off some of their pros?
I did hear that Sweet only played the first half as he's an emergency tomorrow.

Mind you I did giggle at this Power supporter's quote:
A team of mostly professional athletes, who’ve spent all summer training in warm conditions, “run out of gas” and get overrun by a bunch of uni students, teachers and tradies who are weekend warriors. Embarrassing.
by Wedgie
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love the green, was disappointed when Freo stopped using it.
Green crowds look fantastic ie Canberra, Ireland, Celtic, Hibs, Notre Dame, Oregon, Boston, Philly.
by Wedgie
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL ROUND 2

18-8 free kicks. It must be nice for the clubs that get home ground advantage.
by Wedgie
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone know of an SANFL tipping comp anywhere?
SEN have a "survivor" style knockout comp for the SANFL this year, just got to pick one winner each week until you're knocked out.
I've had troubles with their log in/registration though and had to join through a new email (wouldn't let me reset password on old one).

sensurvivor.com.au

I was also considering running one in here this year, havne't done it for about 3 years but don't know if the interest is there?
by Wedgie
Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck to Travis Boak in his 350th today.
Bless him, the last player from the 2007 Grand Final to still be going around, great memories.
by Wedgie
Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL ROUND 2

Not that it's going to make a difference but that goal was clearly touched, his ring finger clearly went backwards went contact was made.
Are the people in the video bunker as blind as the goal and boundary umpires? :?
What a schmozzle the AFL is at the moment.
by Wedgie
Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Kilburn - What a shithole

It has improved since the 70's ;)

Before that was known as Chicago or Little Chicago
Changed to Kilburn prob coz of the reputation Chicago was getting in the USA a few decades earlier

Having played football against the Kilburn lads from an early age they used a nickname during games
It sounded like Chickys- was this coz Kilburn was once Chicago ?
Yes, Kilburn FC used to be the Chicago FC and are now the Kilburn Chics.
by Wedgie
Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Australian football champion Sonny Morey has been named the AFL's 2024 Sir Doug Nicholls Round honouree.

The Central District legend will be recognised at this year's AFL Dreamtime clash between Richmond and Essendon on the 25th of May at the MCG.

Morey was born at Yambah Station near Alice Springs and faced plenty of hardship growing up as a member of the Stolen Generations.

He is a revered figure of South Australian football after playing 213 SANFL games for the Bulldogs between 1964 and 1977 and becoming the first player at the club to reach the 200-game milestone.

The Arrernte man represented South Australia on four occasions and also produced tremendous football up in the country.

He man won the Norm Russell Medal as Central's best-and-fairest player in 1970 and was runner-up in the 1972 Magarey Medal.

After retiring from the SANFL, he joined Barossa and Light Football League club Eudunda as captain-coach and led the club to its first premiership in 18 years.

Morey would later play for the Salisbury Football Club in what was then known as the Northern Metropolitan Football League.

He said being the first player to reach 200 games at Central District was an "absolute honour".

"It's a lot different today – you can get 200 games up really quickly," Morey said.

"Not playing in finals, and if you're injured you might play ten out of the 18 games.

"To do it, I was pleased but somebody had to set a benchmark for the footy club."

Last year, he was inducted into the South Australian Football Hall of Fame as part of the 2023 inductees during the Magarey Medal awards night in Adelaide.

The AFL will celebrate and recognise those moments forged by First Nations people throughout Sir Doug Nicholls Round, which will be held over two weeks across Round 10 and 11.
by Wedgie
Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

Didn't mind the first episode of ch9 show with Leigh and Jommy.
Just watching the replay of it on youtube

Agree, was pretty good - smashes Talking Footy!

How long do Ch.7 persist, Selwood is awful and Cotchin speaks ok but they are both so bloody boring to watch :shock:

Thought Kane was good on Sunday, taking the piss out of the Cotchin segment :lol:
That was one of the funniest things I've seen for a while! :lol:
by Wedgie
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

whufc wrote:Bridge struck down in Baltimore. Mass casualties suspected.

Crikey, the pilot of that cargo ship is going to be in a bit of strife! :shock:
by Wedgie
Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Australian football champion Sonny Morey has been named the AFL's 2024 Sir Doug Nicholls Round honouree.

The Central District legend will be recognised at this year's AFL Dreamtime clash between Richmond and Essendon on the 25th of May at the MCG.

Morey was born at Yambah Station near Alice Springs and faced plenty of hardship growing up as a member of the Stolen Generations.

He is a revered figure of South Australian football after playing 213 SANFL games for the Bulldogs between 1964 and 1977 and becoming the first player at the club to reach the 200-game milestone.

The Arrernte man represented South Australia on four occasions and also produced tremendous football up in the country.

He man won the Norm Russell Medal as Central's best-and-fairest player in 1970 and was runner-up in the 1972 Magarey Medal.

After retiring from the SANFL, he joined Barossa and Light Football League club Eudunda as captain-coach and led the club to its first premiership in 18 years.

Morey would later play for the Salisbury Football Club in what was then known as the Northern Metropolitan Football League.

He said being the first player to reach 200 games at Central District was an "absolute honour".

"It's a lot different today – you can get 200 games up really quickly," Morey said.

"Not playing in finals, and if you're injured you might play ten out of the 18 games.

"To do it, I was pleased but somebody had to set a benchmark for the footy club."

Last year, he was inducted into the South Australian Football Hall of Fame as part of the 2023 inductees during the Magarey Medal awards night in Adelaide.

The AFL will celebrate and recognise those moments forged by First Nations people throughout Sir Doug Nicholls Round, which will be held over two weeks across Round 10 and 11.
by Wedgie
Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 1 North v Central @ Prospect Oval Friday 29/3 1.40pm

Great atmosphere here too, only game we might get more is if we have a nice day against Norwood.
Great game to watch and even the umpires are good, their interpretation of holding the ball is so much better than the AFL atm.
Geez Isiah Dudley is exciting for the Dogs, doesn't get much of it but when he does look out!
Central should probably run this out to win by 30 points, distinct advantage to the northern side where they're coming home.
by Wedgie
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great day at the footy, must be getting old when I still enjoy a day at the footy when we lose!
Central's use of the ball was much better than ours, they looked good.
Great crowd, great atmosphere, bloody hot in the sun.
Don't say this too often but the umpiring was sensational after putting up with AFL umpires for a few weeks now, so much better. Decent tackles acutally got rewarded.
Well done Dogs and well deserved!
by Wedgie
Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tell ya what, the women's game that was on in the usual Reserves timeshot was a damn entertaining last half.
North haven't won a game this year and were 19 pts down at half time and then 12 points down at 3/4 time.
North kept coming and hit the front mid quarter only to have the Dogs score the last 2 goals of the game last in the last quarter.
Was some great passages of play.
by Wedgie
Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 things to improve the game:
1) Umpire the holding the ball/incorrect disposal rule properly - if a player takes possession and then doesn't dispose of it with a kick or handball, ping him. I'd rather see more frees than more ball ups.
2) Reduce interchanges
3) Reduce season to 18 games - play each team once + a rivalry
You've just described the SANFL mate.
by Wedgie
Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3

Geezus the commentators sound sad when Geelong get goals.
Luke Hodge the only decent one amongst them ironically.
Please AFL let Fox use their own commentators and not the Channel 7 muppets.
by Wedgie
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gather Round - Round 4 2024

Geelong's Open Training Details:
Date: Friday 5 April
Time: 3.00pm
Entry: Free entry!
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

mal wrote:My anniversary tomorrow 4/4/24
17 years on safooty.com

What's that website like, is it better than safooty.net?
;)
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gather Round - Round 4 2024

Locked the round 3 topic as I have no idea why armchair is posting round 4 discussion in it. :?
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL vs VFL Sat 6th April

Anyone know where to find a list with players numbers?
At the entrance.

It would be nice if there was live stats somewhere online....
The SANFL has been pathetic "marketing" the game. News item 2 days ago. No updates, stats or scores online (that I can see).
Stupid place and time for it , not helped by the fact Channel 7 has it listed as "VFL".
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 games is a joke!
Precedent set with Clarkson who has had anger management form for years.
Then the AFL triple it wtf for Finlayson?
And to be clear it doesn't matter if the alleged victim is gay, you shouldn't be calling people nasty names.
If I was Port I'd be challenging this sentence.
Absolute joke of an organisation!
Clarkson didn't call anyone gay though, there are plenty of straight people in the world who are c*** suckers.
Give it a go myself if I had a rib or two removed. :lol:
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

Good to see the Crows getting an ANZAC commemorative guernsey and its a ripper. Sold out in 1 hour. All proceeds donated to RSL ANZAC appeal.
looks really good

The alternative strips this year for us have been mint.
Why have they been green?
But seriously, yeah they have been sick, dope, lit, slap, gucci, snatched, fire, slay and bangin' this year. ;)
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

Wilt Chamberlain would shame them all.
He'd do alright on the court too.
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

MW wrote:Incredible people would criticise the club for doing this when its raising money for RSL...

In fairness when you compare it to the massive effort by the Cats it is lame. :lol:

Screenshot_20240417-184948.png
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Westies;
Round 1 @ Woodville
Round 2 @ Waikerie
Round 3 @ Pt. Lincoln
That is a shit fixture in anyone’s language.

Meanwhile, the Hybrids get their first 3 games at home.

Might be making up for season 2023 go back see how many games in the first round the eagles played at home
Which was at the Eagles request as they were doing renovations at Woodville Oval.
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6

And to add salt into the wounds Power supporters driving to the game had to drive past this.

FB_IMG_1713583113498.jpg
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6

LOL @ GWS Banner

YOU USED TO BE GOOD
OR SO WE'RE TOLD
WE'RE NOT QUITE SURE
WE'RE ONLY 13 YEARS OLD

:lol:
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North's Anzac guernsey, glad there's no poppies on it and good to see the traditional Anzac Day tribute with sprigs of rosemary.

AnzacGuernsey.jpg
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |