Search found more than 2479 matches

Return

Re: Round 12 - live scores, results & gas bagging.

Bit more karma for the cheats in 95. 12/12 at Etihad against Carlton now.
My cousins son played well for the Blues though, just wish his brother could lend his knees :(
How many other sides will have a 115 point turnaround this round? ;)
by Wedgie
Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Statement - Competitive Balance Policy

Sounds like the AFL is aiming at becoming the WWE!
Communism is alive and well in this country!
by Wedgie
Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 - Eagles v Adelaide - POST MATCH

The Crows are good at Ainger Management. :D
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

I was expecting 50 times as many goals from Wagner. Disappointed so far but still a half to go to rack up the magical 100 and kick clear in the Ken Farmer.
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol @ Power supporters telling Dogs supporters how to follow a club through thick and thin.
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dols wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:Just FYI Jim the Magpies don't exist anymore.
could have fooled me

A fool is easily fooled.
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bays09 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
bays09 wrote:Ty Allen no possessions. What more (less) does he have to do to be dropped. Playing off his resume...and holding up a spot

Bit harsh, in the lads favour they were quality no possessions.

Has not had double figure stats in a long time

He has not had single figure stats for a while too!
by Wedgie
Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn Glenelg get another goal, they pull within 1 goal of Alleway.
by Wedgie
Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 - Port v Central (Alberton) - Sun 8/6

smac wrote:It's far more likely that no one gave a shit about it.

Noone could even be bothered creating a post game thread for this mate so I think you're right!
by Wedgie
Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - live scores, results & general hoo-ha.

Head up GWW, I don't think a fan of a losing side could be more proud than of Port's efforts today.
As stupid as it sounds I think they were the real winners today.
by Wedgie
Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

johntheclaret wrote:Allowing AFL reserves into the SANFL hS not only ****** up the league, it's also ****** up safooty. I've never known it so quiet in here

It'll Rev up again tomorrow when there's some real games mate.
by Wedgie
Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - live scores, results & general hoo-ha.

What a game!
**** the World Cup when I can watch REAL footy like that!
by Wedgie
Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

I tell ya what, despite some good wins in the last couple of years they still hadn't gained my respect but ironically in a loss today they did and did it big time.
I was in awe of their effort today, premiership favs for my mind now and that's no troll.
Respect Port, Respect.
by Wedgie
Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Port v Eagles- Post game

A guy on the fence reminds me if someone in that Armish Mafia show!
by Wedgie
Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port Adelaide Football club unable to play as the Magpies in the AFL, not because they suddenly became a new Football club, but because the competition they were now entering already had an existing team known as the Magpies.

Incorrect mate, I used to think that but had to admit I was wrong when pointed out to the facts and evidence.
Port Adelaide Football Club changed their name to the Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club.
Same club, same entity, same business, new name.
It was the only way the entirely new franchise in the AFL could use the same name.
Hence contracts with players that the Magpies had in 95 were not needed to change for 96, same club.
Players that went from the Magpies to the Power 95 to 96 needed new contracts as they were playing for an entirely new club even though it stole the name of the club that was still in the SANFL.
The Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club which is the original PAFC no longer exists.
Dead buried.
The club now in the AFL with their reserves in the SANFL are the new entity in 96 that took over the name from its previous owner.
FACTS, supported by legal documents.
Club that was around for over 100 years and won 30 something premierships is dead and buried, no longer, kaput.
The club playing AFL and SANFL has been around since 1996. If I name my next son Gary Ablett Jnr it doesn't mean he's a Brownlow medalist.
by Wedgie
Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Online Bullying and Harrassment

Dols wrote:This is hilarious. Someone give fuzzy a wedgie and then flush his head down the toilet......

Or give Wedgie a Fuzzy!
by Wedgie
Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apachebulldog wrote:Please tell me what drugs are you on

Duromine! :lol:
by Wedgie
Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

Former Name(s). PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB (A.F.L) LIMITED

ABN: 49 068 839 547

Registration Date: 29/03/1995

Does it really matter if we changed our business name, not really. Answer this wedgie if Gary Ablett Jnr change his name to David Ablett does that mean he isn't a Brownlow Medalist anymore?
It does mate, just like the PAFC changes their name to the PAMFC and were the same club, they're dead and buried now though, thank you for agreeing with me, it musnt be rocket science after all. Even deluded Port supporters are now working it out.
The only Port club left which runs two teams has won 1 premiership in all time but that was nicely offset with a 119 point drubbing in 2007.

you should really change your name to either apachebulldog or Paul Little, clutching at straws and talking about something you have know idea about.
Interpretation: Whoops, I actually agreed with him making myself and those with similar beliefs look extremely stupid and wrong in the process! :lol: :lol: :lol:
by Wedgie
Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:Getting pissed and abusing the opposition. The only thing North supporters have done for 20 years..... :lol:

not sure how thats different to any other club.....

Its different to his club as his club hasn't been around 20 years.
by Wedgie
Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it really the behaviour you want in front of families though. Oh FFS grow up, it's not netball.
WTF has netball got to do with what I posted. You think that abusing crows players, calling them c**** & f***wits in front of children is OK. No wonder schoolyard behaviour is a disgrace if that's the example they follow.
Eyewitness TeX never said that, he said the worst thing was Crows members throwing Crows memberships at the players!
Wanker club full of wanker players supported by wankers. :D
by Wedgie
Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Which official said they cant stay around for drinks? First I've heard of it.
Tex's biggest issue (even though he wasn't there) was a Crows member throwing his Crows membership at the Crows players.
Perhaps its wanker crows that need to learn how to behave?
Problem would be easily solved by kicking them out of our comp.
For over 20 years Crows wankers have told me to go back to Victoria and not made me felt welcome.
As far as I'm concerned they can **** off of from Prospect and go back to their shed.
No Crows person is welcome at Prospect. Everyone else from every other club in the world is extremely welcome though.
Can dish it out but can't take it. Wankers.
by Wedgie
Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When you all realise the sanfl is a farm system and you'll know there was no real options to choose from. Go ask league coach's what they would prefer? This year or last year. I know they would prefer this years structure. Anyway the magpies loses their zone, under 18's and recruiting rights due to it constricts afl draft rules. It's maybe time that clubs be more professional instead going through the motions eg like North Adelaide.
A South supporter saying North are just going through the motions!!! :lol:
At least North have won a flag or two since man landed on the moon!
What next?
A Collingwood supporter teaching us about dentistry?
by Wedgie
Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours / Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Seems odd that North would not have enough room in the salary cap to fit James Allan in, but then sign Motlop and Kulikowski AFTER the season had begun and they would have already committed their schedule of payments. $400 a game perhaps........
I seriously wonder how some people think.
Yeah, we can't fit a triple magarey medalist into our cap who allegedly rings around our top paid players and demands to be the highest paid player after contracts have been settled but then a few months later after losing our best player of the finals last year which you'd think would free up some space someone think its odd we sign someone who is without a club? Pretty obviously logical I would have thought.
by Wedgie
Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RB wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Have stopped following the SANFL this year because I have lost my magpies but are crowds across the board up or down with the inclusion of the AFL reserve teams?

Can anyone answer this? Am keen to know but too lazy to trawl through the net and work out out! :smile:

Down.
by Wedgie
Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - LIVE SCORES

Scores went backwards in time on?
by Wedgie
Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Might have been worth a read if Brian Taylor had done an article about it.
by Wedgie
Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Its not a race. No different to saying I'm racist for having a go at Crows wankers.
Its a belief in fairy tales.
The Nazis believed the Jews were a race though, so if you agree with the Nazis fair enough.
by Wedgie
Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2014

2nd.
Just another rebuilding year, we'll be back on the improve soon enough.
by Wedgie
Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-07-17/port-adelaide-to-wear-heritage-guernsey

Port Adelaide commemorating their 1914 Premiership & Champions of Australia team by having their Reserves wear a replica guernsey for this game.
Nice of them commemorating the history of a now defunct club. Their small way of saying sorry?
by Wedgie
Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

I actually know of people who refused to watch the games while they were on the ABC because they believed the coverage was poor. I didn't feel it was that bad, but that is feedback I have had.

I think the point isn't so much people having the ability to find the ABC, more that Seven has the ability to promote their coverage to a wider audience across the week simply by having more viewers than the ABC has.

I agree with those people, the coverage was getting worse and worse by the ABC, the last games I turned into they were discussing the weather on the moon and the various aspects of colourful ties which was the last straw for me, some commentators thought we were watching to hear their boring crap about various aspects of life and not the footy. C7s coverage is a breath of fresh air that was well and truly needed.
by Wedgie
Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Malaysian Airlines tragedy over Ukraine!!!

Id still fly Malaysian instead of Qantas any day.
by Wedgie
Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North's record at Alberton

RB wrote:I think the modern Eagles have won at Alberton more times than Torrens and Woodville did combined.

Thats like bragging I've been in bed with more women than Ian Thorpe.
by Wedgie
Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chris Davies departure

It would be a prick of a job, I couldn't imagine dealing with some of the people in various lead roles in clubs without losing the plot.
by Wedgie
Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

The issue is a player struck a spectator . I was threatened by a customer once , if I struck him or even attempted to I would have lost my job. It won't be the last time a player gets abused ...............

Spot on. Thank God the supporter (despite probably asking for it anywhere else in society) didn't fall back and do a Hookesey.

Exactly what I was thinking, if he stumbled back on the cement terracing.

As the victim of a player hearing something different to what I said I'll take his word for it, even if he did Hartlett has to realise he might not have said what he thought he heard. No place for that in the game.

Also noticable that noone in the media picked up he was a Crows supporter too. That's Crows supporters who have thrown members tickets at players this year, have elbowed an elderly spectator in the head and now taunted a player into getting struck. One common denominator on incidents this year.
by Wedgie
Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval (Sat 26/7)

vics01 wrote:I cannot believe how selfish Scared Heart College is.... Gregson is an out for Glenelg to play school football.. What benefit is this to either Gregson or Glenelg.. About time the SANFL stood up to the Colleges.

Sacred Heart probably have a better team.
by Wedgie
Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval (Sat 26/7)

Not sure what was worse today, Glenelg's first quarter, North's next two quarters or the umpiring.
Luckily you only need 1 quarter to beat the Bays, can't afford to do that against 7 other sides in the comp.
by Wedgie
Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its no different to religion, if people want to believe in fairy stories they're allowed too.
Theyre still ignorant fools and wrong but that's their right.
by Wedgie
Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crows can have a reserves team, but no league team. Easy, problem solved.
by Wedgie
Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Take safooty.net on your mobile device

Tapatalks a heap of sh!t IMHO but I know a few people including Diss are fans of it.
Give me a decent web browser any day.
by Wedgie
Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

It would be the worst ever year for amount of paid customers through the gate comfortably. Throw in smaller numbers of members, a bigger bill for TV and less publicity especially in finals time and things aren't looking great. The reserves sides have definitely been a big step backwards and could potentially get worse as the novelty wears off. The only positives are no byes and the Crows having one less excuse for being sh!t.
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

Any chance of a summary with links Big Phil? Just wasted 15 seconds of my life.
No, not that hard to get an understanding that it is about the Glenelg Senior Coach, isn't it?
Well stupid me thought it might have something to do with football being on a football board.
Great, big Phil's telling me how the site runs now.
Please put summaries of the links or don't bother.
by Wedgie
Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Rezoning

gawler is surely no longer considered a country town. its a suburb, no matter what people living in gawler will tell you. it is considered "metro" by the government at least :)

however i really dont care what it is considered as for the purposes of sanfl boundaries, i just find it funny when people try to claim it as "country"
I don't consider anything north of grand junction rd metropolitan!
by Wedgie
Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17- West v South

Yeah. I got the email with a free ticket and it can be printed as many times as you want so I found anyone will be Patong, might as well as open the gates and save money on staff!
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KTs just aiming at the lowest common denominator, he's selling to the morons who still think the Power have some sort of connection to the successful previous PAFC. Like shooting fish in a barrell but good on him as he gets paid for it, easy money.
by Wedgie
Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Normally when the bottom team beats the top team in the last minor round we'd be discussing it at length. Considering it was a mickey mouse game when even the Power Reserves coach comes out and says results dont matter noone really battered an eyelid.
by Wedgie
Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

Personally my passion for the game is still as high as it has ever been and I know my fellow Norwood supporters are the same.
I have been delighted to see our young players continue to improve after losing 12 players from last year's premiership side.
You can be sure the South and Sturt supporters would be just as passionate as well this year.
Can certainly understand West, Centrals and North people being disappointed at missing the finals this year and the Eagles have had a strange year.
A Port Power friend of mine went to the SANFL game at Alberton last week and said he did not realize the standard was that high and totally enjoyed the game.
Loyal people jumped off before the season even started.
Position on the ladder is irrelevent. I didn't miss a loss in 2003 when we came bottom winning only 1 game.
The invasion, compromise and integrity is what's relevent here.
by Wedgie
Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live EPL Scores 2014/15

Spurs are top, stop the season now!
by Wedgie
Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

kickinit wrote:
Sorry Dude wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Did VB tear an Achilles? Wouldn't expect him back anytime soon if he did.

Yeah he did. I don't think we will see him back before round 12.

i'd be very surprised if you see him at all this year.

We're wise men. ;)
by Wedgie
Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elimination Final - South v Eagles @ AO (Sat N 30/8)

Not going but as a South member I'll probably sneak a glance on TV and hope they get up. Go the 'Thers!
The only team true South Aussies can follow in the SANFL finals! :D
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Week 1 2014 Finals

Hill empty. Was chockas on Anzac Day. Time to butcher the crowd numbers again....
by Wedgie
Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |