Search found more than 2493 matches

Return

Re: 2020 Player movement

pompy wrote:
DOC wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Billy Stretch?

Think he’s referring to Harrison wigg, back to nafc.

Yep, it's official.

Crikey, North and South have been busy!
by Wedgie
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

My daughter's first effort in indigenous artwork, so proud:

received_522927851630504.jpeg
by Wedgie
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

mal wrote:8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown
A quiz show with a difference !
I enjoy the comedy part of the show

I enjoy the Rachel Riley part of the show! :shock: :heart:
by Wedgie
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

You need better neighbors

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
It's weird and hence why I posted in this thread as a couple of months ago the guy asked me if he could mow my front yard while he had his mower out.
I said sure, if you want to but I was happy to do it on my normal schedule.

I'll confront him and ask him why, people are weird.
We're normally perfect neighbours, no noise, beautifully upkept house, etc but I'm tempted to get my top of the range portable speaker out in the backyard this weekend, possibly just after their screaming baby goes to sleep. ;)
by Wedgie
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Wedgies ads. Highly invasive. ******* shithouse.

regards,

REB
I hve no idea what you're talking about?
If you're referring to ads on this site they're Diss's ads. I dont see any though.

My sites were ad free when I ran them, I hate ads. Easy to get rid of though and if they help Diss pay for the webspace the site is runon then so be it.
by Wedgie
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fundraiser for Lightning McQueen

As most of us would be aware from the "Things that make you sad" thread Lightning McQueen has had a shocking run of luck with his son getting meningitis whilst on the Gold Coast requiring surgery and LM having to fly up there to be with his son over Xmas.
There's been some good news finally in that a transfer to the WCH from Queensland has been organised but as most of us would well be aware the last few weeks would have taken a shocking toll on both LM's wallet and emotions.
LM is always there for other posters when they're down on their luck and I think the very least we could do is raise some funds for LM to help out a bit to help out a little with the huge hit he would have taken financially recently or even just some pocket money to allow him to let his hair down and start to feel like a normal person again after the horrendous ordeal he's been through.

I considered a gofundme page but Booney pointed out to me they take 15% so its best just to organise ourselves. What I propose is people PM me and I'll give them my bank details where I will collect the funds and eventually transfer them across to LM when we have a final amount.
When people send me money I'll update this post with the amounts and total so everyone can see everything is above board.
I'll just list the amounts and dates received as we don't want this becoming a chest beating exercise (as also pointed out by Booney, he's full of good ideas!).

Please give generously to help out a brother and PM me to get the process started. Every little or large amount will help, they all add up!

Cheers.

Amounts received (updated 9am 8/1/20):

$20 31/12/19
$100 31/12/19
$50 31/12/19
$55 1/1/20
$50 1/1/20
$50 1/1/20
$50 1/1/20
$20 2/1/20
$20 2/1/20
$20 2/1/20
$50 3/1/20
$20 3/1/20
$30 3/1/20

Total: $535

Sent $535 to LM 6/1/20

$50 6/1/20

Sent $50 to LM 6/1/20

$50 8/1/20

Sent $50 to LM 8/1/20

Total sent $635
by Wedgie
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Australia became a country on this day 119 years ago!
There's that number again! :D

Happy Australua Day all! :D
by Wedgie
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fundraiser for Lightning McQueen

Great to see we've got past the $400 barrier today, only the 3rd day!
A great reaponse so far from the SAFooty community, it would be nice to get over $500 though so keep the PMs/transfers coming through, it all adds up! :)
by Wedgie
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fundraiser for Lightning McQueen

Thanks to some late contributions we have now smashed the $600 barrier, well done all and thank you!
What a great community we have here,
by Wedgie
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

Would prefer it as Vic v WA.
SA's side looks quite embarrassing.
All stars v Vic next best thing but not ideal.
Great cause though, so hopefully a good crowd.
by Wedgie
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League 2019-20

Wowwee!

Haven't beaten the Victory in 7 years, 2-1 down 93 mins in and score penalties in the 94th and 100th minute to win!
Victory coach got sent off, fights were hapoening, never seen anything like that last ten minutes in my life!

Great stuff Mariners!
by Wedgie
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wigan announcing their "Pride" game will be against Israel Folau's Catalan Dragons.
Well played Warriors! :D
by Wedgie
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Financial Results

Deceptive as North got rid of another 120k debt.
Profit and loss statements mean stuff all these days unless you look a bit deeper.
by Wedgie
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

FB_IMG_1583290463897.jpg
by Wedgie
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2020 SA Footy SANFL Tipping Comp?

Anyone keen to help revive an SANFL tipoing comp this year?
I'd be willing to chuck in a carton or two as prizes if the numbers warranted it.
Let me know your interest.
Cheers!

It might be cool if we could revive other comps like the Buns for Crowd, etc too.
by Wedgie
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA FOOTY 2020 AFL TIPPING COMP

Sorry guys, I though a shadow in the AFL forum whilst the thread was here would be the best of both worlds.
No offense meant. I really didn't think its was an issue.
I'm not really fussed where it is and am happy to move it if back if its somehow upset people.

Count me in too, PM sent.

Hmmmm, now I've got to try and remember how to send a topic back to a thread it already has a shadow in, I hope this doesn't get ugly, lol.

Edit: Did it, woohoo! :D
by Wedgie
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Whilst I'm normally anti conspiracy theories I mentioned a product within earshot of my phone the other day and not long later an ad for it appeared on facebook for the first time ever, take into account my phone, the Google pixel 3XL, is always "listening" as it displays the name and artist of songs playing in the background on its lock screen. :?
by Wedgie
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 SA Footy SANFL Tipping Comp?

Cool, I'll definately run one. At this stage there will be a thread for each round and people can put their tips in there.
by Wedgie
Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:What is the fascination with fish taco's? Has anyone on here tried them?

Agreed dont get it. Why would you mess with beefo or chicken?
I love fish and I love tacos but don't get the combination.
Might give them a try at the Royal where they have a pretty good mexican menu and will report back.
by Wedgie
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

whufc wrote:We may have to consider spending that bit more and think about Norway, Denmark, Sweden which without doing my research seem to be less affected.

Do that! You could scout half my 2021 trip for me! 8)
by Wedgie
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Glad I shop Mon to Friday 9-5.
Always straight in and straight out.

Hard to imagine how we as a society survived when shops were only open 9-5 Mon to Fri and closed at noon on Saturdays! :shock:
by Wedgie
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My next question is, is anybody here stockpiling goods??

Or are we all sensible?
We always have at least 50 cartons of wine in the garage that cost us nothing as my missus works for a wine company.
Whilst I don't normally drink wine I'm willing to compromise in the case of an emergency.

Our only other concern is dog food.
by Wedgie
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My next question is, is anybody here stockpiling goods??

Or are we all sensible?
We always have at least 50 cartons of wine in the garage that cost us nothing as my missus works for a wine company.
Whilst I don't normally drink wine I'm willing to compromise in the case of an emergency.

Our only other concern is dog food. I know where im bunkering down....

Between ths missus working for a wine company and me working for a pub we have the staples covered.
SAFooty Party at our place 2 weeks into a lockdown!
by Wedgie
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Yep, the Mrs florist business looks goneski.

Does she take online orders and how far does she have delivery?
Just last Thursday I got some flowers sent to my mum.

Perhaps SAFooty members could help out with flowers for their missus.
I'd buy a bunch to help out.
by Wedgie
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not too fussed despite being a casual but worry for my co workers.
The way I look at it with the missus being a full time worker who can work from home, the fact I get a superannuation pension every fortnight and I wont be able to spend my disposable income at pubs Ill be fine.
Might be tempted to pick up some work at a BWS, Dan Murphys or Woolies to kill some time and save some $.
by Wedgie
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY all people entering South Australia must isolate for 14-days from their arrival.

This applies to South Australians, other Australians and other travellers, and will be supported by border control from Tuesday 24 March at 4pm.

Exemptions will apply for essential transport including health and medical supplies, health personnel and patients, food and commercial supply chains (i.e. the carrying of goods), healthcare workers, near border interactions, travel of a relative/carer of a dependant individual, and for emergency services.

Other travellers (for example fly-in-fly-out workers in the mining industry or national level sporting teams) could be exempt from this provision provided they had approved disease control mechanisms in place.

The criteria for testing for COVID-19 has been expanded in South Australia from today to include anyone who has travelled from interstate in the last seven days and have new respiratory symptoms.

Please only present for testing if you fulfill the criteria:
▪ You have travelled overseas in the past 14 days AND have symptoms.
▪ You have travelled interstate in the past 7 days AND have new respiratory symptoms.
▪ You have been in contact with a confirmed case AND have symptoms.
▪ You are a healthcare worker with direct patient contact AND have a fever (≥37.5) AND an acute respiratory infection (e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat).

South Australia Police will continue to conduct random checks to ensure those required to self-isolate are doing so.

ℹ More information: https://bit.ly/2vESNiK
ℹ Self-isolation and quarantine: https://bit.ly/2xWFVoV
by Wedgie
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got offered a role working at the BWS at Arndale.
Thinking I'll turn it down as
a) other casuals in my line of work would need it a lot more than me
b) I would rather continue to self isolate as my missus and daughter both suffer from immune deficiencies and the chance of picking up the disease in a place like Arndale would be pretty high

It was good that Woolies are looking after their staff like this and I feel like a bit of a prick for turning it down but I think its the right decision.
by Wedgie
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LMA wrote:
Corona Man wrote:This things been around for a while then, originally it was known as Cats-by119.

Mate that's Wedgie level bad :)

Nah, I would have gone with NAFC-19 ;)
by Wedgie
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some things should never be joked about.
Kids, family, religion, politics, race, sex, etc I can handle but but bottle shops is simply crossing fhe line.
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Thanks for the Hard Lemonade LM, between 2 to 3 cartons of beer, a carton of Hard Lemonade and a garage fulll of wine I might just be able to see out Good Friday!

PS What are the odds when I go for a drive out north the freaking connector between Regency Rd and Grand Junction Rd is closed! New road out north was a delight once I got there though!
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No. Most people on JobKeepers won't be working at all. Some will.
Any pub workers (that work for anyone except for ALH!) are entitled to the full $1500pf for doing nothing.
I just rang her instead and she was about to get in her car to go to work to fill out the necessary paperwork for JobKeeper as her workplace have been approved for it.

A far cry from what she was earning but it's pleasing to see my little girl's spirits lifted again.

Ever since her split up her loves are her work and going to the gym, now she can't do either and is living like a hermit.
That's good news! :D
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Today was meant to be our final day in the country before a 6 week holiday of a lifetime.

Has been so tough watching the daughters so disappointed, heart absolutely breaks for them.

Have tried to make the best of the situation by putting even more value on family time (in saying that we use our time pretty well to be honest)

Who knows what the future now holds, I’m a big believer in things happen for a reason and the sliding doors theory of one bloke eats a bat my world changes. Don’t know what the plan is from here but we are all determined that our life is only improved because of this.
Yeah missus was due back from OS in 2 days time. Feel more for her brother who had to put his wedding off.
Good news is we already have enough money saved for a much bigger trip next year, might even make a side trip to the UK on top of Austria/Germany/Scandanavia to catch up with the missus rellies she missed out on seeing.
Bad news is I'll probalby go to the UK where I never really wanted to go. :?
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Cousins

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Doesn't look particularly good for C7, giving a known addict money to talk about taking drugs.

At least it sounds like he brought a car with it.

And a couple of KG’s of drugs to go with it.

Strike me pink!
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

The VFL 2020 season has been cancelled with all 18 AFL clubs agreeing on cost cutting so there's no way the Crows or Power would participate in a SANFL this year.
Sets up perfectly for a 14 round minor round this year with 21 next year onwards preferably.
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1982 preliminary final

I'd like to ad to that RIG, love your posts, they're a must read and I'm amazed at how good your memory is.
The insight you bring that most historical writings don't is invaluable.
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CoVid App?

Downloaded it straight away ,my only concern is it wants to use bluetooth which I always have turned off (unless using headphones) because of battery issues.
by Wedgie
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone here have any recommendations for a glazier in the southern suburbs?

Cheers

I used http://www.glenelg-glass.com.au/ once and they were top notch, great price and service and just a decent torp from Glenelg Oval.

I found nothing better around the southern suburbs at the time.
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

I'm thinking the death penalty might be a bit light here.
by Wedgie
Thu May 07, 2020 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

My post about spouse’s income was about job seeker not job keeper.
Job seeker payment is still reliant on spouses income isn’t it?
Yes, I explained that.

Edit: Apologies amber and Jim, too many Friday beers and confusion between Job Keepers and Job Seekers!
Amber's right, unlike Job Keepers the Job Seekers has a lot of other things dependent on it like asset and income tests (its basically the old Newstart Allowance aka Unemployment Benefit). And no, most of the 2 million aren't eligible for it or anything else due to various reasons.
by Wedgie
Fri May 08, 2020 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

smac wrote:AFL have announced no AFL listed player will play State League footy this year so that would officially end any thoughts of Crows/Port in SANFL.

Heartbreaking.

At least one piece of great news has come out of this mess.
by Wedgie
Tue May 12, 2020 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They're eligible, you just have to be employed/paid by someone any amount and to have been on the books for the last 12 months. Noone's pulling a shonky.
For eg my son has a full time casual job at SAJC but didn't get anything from them but gets $1500pf gross from Adeladie Oval despite not having done a days work there in 4 months because he's been employed there casually more than 12 months occasionally doing 3-5 hours a week.
I get nothing despite being employed almost full time casual for the last 2.5 years but if I'd kept my job at Adelaide Oval working once every 6 months I would have got the full $1500pf.
Its ridiculous.
Add to that if I'd stayed with the Entertainment Centre I wouldn't have got a cent either (government owned).

Don't blame the people that get it or the businesses using it, blame the ridiculous implemenation of it by an incompetent government. A great idea but an absolute dog's breakfast as far as eligibility goes.
by Wedgie
Wed May 13, 2020 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And from Friday June 5, all pubs across the state will be permitted to open.
https://media.giphy.com/media/dX3dMAyBWYyAV4zhOm/giphy.gif

Hope my boss doesn't get annoyed if I ask for the 5th and 6th off so I can go and frequent pubs myself! :lol:

and then turn up to do your drinking at your work anyway :lol:

Not allowed, I wouldn't have a job to go back to if I did that!
by Wedgie
Wed May 20, 2020 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The gyms closed?
by Wedgie
Wed May 20, 2020 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PHONE EXPERTS

Are Oppo RenoZ phones any good? Still haven't changed my phone over. $15 a month with Optus seems too cheap to be real.
It's not their flagship phone, its their budget version so you'll be getting a downgraded camera/processor/etc. No 5G connectivity too.
I had an Oppo a couple of phones ago and it was one of the best phones I've had (but I had the flagship model).
by Wedgie
Thu May 14, 2020 2:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I find it baffling that some ignorants in the media are discussing the credibility of this year's flag.
No matches relying on how many injuries an AFL club has.
It will be the most credible flag since 1990!!
by Wedgie
Sun May 24, 2020 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bum Crack wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Pubs open from Monday and you don't have to have a meal. Woohoo.
I'm probably still 3 weeks away from working at least so I'm going to have a pissy couple of weeks!

How many allowed in pubs? Based on the area or a set amount of people only?

80 in total
20 per room
by Wedgie
Mon May 25, 2020 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

The Bedge wrote:Let's be serious, aside from one of the big 4 clubs winning the flag, the AFL would be absolutely creaming at the possibility of Gold Coast, Brisbane, GSW all featuring in finals.

They want the Golden State Warriors in the finals? :o
by Wedgie
Mon May 25, 2020 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whoever decided this woman could come back from Victoria after only 7 days in quarantine needs to get the sack at least.
What a ******* disgraceful decision by some dickhead.
by Wedgie
Tue May 26, 2020 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm shattered 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown is one of my missus' favourite shows.
I sit through them reluctantly. ;)
by Wedgie
Wed May 27, 2020 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |