Search found more than 2490 matches

Return

Re: AFL Finals - week #1

Isn't silver one of the Powers colours they sing about in their song?
Just wear this for every game, no clash, its one of their colours. Problem solved!

silver.JPG
by Wedgie
Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We Need You South

heater31 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Might even go next week, have to dig my Panthers hat and stubby holder out of my draws.

Go the 'Thers!

Hearing the Panthers have ordered an extra trailer for the bandwagon so get on board now folks.... ;)

Bloody bandwagonners, unlike me who has been a member all year! :)
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We Need You South

Booney wrote:Sure can, Norwood ripped North a new one in the GF. Was good to watch.

If 40 points is getting a new one ripped I'd be interested in your assessment/description of a 119 point win?
by Wedgie
Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 2.

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Gotta love the cheap elbow from #11

And ******* McAveney carries on about Hawkins getting him off of him!
Dipshit.

Cats are gawn.
by Wedgie
Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geezus, there's 7 commentators, can't McAveney shut up for 1 minute?
by Wedgie
Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:
David Brent wrote:Thoughts on the Harvey bump?? Jumped into make head contact is the only worry plus his record.

Great player but hell he does some silly things

Would love to see him get a week

I wish MacAveney could get 2 weeks. Preferably life.
by Wedgie
Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

So after the finals are finished now it was:
South 2 wins 0 losses
Norwood 1 win 0 losses
Eagles 0 wins 1 loss
Sturt 0 wins 2 losses

Well done Panthers!

They should bring back the old Challenge Final format so the two undefeated sides can duke it out.
by Wedgie
Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Looking forward to going to the GF with a couple of shoe friends. Will be father v son as my son will be there barracking for the Wines. The lad asked who Is go for and said "Mate, if you were playing I'd go for the Winies but as you're not I'm a Shoe boy at heart, go Shoes!"
by Wedgie
Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

footywise wrote:Just seems to contradict what the constitution says but I hope you are right. Impey doesn't do much but I think they would miss Young.

Its the constitution, its Mabo, its justice, its law, its the vibe, and, uh... No that's it. Its the vibe!
by Wedgie
Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

Surely they couldn't go for Simon Goodwin, having met the guy over lunch despite being a nice guy he clearly wan't the smartest bloke going around nor did he have much charisma.
Maybe Sanderson has overachieved with the Crows?
Best win rate of all Crows coaches with some ordinary players and having to put up with the biggest dipshits in the country following his club.
Sando, you're welcome back at the Cats although I think he'll end up a Collingwood.
by Wedgie
Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

If North and Norwood pull in 36k plus at Footy Park then this game (with the averages of crowds at Footy Pk compared to Adelaide Oval in the AFL and the addition of 15000 SACA members getting in for free means it should be 60k plus! Throw in the fact a lot of people didn't go to Footy Pk Grand Finals because they were away for the October long weekend and the facilities/distance of Footy Pk.
Anything short of 40k will be a massive failure.
by Wedgie
Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Recruit

Interesting they he said he always barracked for the Power, does this include when he played in the same league against their reserves dominating the SANFL?

Would that really matter? no days there would be a heap of players playing footy against the side they grew up barracking for - from what I was told Chad Wingard was a Crows supporter but the way he has played against us everytime you would think different!

Well personally if I got a gig playing for South Adelaide and was interviewed after my time there I'd say I was a North Adelaide Supporter for most of my life EXCEPT for when I was playing in the same league against them! ;)
by Wedgie
Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

Please don't post either obscure or obvious reference to illegal activities that are merely heard by rumour.
If its fact and proven in court or reported publicly then go for it.
Cheers.
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Apparantley the last shot was a hard one and the siren went as it was in mid air and it looked like it was going for a point but swung through for a goal.

Any one got video of this??? otherwise by the end of the night it will be torp from outside 80m :shock:

I heard he kicked it from Jimmy Dean's gaming room while putting a dollar through the pokies. ;)
by Wedgie
Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:CH7 cutting to ads during medal presentation...

Nah mate, they just switched to Seven Mate.

Well done Norwood, was a great game and the old heart was racing in time on!
Semi Pros with heart>Pros

What a great 24 hours for employed South Australians! :D
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North still have the best winning games percentage at Adelaide Oval in 2014. ;)
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiers despite not beating every team

None of those premierships should count. ;)
by Wedgie
Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Like a frightened turtle!
by Wedgie
Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

smac wrote:That's why I stopped posting.

Mine's tinier than yours
by Wedgie
Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I know many North and Central fans who didn't renew memberships this year and it was solely because of the reserves issue, most of them made it known to their clubs too hence why the CEOs are well aware.
by Wedgie
Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Media Poll CLOSES 9PM TONIGHT vote safooty.net

A big thank you to everyone that voted for us, safooty won the SANFL Media Poll Fans Favourite News Website award. :)

by Wedgie
Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Stribling tried to get back to North for 2015 but North denied him.
by Wedgie
Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

There will never be a AFL reserves comp in most of our lifetimes at least, not sure why people go on about it.
Logistically and fiscally unviable.
And FFS dont compare it with sports that have half the players/support staff.
by Wedgie
Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Nothing to do with logistics/cost IMHO!!! Purely down to ratings.

If a reserve comp attracted TV ratings and seven wanted it.

Do you think the AFL would say no.

It would make more sense than the Foxtel cup.

lol if you think the AFL paying for 18 X 40 people getting carted around the nation 20 plus times along with the fact they don't want games on their grounds beforehand doesn't have anything to do with I've given you too much credit in the past!
So much cheaper/easier keeping state leagues happy and playing reserves teams out of those leagues and having a tinpot foxtel cup, its perfect for the AFL.
The NFL who make bazillions more than the AFL with similar distances/logistics to compare don't even consider it, well they did to a degree with the World/Europe League but that failed and they gave up on that.
by Wedgie
Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And Lewis Johnston confirmed with me 10 minutes ago he will not be putting in for the AFL draft so will definitely be at the Roosters in 2015.
And it was at a chicken shop, not a coffee shop.
by Wedgie
Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Oval Football Membership Price Increase

Oh dear kickint. Port wanted a virtually clean stadium and couldn't sell their corporate facilities.
They knew the figures before a ball was bounced.
Got nothing to do with the SANFL, they get what they agreed to get to move footy away from Footy Pk.
Fully entitled and agreed to. There is no issue with the SANFL's share.
The only thing the SANFL has been incompetent at is propping up the Power in the past with millions of dollars.
This price increase (and topic) is purely the clubs getting additional funds on top of what they'd previously agreed to.
Ironically it could mean they get less eventually.
by Wedgie
Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup Axed

Yeah I think he's mistaking the black stripe that is the edge of the body as another leg.
As Booney said if anything its one leg short on its left side possibly due to the cut off of the icon or the angle its done on with 2 blurring into one but has 4 on the right.

http://www.saca.com.au/library/Redbacks_2014.jpg

PS I think this current conversation shows the current interest in the Foxtel Cup. :lol:
by Wedgie
Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Oval Football Membership Price Increase

Crows and Power propoganda reminds me of religion.
Its cute but concerning that grown people believe in fairy tales.
by Wedgie
Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAFC major sponsor

Copyword Toshiba announced as Norths Major Partner for 2015. :)
by Wedgie
Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

When will hey work out the difference between Teal and Turquoise?
by Wedgie
Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

Got to support him, innocent until proven guilty and despite having an amicable break up for a long term relationship myself I'm well aware of two guys that had the mother's accuse them of domestic violence just as payback. Beware the wrath of women.
(Having said that if he is found guilty, hang the bastard)
by Wedgie
Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

This seriously isn't a topic to win internet points and try and put sh!t on Glenelg.
by Wedgie
Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Schedule

Jim05 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:apparently Glenelg get one Saturday arvo match....

Nah, reckon its 5 or 6

Yeah but they'd only actually play football in one of them. :lol:
by Wedgie
Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL fixture is a joke, why so many byes?

Have 22 rounds, if you finish in the bottom 5 you play the 4 other teams in the bottom 5 three times, same in regard to top 5 clubs. Piss off any byes or split rounds, can the state match. All games on Fridays or Saturdays.
Crowds, revenue and interest in the comp rises at least 20%.
You're welcome SANFL.
Even better, piss off the Crows and Power, 21 rounds, play each team 3 times.
by Wedgie
Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL fixture is a joke, why so many byes?

also one of the alleged "advantages" of introducing teh afl reserves was to return to ten teams and "get rid of the bye". just add it to the rest of the supposed positives that have all turned out to be false
Yep, besides getting a couple of chances to abuse Crows wankers less weeks of no footy was the only positive I was looking forward to and its worse than before now!
by Wedgie
Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

OK, now he's been found guilty he can piss off from Glenelg, piss off from South Australia and piss off from the human race.
by Wedgie
Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

North's rocked up in email tonight, looks like another lazy 300k profit.

And yet we still don't look like winning a flag. In our first hundred years we never had any money yet were generally very competitive on the field and won one or two flags every decade giving us 13 flags overall. In the last decade or so we have been making money hand over fist and yet had no success on the field.
God bless the salary cap that keeps poorly run clubs competitive.
by Wedgie
Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

If any good can come out of this, then it highlights the massive issue of violence against women in our communities, one that I feel is very understated in the media considering the shocking statistics.
Agreed, I know two blokes accused who would never touch a woman but I also know of two lovely ladies who have been on the end if it, any sort of abuse against women is not on and I hope all men that feel the need to do it die painful deaths. Cowardly act.
by Wedgie
Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geelong 2015

I'll start the 2015 thread for the Cats by congratulating former President Frank Costa who was appointed an Officer of the Order of Australia for distinguished services in sports, business, religious, medical, educational and social welfare organisations today.
by Wedgie
Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2014/2015

And Bully, you really should do something with that hair mate!
If it helps he scored 2 goals last night and he's one of our own mate. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdjfOUyEfFs
by Wedgie
Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2014/2015

mighty hounds wrote:poor you, i can see why beating Arsenal feels like winning the EPL for tottenham... :lol:

Beating dodgy teams from East Europe or making the Dud Cup feels like winning the EPL for us! :D
by Wedgie
Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Godden Steps Down as State Coach / Cornes Appointed

Breaking News: Holden are getting the designer of the Holden Special to design their next car.

Shows how ridiculous and how much of a waste of time (and money when some clubs are struggling) the whole concept is.

Can it, and make the minor round longer, while you're at it, play our GF after the AFLs.

Be nice not to have ******* 8 months between games.
by Wedgie
Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

stan wrote:I think this thread might be better of in the AFL section. Could one of the mods please move it.

I think its fair enough to be here and maybe a similar discussion there as it impacts on SANFL clubs and their players
by Wedgie
Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Phil wrote:
westcoastpanther wrote:I'd be very concerned If I were a Dog

Why's that?

You might get fleas or heart worm and have a short life span.
by Wedgie
Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

New AO deal shouldn't reduce the SANFL's income, just empower the AFL clubs to get off their arses and do a bit more to earn money.

Possibly the funniest thing I've read on the interweb this year.
Grow the pie hey.
I was just passing on the info, but I agree its hilarious thinking Port might get off their arse and stop being a charity case, I think we all know that would never happen from past experience.
by Wedgie
Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Trial Games - LIVE Updates

Hazydog wrote:
Wedgie wrote:What are you doing at Coopers Stadium Phil? Ill be at Coopers Stadium next week to see Adelaide United v Central Coast

Glad I rocked up to the right one for the Foo Fighters!

I'm still waiting for them to come on at the Parade!
by Wedgie
Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sportsbet have a Johann Wagner market

I've gone the trifecta, Ive backed him to kick 1000, win Help I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here and be the next Prime Minister.
by Wedgie
Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2015 season

i am looking forward to stay at home mums round, single dad round, mental health round and human apprecitation round

I think being a "married white male who doesn't receive government benefits" is a minority group these days. I want a round FFS!
Married men are catered for in Mental Health week.
by Wedgie
Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Matches

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:if tradition is anything to go by its Port who will go the knuckle sangers

Isn't it a new Port though?

Definately, we played the new Port last year in a trial and they cried like stuck pigs when we showed a bit of physicality, bit different to the old Port.
by Wedgie
Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership Odds SANFL 2015

JTC has an office in Australia?
by Wedgie
Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |