Search found more than 1801 matches

Return

Re: SAFooty V2

Another... When clicking 'like' on a post, can it just like the post without going to a new page? My time is valuable, please stop wasting it.
by smac
Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

Paul Chapman to be a Bomber. Said choosing them was easy. 'They said they can prolong my career by up to 50 years with science!'
by Dissident
Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Haysman FS
Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

woodublieve12 wrote:she sings??? i've honestly never seen her mouth move...

:shock: =P~ :X

If it wasn't for those tits, I'd have moved to another thread by now...
by Failed Creation
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

From Localfootysa...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/james-allan-poised-to-rejoin-north-adelaide-in-sanfl/story-fnii03j6-1226747007310

TRIPLE Magarey Medallist James Allan is eyeing a return to North Adelaide - and the Roosters are confident they can sign him in the next few weeks.

Allan, 28, left Prospect at the end of last year to go home to Victorian town Lara and play football alongside his brother, Sam.

But after struggling to find work as a teacher in his hometown this year, he is returning to teach Year 4s at Prince Alfred College.

"I've just been concentrating on getting work and now that's happened I'll talk footy more," said Allan, who got the job at PAC on Wednesday.

"I'm good mates with (North football manager) Darryl Wintle and have been keeping in contact with him a fair bit.

"We'll probably try to sort something out in the next couple of weeks.

"I wouldn't want to play for anyone else."

Allan said he enjoyed playing footy with his home club but had missed the Roosters.

He watched North's grand final loss to Norwood and caught up with players at Prospect after the match.

"I thought I'd come back here (to Lara) to settle and my partner moved over from Adelaide as well.

"She missed family and friends a little bit but nearly 100 per cent it was about the work."

Roosters chief executive Greg Edwards said the club hoped to sign Allan once he had met with new coach Ken McGregor.

"We haven't signed him up or anything but obviously he's a triple Magarey Medallist so he knows we're keen to have him," Edwards said.

"Once him and Kenny have a chat we'll hopefully get him on board.

"I'd hope (Allan signs) in the next couple of weeks."

Edwards said the Roosters never expected Allan, who won Magarey Medals in 2007, 2010 and 2011, would return to Adelaide.

"We didn't want him to go but when he went we didn't think he'd come back," he said.

"When he rang at the beginning of the finals it was a surprise - but a good surprise."
by Big Phil
Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hate to flog a dead horse but as I have always said this guy is not good enough for AFL and never has been !
Terrific SANFL player though.

Kicked around 2 goals a game in 2012. For a small forward that's far more than a pass. Given he also battled injury in his AFC time it's not hard to imagine he could well have made a successful career if given a chance at a younger age.
by Grahaml
Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

daysofourlives wrote:Isnt it ironic he couldnt wait to get out of SA in 2003 and now says he cant wait to get back to SA

No irony there. He just wanted to get out of Alberton.
by Alby_Green
Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bounce of the ball wrote:I can't believe the Bay "supporters" who constantly run down their club. They are fine when winning though.
I hope he goes well.

5 posts and not declaring who you follow?
Your rock is calling to be crawled back under.
by Spargo
Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Turnover of SANFL Coaches

4. Mcgregor - Only one year at Port but had a pretty good squad to work with. Other clubs have been quick to chase many of these players and there are 12-15 quality players amongst them. Didn't think he did any better than Bamford in his time there and Ken's coaching CV is a bit skinny apart from Magpies role.

Many were tipping Port to take home the spoon in 2013, they finished a lot better than that in what was a very difficult season for them. McGreggor did a very good job holding together a side that knew it had no where to be in 2014, I think (and hope like hell) that your assessment of him sells him very short
by Ian
Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ian wrote:
maxyoz wrote:Hooray - I don't give a rats arse about any of you other lots clubs or your sh!t coaches, so why are you so interested in ours?
Because we want Glenelg to be shitter than us for ever ;)

Ha ha - Well good luck in beating us in more Grand Finals than we have beaten you in.
by maxyoz
Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Sad days isn't it.

Something has changed forever and will never be the same.

I thought the very same way when standing out front of the LeCornu site at North Adelaide last week.

Why do they have to build there? Something has changed forever and it will never be the same. Excellent analogy. You're good at this.
by smac
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hypotheticals

Wedgie wrote:Give me 100k let alone 1 mill and I'd leave Australia forever!

Shall we start passing around the hat? ;)
by Armytank
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Adelaide CROWval= OMFG!!!!!!!

Another chapter in the 'only in Adelaide' series.

Could you imagine a Melbourne based AFL team 're-naming' the MCG!!!

:oops:

Like the Triple-M CG?
by jim5112
Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You make me want to Crow up.
by therisingblues
Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

carey wrote:Why the f@#k would someone run a marathon?

Because it's too far to walk?
by Pseudo
Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would pay to watch that, you would be the bloke with the beer hat on :lol:
by Brodlach
Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sando wields axe

perhaps all of the SANFL clubs can provide "top up" club support staff on a rotation type basis? Can only do them good to be working with the proffesionals within the AFL clubs.....
by Armytank
Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2nd Test Adelaide Discussion

Wedgie wrote:Any ideas what time members should get there for a half decent seat?
you'll be able to find a seat any time. How close you want to be determined how early to get there. Aim for 9am and you'll be unlikely to be disappointed.
by smac
Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Someone Recruits Triple Magarey Medalist?

Jim05 wrote:
cennals05 wrote:A tweet from Zac Millbank... Confirmed @NorwoodFC will not pursue the signature of triple @MagareyMedal winner Jimmy Allan. #SANFL

Good news but going on our boards recent backflips id expect he will be announced as a new signing within the week

:lol:
by Booney
Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dislike

seems you have a little more pull around here than me, I guess it wont go ahead.
by Johno6
Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Amazing what happens when rain doesn't "save" a team from defeat, when DRS doesn't influence the outcome, when pitches aren't ridiculously doctored.
Amazing what happens when a coach is appointed who is a man's man. Who understands our culture, who can sort out the shit in our dressing room. A coach who's been there and freely encourages a frothy after a win. A coach who pisses off the silly rotation system.

We have an opener in Warner who can put a bowling attack on the back foot within minutes. We have a skipper who's tactics are brilliant and is a world class batsmen. Haddin is in career best form after overcoming personal adversity. We have a group of bowlers who complement each other. Harris is all class, Siddle is all guts, Lyon gets better and better and then there's Mitch. We haven't had a quick put fear in batsmen since Thommo. His head is clearly in a better space.

When we took the final wicket I was stopped at traffic lights. The bloke in the car next to me yelled "you beauty", the two young tradies opposite me were high fiving - it's a great day to be an Aussie. One could be excused if one indulged in an extra tinnie or three tonight.

The arrogance is back, so is the swagger and the chirp. But most importantly, for the Australian cricket team and the Australian cricket public - the good times are back.
by Spargo
Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Been Real of course there was no complaints from all the supporters as all the nine SANFL clubs were under the same Salary Cap rules and quite happy with the status quo.

Now we have two AFL clubs with multi million dollar budgets playing AFL reserves teams in the SANFL fantastic isn't it NOT !!!!

Only complaint about salary cap I have is that Norwood sold their souls for two draft picks for a YES vote. The SANFL is corrupt and a joke.

Too many footy followers have been seduced by this AFL reserves crap concept its AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.

But the saddest thing of all is some of you Magpie supporters let the real Magpies die and are quite happy with all of this SHAME SHAME SHAME !!!!

Port haf no vote. The magpie supporters had no voice at all. The Sanfl would ensure the magpies would die anyway after 2014. Call it 91's revenge.

But on a serious note I have only come across 1 magpie supporter ok with this and we all know that peanut.

That's OK, I know plenty of Port supporters that think Wedgie is a Knob. Doesn't make them right (or wrong for that matter)
He's definitely a knob is our Sambo !!!
by Trent Plucktrum
Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

that aint a karma bus, its an wambulance....
by Johno6
Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Wedgie he's on a different frequency, you'll never reach him.
by tigerpie
Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rocket Rooster in Hot Water

Think Reece is buying the drinks after being taken in, hook, line and sinker. Union Hotel Waymouth Street.
by DOC
Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Nothing more to see here folks, back to mocking the Power etc.

How's the Crows karma bus coming along this year? Pretty good from where I'm seated, jumper fiasco and Van Berlo make them, once again, the laughing stock of SA footy.

Let's just hope they lose every game and FIGJAM Sanderson gets the ar*e.
by topsywaldron
Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Do you know whats funny. How John Olsens on his way back to Adelaide to find out why Adelaide were given the go ahead to use the guernsey, and maybe renegotiate the revenue being split between the AFC and the 9 SANFL clubs, instead of the South Australian Crows keeping all the money.

Also, there was a reason the SANFL didnt sell the State guernsey in shops. It was to keep the jumper sacred, and so only deserving players were able to own one. Now thats ****** isnt it.
Funnily HH3, that name selection actually says it all. If they are the club for ALL South Australians then "The South Australian Crows" would be more appropriate.

But they are not are they? They are the Adelaide Crows, a Franchise spurned from the SANFL, to compete in a club based expansionist league that bears no relationship to state whatsoever.

DD14, you denigrate the SANFL and it's supporters by telling us we are a small minority and in fact smaller than even the SAAFL. But in the next breath tell us that the AFC was born from all the SANFL clubs and therefore does represent state football and appropriately is entitled to wear the State Guernsey. It does seem to me that you want it both ways.

But hey what would I know. I'm a pom who doesn't even live there, but I'm pretty sure that I have more respect for South Australia and its national Guernsey than any of those so called "decision makers" who are only interested in the promotion of the Crows for financial gains, and possibly a good few Crow supporters.
by johntheclaret
Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League 2013/14 Transfers, Results & Discussion

Great news with the new NPL getting the green light. This is the new second tier National comp. Stoked that Adelaide City and West Adelaide are the two clubs from SA that will be in it. Hopefully in a few years time it will lead to Promotion/Relegation and we will see the might of Juve back where they belong
by Jim05
Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

Man Utd have said they will not sell Rooney to their nearest challengers for the premier league title. Aston Villa, Swansea and Hull are said to be disappointed!!
by cossi11
Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port (Power Reserves) 2014

My crack at the SANFL side :

F : Jake Neade John Butcher Sam Gray
HF : Steve Summerton Mason Shaw Mitch Harvey
C : Tom Logan Ben Newton Aaron Young
HB : Lewis Stevenson Aseri Raikiwasa Tom Clurey
B : Jarman Impey Jonas/Hombsch Sam Colquhoun

R : Renouf (Redden) Campbell Heath K.Mitchell
Int : R.Young J.Johansen H.Slattery Hitchcock

Ah Chee, Amon, Byrne-Jones,Redden, D.Flynn, Russell, D.Butcher, Ben Haren, Biemans, Sawford, Sharrad either injured ( Redden ), first year draftees or development players.
by Booney
Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

if you didn't want it to be turned into another reserves discussion then why did you put power reserves in the title. Why not just call it Port Magpies 2014.
Just to avoid confusion as there's already a Port 2014 thread in the AFL Forum and some people not in the know are aware its different this year with all Power players dropped to their reserves side in the SANFL. Having "Port" and "Power Reserves" in the title seemed a fair compromise. Adelaide's reserves will be titled similarly.

Anyway, I think they might be a fringe finals side but similarly to the Crows reserves injuries will have twice the influence on their side as opposed to the other 8 league sides.

kickinit, any youngsters we should be keeping an eye out for, do you think they'll be too heavy in one area and light on in others because of the way the club is structured?

Out of our draftees- Karl Amon and Darcy Byrne-Jones look lively. Plenty of pace and Amon in particular is a great user of the footy.

Will follow Daniel Flynn with interest this season. Has got great athleticism and size, just needs that football nouse.

Robbie Young is a product out of our junior system- represented SA in the junior championships last year (pretty sure it was U18's)- has pace to burn and could make an impact in the senior side should the opportunity present itself.

A very young side, could sneak into the 5 if the power has a good run with injuries.
by valleys07
Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Then it's Glenelg in Round 2 at Alberton, so it's a tough start but one that will give us a real insight into where we're at, how competetive we're going to be and who will be part of our group for the year ahead.

Wow. Imagine how tough the start would be playing Glenelg at Glenelg.
by DOC
Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

He might spit the dummy and start his own TV station. ;-)
by The Sleeping Giant
Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles 2014

Grocke has currently played two internal trials and looks like getting up for the first match.
Von Bertouch has been flying in trials and has great football instincts.
Improvements from Batley, Martyn, Poole and Appleton will significantly improve the onball running division.
Sumner lost confidence in his game when Heath took over the floating backman roll and was then unsure of his role, this should be now rectified.
Lachy MacGregor has been training well and looks fit, he could be a surprise pocket rocket.
Culley is still over coming last seasons injury where he ripped the hamstring off the bone don't know how far off he is.
Hope some players from the last two U18 premierships can step up and put pressure on the first 21.

Main areas of weakness are in ruck and lack of height in the back lines.
Unsure where our likely finish will be.
by ferret
Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1197am RPH Adelaide's Thursday Night SANFL Show

Good news, folks. Grant and I will be back on the airwaves this coming Thursday night, with the 1st show for season 2014. Stay tuned later in the week for the guest list. Having been to a couple of trial games over the weekend, we are really looking forward to another great season of SANFL and RPH will be bringing plenty of the action throughout the course of the year.
by Big Phil
Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Failed Creation wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait for the Showdown!

Hopefully our boys soften up the Blackbirds for you and they go 0-2.

regards.

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

Allegedly some would even turn for him ...
by dedja
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"The Scoreboard tells the Truth" with Michael Aish

Come along and join us for a great men's event as we hear from one of South Australia’s favourite sons Michael Aish as he shares his journey. The silky skilled No.8 had a wonderful career where he played 307 games for Norwood with 3 years as captain. In 1981 he won the Magarey Medal at the young age of 20. He also represented South Australia in 14 matches – twice as captain. The two time All-Australian was also inducted into the SANFL Hall of Fame in 2002. This is a night not to be missed as Michael shares his journey with us including a time for Q&A.

Date - Monday May 5th at 7:30pm
Venue - Hallett Cove Baptist Church
Entry - Gold Coin Donation with all proceeds going towards Children's Cancer.
Any questions please contact the church on 8322 6469.
by Ruck Legend
Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Agreed the state gets a lot of Crows & Power coverage already.

Lets hope that local and SANFL also get some much needed coverage - only time will tell...
by Legs Man
Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 LIVE scores

Disappointing North took the foot off the throat but still a flogging in any man's language.
Well done Roosters.
Im sure the media will report that the Cows started slowly but outplayed their opponents in the final quarter and that there were more positives than negatives from the game

North were very lucky today. got all the calls from the Umps, and Adelaide very unlucky as they just run out of time after dominating the 2nd half. In the end their 6,000 fans behind the goal were virtually sucking the ball through the uprights and it took a dirty tackle from Obst to take match winner Porplyzia out of the game to give North an advantage.

Adelaide can quite rightly complain with North fielding 22 after disgracefully sneaking Lewis Johnston onto the oval undetected in a Crows Guernsey, who turned out to be one of our best for the day.

Equally the 6,000 Crow supporters were quite right to complain to Weslo after the filthy abuse thrown at them by a group of so called Rooster fans, obviously inebriated judging by their close proximity to the Beer Cabin.

As soon as the AFL change the playing time rules to 8 x 40 minute quarters Adelaide will be alright.
by johntheclaret
Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 LIVE scores

Wedgie wrote:A nasty induction to the couple of hundred Crows supporters today, they didn't know how to take 95% of the crowd barracking against them. They looked confused and upset.

You would be too if you were continually told you were going to have 4000 fellow supporters there with you. :lol:
by whufc
Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 3 - Discussion (and Live Scores)

I'd still take Butcher over McKernan, although it's a bit like choosing whether to root Venus or Serena
by JK
Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - North v South @ Prospect Oval (Sat 12/4)

A great preview to the game including more hostilities between Rocket Rooster and the Panther and informative interviews with Matt Rose, Brad Crabb, Ben Williams and Max Thring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Knx7ww470Z8&list=PLDCD04D6BAA36534E

The Benny Hill theme. It never gets old.
by DOC
Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Luke Ivens Retires

Seems to have been around forever and always seemed to play well against the Eagles. Think you are spot on Wedgie, one of those blokes that you would love to have in your side.
by Columbo
Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

one of the opposition players I always rated highly. Just went about his business without any fuss. Fantastic player and would've loved him at the bay. A real shame injuries cut him off so close to 200.
by puppet arms
Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done on a great career, I agree not many would dislike this guy. Pity about the 7 games short.
by SDK
Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations on a great career.

I always thought the eagles were more of a chance to beat north when he wasn't in the side!!

He still seems too young to retire. Does anyone know why he has pulled th pin? Is it related to concussion given the recent Advertiser story that he featured in?

Off-topic, love some of the names to appear in that named North Adelaide team. Brings back some memories of another era i.e. Paris Fowden, Ray Ebel !
by Mr Fuller
Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rounds 2 - Sturt v Adelaide Post Game

Kind of on topic and kind of off topic.

But word around Elizabeth Oval today from supporters and was even told by a current dogs league player is that Ian Callinan has told the Crows he wont be playing against Centrals this year.

Not sure how true that is but It did come from some normally reliable sources.

How long has he been a Crows player Hammy?

2-3 years I think?

Either way much like the Rooster supporters and Johnston I wont be holding grudge against him if he does play.

on topic the SANFL needs a strong Sturt so im glad to see them make a positive start to the year.
by whufc
Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

the ox is slow but the Earth is patient ...
by dedja
Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |