Search found 499 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

The only name it should be changed to is

"WHITE ELEPHANT STADIUM"

The amount of money spent just for an extra 20,000 seats, most of which will be covered in a few years time, is not justified with the hospital systems in such a horrific state. And the money spent on the walk way is ridiculously excessive.
by nwdfanparade
Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Good work by Port to get them. But anyone who believes that they've signed on for $400 per SANFL league game, $100 if they play reserves, and not a cent more, also believes in fairies and pots of gold at the end of the rainbow.

As a bare minimum, a teensy bit of honesty and transparency as to the rules under which this competition operates, would be no bad thing. (Up until the middle of 2013, there were real SANFL clubs who copped harsh sanctions for the smallest technical breach of those rules.) Not likely, I know.
by SimonH
Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port Adelaide MAGPIES reserve will have the best 18 years old's that didn't get drafted to the AFL. Do you really think that a 18 year old that still wants to have a crack at AFL will want to play for norwood over Port. Having access to everything at a AFL club versus only having access to everything at a SANFL club. Sorry, how will they have access to "everything at a AFL club" if they're playing for the "Port Adelaide MAGPIES reserve[s]"?

Anyway, let's go through it all very slowly now:
1. The 18yo kid who's played Norwood from U/16s and played U/18s last year, is good. Missed getting drafted, and maybe not SANFL league good yet, but certainly reserves good, and could be good enough to push for league selection depending on performances in the 2nds.
2. Norwood obviously don't want to let him go.
3. So the only way he ends up at the Magpies is if he walks, and if Port Adelaide (on the current system) pay a transfer fee.
4. So, will he walk?
5. On the plus side, he gets a lot of talk about playing at an AFL club, having access to an AFL club's facilities, joining an 'academy' and playing for an 'academy team' ('cos that sounds so much more prestigious than joining a reserves squad and playing reserves), and living the dream of having a crack at AFL.
6. On the minus side:
• He will be training and playing with the 3rd tier group at the PAFC, and that fact will effectively be locked in for the whole year; he will be with the 2nd tier group at Norwood, and can instantly be promoted to the top tier if performances warrant it
• He is (barring an improbable run of injuries to the AFL list and the SANFL top-up list) guaranteed not to get a SANFL league game at PAFC. There are about 37 players guaranteed a SANFL league game before him (44 on AFL list + 15 league top-up - 22 AFL players picked each week). That's a massive whack of injuries required before he's even a theoretical chance; whereas Norwood can pick him for his SANFL league debut the minute he earns his spot
• Playing SANFL reserves won't get him on an AFL list. For someone who's already been passed over once, playing well at SANFL reserves level isn't going to impress AFL talent scouts. Every mature-aged draftee from SA I can think of, got the nod by playing stand-out footy at SANFL league level
• He is (if PAFC follow the rules) prohibited from being paid more than $100 per game by the PAFC because he's stuck in the SANFL reserves all year, whereas at Norwood if he earns a league debut, then within the SANFL salary cap Norwood can pay him whatever they like
• He has to leave behind his mates and club he's grown up with, which is a greater-than-usual pull if your home club is successful and the club you're thinking of transferring to, isn't
• The talk of 'if you wanna live the dream of playing AFL, your chances are better if you come to an AFL club' is an obvious crock. If they're interested in persuading him to stay, Norwood can point out to him: "Look at the number of players drafted and rookied from Norwood over the last 5 years, as compared with those wearing a prison bar guernsey."

There may well be the odd decent 18yo who requests to transfer over to Port Adelaide for a range of reasons, including that they buy the hype—in addition to the ex-U/18 castoffs who will make up the bulk of the 'academy'. People do irrational things all of the time, young people even more so.

But good luck with the claim that "the best 18 year olds that didn't get drafted to the AFL" will be lining up en masse to leave behind their SANFL club and train with the 3rd tier group at a bones-of-its-arse AFL club, in order to grasp the prize of not playing SANFL league footy and therefore not attracting the interest of AFL talent scouts.
by SimonH
Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the funny thing about this situation is how everyone is still here. If it was that bad and you had been so screwed over like your all carrying on about, then you wouldn't be here, you would of walked away by now. So either walk away or get over it. It's done and won't be change.

Time to invoke Godwin's Law...

By the early 1940s, many denizens of Western Europe had walked away from the situation - i.e. fled before the Panzer divisions rolled over the bridge.

Some who stayed accepted the situation and made the best of it. Consider Marshal Pétain and the collaborationist Vichy Republic.

Some stayed but resisted the occupation.

Likewise many will stay here - but don't expect them to express anything but vitriol for the occupation, the occupiers, and the collaborators.
Vive le SANFL! Vive la Résistance!
by Pseudo
Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pure SANFL ladder

ladder for purists, after Round 1:

P W F A %
Sturt 1 1 84 41 67.20
South 1 1 100 51 66.23
Eagles 1 1 83 52 61.48
Central 1 0 52 83 38.52
West 1 0 51 100 33.77
Glenelg 1 0 41 84 32.80

Norwood and North yet to play.
by Pseudo
Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

Not surprised a that result. All clubs who voted yes should feel proud of themselves now. Wait until your turn when you get flogged then what will your reaction be.

NO AFL IN THE SANFL
by FOURTH ESTATE
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

Love how people can simultaneously argue that the comp is a farce both because the reserves sides are too bad AND too good.

It is actually quite logical and one of the main points I kept arguing last year. The farce comes from the VARIANCE in performances from the AFL reserves teams. There will almost certainly be weeks when they lose by 20 goals and weeks when they will win by 20 goals, all hugely dependent on
- their injury lists
- their desire to play to win (which will depend on what suits their AFL masters from week to week)
- the rules/concessions that the SANFL gives each AFL club

It truly does reduce the competition to a farce - it is hard to get excited by wins, or despondent by losses against the AFL Reserves sides when the whole structure of these clubs is completely different and any close games are just a fluke by the clubs having the "right" balance of injuries and top up players on that day.
by Ecky
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Barmby just found not guilty.
by CENTURION
Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood calls for fourth interchange player

would make sense to bring it into line with the AFL Why?

Probably just because I think continuity in rules at all levels is a good thing. Can probably find examples where having different rules is a good thing but it's weird that every level of the game seems to have different rules.

Having said that the afl tinker way too much
Hope we never go down the path of doing everything the same as the AFL, the SANFL provides people with a point of differance and for me anyway is better to watch to because of it
by Jim05
Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood calls for fourth interchange player

We should copy the AFL.

No reserves teams in either league.
by DOC
Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Crows were bigger, stronger and faster today. I'm sure their 20 supporters that were at the game enjoyed the win. Especially the ones that complained that Centrals supporters were being mean to them. It was just your normal everyday football banter and they complained. This is why Crows supporters are the laughing stock of the AFL and now the SANFL. They seem to think they own the town and seem genuinely surprised that not everyone follows them.
by cennals05
Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

SANFL are part owners of AO and allways will be, if you dont like it play at Alberton.
If it wasnt for the SANFL you wouldnt even still be in the AFL

Since when did the SANFL buy AO? Maybe you should go back and read the post before shooting your mouth off. To say Port and the crows need the SANFL is the biggest laugh out there. Why do you think we now play footy at AO? Why do you think the AFL didn't want the SANFL in control of the licenses? The AFL sides do not need the SANFL, but the SANFL does need the the AFL. Have fun paying for that LEASE if there was no AFL games there.
If you dont need us piss off and go find another comp to play in. The SANFL will survive without the two AFL reserves sides.
The SANFL can quite easily live off the proceeds of AAMI and the rent from AO.
Im sure with your new found wealth you could afford to put your ressies in the VFL and travel to Melbourne every second week
by Jim05
Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

Here I was thinking this thread was going to discuss the Magpies and Eagles game.

Pretty sure every post match Magpies thread this season will be a waste of time.

Unfortunately so, and add any post match Crows thread as well. But I guess what else do you expect when your composite team smashes an amateur SANFL side.

Last week when the Power Reserves smashed Glenelg it was said by some that any side would have smashed them, they were so bad.
But this week your mob were playing the leagues' flag favorites and what was the stats again?? 34 scoring shots to 11.

Seems to me most true SANFL fans are right to be pissed off with what's happened.
by johntheclaret
Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 6 Central V North postmortem

Ohh we'll not AFL level then, if any gets dismissed by you they aren't up to it! Lol :lol:

Yep that's a major blimp on his resume. :lol:

Got him with what I call the "keyser soze" stolen from the Usual Suspect film

"The greatest trick whufc ever pulled was convincing the world his spin existed."
by whufc
Sun May 11, 2014 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 LIVE scores

Dols wrote:]there is a whinge thread for people like you[LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

There is a comp for you, it's called the AFL. (Insert retardation emoticon)
by topsywaldron
Sun May 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

How many measured posts from everyone opposed to the two new teams do you AFL supporting hacks need to freaking get it?

Put really, really simply the introduction of two clubs whose goals are not shared by the rest of the competition and who play under a different set of rules destroys the integrity of the competition as a whole.

Their strength or weakness as teams is neither here nor there.
by topsywaldron
Mon May 12, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES ROUND 7

Roy Laird...OUT!!!
You have no idea, Apostle !!!
What do you suggest then? Just keep wallowing in shit performances???
Well, apart from making knee-jerk, reactionary comments, perhaps make a decent suggestion yourself, other than just a throw away line of 'Laird Out'...

Doggies fans have had it too good for a long time now and do not handle coming back to the pack too well. Be grateful for what the club has done in the last decade and appreciate that all good runs come to an end and rebuilding is a process that will eventually have to be faced...

Who would you bring in? Regardless of how the rest of the season pans out, Laird will see out 2014, IMO. Whether he is there in 2015 remains to be seen...
by Big Phil
Sat May 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

lol, i told them at the "information night" and the president laughed in my face when i raised my concerns. he obviously doesnt want to listen to me, so ill not support his decision by supporting the club.

and just because it doesnt matter to you, doesnt mean it shouldnt matter to anyone else. one could also ask, if you believe "what does it matter", why you keep arguing for the inclusion of the reserves sides. trust me, you are well and truly for the idea, regardless of its detriment to the competition.

and id love to know how you think we should deal with the inclusion. several people have stated they hate it, and do not want to be seen to be supporting it, and think it is bad for the competition, but you then expect those same people to support it by attending? its a self fulfilling prophecy that the club presidents have caused. we warned them crowds would drop (cos we knew we wouldnt go) they didnt listen, so now we should just go anyway????? unlike Trigg and co, i dont make promises i wont keep, or make empty threats....

how else will the "powers that be" get the message? they ignored us when we raised our concerns with them before hand, even though so far it seems that all of the concerns are coming true. the only thing they listen to is the caching of the cash register. hit them where it hurts. attendencances dropping will quickly evaporate the $40k the crows are stumping up, and only maybe then will they start listening to reason. lets only hope it isnt too late. leave it too long and they will permanently lose those that are voting with their feet.....

some people choose to follow their club but not go to the "reserves" games. probably a reasonable compromise.

and i guess i better put my tin foil hat back on if you can read my thoughts

I dont need to read your thoughts. Your actions in constantly arguing for the reserves sides speaks far louder than words.

But wouldnt skipping the reserves games also be included in your self fulfiling prophecy? Its still non attendance, it still contributes to the crowd drop.

And compromise is just another word for getting screwed. I dont feel that just skipping the reserves games is reasonable at all. I personally felt that offering them a spot in the reserves of the sanfl was a reasonable compromise. But that wasnt good enough for your club.
by tipper
Mon May 26, 2014 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Potential mature age recruits from SANFL

Oooohhhh please, can't wait for more of our players that we've developed over the last 5-10 years on a drip fed budget to be snapped up by an AFL club for a half of f-all drip fed payment (if you're lucky) only to have them play against us in a state league comp.
Where do we sign?
by CUTTERMAN
Thu May 29, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 - Eagles v Adelaide - POST MATCH

Eagles competed for the first 15 minutes of each quarter and then were run off their feet after that. Unless the fitness levels of the SANFL teams get closer to an AFL level it's going to get worse i'm afraid
Thats the difference between PROFESSIONALS and part timers. The Crows created by the SANFL then return to destroy it. Thanks very much and goodnight.
by Reddeer
Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

Bahahahaha you guys are just too easy!!!!!!!!!
are you saying it is too easy to get a reaction from a number of SAFooty posters who are clearly emotionally affected by what has happened to the league they

Of course I am, you blokes are pathetic.
Were you part of the embarrassing crowd at Alberton today?
Judging by the piss weak crowd numbers at Alberton this year I think its safe to say plenty of genuine Magpies supporters are not interested in watching this farce either
by Jim05
Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not going to happen. AFL clubs are not going to agree to revert back to a system where their players are split among other clubs, not necessarily played in the positions the AFL clubs want etc. What you are proposing is basically a shift back to the previous system, which I know would suit the majority of posters on this whinge thread , but it's just not going to happen. Tinkering around the edges of the new system is about the best you will get I suspect.

As for the constant Magpies no longer exist rubbish I see running through this laughable thread, you people remind me of climate change deniers. The truth stares you in the face, but you all still scream it's not real it's not real! Magpies in the SANFL, Power in the AFL, it's actually not real hard!

jesus H ******* christ.... the bit i bolded above is so far off base i wonder if you have actually read and understood any of the posters that are against the reserves sides... is english your second language? (or fifth??)

apart from apache's suggestion (which i disagree with) i havent seen anywhere that anyone has said we should revert back. what you afl bootlickers fail to understand yet again, the "whingers" as you so like to call us, werent against change at all, we were against this change. take the reserves sides and **** them off elsewhere. where to? i couldnt give a flying rats tossbag. i just dont want them in the sanfl.

they shouldnt be in our league, never should have even been considered. i may have been sympathetic to them if they wanted to join the sanfl reserves, but i didnt like that idea either, i could however see more merit in it that having them in the league. too late for that now, and it wasnt good enough for the fruit tingles anyway.

i dont want north to have afl rejects changing our side week to week. i am happy they are gone, and as i see it, so far it is the only benefit of the reserves sides. however we still would have had that benefit if they went off to the amateurs, so moot point.

agree that the situation will never revert to what it was, but that is a good thing, i and many other "whingers" dont want it to. my only hope is that the reserves sides are voted out and this abortion in a bucket that the league has become can be put out of its misery. i dont reckon it will happen though, the people who get to make the decisions dont have the intestinal fortitude to stand up when it matters, but hey, a bloke can dream cant he?
by tipper
Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I did start writing this in the Sturt vs Port thread, but quickly realised it was a big whinge...

Another game decided by the ridiculous advantages Port have been given with the top ups. How can Nathan Krakouer be allowed to play as a top up. Age 26, 2 AFL clubs, not a Port junior.

Sturt did well. I was hoping for a win for them. Unfortunately it is looking more and more likely that the Power Reserves will be one of the Grand Finalists this year. You could have hid the mess under the carpet, for this season at least, if Port and Adelaide were mid-table or below, but season 2014 (and beyond if they don't change it) will have a massive asterisk next to it as a wasted season because winning or losing against the AFL clubs means absolutely nothing.

This is worse than Lance Armstrong and the drugs in Le Tour de France. At least the majority of riders were on the same thing back then. This SANFL season has been recommended and ratified by the SANFL Commission and its League Directors.

I will admit I was very wrong in giving this a go and LPH, Centurion, smac, whufc and co were spot on from the start. It doesn't feel right going to the football any more.

I don't care about Channel 7. I don't care about high priced recruits. I don't care about being the 2nd best competition. I don't care about the full time staff behind the scenes. I care about a level playing field and my team competing in a competition with integrity. There is simply no integrity while AFL Reserves teams are competing in the SANFL.

I think it was premature writing the SANFL off as what it was and extremely incompetent by those who made the decision to ignore/dismiss the guiding principles when coming to the decision to allow the change.
by Aerie
Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Wins U16s National Championships

U18 Champions two in a row now U16 Champs in the same year.
Perhaps SA are doing something right ?
Perhaps the SANFL Clubs development programs are working and VERY successful ?
Perhaps the AFL's lack of direction in developing junior football is being exposed and taught a lesson by a state that is committed to improving football at GRASS ROOTS level and more concerned about the development of the game rather than $$$$$$$$ ?
xxxx the Crows and Power's selfish disregard for football at any other level because you xxxts have NOTHING to do with this success and in fact HINDER it !

I am sure that every man woman and child that is on this forum is very proud of our League and our clubs contribution to football.
by SDK
Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Double header at Adelaide oval

PhilH wrote:If it is an AFL free weekend ... would you run
- Doubleheader Saturday & Doubleheader Sunday
- Or 4 games in one day through the Saturday?

2 x doubleheader, with a single admission valid for both days.
by Pseudo
Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And I would contend that I would not have gone to the centrals crows game this year had I not had a free ticket.
And there it is in the proverbial nutshell, folks. The SANFL has sacrificed attendance and membership from dyed in the wool long term fans who would put their money behind their convictions, only to attract bludging freeloaders like our compatriot beenymacca here. Let them abuse first-order statistical measures as much as they like; nobody is being fooled.
by Pseudo
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They are saying the pros for the Crows to join with Uni Blacks are -

> They can drop a player to the Ammos
> They can develop players within the same structure and not be reliant on SANFL clubs to provide players.

Both of these reasons where given as pros for the SANFL clubs to vote the Crows into the SANFL!!!!

AFL clubs never liked SANFL clubs playing their players in the SANFL reserves, now they want the option?

They promoted the ability to pick a top up player form the SANFL clubs, develop them and then hand them back a ready made SANFL player, this will no longer happen under the new plan.

SANFL no longer run football in this state, the boys club at the Crows do....
by Dutchy
Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

It would be the worst ever year for amount of paid customers through the gate comfortably. Throw in smaller numbers of members, a bigger bill for TV and less publicity especially in finals time and things aren't looking great. The reserves sides have definitely been a big step backwards and could potentially get worse as the novelty wears off. The only positives are no byes and the Crows having one less excuse for being sh!t.
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting article in today's advertiser quoting Roy Laird. Mentioning how playing the afl professionals is a real lottery, damaging the integrity of the sanfl. An example given was South played port with Port having 9 afl players, centrals faced them with 14. Also mentioned no team should have to face them with a shorter break, given their advantage of facilities and not having to work.
Spot on Roy, sticking up for the sanfl and the little integrity left.
by sjt
Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tech1 wrote:Question for you guys what would you be happy with?

The compete removal of foreign garbage teams from Our Competition.
by Pseudo
Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL scheduling - First week of finals announced

should be two weeks later. the sanfl grand final should never have been moved away from the week after the afl grand final.
by tipper
Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17 scores and dribble

Ravens win would have been much better for Norwood but they are the joke b team of a hated shiteful organisation.

On ya Blues, we salute you.
by topsywaldron
Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep there is now so much more luck involved in sorting out the SANFL ladder.
If you can 'catch' the AFL reserves side on certain weekends due to their injury list, upcoming AFL fixtures, AFL current ladder postition etc etc you can almost get a 3-4 advantage on other sides.

I kept some basic stats on the make-up of the Reserves sides (these numbers disregard the ‘showdown’ games, and Callinan was not considered a top-up player). They more or less point out the obvious, although admittedly it’s only a small sample of results:

With the Ravens, they were 6-4 when they fielded between 2 and 4 top-ups, and 1-5 when they fielded 5 or more.

With the Power, they were 8-2 when they fielded 5 or 6 top ups, and 2-4 when they fielded 7 or more.

The highest number of tops up per club were 9 for the Ravens (loss v WA) and 12 for the Power (loss v SA).

:-B :-B
I guess this is why in Pseudo's "Pure SANFL Table" the Panthers finished top but in the bastardised table they finished 4th.
This is one of the reasons the comp is so badly compromised now. Any argument that all SANFL clubs have injuries isn't relevant, mainly because it is injuries or decisions made by Clubs in another competition that are affecting the outcome of games played in the SANFL.

Again any argument that this has been happening since 1991 with AFL players being called up by their parent AFL club is only valid to a point in that it only concerned one or two players from any club.

The problem is, no matter what restrictions the SANFL apply to "top up" players, it won't solve the issue of how many AFL players play for their reserve club from week to week. After all it is the quality (or maybe the inequality) of those AFL players in both skills and fitness, and their desire to get called up to the 1st team, that affects the results so widely.

I hope that the powers that be, (no pun intended Booney), take a realistic view on all the core reasons for admitting the Reserve teams in the first place and actually analyse the results.
Were the conditions met concerning increased revenue, increased attendance, (particularly the promise of greater numbers of Crows fans attending), increased media coverage and promotion, increased sponsorship revenue and so on.
They also need to consider the long term effects on the the league. For example It is pointless to claim an increase in attendance by whatever nominal amount and not take into consideration key aspects such as the novelty affect, the return of the ANZAC game at Adelaide Oval, Walkers Return game etc. It's no point arguing that these shouldn't be discounted because they are part of the overall count. They were exceptional events for exceptional reasons which will not happen again next year,

More tinkering with Numbers and Top Ups, and so forth is more likely to make the situation worse and further compromise the competition particularly if they start to involve amateur clubs as well.
Excluding them from finals, no premiership points in games against them, etc is as unworkable as the current situation in my opinion and would further degrade the competition.

I don't know what the answer is although removing them from the league altogether should be as much a consideration as any other option.
by johntheclaret
Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seriously, the AFL, the self appointed "custodians of the game" are doing their best to completely f*** up all grades and leagues as best they can. If any sport in the world needed a base model of how to disenfranchise, polarise and undermine all facets of a sport they need to look no further than the VFL/AFL. It's rotting from the bottom up and they can't see it for all the money, greed and media sycophants that keep to the beat of the AFL drum for fear of losing their cut of the money pie.
Classic case of The Emperor has no clothes.
by CUTTERMAN
Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

Norwood v South even better for the comp
by CUTTERMAN
Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores

So "Tiger Woods" with a full bag beats an 18 handicapper with a 7 iron and a putter by a couple of strokes and "Tiger's" fans cream their jeans :roll:
by twosheds
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Full credit to Port, with a new coach and a very new team, to go from a struggling 6th last year to comfortably making it to the Grand Final this year is a great achievement. Port fans should be proud. :roll:
by Mic
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unlucky South. Was always going to be tough against a team full of AFL players.
Amazingly won all the stats hands down, except the one the counts.

Still, most Panthers can be proud of the effort this year. I don't think anyone expected such an improvement.
South were carrying a lot of SANFL hearts today. Not sure the same will be said of Norwood next week.

Either there will be a a new name on the TSH Cup or Norwood will get their reward for their backflip vote.
Personally I don't give a shit who wins it. Now South are gone, so is my interest.
by johntheclaret
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

The final Pure Pure Sanfl ladder:

South Adelaide
Central District
by RB
Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can hardly type .... Completely and utterly shattered tonight .

Worst feeling in the world ....still welling up in tears. :(

Just lost for words.
Mate... Us Norwood folk felt the same at the end of the 2010 grand final and look now.

You guys have come a bloody long way, you have some great players, an excellent coach and have hopefully gained a few supporters (new and returned ones.)

I know it doesn't help after being so close yet so far, but you guys earnt a hell of a lot of respect from across the whole of the SANFL.

I look forward to hopefully playing you in the grand final next year.

Losing a preliminary makes you even more hungry I believe for the following year.

You earnt my respect in 2014 as a genuine contender.
by leggies
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done on a great Some of you need to get over this negativity in this competition. Gets a bit much after 20 rounds. I think it has been a great competition. Sure Port have had a great run with injuries but if they hadn't (say add 7-8 injuries) they would be midfield at best and be long gone by now. Your club voted for it. Suck it up or shut up!

Like most of the pro-reserves flogs who post tediously about their love of the new comp I note with interest you support two teams, an AFL team and an SANFL team. For those who don't have that luxury , for instance I only barrack for Norwood, and who've watched their competition degraded by the introduction of two teams from another league I could understand if they told you to go forth and procreate.
by topsywaldron
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations Norwood

Congratulations Norwood: the best performed sovereign team in a compromised competition. What a shame that it will be forced to play a scratch match next week for the sake of getting game time into another league's reserve players, rather than earning its title in a Grand Final against another properly-matched sovereign team.

Congratulations South Adelaide: pure minor premiers, and thus the best performed team by the only possible measure between properly-matched sovereign teams. What a shame - and indeed farce - that the Panthers were forced to battle from fourth position on the compromised ladder.

I might have gone to next week's game as a matter of support for the league, had it been between two proper opponents. As it is, the season is now over. Thus ends the first year under occupation from that bastard eastern league. I look forward to when the interlopers leave - for whatever reason - and Our League is restored.
by Pseudo
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very proud of my football club both on and off the field, we have been proven to be morally correct in voting no against AFL reserves and we have lifted our status and respect throughout the SANFL as a well managed, stable club with a group of committed team oriented footballers. We were beaten not the Port Magpies as we once knew them, we played Port Adelaide FC now the Power an AFL club, they must mothball their old striped jumper and wear the teal, this misrepresentation of the truth is fooling no one except maybe themselves. They boost loudly they are one club, one club doesn't have two different colours, known by two different names, wear different jumper designs, have two different club songs, two different club logo's.
by darley16
Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

thought he played some pretty reasonable footy for Port in 2014 before being dropped halfway through the year to make way for others.... The question isn't why Haren's gone, but why anyone else who's SANFL league standard would stay unless their name is Steve Summerton.

Playing SANFL reserves in a club's 3rd-tier side, with promotion to the club's 2nds (and re-relegation back to its 3rds) based more on the number of injuries in the AFL squad then the merits of their form, on significantly less coin than they could be getting anywhere else (going out on a limb and presuming that Port are following the rules), ain't exactly selling it. What happened with Biemans in the finals and then Bruggemann in the grand final was like a big advertisement: 'Hey, SANFL players! Go somewhere else!'
by SimonH
Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Hughes badly injured

valleys07 wrote:Feel for Sean Abbott. Can't describe what that bloke must be feeling right now.

I feel like Phil Hughes wouldn't hold any grudges towards Abbott

It's now crucial the cricket community supports Abbott which in itself will be a way to honour Hughes
by whufc
Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HICKS DECISION

There he was on a sporting shooters holidays in Kosova, Pakistan, Afghanistan and 27 other 'stans and was minding his own business when........
I wonder how many other people will say "I was over in Syria and Iraq on holidays & hitched a ride with these nice black flagged men in jeeps when....."
He was tried under a law that didn't exist - we all knew the US had f***ed that up
Doesn't mean he's a poor unfortunate soul doing nothing minding his own business
by Jimmy_041
Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where Are They Now ?

Still alive and FC is correct
by magpie in the 80's
Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |