Search found more than 1525 matches

Return

Re: Player movement 2017

The concussion(s) fro last year really took their toll. Came to us when we were rock bottom and helped us to move forwaard.

His mark at Peter Motley Oval last year as gutsy as you will see at any level.

As an aside, well done to the Sturt supporters who have stumped up again to continue this fine gesture. Well done.
by DOC
Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Trial Games

Thursday March 23
Port Adelaide v Sturt (Alberton Oval) 7.10pm

Sturt

League
Crowden, Carey, J. Hone, Hansen, F. Evans, Stephens, Sumner, P. Wilson, Beard, Colquhoun, Battersby, Page, Campbell, Penfold, Gilfoy, Parella, Read, Slimming, Crocker, Riley, Coleman-Jones, Mutton, Paprotny.

Reserves
Thiele, Veale, D. Wilson, Coulson, Hargreaves, Wildman, Zerk-Thatcher, Osborn, Moriarty, Edmonds, Hayden, Dodd, Hadden, Applebee, Haren, Bedford, McCatty, Telford, Fahey-Sparks, Callins, Musolino, Coomblas, Fielding.

Friday March 24
Norwood v Glenelg (Coopers Stadium) 7.20pm

Norwood

League
Dawe, Smart, Panos, Fuller, Bartlett, Terlich, Georgiou, Bampton, T. Forster, A. Forster, Nunn, Grigg, Richards, Jefferies, Bode, Bower, Giro, Wilson, Johnston, Roocke, Baulderstone, Kirwan, Viney, Shenton, Levicki, Giannini.

Reserves
Hartman, Pascoe, T. Charlton, Fahlbusch-Moore, Astbury, Pisani, Valente, Beilby, M. Coles, Carter, Phillips, L. Charlton, Di Stefano, Pedro, Breden, Richman, George, Siviour, Olsson, Jordan Miller, North, Hupfeld, Blades, Zeni, J. Richards, Carroll.

Glenelg

League
Agnew, Boyle, Bradley, Earl, J. Edwards, Fogarty, Hill, Howard, Joseph, Koster, Martini, McBean, McGinty, T. Milera, Montgomery, Nicholson, O’Keeffe, Sawford, Scharenberg, Scott, Sellar, Vitkunas.

Reserves
Bailey, Buchanan, Casey, Chalmers, Chichester, Denton, B. Edwards, Evans, Farquhar, Kennedy, B. McCarthy, McKay, B. Merrett, M. Merrett, I. Milera, Robinson, Schott, Slade, Snook, Strange, Sullivan, Trembath, Walker, Wong, Woolard.

Saturday March 25
Adelaide v Woodville-West Torrens (Football Park) 11.25am

Adelaide
Beech, Thompson, Lever, Gallucci, Wigg, Greenwood, Himmelberg, Signorello, Gore, Hunter, Dear, Keath, Jarman, Murphy, Wittwer, Launer, Altus, Oats, Hill, Tharaldsen.

Woodville-West Torrens
Jolly, Comitogianni, Johansen, Wundke, N. Hayes, Elsworthy, Boyd, Allmond, Borholm, J. Gaffney, McGregor, Thompson, Whittlesea, West, Summerton, Rowland, Goldsworthy, A. McPherson, J. Hayes, Lewis, Stewart, Sinor, Firns, Westbrook, Poole, Heinjus.

South Adelaide v North Adelaide (Hickinbotham Oval) 2.10pm

South

League
Ah Chee, Fields, Haines, Seccull, Crabb, Overall, Rose, Liddle, Davis, Haren, Cross, Barnes, Heaslip, Durdin, Hunter, Bass, Newell, Schwarz, Taylor, Moyle, Cailotto, Ellison, McMahon.

Reserves
Gotch, Szust, Rankine, Kappler, Mott, Raitt, Millman, Whimpress, Blackwell, Fairlie, Steele, Helyar, Need, Patterson, Albanese, Damon, Gillett, Neville, Harvey, Drew, McKinnon, Fitzgerald, Tyllis, Allevi.

North

League
Motlop, Appleton, Ramsey, A. Barns, C. Craig, McKenzie, Grove, Clisby, De Leonardis, G. Thring, Schwarz, Hender, Spina, Wundke, Wilkie, Virgin, Shannon, Ryswyk, C. Barns, J. Craig, Helyar, Harvey.

Reserves
Corbett, Wharton, Boles, Darrou, Davey, Gordon, Hayes, Olekalns, Minervini, Quinn, Kirk, McInerney, Sweet, Nixon, Ward, Lloyd, Wohling, Rozee, Driscoll, Kennedy, Rogers, Matsouliadis, Slade, Wilsdon, Woolford.

Central v West Adelaide (My Money House Oval) 2.10pm

Central

League
F: Goodrem, Butcher, Jenner
HF: Presbury, Holman, Edmead
C: Barmby, Hoskin, Hewett
HB: L. Habel, Broadwood, J. Furnell
B: Haydon, Collier, Prior

R: Hannath, Jansen, Glenn
INT: Claughton, Dew, Hanna, Llewellyn, T. Schiller, Stevens, Templeton

Reserves
Baldwin, Barreau, Boyle, Coleman, Costanzo, Dodd, Dunn, Eberhard, Falkenberg, Grieg, J. Habel, Hargreaves, Lehman, Matthews, Milne, Nason, Pilkington, Richardson, Russo, Stewart, Waldhuter, Walter, Weaver, Zobel.

West

League
Agostino, Batley, Beard, Burgess, J Evans, Favretto, Fielke, Green, Haysman, Hill, Karpany, Keough, Majok, Middleton, J. Noble, Peter, Rankine, J. Ryan, Schiller, J. Stevens, K. Stevens, Turner, Wasley-Black, Watchman, Wilson.

Reserves
Stidiford, Holliday, Bates, Pillion, Crump, Iannucci, Vassallo, O. Johnson, Waite, Scott, West, Smithson, L. Evans, Klemke, Goldner, Bottin, Carger, Inglis, Satanek, Hay, Halkias, Lynch, Winter, M. Noble, Heitmann, L. Ryan.
by DOC
Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Ruben Carter wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Erin Phillips quote "I'm so proud to be a crow"

Let's wait & see if she stays there when PA enter a team :D

Port have a team and shes good enough to play in it.
by DOC
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2017

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Just flicked it on

Jesus, what a start.....Looks like 300 today

Good get.
by DOC
Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 1

JK wrote:
DOC wrote:Now 8 goals. This can't be right.

I checked it when you first mentioned it and GC were $5.70 with Bris $1.not much, you using desktop or App?

AFL website showing Crownbet. And its still showing $3:15. Must be stuck.
by DOC
Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Trial Games

Saw Michael Wundke this morning. No pie jokes this year.
by DOC
Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 2017

I will have a crack at our side and see if the selectors agree:

Overall Davis Rankine
Barnes Haren McMahon
Schwarz Cross Liddle
Taylor Fields Newell
Rose Crabb Durdin

Bass Seccul Gotch

Haines Heaslip Ellison
by DOC
Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wests side looks bigger ....
by DOC
Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Leigh Ryswyk on his 200th. Admire most players who get to 200 in this day and age especially players at one club.
by DOC
Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not questioning him, questioning the system. Summerton is a fine player and been very loyal to Port.

Does a player such as Matthew Lobbe get credited with the game he plays for the Magpies against Glenelg? No.

The magpies are Ports reserve side. He will no doubt be credited with 200 league games this year.

My beef is with the hybridisation of the league standards that the retention of Port and the addition of Adelaide has brought to the league.
by DOC
Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2017

According to the TAB facebook page (which I can not access ATM), Ty Vickery is concerned over the governments announcemnt on the crackdown on unskilled workers ....
by DOC
Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 ( Keep it down in the expensive seats )

Clokes 200th game in Victoria. 160 at the MCG, 39 at Docklands and his first in Geelong?
by DOC
Fri May 19, 2017 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 6

JJ finished with 4 goals from 12 touches and 7 marks
Not bad after only 2 touches to the half
What a marvellous effort from a full time player on $650k against a part timer on $20k if they are lucky. And to do it against the worst team in the comp what a star!
Jim. Correct me if wrong but do not Essendon do the same, along with other AFL clubs in the VFL?
by DOC
Sat May 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17 (Boon in Bali)

Dermie and Jason calling the free to Dustin Martin as a new low in really poor umpiring . Cotchin, and Riewoldt will be close to the first fines for exaggeration .
by DOC
Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 22

Burgoyne too good to retire any time yet
by DOC
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

The Dark Knight wrote:
Brodlach wrote:3/37
Absolutely imperative they get Root cheaply now.

Yep. A cheap Root is always handy.
by DOC
Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Tour of Bangladesh

This is an excerpt from this mornings Crash Craddock column:

" Despite the shallow rhetoric spun during the players dispute, you can’t fool the fans.

They have no objection to stars like Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc or Josh Hazlewood lining their pockets with big contracts because they deserve what they get.

But when you have plodders like the Matthew Wade and Glenn Maxwell getting big bucks for being just plain average – or worse – it turns people off."

Yep. On the money.
by DOC
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals - Week 1

whufc wrote:Are games on tv

Both are on C7.
by DOC
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A very subdued Warner on display. Concentrating very hard in very a trying conditions. Chairs and Shade for drinks. Good idea.
by DOC
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reinforces how good Warners effort is as he has been on the field for every minute.
by DOC
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

Loved him as a player. One to watch.
by DOC
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

just watching the start of last nights game to see the anthem as per previous posts.

The Crows stared them down and would not move until GWS broke away. Similar to fast bowlers/batsman seeing who will look away first.

I think this will catch on.
by DOC
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 2

Out with food poisoning, probably got it from some old ham in Harry Taylor's bag.
by DOC
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More importantly, how is the crowd dressed tonight.
by DOC
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Motlops best game of the year?
by DOC
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No I do. My post was a question which Jim had answered but I had not seen.

Fitting to be chaired off. No doubt.
by DOC
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

carey wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Rory Sloane voted Most Courageous

You f**kers keep winning things and I'll throw up even more! ;)

Crows Supporters judged best dressed by leading Adelaide Fashion House, SWARM.
by DOC
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The top four teams make the preliminary finals.

What part if any will the bye play?
by DOC
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: India v Australia 2017 5xODI 3xT20

Handscomb will keep. He is no Matthew Wade, he is much better.
by DOC
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

Not sure if people know this but a group of Sturt supporters left after the reserves as they will not watch matches against Port or Adelaide.
by DOC
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

Did Australia insist that England have one?
by DOC
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Brodlach wrote:Three clubs have around a 15% salary cap reduction

Correct. South, West and Glenelg.

The SANFL think that by making their playing stocks weaker it will help them recover financially, by winning less games and drawing fewer people to their games.
by DOC
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

That is a fantastic story. Thanks for putting it on.
by DOC
Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

The Australian Public Service requirement is to be an Australian Citizen, with (as you point out) no restriction on also holding other citizenship. This is but one of the many strange employment restrictions in the APS, such as not being allowed to run for parliament.

The constitution , specifically S44, intends to ensure that those governing the country have no declared allegiance to any other country.

I will be the first to agree with you that Citizenship is not the defining point as to whether an individual has an allegiance to another power.

"Spys/Traitors" have never needed citizenship to foster that allegiance. Money will normally do it.
by DOC
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looooooooong Service Leave.
by DOC
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

its ok CM, I'm having a beer for ya
Mate on my 6th. Lamb on the Weber and bottle of Annie's Lane 2009 Cab Merlot ready to go.
Nice one CM. Annie's Lane do some very good work.
Every chance we will make short work of it Magellan.

Get any Annies Lane wines before they change. As of the next vintage (now) the grapes for this label will no longer come from the current vinyards. They are great value.
by DOC
Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

C9 commentators have spent the first hour discussing how bad a captain Root is. Now we have KP and Captain Mark Nicholas.

Time for a cold riesling and a punt at the local.
by DOC
Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

This decision was made by the SANFL, no club involement.

"Those" decisions, are a direct result of the boards of Norwood, Eagles, West, North, Glenelg and Sturt allowing the two AFL clubs into the league under their terms.

Not intended as a blight or slur against supporters of those clubs.
by DOC
Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cooks last innings at test level?
by DOC
Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A more inept display of putting covers on you will not see.
by DOC
Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perhaps a lone voice, but, Smith acts like many young captains and as yet can not control his outer being. He feels the pressure when leading the side and struggles with his emotions yet when batting is a picture of patience.

Some of you may never have seen Alan Border as a young captain but he was far more demonstrative than Smith has ever been.

We are about to be 3 blot and on our way to five bloody nil. Onya Smithy.
by DOC
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

And he salutes, good luck.
by DOC
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is well known that 82% of stats are made up.....
by DOC
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Footy Chick wrote:
GWW wrote:Anyone (FC?) know where "the local" RAA ad is filmed? In particular, the scene where they walk past the town hall.

I can ask at work for certain but I think it's Mt Gambier.
r

Mt Gambier, That is the Jens hotel in the background.
by DOC
Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

They have been caught telling porkies. I'd chop them .
by DOC
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Homebrew with Gnocchi and homemade sauce! Please.
by DOC
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should have read further: Its the thirds

Update:

There is also a new rule is introduced that if the batsman offers no shot and if he us given NOT OUT by field umpire and fielding team reviews it. And in this case if the impact is outside off then also Third umpire CAN make on field umpire to change his decision to OUT
by DOC
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Dining at home, steak on the menu, and have a choice of a cleanskin shiraz or a Gibson Dirtman 2016 Barossa Shiraz.

Bride has just announced she is having an AFD.

On first taste the Dirtman is quite good but I may need at least three more opinions.
by DOC
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Page 3 of todays paper.

CFS volunteers who saved a house during the Sherwood fire in the South East left a note to apologise for their dirty footmarks on the carpet.

It was the right thing to do said the CFS Captain, who at age 65 has been the Captain since 1976!

I say none of these men and women who volunteer for the sake of everyone else should pay the Emergency Services Levy. None.
by DOC
Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Yep. This money should be going to football in Australia.

"They will be living amongst aspiring tennis and soccer players at the IMG facility" Really? Only there for three days so hardly living. Expect diving, grunting and injury timeouts to be included in our game in the years to come.
by DOC
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |