Search found more than 1532 matches

Return

Re: 2023-24 NBL Season

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:What do we make of the ladder and only 3 wins from last to 3rd?

Or does it show Melbourne and Perth at moment are in a league of their own?

the latter for mine.
by DOC
Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

From my lounge chair.
by DOC
Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Average partnerships in Tests v AUS this summer
16.50 for the 1st wicket
24.37 for the 10th wicket
by DOC
Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023-24 NBL Season

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Tassie with a good win

Should/could have won by more.

Had a better percentage from 3 point territory than the 2. Almost unheard of. Outrebounded Melbourne by 20. Huge.
by DOC
Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

I may not watch it. For personal reasons.
by DOC
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

I have been noticing a lot more chem trails this week as well.
by DOC
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

John Dunn and Krystal Bishop have an astounding 31 horses nominated today at Port Lincoln.

Must be close to a record.
by DOC
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

The SANFL congratulates the outstanding South Australian volunteers in football who have today been awarded Australia Day Honours.

Sturt Football Club’s Nick Swingler was awarded a Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for his Services to Australian Rules Football, having been head trainer and medical co-ordinator for the Double Blues for more than four decades.

Nick works tirelessly with the Club’s medical team to get players ready for match day, with many players past and present owing their playing careers to his medical care. This will be Nick’s 45th year involved with the Club.

Joining Nick in receiving OAM Honours for Service to the Community, including Australian football, are Diane Ranck and Craig Scott.

Diane is a former Board member and volunteer with South Adelaide Football Club and was instrumental in establishing the Club’s now longstanding partnership with Flinders University.

Craig’s significant contribution to community football saw him named as South Australia’s Australia Day Citizen of the Year in 2021. A Past President and Life Member of Goodwood Saints Football Club, he was integral in the Club establishing its successful female football program, as well as developing its Inclusive team for players with intellectual disability.

The SANFL also congratulates South Australian Bruce Carter who has been awarded an Officer of the Order (AO) for his outstanding service to the business community and charity, but also for his contribution to community football as a field umpire for the Adelaide Footy League for more than 20 years.

Port Adelaide Football Club President David Koch also has been fittingly recognised as a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) for his Service to Media, including for his service to the Club since 2012.

We also congratulate and acknowledge all other volunteers in football across the State who have received awards for making a significant impact in their local communities.

2024 Australia Day Honours with a contribution to Australian Football in SA:

AO

Bruce Carter – Service to business, charity and the community, including 20-plus years as an Adelaide Football League field umpire.

AM

David Koch – Service to Media, with his career including service as President of Port Adelaide FC since 2012.

OAM

Nick Swingler – Service to Australian Rules Football, including 40+ years as Head Trainer/Medical Coordinator at Sturt FC.

Diane Ranck – Service to the Community, including as a volunteer with South Adelaide FC.

Craig Scott – Service to the Community, including as a Life Member and Past President of Goodwood Saints FC.
by DOC
Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

$6 the place, stuck on very well.
by DOC
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Booney wrote:Doomben 6 #14 Spirit of Giving black booker at $26.

60Kgs Heavy track, Not a great combo.

Also, #14 yet carrying 60kgs? :-?

Was an emergency . It is a set weight race so depends on age and sex.
by DOC
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Calling peanut paste peanut butter.

I have more.
by DOC
Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024 Ladder predictions

Adelaide
Port
West Coast
Fremantle
Sydney
GWS
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Geelong
Hawthorn
Carlton
Collingwood
St Kilda
Essendon
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
North Melbourne
Richmond
by DOC
Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:https://www.racing.com/news/2024-02-22/news-breeding-boofs-track-oodnadatta-to-caulfield

A good read.

And gets up at $20
by DOC
Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Highest ever 10th wicket partnership against NZ.

Credit also to Henry for 5/70 off 30 overs.
by DOC
Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round < 1

Good fight back by Carlton.

I think that is Amber and Armie in the stands with the Blues Brothers gear on.
by DOC
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cricinfo managed to get into the comments

Head Shoulders Arms
by DOC
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

What am I missing?

It was in the budget of 2017.

It was commissioned.
by DOC
Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Andrew Capel wrote this. I’m biased but this shows the good of football clubs and the perseverance of the young man.

It took a whopping 560 days between games and 13 months of physical and mental torture but South Adelaide footballer Zac Dumesny is finally back playing the sport he loves.
Last Saturday – 392 days since undergoing brain surgery – the 21-year-old former top AFL draJ prospect returned to the footy field amid liKle fanfare in what was a red- leKer day for him, his family and his SANFL club.
Wearing a helmet for the first Ome, Dumesny played all four quarters of a SANFL trial game for the Panthers against Woodville-West Torrens at Noarlunga Oval – just over a year aJer he underwent an eight-hour brain operaOon that leJ him virtually having to learn to walk and talk again.
When the popular Dumesny was lying in his bed at the Memorial Hospital last February, he thought his football career might be over.
Now he is sporOng a smile from ear to ear and dreaming big aJer safely negoOaOng his comeback game.
“It’s a preKy special feeling to be back playing again,’’ Dumesny told the Sunday Mail. “It’s something I never really expected aJer the surgery. In fact, if you’d told me that I’d get to this point I’d probably have laughed at you and thought it’s not realisOc.
“To look back at where I was then to where I am now, I’m just so proud and really can’t believe it.’’
Rewind 13 months and Dumesny – a Panthers product from ChrisOes Beach – had just survived a complicated, eight-hour operaOon to remove a brain tumour aJer he had seen a neurologist aJer being troubled by headaches for more than a year and a half.
An MRI revealed “a large cyst on my brain which had a tumour connected to it,” Dumesny said.
Prior to surgery, he was told that the operaOon could affect his ability to speak or walk

and there could be complicaOons. And then there was the threat of the tumour being malignant.
“The whole thing was preKy frightening, not knowing how things were going to turn out and hearing about all the things that could go wrong,’’ Dumesny said.
“It was a tricky operaOon and really scary but fortunately everything went really well.’’
The surgery on the back of Dumesny’s head – on February 4 last year – was supposed to go for three hours.
Instead, it was so complicated that it went for eight.
But the Dumesny family – Zac, mum Nicole, dad Duane and sister Chloe – got the news they had prayed for, that the tumour was benign.
“When I went in for surgery they weren’t certain whether the tumour was cancerous or not,’’ Zac said. “Thank goodness it wasn’t.’’
Dumesny – with support from his family and girlfriend Samantha Hiern – spent a week in hospital recovering before beginning his long and slow road to recovery.
With the operaOon deemed a success and his long-term prognosis good, Dumesny’s aKenOon quickly turned to playing football again.
In his AFL draJ year in 2020, the 187cm uOlity had been considered one of SA’s top draJ prospects aJer being a member of the AFL Academy and having played league football for South.
But he was surprisingly overlooked at the draJ, where Riley Thilthorpe (Adelaide), Lachie Jones (Port Adelaide), Corey Durdin (Carlton) and Luke Edwards (West Coast) were among the Croweaters to find AFL homes. Dumesny has never given up on his AFL dream and was determined to play football again.
“IniOally, it was almost like I had to learn how to walk and talk again,” he said of his rehabilitaOon program.
“Exercise-wise, it was basically three to four months of doing nothing because, as part of my recovery, I wasn’t allowed to get my heart rate up. That killed me mentally because I’m a very acOve person. The most exercise I was allowed was to go for a very slow walk along my local beach (ChrisOes Beach).

“AJer four months, I was able to incorporate a few more things, starOng with jumping on the exercise bike – at very low intensity – and then progressing to light weights and skill work around the footy club. Then I was able to start running again.’’
Just as Dumesny was making good progress, he had a setback. He suffered an abdominal hernia that required surgery, stalling his recovery for six weeks.
But his determinaOon to return to football, which his surgeon said was a possibility, never wavered.
Dumesny upped the ante with his training in November, was given the green light to join non-contact training in December and on February 4 – exactly a year aJer his surgery – he was given the medical all-clear to resume full training, provided he wore a helmet.
“That was a special day,’’ he said.
Dumesny played in an internal trial for South under lights two weeks ago – “I had a bit of trouble adjusOng to the lights, which will come with Ome,’’ he said – before being selected to take on the Eagles.
Playing at half-back, that was his first compeOOve game since round 19, 2022 – also against the Eagles at Noarlunga. “I don’t usually get nervous before games but I was preKy nervous last week,’’ Dumesny said.
“It was such a long build-up and so much work had gone into it. I was just hoping to get through the game and not really worrying too much about performance, but I felt really comfortable out there and played OK, which gives me something to build on.
“I sOll have some liKle ongoing issues, including balance, which will improve with Ome, but I’m just very grateful to be in the posiOon I’m in now. There was a Ome when I didn’t think I would play football again so ...
now that I’ve had a taste I want more.
“I’m sOll young and know I can get beKer and beKer and that it will take Ome to find my best form but I’m excited to see what comes.
“I’ve been playing football for preKy much my whole life, it’s what I know, and I want to challenge myself to play at the highest level I can.’’
Dumesny is studying speech pathology at Flinders University and said the work he had

done in his rehabilitaOon would put him “in the box seat to help others’’.
Coach Jarrad Wright hailed Dumesny’s comeback, describing it as “a great story’’.
“I’m unbelievably proud of him, not only from a football sense but just to be able to get back to full health,’’ he said.
“I remember siing in the hospital room with Zac post-surgery, which was a daunOng place to be, seeing what he had gone through and all the what-ifs... to watch him get beKer day by day and show such great determinaOon and perseverance that epitomises him.
“Watching Zac on the weekend, it didn’t look like he had missed 18 months of footy, which is a real credit to him.’’
by DOC
Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 1*

locky801 wrote:
DOC wrote:Richmond lose Josh Gibcus for the season with an ACL

Horrible start to the season.

any updates on Orazio, (asking for a friend)

Yes he has had a horrible start to the season as well.
by DOC
Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mots02 wrote:Without looking back on the chat, I’m assuming Armie put a lock on a Collingwood win?

Sydney with the comment that the hangover is real.
by DOC
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North looking better than ok. Perhaps down back not so but their mids and forwards have done well.

Good kicking is good football.
by DOC
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Collingwood fans booing their own team.
by DOC
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL ROUND 2

Not that it's going to make a difference but that goal was clearly touched, his ring finger clearly went backwards went contact was made.
Are the people in the video bunker as blind as the goal and boundary umpires? :?
What a schmozzle the AFL is at the moment.

Boundary umpires worst season ever. And there are four of them.

Goal umpires now only there to hold the game up.

As I type. Classic example of the useless goal umpire calling for a score review on a very easy decision.
by DOC
Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 MINOR ROUND LADDER PREDICTIONS

Glenelg
Eagles
Sturt
North
Centrals
Norwood
West
by DOC
Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tasmania Devils

I can’t see it making any difference.

The stadium is no certainty and no stadium no team.
by DOC
Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Channel 7 have just reported that Norwood “would like to be the 20th AFL club commencing in 2028.

I would like to date Megan Gale.

Same chance.
by DOC
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gather Round - Round 4 2024

So now you hit an opponent with your head, that is, you cause the contact, and you get a free.

FMD.
by DOC
Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 2024

Not an unexpected response to this
Guessing you put the seat down when you go to the loo?

I treat myself every now and then.

Poor form by Finlayson, deserves the fine he'll get.

I don’t mind sharing that I too put the seat down when using the loo.

Makes a bowel motion so much easier.

Yes Finlayson will probably get a fine. But I ponder.

Calling someone a nasty name (now) is met with a fine, perhaps a suspension or having to undertake some remedial practice.

But use as many illegal drugs as you like and claim mental health and there is no penalty.
by DOC
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5

MW wrote:
MW wrote:2nd week in a row someone thinks Crows are certainties...for what reason? They are shit. There is no omens or "they are due" here. Pure shit.

8)

Beating Armie at his own game.
by DOC
Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 Glenelg v Sturt

Pseudo wrote:Blues all over the Bays at 3/4 time.

30 minutes until we see a blues fan post on this thread....

I have texted SturtPeter and asked him and the other 12 regular Sturt posters to respond but he tells me that he was all of them…
by DOC
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |