Search found more than 1531 matches

Return

Re: Nvidia Shield $K HDR Android TV

The old K TEL man always had something else thrown in (ala the HDMI cable).
by DOC
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

As some know we had our trip to Bali cut short in March last year as my MIL's cancer suddenly got on top of her, we raced home and got to spend the last 24 hours with her. To get home the same day we had to fly via Perth and just paid whatever we needed to make it.

Anyway Ive been putting off contacting Jetstar about the return flights we never used, had some time today so got onto their live chat service, thinking Id have to fill out forms, send multiple emails etc just to get the value of the flights back, about $400.

After they asked a few questions and I uploaded the Death Certificate, it took about an hour, but they came back and said they are arranging a $1,000 credit for us to use and we will have the email in the first week of Jan. I was taken back cause the return flights only cost us $800, but then remembered that the flight we took from Bali to Perth was Jetstar and that cost us around $900 from memory, that was obviously considered.

They have copped a bad rap lately but well played Jetstar :)

Will use that to get back to Bali for Dec next year for our 50ths

Jetstar have a sale on at the moment, just booked December trip to Bali using voucher, cost us $500 out of pocket for 4 of us.

Normally very wet and very humid in December. .You will need to be by the pool drinking plenty to survive. Lucky it's your 50th.
by DOC
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

As good a reason as any.
by DOC
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

14 game season , each SANFL club plays each other twice. Port and Crows can play with themselves.

Home and away finishes last week in August.

Finals (top four) in September.
by DOC
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Up early this morning in order to join my fellow panic buyers during the protected shopping time of 7am to 8am. Quite a queue however but credit where its due, all shelves fully stocked and like everyone else was able to get enough of the staples to last for the next 2 weeks.

Well done Dan Murphys!
by DOC
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Best wishes.

Van come up alright with the wash,? Polish as well or is that tonight?
by DOC
Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

you eating the carton the beer comes in?
by DOC
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - Corona(man)virus, Spargo Flu & Booney Fever

RB wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Our skills are awful

I close my eyes every time Dow gets it
Not been a good week for Dow...

and Jones.

They are playing like the All Ordinaries
by DOC
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - Corona(man)virus, Spargo Flu & Booney Fever

Armchair expert wrote:Take away the half a dozen the maggots gave Richmond early we win that

Not with 23 tackles.

You had enough of it but not quite there, yet.
by DOC
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oldest son was supposed to be going on an Outdoor Ed camp to the Arapiles in Victoria tomorrow..

That's been postponed/cancelled...

We had church via Facebook live today... not often you can sit in church in your jocks eating bacon and eggs ...

Could get used to that...

:)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not often?
by DOC
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What you're watching/listening to/playing during lockdow

The Professionals and Streets are on YouTube.
by DOC
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

Dutchy wrote:Them and the Crows signed a 15 year agreement with the SANFL, they just can't walk away.

I look forward to Glenelg, North, West, Norwood, Sturt and the Eagles banding together to fight this.
by DOC
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From National Geographic:

By Debra Adams Simmons, HISTORY Executive Editor

If history is an indicator, we are in this for the long haul. In spite of our most fervent wishes to get outside and enjoy the rites of spring—college graduations, Mother’s Day, youth sports—life is unlikely to return to normal anytime soon. The great influenza of 1918, considered the deadliest pandemic in modern history, offers a social distancing roadmap for tackling today’s COVID-19.

After Philadelphia detected its first case of flu in September 1918, leaders warned people about openly coughing and sneezing, but ten days later the city hosted a parade attended by 200,000 people. The number of influenza cases continued to mount, and two weeks after the first case there were 20,000 more. Several cities (St. Louis's Red Cross motor poll is shown above) responded quickly and decisively—and had a strikingly lower initial death rate.

As the world grinds to a halt in response to the coronavirus, scientists and historians are studying the 1918 outbreak, which killed 675,000 Americans and from 50 million to 100 million people worldwide, for clues to the most effective way to stop the pandemic.

St. Louis strictly communicated and enforced social distancing, giving it one of America’s lowest urban death rates when the outbreak, known as the great influenza, swept the nation (and the world). Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, and Columbus, Ohio, did the same thing—and had lower death rates the first few months.

But that’s not the takeaway—because St. Louis relaxed. It declared victory too soon.

ScreenShot20200328at11.42.26PM.png
St. Louis deaths over time during the 1918 influenza
RILEY D. CHAMPINE, NG STAFF. SOURCE: MARKEL H, LIPMAN HB, NAVARRO JA, ET AL. NONPHARMACEUTICAL INTERVENTIONS IMPLEMENTED BY US CITIES DURING THE 1918-1919 INFLUENZA PANDEMIC. JAMA.
That second bump in this graphic above shows the influenza's tragic reoccurrence in St. Louis, writes Nat Geo’s Nina Strochlic. Death rates shot up, higher than before.

The lesson from history–don’t cave to a restless, pent-up, impatient populace; it could be fatal. Even as the beauty of spring comes into bloom, keep your distance!
by DOC
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

The chems.

You will find under the sink the pipe will go down then bend up again. THis is removable and can be cleaned manually. place a towel and/or a bowl under as it will leak a little.

It will be a grey to black sludge with hair, Enjoy!
by DOC
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This rain
by DOC
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

SACA members can get Wirra Wirra Adelaide Shiraz or Scubby Rise Sav Blanc for $120 per dozen delivered.

Bargain.

Edit: Looks like you can just order it without having to be a member. Just go to the Wirra Wirra website
by DOC
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1982 preliminary final

If you were on service in a state other than your home state, then you could play without needing a clearance.
by DOC
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

looks like Warners scores going into and during the ashes
by DOC
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Give him the virus and see if his lava lamp cures it.

No one loses.
by DOC
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Why they made it so when heading north on Pt Wakefield road at Waterloo Corner you have to turn off Pt Wakefield road at Waterloo Corner rd to get on the Northern expressway to go to Gawler. Would have thought it would be better for traffic flow to have it the way it was.
I feel your pain, I guess they didn't want to make Port Wakefield Road redundant plus it would've cost a shitload more as it is already a dogs breakfast at that part.

Alternatively, turn left at Bolivar Road on to the connector, that's what I do, Heaslip Road is quiet as now too.
I must make time to have a look at this area when restrictions are lifted.
It is years since I've been north of Prospect, except to the Yacht Squadron via Tapleys Hill Rd.
(No I don't have a yacht, but some of my friends do, and my 88 year old new mother in law does ...)

I had been planning to drive through the area and on up to Moonta, where I have cousins I haven't seen for a while, before the COVID-19 thing hit us.

Is she single? Asking for a friend.
by DOC
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

No SANFL in the AFL thread.
by DOC
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do they speak English or Gaelic?
by DOC
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Central District captain Luke Habel says he would “feel sick in the guts” if any SANFL club went under due to the impact of the coronavirus crisis.

That is why the first-year Bulldogs skipper has not only made a significant contribution to his own club’s fundraiser, but generously donated to the seven other stand-alone teams as each battles the financial hardship of no football.

Habel was reluctant to put his own name up in lights but told The Messenger his selfless act came down to his love for the competition.

“I would feel sick in the guts even if one of the teams had to fold,” said Habel, who works as a schoolteacher.

“I’m passionate about the SANFL like a lot of people are and anyone that’s been involved in footy or sporting clubs knows it doesn’t matter what walk of life you’re from, you’re a unified collective from players to volunteers to supporters.

“It’s like a second home or an outlet to everyone. It affects so many people.

“I’m not one for public notification, I donated because the SANFL competition has been so good to me and I don’t want other people to lose the opportunities like its given me.”

So far Central’s “Never Yield” campaign has raised more than $52,000 from 370 donations and Habel said the response from Dogs supporters and wider SANFL community was heartening.

Central District chief executive Kris Grant hoped the captain’s generosity would inspire SANFL supporters to get behind their own clubs and others.

“We need eight SANFL teams to come out of this, it’s absolutely vital,” Grant said.

“The issue we still have is the unknown and the longer this goes the harder it gets.

“We’ve still had people coming in for memberships and home match tickets, knowing there may not be any football.

“It’s really heartening to know there's diehard supporters out there willing to do that.”

West Adelaide is another club which has put the call out for financial help with its “Keep the Pack Running” campaign.

The Bloods have so far raised more than $20,000 of their $50,000 target from 127 donations.

Meanwhile North Adelaide, Glenelg, Sturt, South Adelaide and Woodville-West Torrens have also set up online pages for those wanting to donate.

Norwood is selling a range of merchandise based around the club’s Latin motto “Fortis in Procella” – strength in adversity.
by DOC
Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Adelaide champion Joel Cross claims the vast majority of players would forgo payments to enable the financially challenged SANFL clubs to start the season.

The dual Magarey Medallist said money was not the motivating factor for most players in the state league and they were driven by a “love” for the game and a desire to play at the highest level they could achieve.

And while he said many players would be prepared to play for nothing, he understood there were those who needed the income and could be paid.

“I have a job (Flagstaff Hill Golf Club chief executive) so it is not a big deal for me, playing for nothing,” Cross said. “It would not concern me whatsoever.

“However, a lot of people who join the competition from interstate, like I did, rely on that income when you first come over. A certain number of people can get that opportunity to be paid.

“It is about playing the game. The vast majority of the playing group would play for nothing, would be happy to. For some people though, it is a financial challenge.”

The subject of playing for no pay was discussed by club captains at a video meeting also involving the SANFL and coaches.

The state league clubs, which rely heavily on game day revenue, have been hit hard financially after licenced facilities were ordered shut.

However, with the possibility of fans being banned from games when the season starts because of COVID-19, the clubs will lose a vital revenue stream. That has prompted senior players to make the call on no payments.

“At South Adelaide, we would certainly play for nothing,” Cross said. “We just want to play, get out there and enjoy ourselves.

“No one plays in the SANFL for the money, they play for the love and being the best they possibly can, have the best facilities and coaches. The money is just something on the side for the majority.

“We just want to get the season going. You miss seeing the boys and having that camaraderie. Training is hard work sometimes, but you certainly miss it when it is not there.”

The SANFL season has been postponed until at least May 31, although chief executive Jake Parkinson said it was working towards providing a more detailed update on matches and training by the end of April.

“This will include what a season could possibly look like for both state league and community football,” he said.

“We are working through what’s possible, exploring a range of modified fixtures and preparing modelling around innovative alternatives in our endeavours to get a season underway in 2020.”
by DOC
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Why does the AFL and the NRL for that matter think they will be or should be exempt from travel restrictions and social distancing that we all are required to abide by?

Any premier that relaxes the restrictions without making it available for everyone will be voted out and I think they know that and will not allow it.
by DOC
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: All AFL Teams Team

F Brodlach (AD) Booney (PA) CoronaMan (HAW)

HF Amber (CARL) Jim05 (ESS) Saintal (StK)

C Jase (WB) Spargo (NM) Q (COLL)

HB Wubsy (SYD) DavidBrent (RIC) Spangas (BRIS)

FB BumCrack (GEE) Stan (WC) FreoHeaveHo (FRE)

R No (MEL) Firkin (GWS) Idea (GWS)
by DOC
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Snook

Bekind23 wrote:I heard today Matty snook off to north Adelaide to play with good mate Lewis bender

Welcome back MickeyJ.
by DOC
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

When no matter how hard my wife tries, she just can’t make a better potato bake than me.
Even our kids (whom always side with her) rate mine better hands down.
Those men out there who are married will understand - it’s the little wins...

Be prepared for a bake off?

I am happy to judge (masterchef style) with two others and a crowd in the gallery (socially distanced of course).
by DOC
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: longest winning streaks, every team v every team

Booney wrote:
spell_check wrote:I hope this is correct:

5 streaks of 20 ore more wins and Port have 3 of them.

South didn't beat Port from '68 - '79?

Only in the league....
by DOC
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jack Oatey Medallists

Don't think he played league but was certainly an under age player at Torrens. Perhaps reserves.
by DOC
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Each to their own.
I have a 38kg Dalmatian lap dog :lol:
We have a dog flap so he can go in and out as he pleases but when we are home he chooses inside 100% of the time. When we are not home, he's got a choice between outside or laundry (where the dog flap goes into).

I love dalmations - the Patful family had a dalmation called Dougal, he was a serial humper :lol:

My dally is a champion. They are getting more common but each time I walk him there would be minimum 2-3 people say "oh look, a Dalmatian!" and any kid that sees him wants to pat him cause of the movie.

I tried to buy a 101 Dalmations coloring in book for the kids but every copy was already filled in.....
by DOC
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

This one should be very popular on here:

Keyboard+Warrior.png
by DOC
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am like a giddy schoolboy waiting for the 1964 installment.

I really enjoy reading both RIG's and MAL's posts and thank both of you for the time that you put in.

The glasses might be rose colored but give me the old style SANFL any day. Blokes went to work and were part of everyday life.
by DOC
Sat May 02, 2020 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good questions MAL to which I do not know the answers.

RIG.

Thanks for such a detailed account.

South award their best first year player the David Kantilla Memorial Trophy .
by DOC
Sun May 03, 2020 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BOXING History + Stories

VERY surprised Joe BUGNER not mentioned yet.
by DOC
Mon May 04, 2020 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With the AFL now in Ports control , I would like to know if the AFL deliberately not allow a Crows reserves team in the SANFL? It may turn out that neither franchises aren't part of it but I would not write off a 9 team competition next year. It changes quickly.
It will make it very interesting as I cant see an AFL reserves competition.

That is news, Booney and LMA will be smug.
by DOC
Wed May 06, 2020 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

My wife going back to work
by DOC
Fri May 08, 2020 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 150th Anniversary

He is his father,
by DOC
Thu May 07, 2020 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Dutchy wrote:I would suspect a requirement would be to have the COVID app on your phone.

No app no entry.
by DOC
Fri May 15, 2020 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

I still like the nicest name. Best system there is. Works well for the horses too.
by DOC
Sat May 16, 2020 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Corona Man wrote:Bosustow stiff?

Perhaps they had a criteria of 100 games or so?

I would have squeezed Mark Naley in.

Peter Dean and Tom Alvin probably close but you can't select them all.
by DOC
Mon May 18, 2020 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

Angle Park

R5-1 looks slight unders. But should run top 2.
R6-6 the draw is the only concern for me.
R8- 2 should win if you can get $2.10
R10-2 should win if you can get $2.15
R11-4 think is worth a punt at $2.60
R12-4 is a lay for mine.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Five winners. Good tipping.

Hope the last did not cost much.
by DOC
Tue May 19, 2020 1:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1964 - 1990

The Big 4 were dubbed so as they had the largest attendances and thus $$$$

Thursday night was always the Panthers Disco at St Marys , especially with Brenton Roberts aka the Gary Numan show.

Fun Fact: A mate worked at South behind the bar and upon opening the club on a Friday morning discoverd one Grenville Dietrich under the 8 ball table (early 80's) . A natural talent if ever there was one.
by DOC
Tue May 26, 2020 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MAL

Do not worry about it. These musings from you and RIG and Fourth Estate etc are great reading and the cause for many fond memories.

More importantly, in 1968 what were you doing overseas as a very young man? Cricket scholarship?
by DOC
Wed May 27, 2020 12:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The "new vision" of the 64 GF that has surfaced (see SANFL History Forum).
by DOC
Wed May 27, 2020 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1964 - 1990

Always thought it was like that horse race, the MALBOON cup!
by DOC
Wed May 27, 2020 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:(Apparently)

2020 $1.4m
2021 $1.5m
2022 $1.0m

I'd keep fronting up for rehab if i was Buddy.

Another strike?
by DOC
Wed May 27, 2020 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Between Verdun and Balhannah is another one. Bought apples there yesterday and they have home made pies, jams etc.
by DOC
Fri May 29, 2020 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One thing I don;t get: , do listen to MSM or don;t listen to MSM?

Another thing: Does six or more question marks make it more of a statement and less of a question?
by DOC
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |