Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

I just heard that Adam (Nadsy) Edwards came up 3rd in the mail medal the other night. Congrats to him. Good to see him get some acknowledgment for all the hard work he puts in. A quality player, leader and bloke.
by youngpace
Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

On the junior front. Is it correct that two Central Div clubs have two 13's side. Which were put into a re arranged Country Div fixture, despite country having a full draw of their own 13's? I think in this situation the Central teams should fit into the Central comp, as they are not aiding (as in the past) but hindering Country with these extra teams.
by youngpace
Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Best tread carefully Legs ol matey. These who is who games are what can turn this forum to B... S... at times. Just keep up the on point comments and constructive chatter.

I reckon Jesse should be focused on playing. Not just because it's great to have him back at the Dee's. He is around 25. Far to young to be giving up playing to coach, can spend a lot longer coaching at a high level then you can play.
by youngpace
Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Agree whole heartedly YP !
The issues have certainly now been highlighted and need addressing.
It can only be done though if the clubs get together and sort this out WITHOUT any direction or recommendation by the HFL or CFL thus allowing an outcome that can't be questioned and works for all the clubs involved.
Does the possibility of becoming an independent league/ competition come into consideration allowing this process to occur?
The onus of responsibility also becomes that of the participating clubs which makes sense as they are the competition.
Happy to have a mediating hierarchy still - but the decision making capacity needs to be abolished fully via our constitution.
Unless this occurs it won't happen as history is telling us.
Let the clubs provide our future path and competition makeup.
I'm not sure if I agree with all of this. The problem we have had for years is that the clubs generally only want what is best for them in the present. And if this continues, then you will never have the correct decisions being made for what is best for the league in the future .
I believe the decision needs to be taken out of the clubs hands and into an dependant body whose aim is to make decisions in the best interest of the whole league.
I understand that this will be difficult but the review that was done in Aug 2014 by the four independent guys came up with very similar things I have said.

In response to youngpace, when will be the right time to remove all the gaps in the colts draws (remove all the clubs without 4 teams) to try and regain the quality of div 2? Do we wait until they end up like Callington or Sed/Camb?
Maccy haven't had Sen Colts since 2010 and have only had 1 out of 3 colts teams in the last 2 seasons.
Gum aren't as bad and would expect them to bounce back and have fielded 2/3 colts teams in the last 3 seasons.
Sed/Camb have never fielded sen colts and last fielded jun colts in 2011.
Unfortunately I can't see this improving for Maccy or Sed/Camb in the near future unless something drastic is changed to the Div 2 age groups like U18's and U14's.

This also has great merit. I have said before on here "the league is semi pro and thus needs professional direction and management" In other words it needs someone running the show, making the hard calls like you say. A paid staff who have the business and social qualifications for it.
I am definitely of the belief that due to clubs personal interests and motives decisions have been made outside of the best interest of footy in the past.
Strewth! I didn't realize that about Maccy. I have a soft spot for them, as I recall some real tough years in juniors at Echunga numbers wise and now look at where we are (noted we are still having to work hard on junior participation). I am also repeating myself when I say the long term fix to the balance of the league starts with balancing the junior comp out.
by youngpace
Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |