Search found 362 matches

Return

Re: Mankad?

I reckon one warning by the bowler and its fair game.

"Leave your crease again and you can keep walking"
by MatteeG
Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

The Dark Knight wrote:Read a bit about Hugh Glass aswell,

Had to look twice, thought you said this bloke!

by MatteeG
Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

carey wrote:New chick at work, Massive rack.

Genuinely made me LOL. Getting strange looks now...
by MatteeG
Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Memories of TV and Radio Coverage

Ian Day with his "stacks on the mill" reference, plus his call during a state game that ended in "What an absolute ball-tearer"!!
It seemed like four out of every five goals scored whilst Daisy was commentating were "brilliantly done".

And a decent second effort was met with "He butters up again.."

Just fantastic. Him and Peter Marker were my favourite commentators.
by MatteeG
Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division I 2016

Sorry lads- must not have completed the joining process! In now. Cheers.
by MatteeG
Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Failed Creation wrote:True story: I had to give myself an enema last night.

Mission accomplished.

by MatteeG
Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

HH3 wrote:
The Sailor Jerrys was made well.

Managed to get the rum and coke in the glass did they?
by MatteeG
Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2016

Well that was better.

Much better intensity by all- Lewis, Smith, Duryea all much improved this week.

The skills started pretty scratchy but cleaned up as the game went on.

Really happy for the new Brigade. Langers got a heap of it, Litherland looked composed, Hartung had his best game yet. Howe looked comfortable although he didnt get a heap. Really good signs from Sicily, started to back his judgement and play his natural game. A few harsh judges on some other footy pages noted he had a squib moment or 2 last week, but no such thing this week. Keep em all in!

Mitchell and Gibson superb. Your 3 and 2 vote getters right there for Brownlow votes. Reckon Gunston was very good too, worked hard up and down the field. Rucks did well, once again showing up Nic Nat. Frawley excellent down back too.

...and how good was it seeing Gibbo finally get his first goal for the hawks! Crowd really roared that one home!

WCE were pretty flat it has to be said. Due to us? Possibly, but they rarely looked in the game.

Really impressed, looking forward to this week against the doggies. They own Etihad at moment, be good to see how we cope with a quick deck and a quick team.

Shiels possibly back, no idea who comes out. May be a raffle drawn at selection this week.
by MatteeG
Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Better known as...

JK wrote:If wre including Rexisms:

The Golf Ball
Red
Hotel

Yellow Brick Croad was always my favourite!
by MatteeG
Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Animus wrote:Round 2 tips, on ladder positions:

Sharks over Flies @ Reynella

LMAO
by MatteeG
Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Late overview of last week:

Wow. What a cracking game.

The start was just what we wanted, put the doubt in the young dogs minds. Full credit to the dogs though, they wrestled the ascendancy through the second quarter (and probably should have been in front at half time- gees they missed some sitters).

Third quarter from about the 10 minute mark we were absolutely smacked around the ground, yet somehow remained only 3 goals away. I was strangely calm at 3/4 time- you could see we werent quite done.

Last quarter, a great start had us back in the game pretty quickly. Sicily bobbing up and our rucks plucking grabs. Thought we could have iced the game when we got 10 or so points up with about 5 mins to go, but again credit to the dogs, they got instant replies and even after Sicily kicked the winner they still surged forward and was only some desperate defence held it in at the end.

Loved the games from Mitchell and Stratton, clearly our 2 best on the day. Hartung and Smith were down on last week. I reckon O'Rourke was a bit stiff to get dropped this week, and I think Gibson and Shoenmakers were somewhat hampered by niggles through the game. Our ruck combo looks to be improving and if Cegs could start kicking straight (FFS!) we have quite a dangerous duo when they go forward.

Hopefully we can stay switched on this week against a buoyant Saints outfit which boast some size and run.
by MatteeG
Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gotta admit, some of those "Hawthorn Free Kick" Memes getting around are pretty bloody funny. Noone wins or loses a game because of umpires, and I think most people know that, it just stings late in a game if you feel your team didn't get the rub of the Green.

Scary to think how good the Hawks were last season when it mattered, and that was without the luxury of the early wins they have this season. If they manage players well and avoid any serious injuries, hard to see them not making it 4 on the trot.

On the Hawks Facebook account : :lol:

Pretty hard to argue with that evidence.

Best Hawks comeback was this one:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xta1/v/t1.0-9/13083380_10204545483631850_9035967267159915196_n.jpg?oh=68cde386e20a380ea6df6cbe3c1ed4a6&oe=5774E79B&__gda__=1470391254_9f05725527c0e94309d62b673daef0f7

MatteeG may have had a hand in that one ;)
by MatteeG
Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Rankings Thread 2016

Rik E Boy wrote:Team Rankings Round 12

Missing seven teams from Hogg Division I.

regards,

REB

Thats quite OK REB :oops:
by MatteeG
Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Magnificent wins by Flaggies A's and Bs on the weekend.

As an old falcon who never experienced a single win against the Vikings it warmed the cockles...
by MatteeG
Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Snuck a round up at Royal Pines while on holiday on the Goldy. Managed an 84 with an 8 and a 7, so was pretty stoked. I would have taken that hire set home if I could have, particularly the driver (Titleist) and the Odyssey putter, both of which were super.

Played with some fellas who could seriously hit the ball which helped I reckon.

Also played using one of those laser rangefinders. Always thought they were pretty poxy, but gees they help when the greens are so big.
by MatteeG
Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and Worst of 2016

Somehow my mob is 2 games clear despite dishing up a hell of a lot of ordinary through the year.

Dislikes:
Deliberate (out of bounds). I dont see why the game 'needs' the ball consistently moving. If a bloke is under pressure in the backline and mongrels a ball 40m forward to get a throw in that is good play in my book. Only the blatantly obvious (eg player bee-lines for the boundary) should be paid. The boundary throw in is another unique part of our game which we seem hell bent on getting rid of.

Deliberate (points)- Are we the only code that penalises a team scoring for the opposition? If we wish to 'stop' it, maybe increase the score of a deliberately rushed point. We seem to simply be penalising teams who are able to better able to kick in from full back.

Holding the ball (where the bloke on the bottom 'drags it in'). Been a bug bear of mine for a while now. If 3 or more blokes stack on it should automatically be a ball up (if they are all from the same team then they should get pinged for time wasting :) ). If someone drags it in then the opposition need to simply hold the guernsey and stand above (remember when players used to do that). This will force yet enable the player with ball to dispose or get pinged.

50m penalty. Way too harsh for minor infringements. Bring in the SANFL 25.

Thursday night football- destroys footy tips, fantasy football and kids sleeping patterns. Piss it off.

Bye before finals- piss it off. Stupid.

3 'bye' weeks. Piss it off. Have 5 games one week and 4 the next half way through. Easy.

Rookie lists etc- piss them off. Have a squad of 45-50. All eligible to play at any time.

Centre bounce- piss it off. Love the Romanticism of the big centre bounce but as so few umpires can do it, its time for a throw up in the Centre.

Fixture. Please do not allow clubs to 'request' games/match ups etc. Wheel out the draw based on performance if you have to, but please dont further compromise if by 'having' to fit 2x Ess v Coll, a Rich v Carl season opener, 2 x derbys etc. A good match up will draw regardless. And please stop trying to guess what a 'high rating' Friday night game might be. If someone had said a GWS v Adelaide match up would be a ball burster at the start of the season you may have been laughed at- but low and behold....

Can I keep going?
by MatteeG
Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and Worst of 2016

Yep I'm happy with that. Would rather that than the lottery that the current system is sometimes.

It would do more to speed up the game than a lot of other measures they have tried.

Seems like it has worked OK in the SANFL but people who have watched a lot more than me are better placed to comment on that

Just throw the thing in. FFS.
by MatteeG
Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The meh/not good/not bad movies

Bored last night and a movie came on Foxtel called Man Up .. Turned out to be a RomCom with Simon Pegg (who Im not usually a fan of) but Lake Bell was in it (she'd be on the laminate card) so was happy to give it a go. Wasn't a bad flick, had a few pretty funny moments. And did I mention Lake Bell?

Started watching this at lunch time but had to go back to work. Looked OK. So did the movie.
by MatteeG
Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Indubitably, round 20.

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Cats won't win the flag.
Straight sets

Can always count on MT for a reverse psychology post!!!
by MatteeG
Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:New handicap sits at 27.5

Burglar... :lol:
by MatteeG
Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Dark Side...leads to evil it does young Jedi

With Adelaide and Sydney looking like locks for a top four spot the unthinkable might occur over the last two weeks of the season. I reckon Hawthorn and Geelong will have a temporary truce and actually barrack for their arch rivals to win their last two games. What the?? @-)

With Geelong as flaky as Keith Richards' skin and the Hawks relying on fewer than they used to in their glory years I think both sides would fancy their chances against the other at the G in the Qualifying Final. If the Hawks could order an opponent it would be Geelong. I don't think the Hawks would like to face up to GWS Giants on the large ground with their running power and Sydney has already beaten Hawthorn in Melbourne this year and the Crows are in bloody good form also.

As for the Cats, a trip to Sydney would certainly not be on the wish list after they flogged us at Cat Park and a trip to Adelaide is never an easy one even if the Cats did get the job done in May. You'd think Geelong would rather play in Melbourne against the Hawks. So could it be that Hawks fans will be hoping Geelong win and that Geelong fans would be hoping for a Hawk victory?

Beware the Dark Side Young Jedi, leads to evil it does!

regards,

REB

I think both sides of the argument just threw up a bit.

:D
by MatteeG
Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep they are spending some coin on keeping it maintained whereas they weren't a couple of years ago.

I played there on Friday arvo and you wouldn't have known we had 30 or MLS on the Wednesday arvo

I was meant to play there Sunday morning but Flaggies won the flag, and I 'had' to attend that... :drinkers:
by MatteeG
Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SFL Grand Final Day Competition - win a stubbie holder!

Look Good In Leather wrote:Looking for back-to-back stubbie holders!

Flagstaff Hill
Reynella Black
Brighton Districts and Old Scholars
Christies Beach
Flagstaff Hill

Well done LGIL. At least I managed to split it with you this year!
by MatteeG
Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2016

Wedgie wrote:[Ruggles/inanimate rod/Blitz/Duncan

In Rod we trust!
by MatteeG
Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Work Christmas Dinner in Adelaide- Suggestions?

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Restaurant section

Yep- bit late for the Beer garden etc
by MatteeG
Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Having a bad day REB? ;)

REB still hasn't come to terms with Geelong's trade period :lol:

Now now Dutchy no teasing about Aaron Black. or Vickery for that matter... [-X
by MatteeG
Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Brodlach wrote:Word is that Ricky Henderson is Hawthorn bound

Christ between him and Vickery it is starting to look like a potato farm.
by MatteeG
Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

RB wrote:Khawaja out for 97.

Is it just me or does the 3rd umpire asking 'Can you rock and roll that please?' get on other people's nerves too?

Nah- the whole DRS gets on my nerves. I'd love us to piss it off like India quite frankly.
by MatteeG
Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:Siddle having back scans now. Any chance any of our bowlers can play 2 tests in a row these days?

"Scans". Is that Rod Marsh for "No changes, (except where forced)"??
by MatteeG
Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well- it wasnt too bad down at Compass, considering the onslaught we received the night before.

Mercifully, we played a 2 ball Ambrose which was well received!

Game- Drove well, putted OK. Chipping and short irons again disappointing. Unfortunately me and my partner continued to hit good shots at the same time (and bad ones!). Came off with a 76 less our 7.25 handicap. Only 2 holes worth of sideways rain, but a constant drizzle most of the morning.

Course- Fairways good, rough as unforgiving as ever. Unfortunately the greens had been cored very recently and were lumpy, sandy and very long/slow. At one point I marked my ball on the green and had the marker actually covered by grass- I had to stand above it to see it. This coupled with the water around made the greens incredibly slow.

I have no problems with cored greens, but I reiterate there has to be some sort of discount when playing during this time. Takes a lot of enjoyment out of the game for me. $40 to put on something no better than my front lawn shits me.
by MatteeG
Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

am Bays wrote:
Knew I was opening the door to a Booney sledge when I replied.....

LOL. I'd say you smashed the whole front of the house down.
by MatteeG
Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:but was ineligible to win they comp as it was Red Rooster day and he didn't wear Red!

What a cock 8)
by MatteeG
Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Listening to this dumb chick at work talk to herself all day every day, flirt with everyone and her annoying fake laugh at the the end of every sentence despite there being no attempted humour by either party.
I've told my partner that she's banned from conversing with her at our work show on Saturday evening.

But is she hot? 8)
by MatteeG
Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grahaml wrote: With an attack featuring Starc and Hazlewood as headlines, Bird is a nice point of difference who hopefully can adapt to suit conditions.

I disagree. I reckon Bird and Hazlewood are both inferior McGrath clones. A right arm bowler who can swing the ball would be a point of difference IMO.
by MatteeG
Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 season wrap

Hawthorn: Given a massive leg up by the maggots early in the season and as a result they topped the table until late in the season. Naturally when the maggots stopped helping them this bunch of front runners fell into a hole. Lovely stuff.

Umpires: Didn't notice them all year, honestly.

regards,

REB

Arthur or Martha REB?
by MatteeG
Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Jarmers at Bowden.

Went among a group of 7 adults and 3 children for lunch on Sunday afternoon.

Food was exceptional, and better priced than I'd thought it would be.

We shared a couple of boards to kick off with, included Olives (puke), Duck croquet type things, Arincini Balls and grilled Chorizo. All good in the hood!

For Main I went with a Chilli Crab Linguine that was outstanding, and at $24 pretty reasonably priced I reckon. I couldn't finish it all, so whilst not a big eater, it was a solid serving size.

There was plenty of Wine and Champagne for the girls, and Beers and Bourbon for the lads. Bill came to about $450, but the grogs took that so high. Everyone loved their food.

Now to the establishment itself .. We had a table in a separate/secluded section, in what was an awesome setup. The kids played on the free totem tennis sets outside before we came in, and no sooner had we sat down than the staff delivered cookie dough. rolling pins and sprinkles (M&M's etc) for the kids to design their own cookies, that were baked for them not long after. They were provided with board games and colouring sets. The staff could not have been more helpful and were great for a bit of banter - Even chucked the Cricket on the Telly for us whilst downing a few post-meal ales.

I seriously could not recommend this place more highly - Easily the best dining experience of 2016 for us. They have such a great committment toward family values, and all seemed invested in the ethos of old man Jarmer the original founder.

Rating 9.5/10 (And the only reason I can't give a 10 is in case something better comes along)

Menu: http://jarmerskitchen.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Food-Menu9220161.pdf

We go there regularly for (work) team lunches- have to agree, very nice.
by MatteeG
Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West Adelaide Financial Situation

Big Phil wrote:The reality is that the Club owns its clubrooms and the land it occupies.

Gees that'd be sweet.
by MatteeG
Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5: Glenelg v Adelaide - Sunday 24 April @ Gliderol

MatteeG wrote:
Dutchy wrote: Sam Shaw couldn’t be considered due to concussion.

Is this bloke in some strife? I reckon he's missed a few games with concussion over the past couple of seasons.

Seems I was right. Poor bloke.
by MatteeG
Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Dogmatic wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Couldn't find another media thread
Confirmed that Hutchy will take over from Brayshaw on TFS.
Not that I watched every week but can't see me watching it at all now

It gets worse, BT replacing Cometti.

BT would be better if he called the game like he does on radio:

by MatteeG
Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Work Christmas Dinner in Adelaide- Suggestions?

Updates?

Excellent MT79. Highly recommend.

Food was great, drinks range and price were good.

Only fault was maybe the food took a while to come out (Entree), but once it started it flowed well.

Looking at re-booking there for next year, may try for one of the function areas depending on our staff levels.

Cheers again for your help!
by MatteeG
Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Oval Overhaul

Hopefully they make it a 23 mill development and absorb the current hole.
by MatteeG
Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hawthorn 2017

After a reasonable fist of defending the 3 peat we fell down late, a lack of ball winning and winning big forward probably the main reasons, and a lack of pace through the midfield as some of the champs of the past 5 years started to slow.

The loss of Ceglar on the eve of finals certainly didnt help.

Now the list for 2017 is finalised:

Outs:

I'm still pissed about Sam Mitchell leaving, reckon he had 18 months of decent footy left. By all reports a 5-6 year deal at WCE for playing/coaching, if true you cant pass that sort of offer up. Absolute champ.

Jordy Lewis off to the Dees- While sad to see another champ leave, there is no way he has 3 years of top footy left. He looked almost done toward the tail of this year before pulling out a special effort v the cats in the first final. If he is still racking up 30 half way through 2018 I'll eat my words.

Hill off to Freo- we knew this was happening early in the year, his run will be missed, and his skills hitting targets at pace cant be undersold.

While surprised to see Litherland delisted- he hasnt grabbed an opportunity, and the fact he wasnt picked up by anyone else means maybe I saw more there than there is. Most of the other delistings weren't real shocks.

Ins:

Jaeger O'Meara- No pressure son. If he gets back anywhere near his best its boom. If not, a mighty bust. I wont be looking for much from him until at least June.

Tom Mitchell- Great pickup. If he embraces being one of the main men in the midfield he could improve again on his output the past 18 months/2 years. We sorely needed a younger contested beast.

Ty Vickery- If he competes hard, clunks a few and kicks straight I'll be happy. Wont hold my breath.

Ricky Henderson- Never liked him at the cows, thought he was very average. But maybe that was because he was a crow. Solid depth for the Wing/Half back spots.

Big Rough- If he gets back on the park its a win. Anything near what he is capable of and we have 'recruit' of the year.

Overall- looking to O'Rourke, Brand, Lovell and Hartung to play a lot more this year and show if they have what it takes. Not to mention Burton, who if he stays fit will certainly play most if not all of the season.

Certainly back in the pack this year I feel, but if we are anywhere near the top half as we come through winter and the new heads start to gel we could make a decent run at the 3-6 spots.

Funnily enough if we look out of calculations with 8 or so rounds to go it may actually assist our development for the following season.

Interesting times!
by MatteeG
Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf equipment: sticks, balls etc. what do you use and w

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:A clicgear buggy - mainly due to the ridiculous fact it just folds up into nothing and my old buggy has failing brakes etc.

Is that a 3.5+ MT? How does it rate?

I'm in the market for a push cart, and that one Certainly crosses most of the boxes.
by MatteeG
Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cool. Just got a new cart bag from there, may head back up next week.

He was the cheapest around for the buggy including online.
He did mention that with the change in the dollar the new shipment may be around the $360 mark.

I did see them at The Vines for $320 , not sure if they're still there or not as I haven't been looking...

Yeah if I can get near $300 it is happy days. They aint cheap but the small size folded up has me convinced!
by MatteeG
Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Making changes to our homeloans (split) over the phone and saving more than 1% on the interest rate for one, and 0.6% on the other!

While on hold, having Bowie's "Changes" playing.

Reminded me of this classic:

by MatteeG
Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Managed a Clicgear 3.5+ for $265 brand new on Ebay.

Test it this Sunday up at Blackwood.
by MatteeG
Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Good work!
Now for the other attachments of which there are many!!!

Only the cooler bag interests me at this point MT... :)
by MatteeG
Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

Assasins Creed

Went to Gold Class for this one. Enjoy the games, but the movie is just horrible. It would've been good if they just recreated one of the games in movie style. Instead, it seems like they are just setting up for a trilogy, The story is ok, but its explained terribly, it moves so slowly, and halfway through we were bored shitless.

My general thoughts are Movie to game = good. Game to movie = sucks balls.
by MatteeG
Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A couple of things are starting to piss me off at The Vines.

A couple of times we've been spoken too for 'slow play' which wasn't the case, and resulted in an apology after the rounds when it's been made clear it wasn't our group.
Yesterday whilst enjoying my brekky, someone called the pro shop to complain of slow play. The lad came out to see what was going on and it was clear, there was no slow play through the 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th but there was on the 13th....
I told him there are too many Nazis out there who are too quick to pull the trigger and complain and it's happening far too often.
Yesterday was stroke round, we started around 11-30 and went through in 4.25hrs..... Pleasantly surprising.

The other debacle is one of the playing partners, he can hit a ball a long way, but when it's wrong, it's sliced over to the next fairway.
Twice in the last 3 weeks, groups playing that hole have either played his ball as their own, or just picked it up.....FFS, he has his balls clearly marked.

The slow play call is usually a farce. We teed off on the 10th at Blackwood and by my own admission we were off the pace as we had spent a decent amount of time looking for balls.... we got to the first and were pleasantly surprised that the groups booked there to play had waited for us- A calm "Your other lads are getting ahead" was all we needed to get us moving. Not an 'official' complaint followed by a lecture from the pro shop.
by MatteeG
Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Off to Meningie tomorrow in preparation* for the Lake Albert Group 4 Ambrose on Sunday.

*beer, followed by beer.
by MatteeG
Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |