Search found 362 matches

Return

Re: Crows 2014

i can just see shoenmakers making 10 turnovers in a showdown and us looking like idiots

To be honest, the bloke can kick a ball better than a fair chunk of the Adelaide midfield.

He does get found out on the gorillas and someone with genuine leg speed, but turnovers aren't his achilles heel .
I thought being a very average footaller allround was... ;)

Gee, when Spangher is getting a gig before you. i think it's time to move on

Going on that notion WUB, that Tom Mitchell must be a spud when he cant get a game ahead of that GF midfield.... :P
by MatteeG
Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Coach Bombay wrote:i can just see shoenmakers making 10 turnovers in a showdown and us looking like idiots

To be honest, the bloke can kick a ball better than a fair chunk of the Adelaide midfield.

He does get found out on the gorillas and someone with genuine leg speed, but turnovers aren't his achilles heel.
by MatteeG
Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Hugh Jass and Ivor Biggun
by MatteeG
Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2014

Flag. Boom!
by MatteeG
Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

stan wrote:
Booney wrote:The heat? Meh....

The sweat? Mmmmm....

Also its tit Thursday in the city. Seriously, get down to the mall guys, its thing of beaty today.

I see what you did there....
by MatteeG
Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Oval Football Membership Price Increase

Who makes the coin from the $13.50 CC cans? Cos I want in on that racket.
by MatteeG
Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Played at South Lakes on Sunday. Cool breeze, Greens cored and sanded.......disaster loomed.....

Proceeded to play my best round in 2 years. 43 points, 76 off the stick. Thank you very much.

Kudos to the course for cutting the price of green fees due to the topdressing. More courses should do this IMO.
by MatteeG
Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was under the impression it is averaged out over 2 or 3 years. I would suggest because he was at a league club he is a 4pointer.

I thought is was all based on the previous season in what they played when heading to a different league/club/level in the following year.

So in this case Panozz played majority of games in the reserves (19 out of 20) so going into 2015 based on the SFL allocation that would make it the 3 points?????

Just ask the SFL for more points and it wont matter...
by MatteeG
Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:This seriously isn't a topic to win internet points and try and put sh!t on Glenelg.

No, it isn't.

Especially when you consider the plethora of options we have to hang shit on Glenelg with.

I laughed. Then I cried.
by MatteeG
Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Watto injured in the net session today :lol:

by MatteeG
Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go for it wrote:Good pick up for Flagstaff hill Alex Carey.
Was on GWS list for a couple of years.

Ex-junior returns. Good stuff!
by MatteeG
Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The meh/not good/not bad movies

bennymacca wrote:american sniper.

thought it was very slow and the script was incredibly thin. its not a bad movie, but i was very disappointed when i found out it was nominated for an oscar. has to be blind patriotism

*cough*Argo*cough*
by MatteeG
Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Can we Shellve the thread yet?
by MatteeG
Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hawthorn 2015

Managed to keep fairly quiet over the post season, which i like!

Can we snag a 3-peat? Will the old legs of some of the champs finally slow?

I'm looking forward to seeing some games from Jed Anderson, Billy Hartung and hoping like hell Brendan Whitecross gets some luck. Hope Ceglar uses last year's disappointment at missing the GF to spur him on. Frawley will need to make a spot his own, or he'll be the highest paid VFL player this year.

For the new ones, Pittonet looks like he has a bit of go for a young ruckman and Hardisty looks as though he has a bit to offer too. O'Rourke too obviously has some talent which would be good to see.
by MatteeG
Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 things you don't want to see in 2015

Ruben Carter wrote:
RustyCage wrote:
I don't want I hear commentators referring to it as "dropping the ball"

me either ; no-one "drops" the ball
incorrect or unlawful disposal is the correct description....

True. But if your at a game and yell "Incorrect disposal" you deserve a clip.
by MatteeG
Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was indeed a great show.....but, my only gripe, please play the song as we all know it.

While I like the crowd interaction from Grohl, the "break down" in the middle of almost every song for 2-3 minutes is difficult to follow. I don't know that bit! While I know all bands do it to either showcase their talent, interact with the crowd, stretch the play list out etc etc, does it need to be in almost every song?

I've seen them 5 times now, I think last night had more of that than any other time I've seen them.

Agree with this Boon Man. Compared to say the Ent Centre show a few years back where they may have done it once or twice it was noticeable for most songs this time around. Still a great show but they have enough back catalogue to smash through 2.5 hours without playing the 10 minute extended remix of each song.

Gees you occasionally speak some sense for a Port bloke. :supz:
by MatteeG
Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I stopped feeding them inside after our orange boy started making off with bits of food and hoarding them under my eldest son's bed.

When I was growing up I had another orange cat who behaved similarly - if he didn't like the food, he would piss on the clean laundry, but only ever Mum's clothes.

Ginger. They are gingers. Don't 'pussyfoot' around it. 8)
by MatteeG
Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup Commentators

I like Ian Smith. He's clearly a kiwi, but self depreciating. The NZ v Aus game earlier in the tournament he was classic!

Some of his best work was in this domestic 20/20:

by MatteeG
Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great to see the above comments.
This system is a restriction on trade and as clubs we all have sponsors and members to answer to.
This also makes you wonder is the board of the SFL representing the best interest of the clubs or just bowing to the CFB ?

Business model, restriction of trade, answer to members and sponsors.
This is grass roots football.
What about developing juniors. and a couple of top up players.

Nah- just ask for more points. Worked in 2014. Should be the model followed by all clubs.
by MatteeG
Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: All time ODI XI

Lightning McQueen wrote:
V.Sehwag
S.Tendulkar
K.Sangakarra
AB. deVilliers
R.Poniting
J.Kallis
A.Gilchrist
W.Akram
S.Warne
C.Ambrose
G.McGrath

The most amazing thing with that side is all the complicated names and you spell Ponting wrong? #nazi
by MatteeG
Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:
carey wrote:Jennifer Hawkings

Is that Stephens wife ;)

by MatteeG
Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:what would it be called??

Adopted...
by MatteeG
Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

Best Easter Monday I've had for years. Looked sharp.
by MatteeG
Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FLAGSTAFF HILL FOOTBALL CLUB

Gday folks- Falcon Auskick starts Sunday 3rd of May at Flagstaff Hill Football Club at 8.30am.

Register at http://www.aflauskick.com.au/ (search for postcode 5159 and select FHFC as your centre (#5).

Look forward to seeing everyone then.

Cheers,

MatteeG (Auskick Coordinator)
by MatteeG
Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Gday folks- Falcon Auskick starts Sunday 3rd of May at Flagstaff Hill Football Club at 8.30am.

Register at http://www.aflauskick.com.au/ (search for postcode 5159 and select FHFC as your centre (#5).

Look forward to seeing everyone then.

Cheers,

MatteeG (Auskick Coordinator)
by MatteeG
Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Panther32 wrote:I hear there is a certain peanut that likes to get up in the face of a certain AFL coach plays for a team in the SFL that wears the same colours!
I hope he is ready to cop it!!!

LOL- perhaps a footysa media scrum in his face post siren asking how they went? :twisted:
by MatteeG
Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by MatteeG
Thu May 28, 2015 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

RoosterMan wrote:That has to be a troll post, calling a double Brownlow medallist, 4 time All Australian, 3 time club Best and Fairest and a dual premiership winner a dud is a very long bow indeed.

Roosterman, meet Daisy.
by MatteeG
Thu May 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division I 2015

**** you devils lol
by MatteeG
Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

The Cobbler.

Dont waste your time.
by MatteeG
Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 stuff

Spargo wrote:Usual Home town crowd deliberate paid.

Nice to see Richmond get bent over once in a while :twisted:
by MatteeG
Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Funny things kids say and do

Youngest (miss 2) in the bath the other night and was splashing around with a pink loofah (Body scrubbing cloth on a rope for the blokes playing out there).

I say "Are you playing with your loofah?"

Mr 5 bursts in- "Yeah, Lex Loofah".

PMSL
by MatteeG
Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zelezny Chucks wrote:
He might take awhile to reply. I imagine he is a bit busy running around trying to cancel that order of Premiers 2015 t-shirts made a few weeks ago.

Tough enough getting a beer out of King, let alone an order of shirts!
by MatteeG
Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We have a voice ... apparently!

Dutchy wrote:I replied and let them know my disgust via the "other" free form sections, unlikely to make any difference but got to take these opportunities

Me too Dutchy. At least 2 responses that we are aware of!
by MatteeG
Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Trying to sell a property and people making unrealistic offers

Go get fugged

Unrealistic offers are for gumtree

Or people making awesome offers despite not having loan pre-approval FFS
by MatteeG
Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MLB

MW wrote:Still a Glenelg fan though!

THUD! :twisted:
by MatteeG
Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old Adelaide nightclubs

Barbarella at time warp yes please

LOL- one particular Wednesday night I was clearly the most paro on the dance floor, she pulled me up on stage and gave me the mic. Managed to belt out "I'm your man" by Wham to the amusement of all and sundry.

Got a kiss too which made it all worth it- more action than I got all night...

Standard week was TimeWarp Wednesday. $2 spirits 8-10
$15 Meal Deal (Schnitty and all you could drink beer for 2 hours) at the Royal Thursday
Friday- dirty Vic. Hip flask a standard accessory.
Saturday- Lennies. Stage Rage or the mosh when Blister in the Sun/Come Out and Play/Smells like teen spirit got a run. Free entry before $8.30, halves in a bottle in the carpark from 9-10, then $1 beers 10-11.
Sunday on long weekends or public holidays the next day- Lennies again.

As for getting kicked out- Once at timewarp for throwing straws (!). Threw up in Lennies once at the couches up the back, my mate grabbed me and carried me out to the dance floor and busted moves with me 'Weekend at Bernies' style til I regained consciousness! Managed to stay in!
by MatteeG
Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Me and the G Fam had dinner at the Cove Tavern last Friday night (Wedding anniversary #11- how the romantic evening changes :) ).

Service- excellent. Greeted immediately, shown to our table. Prompt drink service, didn't wait too long for the meals. Really rated one lad coming out and asking if we wanted the kids meals at the same time as ours. They get it.

Food- Wife had Chicken stuffed with avocado, lad had fish and chips and I had the American Grill. The latter is magnificent- 2 sliders, a half rack of ribs and 4 Buffalo wings with chips. No complaints from all. Salad Bar is good variety (and we fed little miss G from there).

Value- We used the 2 for 1 from the Entertainment book which cut costs a bit, probably slightly on the dear side for a Bistro meal. But when the food is good the price doesnt become such a factor. All up for a Kids Meal (including drink), 2 mains a wine and a beer it clocked in at $49.

Overall- 9 out of 10
by MatteeG
Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote: Generous serve of chips (under the snitty)

-2 right there. Sacrilege.
by MatteeG
Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stoned Service

Psyber wrote:This thread intrigues me because I've never been anywhere where the serving staff at the counter have appeared to be affected by drugs or alcohol...

by MatteeG
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A few weeks old, but more good publicity for Smackham and the SFL
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/sanfl-introduces-new-laws-to-fight-local-footy-violence/story-fnii06m0-1227599323330

Vics, how many players do you currently have in the big house? Does this impact the start date for your pre-season training?

Edwardstown doing their best to trash the name of the league on their way out

Not sure about that LGIL- reckon the Hackham boys actions did that. If you've seen the footage its unbelievable how they could only get 3-4 weeks!
by MatteeG
Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Luke Surman Norwood to Hawthorn

Any legs fans care to comment on this fella? He's the proverbial lump of a lad, can take a grab by the looks.

I spotted him in a reserves game early in the season, maybe even round 1, and he really impressed me. Is going to lack height as a ruckman so I'd say the Hawks would hope to develop him into a KPP. Can take a grab and moves well, wouldn't surprise me if he had a basketball background. Great project player I'd think, who's about to learn from/with the best in the business.

Cheers JK- I'm thinking a possible Lake clone in a few years going on his brief highlights package.
by MatteeG
Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2015

Rik E Boy wrote:That Buddy move has turned into a beauty as far as Hawthorn is concerned.

Certainly hasn't hurt.
by MatteeG
Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LMAO. Thistle be the end of me.
by MatteeG
Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Service is always top shelf.

Take you to task there. Our only experience there was ruined by cold food being delivered to the table (twice!) and the kids meal being delivered to the table AFTER the adults. 40 odd minutes waiting for a milkshake WTF.

Kudos to the manager who took charge and gave us the whole breaky for nothing.

How long ago???

That is poor form and no doubt it is on your banned list

Not on mine personally but the Mrs would need some convincing to go back. So I guess it is on my banned list :lol:
by MatteeG
Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RIP Scott Weiland

Magellan wrote:. "Interstate Love Song" is one helluva song, though. That song in itself is a fair epitaph in my book.

Amen Magellan. A cracker(man).

Always thought I'd be posting in this thread a lot sooner than now. Still sad news, Core and Purple still get rotations in my place to this day.
by MatteeG
Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Gozu wrote:Ash @ The Gov Fri 18th March

There's a blast from the past!
by MatteeG
Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Folks crying poverty while running freshly inked sleeves. Prioritise you muppets.
by MatteeG
Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 Big Bash League

At the risk of awakening an angry world of femanazis I just want to say that purely from watching tonight's games that Mel McLaughlin is actually a sh&it interviewer. She asks average Joe questions and doesn't actually add to the broadcast in anyway for mine. Twice tonight in her two interviews she got shut down. She also asked Lumb about the next two games when they were half way through a chase that they would lose. No real feel for the game from what I saw tonight. She certainly needs to blush up on her interview technique.

Totally agree wristy. Much prefer the A league coverage with Tara Rushton.
by MatteeG
Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

KC Royals First base coach- I wish he had a shirt to buy.

Google it.
by MatteeG
Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |