Search found 98 matches

Return

Re: Mike Sheahan's Teams of decades - 60's to 00's

Is it just me or was Chris Grant over-rated? I thought he was a pretty good player but team of the decade good? I'm not sold.

He could play equally well at FB, CHB, CHF or FF. He was very versatile, and he'd be an unbelievably handy player to have on the bench.

Definitely not out of place in the 90's side IMO.
by GWW
Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Good to see the worst/most biased Speaker in Australian history is on her bike.

Take her super entitlements away from her too!
by GWW
Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Weren't we promised no surprises......I'm pretty sure the Prince Phillip debacle, and Bronny appointed & being way out of her depth, weren't what the public were expecting

This Government has massively underperformed..in a similar way to the previous Labor Govt did, although most people wouldn't have had high expectations for Rudd/Gillard anyway.

The ALP would want Abbott to remain as PM, however for the good of the country it would be good to see the backbenchers following through and installing Turnbull.
by GWW
Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unidentified Centrals Player

Ah ok, the only other one I can think of then is Geoffrey Robertson.
by GWW
Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ebert statue

Should go one step further and name the oval after our greatest players IMO.

R(obran) E(bert) B(light) Oval

REB oval.

..oops, no scrap that.
by GWW
Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ebert statue

I'm no Centrals supporter, but I wouldn't necessarily disagree with DOOL's post.
by GWW
Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will be best remembered for the Sir Prince Phillip debacle.

I generally favour the ALP over the Libs, but Turnbull as PM is quite a good result.
by GWW
Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why Woodville in 1964

I had heard it was to lessen Port's success.
by GWW
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Memories of TV and Radio Coverage

I read that former TV commentator and Norwood player Gerry Harrison has passed away.

Enjoyed his commentary back in the day.

RIP
by GWW
Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

RIP Ronnie Corbett.

I really enjoyed "The Two Ronnies" back in the 80s.
by GWW
Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

West Indian cricket commentator Tony Cozier.

RIP
by GWW
Thu May 12, 2016 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Assuming we finish 9-13, and get a top 10 pick (after taking into account the Academy picks), I think we'll try and target someone like Jonty Scharenberg, who would appear to be compatible with what we need.

What another inside mid????

Yeah, admittedly, there is the issue of us requiring "outside" players - I don't have a huge amount of info on the current crop, but JS would appear to be someone that could help us with clearances, plus being from SA is an added bonus.

I haven't had a real chance to go through this info - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-26/the-next-batch-whos-the-pick-of-the-2016-draft-crop - but from what I read somewhere Petrevski-Seton, is a good chance of being number 1 draft pick.
by GWW
Thu May 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Plus the murder of Christina Grimmie.

So, so sad that innocent people die everyday because of the insanity of their gun culture.
by GWW
Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 40 in Adelaide, when you remembe

Watching Bud Spencer/Terence Hill movies.

Bud has just passed away apparently, RIP.
by GWW
Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

marbles wrote:Hearing trengrove wants out and wants to be traded back to Victoria :D

Firstly, theres no such player, and secondly, assuming you mean Jackson Trengove, what is your source?
by GWW
Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Theres Liberal Party advertising crap - "Vote Liberal in both Houses" - still up on a pole in my local park (next to where voting booth was) - 2 months after the election!

Visual pollution, no excuses for it being up 2 months later, a hefty fine should apply.
by GWW
Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RIP Norman May - grew up with him as swimming and cricket commentator.
by GWW
Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

This Regulation was requested by Leagues as an important mechanism to ensure fairness, equality, improve a players experience in football and importantly slow down escalating player payments and the demands being placed on Football Clubs.

How correct is it, that this was requested by leagues and not from higher above?
by GWW
Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd rather just let the parliament have a vote, and save the 160 million $'s - there is a bit of a national debt I hear, so not wasting the money is probably a good thing I would have thought.
by GWW
Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Going to return home to Deniliquin, NSW, to play footy......sounds legit.
by GWW
Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International cricket according to Boon

Boon's idea sounds good, although I'd probably prefer a higher weighting for winning test matches, relative to the shorter versions.
by GWW
Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Its always been more important for the Liberals to fight their internal battles, rather than provide a viable option.

As bad as Labor are, the Libs will just slash & burn - like Kennett - if they win the next election.

Imagine having Rob Lucas in as Treasurer again, scary thought.
by GWW
Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Thanks mate.
by GWW
Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Being pleasantly surprised during my lunch break when checking the Sheffield Shield score :D
by GWW
Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RIP Dragan Tankosic

Sad news, I definitely remember the name from 30-plus years ago.

RIP
by GWW
Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 1

Swans wouldnt ever need to, they know they'll always be propped up by the AFL with COLA, Academy picks etc etc, regardless of how bad things ever got.

Don't really wanna enter a debate about clubs being propped up do ya GDub? ;)

Never been propped up recruiting-wise by anyone...so my point was that the Swans would never have to consider something like tarps to boost their finances, because AFL assistance would soon see them being able to recruit some quality players, thereby bringing optimism to a fickle supporter group.
by GWW
Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Trial Games

I blame Josh Carr influence.
by GWW
Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Brad Ebert and his wife are now parents to a son, Leo.

Great that he was born mid-week, and additionally, looking forward to this father/son selection in 18 years time.
by GWW
Wed May 03, 2017 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

OK, can we please stop with the character assassination on here.

As far as Im aware its the goal umpires who compile the scores and sign off on the paperwork.

The right decision has clearly been made, so if people insist on discussing this topic further, could they please be mindful of what they post re who was or wasnt responsible for this mix-up.

Thanks

GWW
on behalf of moderators.
by GWW
Wed May 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best team of the 21st Century

Brown at FF is crazy, and that's not even taking into account Tredrea not being on the bench.

Tredders' best was as good, and arguably better than the other key forward contenders, but his dip in form after injury was easily the most significant too.

If Brown was to be selected, it had to be at CHF.

That being said, I would have had Riewoldt at CHF and Pavlich at FF. Tredrea on bench in recognition of his 4 AA. 4 consecutive AA in the most difficult position on the ground deserves some recognition!
by GWW
Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Not all black and white

Getting away from the whinge for a tick, IIRC Hodges started out in the Port league side as a reasonably average half back flanker under Ebert's last year. Does anyone know what prompted him to get the chance to play at full-forward? Stroke of genius by Cahill (or whoever it may've been) to give him the opportunity.

From memory, in his first year or 2 under Cahill he played on a forward flank, with D Smith full forward, whilst Greg Phillips and Martin Leslie were experimented with at CHF.

When Cahill came back, in 88, he played Phillips at CHB, with Abernethy and Leslie on the back flanks. D Smith went went to CHF, and Hodges went to FF.
by GWW
Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Official SANFL Greatest Team of all Time

Personal opinion, but I wouldnt have the Gowans bros in the top 200.

They are up there for most influential, but the nature of the comp when they played means they cant be rated above the best players when the SANFL was main comp in town.
by GWW
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Discussion: Grand Finals played 23/9; RMFL live stream

There's quite a few country grand finals being played tomorrow (Sat 23/9) - if you have a progress score, you can post in this thread.

The RMFL Grand Final between Mypolonga & Meningie is being live streamed this year - the link is http://www.murrayvalleystandard.com.au/story/4941891/live-stream-2017-river-murray-grand-final-at-tailem-bend/?cs=1527
by GWW
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1933 state game - SA v Vic (1933 Carnival)

I came across this footage and am genuinely surprised by the pace and skill level.

Link to further information re the 1933 Carnival (including team lists) - http://www.boylesfootballphotos.net.au/ ... ydney-1933

by GWW
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I havent done footy tipping for 15 years.

Great watching neutral games & not being invested in who wins.
by GWW
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Backflip on Star-Force usage at parties.
by GWW
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coach Review

Im a Port supporter, and I agree Hinkley is the worst.

Has a decent squad, but has awful game plan, inconsistent, and players not developing adequately

Worst part is the club got sucked in in the off season, and we're stuck with him for another 3 (or 4?) years.
by GWW
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Billy Laurie, got him, yesss!
by GWW
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Talent Flogs

Andrew Maher
by GWW
Fri May 03, 2019 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Talent Flogs

Every breakfast radio host ever.
by GWW
Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Neil Craig and the 1983 Grand Final.

I cant really answer those questions, but I do believe Neil Craig and Rick Davies were cousins (perhaps 2nd if not 1st cousins), so reading between the lines, it was probably Davies' influence that got him to Sturt.
by GWW
Sat May 25, 2019 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big shock to hear that former English cricket captain Bob Willis has died.

RIP
by GWW
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I've sent you a PM, Lightning.
by GWW
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |