Search found 721 matches

Return

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

This is how the Wiz sees it.

Polec to Crows for B.Martin and McKernan
D.Martin to GWS for Patton (in the Franklin Deal)
Franklin to GWS for D.Marin (3 Way Trade- see above)
D.Thomas to Carlton for Yarran
E.Betts to Adelaide for Porplizia
As far as I'm aware they are all Restricted FA's

Trade Week will be the interesting part!

GWS don't want Martin, they said that yesterday. And Buddy can go their in free agency for nothing.
Why would Carlton trade for Thomas when he can go there for nothing via free agency?
Betts for the Porps?

None of your trades make any reasonable sense. Mckernan wants to go home, thats in Melbourne.
by Smashed Crab
Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Jeff a genius??

Turn it up. Since 08 GF, Geelong 2 Premierships, Hawthorn 0. Kennett is a spud and the media is a potato farm.
by LMA
Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sad day for Collingwood. Heard one Dad rang his son to break the news about Daisy leaving. Now he doesn't have a phone call left.
by Dissident
Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have we lost the plot?

No it's not an argument at all.
It's just how it is :)

This is a site that was built around Football, as in Australian Rules Football.
Extending it out to include things like your Football, as in Association Football, is just an added bonus for you.

Since Football is a shortened version of both our sports, we can't obviously use both on here to title forums, it would be silly.
by Dissident
Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

lol at people complaining about a free forum.
by Mic
Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perhaps a clue in dissidents original post. The old forum was a bitch to maintain, the new one isn't. It's not all about you, princess!
by smac
Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's a big change yeah, but it needed to happen. You'll get used to it quite quickly. There will still be tweaks to it, so instead of blindly having a whinge, offer suggestions as to how you think it could be better
by RustyCage
Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 Draft November 21

the joker wrote:Crows are a very big chance of getting pick 2
Melbourne want ready made players. Need to improve next year rather than have another 4 years of being bottom 2

who are the crows going to offer though to get the pick 2? Melbourne don't just need ready made players, they need ready made quality players
by RustyCage
Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GWW wrote:Good luck with that :)

Melbourne would be Adelaide's version of Alan Bond if they accept that deal!!
by am Bays
Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crows are a very big chance of getting pick 2
Melbourne want ready made players. Need to improve next year rather than have another 4 years of being bottom 2

who are the crows going to offer though to get the pick 2? Melbourne don't just need ready made players, they need ready made quality players
Melbourne have a 4 year deal for Bernie Vince and they also want Lyons. Package them up for pick 2

Lol, ok good trade for the crows if it comes off. If it does come off the melbourne should finish up or move to tassie.
by stan
Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They were probably desperate to get someone with a half decent profile, after missing out on Franklin.

I expected him to sign with Geelong, obviously the contract GWS offered too good to refuse, perhaps looked after, after his playing career ends too.

You can't blame a bloke for wanting to set himself up for life after footy (more so), can you?
by Failed Creation
Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Short-lived TV shows

GWW wrote:I think it was Ed Phillips who hosted Temptation. I think he also hosted a quiz show on ch10 in late 90's, only went for a year or 2. Anyone remember the title of the show (I think it was based on a board game). I think "Barbarella" may have even featured in it.

Battle of the Sexes.
by Gozu
Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Insignificant stat

Did anyone else notice that Warren Partland stated in his article in the Sunday Mail that 1991 was the first Grand Final for 42 years that hadn't featured Port, Norwood, Sturt or Glenelg. What a pathetic stat when you consider that 2000 was the first year ever (102 years) that hadn't featured any of Port, Norwood, Sturt or North . Surely that is much more significant and worthy or being put into an article.

Do the Sunday Mail journalists ever do any research or are they so limited in their resources that they no longer have researchers?
by robranisgod
Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A little undecided if this is good or not,but.....:

-We have a sound young list with lots of inside mids (Boak, Wines, Ebert, Moore, )
- Our list has enough 19-22 year olds coming through, taking a kid at pick 30 (lets face it, a raffle) isn't going to help us right away
- We need some polish on the outside
- If Polec can establish himself in our line-up as an outside mid/goal kicker who has had 3 years in the system then tha MIGHT be better than anything you get with pick 30 (+/-)
- Then again, you might get a diamond in the rough at 30 who ends up being a 10 year 200 gamer.
- Polec might be a 10 year 200 gamer.

If we get him for the right price, early second round pick, why not go for it?
by Booney
Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: India v Australia ODI Series

Game 2
Aust 3/298 (44 over)

Bailey 48 (31)
Maxwell 49*(29)

Hughes 83(103)
Finch 50( 53)
Watson 59(53)
by helicopterking
Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Paul Chapman to be a Bomber. Said choosing them was easy. 'They said they can prolong my career by up to 50 years with science!'
by Dissident
Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the wonder elephant wrote:Bernie Vince to Melbourne for pick 23 .... good luck Melbourne keeping him out of the nightclubs :-)

LOL
Melbourne, will they ever learn
by Jim05
Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League 2013/14 Transfers, Results & Discussion

Adelaide up 2-0

Terrible penalty decision then Jeronimo scores

Mabil looks great
by Brodlach
Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Psybers' thread

HAPPY 70TH BIRTHDAY PSYBER! :D

:YMPARTY: :YMPARTY: I hope you've had a great day (*)

Here's to another 70 \:D/
by Footy Chick
Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: India v Australia ODI Series

Aussies win with 3 balls to spare, 6 wkts down

Voges and Faulkner the heroes with half centuries.

Faulkner 60 odd at around 200 SR
by Hazbeen
Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach for 2014

Big Phil wrote:
GWW wrote:Trevor Hill coached Mypolonga in late 80's/early 90's.

I'm sure the Legs fans would love to see Trevor back !!! ;)

I will be waiting first inline at the Parade with the pitchforks and torches.
He is about as popular at Norwood as Andy Collins
by Jim05
Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WG GRACE

Alan Knott 95 Tests, 4,389 runs at 32.75, 250 catches, 19 stumpings

Adam Gilchrist 96 Tests, 5,570 runs at 47.60, 379 catches, 37 stumpings

but the biggest difference is that Knott is a pom
by Mr Beefy
Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The team is mostly political. Grace is no way in the best 6 bats of all time. I love also how people say "on uncovered pitches" as if that automatically makes it a billion times harder to bat on. If it doesn't rain then it's a moot point, but rain on uncovered pitches can actually make it easier to bat. If I'm not out on a wearing day 4 pitch, I'm praying for rain to make it like a day 1 pitch again. Have a read of the last timeless test and see the effect rain had on that deck.

Gilchrist is a massive mistake. Would not be many more blokes who won games for their country than him. Cops a bit for not being a great keeper, but I think that's largely a myth. All keepers miss chances. Nobody watched Gilly keeping to Warnie and wished for Healy back.

Marshall clearly a better bowler than Hadlee IMHO. If you're wanting an allrounder in that slot though, Imran Khan's bowling is not far behind (and almost identical to Hadlee) but batting near 40. These are Imran's stats from the last 10 years of his career.

M 51 R 2477 HS 136 Ave 51.60 100s 5 W 204 BBI 8/60 Ave 19.90
by Grahaml
Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grace was probably the best batsman in the world and close to the best bowler in the world for an incredibly long period of over 25 years.
Remember also that he was at his best before he played his first Test at the age of 32.

His 1871 season is arguably as dominant as any of Bradman's seasons

In all first-class matches in 1871, a total of 17 centuries were scored and Grace accounted for 10 of them, including the first century in a first-class match at Trent Bridge. He averaged 78.25 and the next best average by a batsman playing more than a single innings was 39.57 , barely more than half his figure. His aggregate for the season was 2,739 and this was the first time that anyone had scored 2,000 first-class runs in a season; Harry Jupp was next best with 1,068. Grace's highest score was 268 for South v. North at The Oval. He took 79 wickets at 17.02 with a best analysis of 7–67. He claimed five wickets in an innings 5 times and twice had 10 in a match

Personally I would have been very surprised if he hadn't made the team.
Its a test XI, so what he did in a North Vs Souths game is irrelevant

Thats not quite right from my understanding Mr Beefy
They are celebrating 150 years which takes it back to 1863. Test cricket only started in 1877.
Therefore with the above stats i think it's a more than fair call to include Grace in the best 11
In other words, he had his best season years before Test cricket had even been invented.
Sure, the books indicate he played a huge part in the development of the game. This is also indicates the game was under developed when he dominated. But just because he had the idea to play balls off his legs (for example) doesn't mean he'd be in the best 6 bats of all time. You have to question the staff the game was at when you hear such fundamentals weren't yet standard.
Call him the father of cricket, okay. But surely those who followed excelled him under much higher standards.
by therisingblues
Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Finally managed to solve the rubiks cube today - as a kid in early 80's I worked out how to get 2 layers.
I got a new cube for my birthday recently, and finally got all 6 colours (without pulling it part or changing the stickers over) :)
I got one from Adam Internet at the Royal Show and had another crack.
I still can't solve it...

There used to be a guide to solving it but I've reisted trying the wimps way out.
I'll keep on having a shot every so often.
by Psyber
Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield - SA v Qld, commencing 30 Oct

That Australia A vs England match is on Gem starting Wed 6th Nov, I think it's a four day tour match.
by Gozu
Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide cracks Lonely Planet's Top 10 list

Yes, the knockers annoy me, particularly as I'd heard on a radio show from a bloody victorian who made a fairly decent living here from coaching and thinking he's funny.

Adelaide has done all right by him but he was still willing to knock Adelaide. If you don't like it, go home!

I wouldn't live anywhere else! (except maybe Tassie)
by Footy Chick
Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheers for your knowledgeable opinion and insight into the issue.....
by heater31
Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Adelaide is a shite hole, but good to see it rates for a visit for some cheap plonk and a new stadium that no one wants. Ok for a one off visit, but terrible place to live.

see, I'd have it the other way around

wouldn't bother visiting as a tourist, but great place to live
by Q.
Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've had a short trip up to Darwin, didn't think much of the place to be honest.

Spent some time in Cairns during silly season, didn't really enjoy it but it didn't "break" me either.
by Booney
Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Fixture (released 31/10) - predictions/discussion..

Rest of Australia feels the same way about port v crows.

Not quite. While the Crows might be a souless corporate entity, at least Port are a real club and the rivalry with the Cows is also real. Nothing about Football in NSW is real, it's all fake. That's why the Football World are quick to try on such myths as the 'no dickheads' policy and the 'bloods culture' or people in Melbourne would be just as disinterested as your average Sydneysider as soon as the Swans lose a couple of games on the trot.

GWS have no fans and Swans fans only get excited about the Giants because it gives them yet another leg up. Even Sydney couldn't give a stuff about the fabricated derby.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Perth

book early and sometimes you can get some good pricing - but otherwise, yes - Perth isn't cheap accommodation wise.

Comfort Inn Perth City might be your best bet at around $145 per night and I don't think it's too far from Perth Station to jump on a train to Subi.

Let me know if you need to book ;)
by Footy Chick
Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist!

Does it need a whole thread? ;)
If any other teams recruit Barrie Robran or Russell Ebert they're welcome to their own threads. Its the first time in the SANFLs history a club has recruited a triple Magarey Medalist so yes, I think it deserves its own thread.

Somewhat degrading to the two guys mentioned to put him in the same sentence I would have thought.
If a club was recruiting someone of their ilk they would get their own forum. Have to agree, not in the same planet as the 2 great ones
by Jim05
Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist!

Armytank wrote:
scoob wrote:He is the greatest "hand balls received" player the SANFL has ever seen.

Michael Aish?

Aish was the greatest free kicks received player.
by RB
Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Well, TRB, lets disect Simons comments then....:

Getting massacred in AFL grand finals better than everyone else - One Grand Final, not Grand Final s . It is what it is and the might of Geelong that day would have been difficult for anyone to counter. ( Port won the Prelim by 70+ points the week before )

digging deep financial holes and needing help to crawl out of them better than everyone else - Many AFL clubs have had dire financial situations in the last decade, some still in that position despite much support from the AFL. If North Melboure, Melbourne or the Western Bulldogs got as much media attention as Port's situation did in the local press and forums it would be interesting. So Port are not the only football club, at all levels, with poor financial statements, of all people I thought you'd be aware of that? ;)

running down the team and the comp that was always the bedrock of the Port Adelaide Football Club's achievements, better than everyone else; disconnecting itself from the local community and closing up shop on junior development, and so starving its SANFL reserves (and ultimately league) team of talent, better than everyone else.
Talented kids growing up a drop punt from Alberton Oval will be playing their U/16 and U/18 football for whom? Not Port, that's for sure. - Well, call it how you see it, but the Port Adelaide Football Club wanted to maintain it's junior development stucture, it's development pathway for local kids.
As for disconnecting itself from the local community that is a comment from someone who is clearly uneducated. The Port Adelaide Community program is a cornerstone of our adminstration / off field operations.Indigenous programs, the Foodbank program to ensure people dont go hungry etc etc is all part of the clubs commitment to the community. As for local U16/U18 players, there is every possibility a kid from Port Districts could play at amatuer level for Port Districts while being guided through his development by an AFL club (directly, not indirectly) and become an SANFL reserves player with the Port Adelaide Football Club, an SANFL league player and if talented, committed and fortunate enough be drafted into the AFL or even remain living in the area he grew up in playing for the Port Adelaide Football Club in the AFL.

Suck on that indeed. 8)
by Booney
Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

GWW wrote:Anyone tried the flat bread at Subway?

Any good?

Im assuming its no healthier than the other types.

I did, messy if you get a sauce with it. I thought it was ok, more calories then the regular bread.
by helicopterking
Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

A lady at work complaining about me because I sent an email asking whoever spilt the milk all over the kitchen to clean it up. Apparently that’s bullying because I already knew it was her from checking the security camera and could have told her discreetly. I didn't even name her in the email. Never mind it is the third time she’s has been told to clean up her mess, the first two times she was told discreetly. Now I have to apologise to her.
I'd be tempted to send out and email saying something like, " I hereby formally apologise to xxxx for criticising her in an indirect and non-identifying way for not cleaning up the milk she had spilled in the kitchen."
by Psyber
Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA v WA - Nov 13-16

0/50 at tea

Both batsmen 24*
by Brodlach
Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2013

dedja wrote:Koch ... all piss and wind, looks like a Kock now.

Alan Richardson now officially coach.

Koch was never really blocking it, just getting St Kilda to now foot the bill associated with finding a replacement. Good move.
by Trader
Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just arrived to watch the second session Image
by bennymacca
Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 NBL Season

4 seconds to play, Gary Ervin steals the ball and lays up on the buzzer for the 36ers to win by a point. Amazing finish
by Brodlach
Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All out 601. 2 or 3 before lunch would be brilliant.
by bloods08
Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Rob Chapman

Can't stand the slimy prick. Sounds like a sleazy salesman grinning from ear to ear through every spiel of BS he offloads, knowing the sheep are hanging on every word.
by JK
Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Aussies win the toss and Bat.

Prior and Tremlett to play
by Armytank
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GWW wrote:Thanks for the updates, Creation...Im walking home from work at the moment, so not easy to to follow progress of draft, as only got mt phone to refer to.

No worries mate.
by Failed Creation
Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aust 0/65

Warner 45 (55)

Rogers 15 (77)

Lead by 224

Great day for the Australians today.

Looking back after the excitement of what happened in that 2nd session and watching the highlights, we bowled some brutal balls, especially MJ,
think England would be sitting right back on their heels right now. Good to see Lyon pick up a couple as well.

Game, hopefully series on :D
by locky801
Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great win by the Aussies, bowlers did a superb job in both innings.

Lets get our top order worked out right and get rid of the porridge.

MItchell Johnson, one test doesnt equate to a series but you were awesome this test, needs to now follow it up
by locky801
Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ROOKIE DRAFT

1. GWS: Sam Schulz (GWS)
2. Melbourne: James Harmes (Dandenong Stingrays)
3. St Kilda: Eli Templeton (Burnie Dockers)
4. Gold Coast: Louis Herbert (North Ballarat)
5. West Coast: Will Maginness (Oakleigh Chargers)
6. Brisbane Lions: Isaac Conway (Aspley)
7. Adelaide: Charlie Cameron (Swan Districts)
8. North Melbourne: Joel Tippett (West Adelaide)
9. Essendon: Fraser Thurlow (Labrador)
10. Collingwood: Corey Gault (Collingwood)
11. Richmond: Todd Banfield (Brisbane Lions)
12: Carlton: Luke Reynolds (Port Adelaide)
13. Port Adelaide: Sam Russell (Geelong Falcons)
14. Sydney Swans: Pass
15. Geelong: James Toohey (Oakleigh Chargers)
16. Fremantle: Michael Wood (Subiaco)
17. Hawthorn: Dallas Willsmore (North Ballarat Rebels)
18. GWS: Pass
19: Melbourne: Max King (Murray Bushrangers)
20. St Kilda: Mav Weller (Gold Coast)
21. Gold Coast: Pass
22. West Coast: Rohan Powell (Claremont)
23: Brisbane Lions: Zac O'Brien (Essendon VFL)
24: Adelaide: James Battersby (Sturt)
25: North Melbourne: Kayne Turner (Murray Bushrangers)
26: Essendon: Patrick Ambrose (Old Xaverians)
27. Richmond: Anthony Miles (GWS)
28. Carlton: Cameron Wood (Collingwood)
29: Port Adelaide: Sam Gray (Port Adelaide)
30: Sydney Swans: Pass
31: Geelong: Nick Bourke (Geelong Falcons)
32: Fremantle: Thomas Vandeleur (South Fremantle)
33. Hawthorn: Derick Wanganeen (Hawthorn)
34. GWS: Pass
35: Melbourne: Alexis Georgiou (Norwood)
36. St Kilda: Jason Holmes (USA)
37. Gold Coast: Pass
38. West Coast: Murray Newman (West Coast)
39. Brisbane Lions: Pass
40. Adelaide: Jake Kelly (Oakleigh Chargers)
41. Essendon: Johnny Rayner
42. Richmond: Matt Thomas (Port Adelaide)
43. Carlton: Blaine Johnson (South Fremantle)
44. Port Adelaide: Brent Renouf (Port Adelaide)
45. Sydney: Patrick Mitchell (USA)
46. Geelong: Zachary bates (West Adelaide)
47. Fremantle: Jacob Ballard (Northern Blues)
48. Hawthorn: Zac Webster (Glenorchy)
49. GWS: Pass
50. Melbourne: Neville Jetta (Melbourne)
51. Gold Coast: Pass
52. Adelaide: Alex Spina (North Adelaide)
53. Carlton: Heath Scotland (Carlton)
54. Port Adelaide: Daniel Flynn (Ireland)
55. Sydney Swans: Lloyd Perris (NSW ACT Rams)
56. Geelong: Michael Luxford (previously unregistered player)
57. Hawthorn: Ben Ross (Werribee)
58. GWS: Pass
59: Gold Coast: Pass
60. Carlton: Ciaran Sheehan (Ireland)
61. Hawthorn: Kurt Heatherley (New Zealand)
63. GWS: Pass
63. Gold Coast: Jarred Ellis (Broadbeach)
64. Carlton: Ciaran Byrne (Ireland)
65. Hawthorn: Shem Tatupu (Oakleigh)
66. GWS: Pass
67. GWS: Pass
68. GWS: Pass
69. Brisbane Lions: Archie Smith (Mt Gravatt)

END OF ROOKIE DRAFT
by RustyCage
Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

its nowhere near fair game, even if he didnt throw the first punch. they are teammates, and he is a senior player. unless he banged brown's mrs there is almost no excuse to break a teammates jaw, even if you hate the guy
by bennymacca
Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |