Search found more than 2678 matches

Return

Re: A-League 2013/14 Transfers, Results & Discussion

Great news with the new NPL getting the green light. This is the new second tier National comp. Stoked that Adelaide City and West Adelaide are the two clubs from SA that will be in it. Hopefully in a few years time it will lead to Promotion/Relegation and we will see the might of Juve back where they belong
by Jim05
Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

Cop that Steyn, Warner takes 12 off the first over after lunch
by Jim05
Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v QLD SS 12 FEB

Wedgie wrote:Wtf is the latest trend of not enforcing follow sons? Turns a definite win/possible loss into a potential loss. Grrrrrf

Yep, weak as piss.
I have no doubt that had we enforced the follow on it would of been over yesterday. Need to kick sides while they are down
by Jim05
Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v QLD SS 12 FEB

Swear i read somewhere in this thread about Qld crap batting lineup, obviously our bowlers had a day off. ;)
That would be me Locky, I honestly dont believe their line up is flash as evidenced by their first dig. Took an exceptional innings from a guy who averages under 40 to get them over the line. Hats off to Usman, was a brilliant knock and this will come back to bite us
by Jim05
Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for sending us in Smithy :lol:
by Jim05
Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

bennymacca wrote:
Squids wrote:Crows flag favourites after this performance

Preseason games mean everything!

Just ask Triple M.
On their news this morning they said that the Crows are already getting their money's worth for Eddie
by Jim05
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v VIC Feb 20- 23 Adelaide Oval

Onya bike no-show you hack!
by Jim05
Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:I totally understand players swap clubs, are delisted, not wanted, free agency etc etc
But it is sad as a footy lover to see a triple Geelong flag legend in Chappy playing in that shit guernsey for that shit club.

Could be worse, could be playing for a really shit club like North
by Jim05
Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crows currently have 3657 more members than the power. Would be interesting to know how many paid up members for interstate clubs live in SA.

That number would be pretty close I would imagine
Currently just under 3400 paid up Essendon members in SA, would think Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond and Hawthorn would all have similar
by Jim05
Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol at the Greeks couging up 4 goals in the second half and getting rolled 4-2 in the ACL.
All 3 Aussie sides embarassed
by Jim05
Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A-League 2013/14 Transfers, Results & Discussion

Cirio makes to 2-0, this is awesome to watch, very sexy football
by Jim05
Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol at the Greeks couging up 4 goals in the second half and getting rolled 4-2 in the ACL.
All 3 Aussie sides embarassed

Pointless comp for Aussie sides
If Soccer is to grow in this country we need to take comps like this serious.
We wanted to move to Asia to improve our soccer, we should treat the AFC with the respect it deserves
by Jim05
Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Good signs for Melbourne. The magic touch of Paul Roos in effect early.

Now, how do Sydney get Hogan in 4-5 years.

COLA gone at end of this year so one less bargaining chip you will have.
by Jim05
Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Demetriou to stand down after 2014 season

Onya bike you fat corrupt prick.
Worst AFL boss ever.
Has done far worse for the comp than good. The only one to miss him will be Caro who will have to find someone else at AFL house willing to leak information

Cripes. Imagine if he had come down on you blokes as hard as he should have! :lol:

It always the boss' fault when something goes wrong, but that's why they get the big bucks, to steer the ship and set the agenda and they'll never win 'coz you never make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time.
Nothing to do with the decision against us, disliked him long before that.
Not a fan of how he manipulates the draft and fixtures to fatten his pay packet. Dont like the disdain he shows towards state leagues and the fact he wont even consider a proper reserves comp. Have felt under his tenure the AFL has lost touch with the average Joe with constant rule changes and fiddling with the game not to mention stuff all genuine supporters getting a GF ticket because all his fat cat mates have their snouts in the trough.
by Jim05
Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graeme Smith retires

Lets hope Mitch sends him off with another broken finger.
by Jim05
Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saffers highest opening partnership of series is 20
by Jim05
Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v NSW 3-6 March

Thats the one we needed.
by Jim05
Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still cant see how 7 overs per side constitutes a game. Absolute farce
by Jim05
Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Scores around Oz

Stumps pulled early and game drawn.
NSW v WA final at Manuka
by Jim05
Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

The Sleeping Giant wrote:In fairness to Port, they are playing one footballer short.

Is that Butcher dud playing?
by Jim05
Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood 2014

Wedgie wrote:Jimmy Allan ruled out of the first game due to surgery on his toe.

No huge loss, not like he is Johann Wagner or anything
by Jim05
Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

I've said this before but I reckon Ferguson should stay away from the club. He's had his day. David Moyes' cause is not helped by having Fergie casting a critical eye from the stands.

Let's not forget that he lobbied hard to have Moyes as his successor so he has to accept some of the responsibility for the club's predicament.

Whilst Fergie was a great manager he's not a very good judge of managerial talent. I remember him saying Aston Villa made a good choice in appointing Alex McLeish three years back :roll:
Thats just Ferg looking after his Scottish mates lol
by Jim05
Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - Ken Mcgregor medal Top 10 AFL spud award

Patrenko and Leroy Jetta, both couldnt get a kick in a street fight but geez they chase bum all day really well
by Jim05
Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Ted E Bear wrote:Betts and Pods were poor recruits and Rutten finished.

Not sure about Rutten being done but Pods is gone and Eddie is still a massive frontrunner
by Jim05
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Hird sacked according to Melbourne media
by Jim05
Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

As I had mentioned in the SAAFL Div 6 forum. Hirdy's missus has just re-opened a sour jar of pickles and landed him in deep s**t again. Why couldnt he just accept the punishment ( got off lightly I thought ) and move on.
Lets just get on with it so the board can decide on who to coach us long term and take us to our next premiership. In my thoughts, keep Bomber Thompson on and go from there.
Is it definate?

Maybe cos she's a glory seeking, spoilt brat who stupidly believes her husband is truly innocent?
She is a very smart and successful lawyer, doubt she would be commenting unless she had reason.
Im all for the Hird's having their day in court and bringing down others just dont do it whilst we are paying for it or get the club involved. Hird needs to be removed from the club and then he can do what he likes
by Jim05
Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trial Game Week 3 Discussions

FULL TIME @ PLAYFORD ALIVE OVAL

LEAGUE - Final Scores

Port - 14.11 = 95

Central - 4.6 = 30

Port Power Reserves win by 65 points

GOALS:

Port - B.Renouf, A.Young, R.Buggermann 2, J.Johansen, B.Ah Chee, B.Haren, S.Summerton, S.Gray, B.Newton, K.Amon , C.Hitchcock 1

Central - L.Habel 2, J.Gilbee, B.Retzlaff 1

Might have thought you of all people might be above that NIMBY cr@p PH. Guess you're in with the sheep.
Im prepared to call you Port Magpies if you are prepared to play within our salary cap, until then you ARE Port Power Reserves
by Jim05
Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: T20 World Cup

Another Saffer choke in a World Cup, 55 needed off 7 overs with 8 wickets in hand and lost by 5 runs. With 2 overs to go they needed 19 with 5 wickets in hand
by Jim05
Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Tomic losing in a record time of 28 minutes 6-0,6-1 WADH!!
by Jim05
Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had to laugh at Amla's dismissal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb_M-sab4_g
by Jim05
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Licenses sold- anchors away.

gossipgirl wrote:perhaps get some pigs and teach them how to fly

seriously its only been about 23 years :roll:

So you are happy with a tennant free loading?
Fact is that all that land is SANFL owned, the Cows are no longer owned by the SANFL so surely must become paying tennants
by Jim05
Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

Just heard Brad Crouch has a broken leg and out 6-8 weeks
by Jim05
Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reserves Round 1 / League Trial Games

AFL reserves players are obviously protected species.
and so they should be. They will be targeted by failed footballers like Clinch who want the 15 minutes of fame.

That sort of stuff is not on in a practice game no matter which era or team or player. enjoy the 5 weeks off.
They could always go play in their own comp if they dont like the SANFL boys roughing them up.
by Jim05
Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your 2014 predictions

Your final comment does worry me. Are Port supporters only Port supporters when there is success?? I was hoping that there would have been more loyalty from the club that always touted itself as being above all others when it came to support. Is your friend also saying that it feels like the 'real' PAFC because there is almost certain success this year and that, without the success, it did not feel like Port?
As for wanting the Magpies dead, I would want the complete opposite. I would rather a thriving Magpies side but one without it being the Power Reserves, instead a club on the same level as all other SANFL clubs. I have a feeling that that is what many true Magpie supporters would also prefer, judging by what I am hearing.
Cheers

The success doesn't play a factor at all. Over the past years there have been people involved in the club that have been there more for themselves then the club. The off field running of the club has been shocking. The recognition of past players was shocking, the recognition of volunteers was shocking. The real PAFC has a hell of a lot of pride and passion something we had lost. PAFC has changed, we are back to having people at the club with pride and passion about the club. Players getting to talk to past players and find out what the real PAFC is about. The dad's army being recognised for the work they done. The group of players (that did it off their own back) that take groups of volunteers out for a meal each week to say thanks. The higher ups out getting their hands dirty. The success we are now seeing is only coming from those things happening off field.

Yeh there was times where I felt like tearing up my membership because of the decision the club was making. But a true PAFC supporter sticks through it. Some people might say that they are only a magpies supporter or a power supporter. At the end of the day the magpies and the power are the PAFC. If PAFC never entered the AFL more then likely I wouldn't support a AFL team, which is purely because the club I support is the PAFC.
Having all Port contracted players playing for Port is something I totally agree on just not in the SANFL.
Ive had an issue since day dot about AFL players playing in the SANFL, once they were drafted to the AFL that should of been the end of them in the SANFL, for too long we have games decided by which clubs have had the most AFL players available each week. It was up to the 2 clubs to find somewhere to dump these players ie the VFL or elsewhere.
by Jim05
Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2014 - Ken Mcgregor medal Top 10 AFL spud award

John "The Fuschia" Butcher for me
by Jim05
Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide @ Prospect (Sun 6/4)

Lewis Johnston dropped, should make the North fans happy.
Porplyzia and Shaw dropped aswell
by Jim05
Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1- Norwood v Port @ Norwood Post Match

Macca19 wrote:Youd think we lost by 20 goals

May aswell of been.
You were never in the contest and the scoreboard flattered you in the end.
Only thing stopping a 8-10 goal win was us putting the cue in the rack at 3/4 time and saving our energy for bigger fish next week
by Jim05
Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

EAD you Saffer pricks
11 semi final appearances for 10 losses now, biggest chokers in World sport
by Jim05
Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

Saw a few Crows players after the game and they could hardly walk, weren't used to being hit hard.
Good crowd but 95% North supporters at least, funny as hell when the few Crows supporters complained to security that the North supporters were barracking too loudly.
They genuinely looked confused that supporters could be so passionate.
Geez wait until they come to the Parade and get hit with the F bombs all night
by Jim05
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 3 - Discussion (and Live Scores)

GWW wrote:I suspect that Teddy supports Richmond.

Speaking about shite clubs
by Jim05
Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

PhilH wrote:Crowd - 4,015

Only 15 North fans rocked up?
by Jim05
Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 LIVE scores

You blokes gotta get over it.

Yeah you are right, no room for people having a bit of banter on here anymore ;) yeah there's banter and then there's flogging a dead horse especially people like jim05 who support an afl club in Victoria with a reserves side in the VFL. I will admit or was weird today as a crows AFL supporter and a Roosters supporter. I was hoping north win but crows players like porplyzia, Lyons and Johnston get in form
The VFL comp was dead and buried years ago and basically a reserves comp now and thats where the 2 AFL sides should of gone. I dont want the SANFL turning into the VFL
by Jim05
Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richmond - Still crap?

RustyCage wrote:Image

Friggin hilarious.
Time to fire up the microwave
by Jim05
Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Lol jim you are possibly the grumpiest old dick ever. Of course st Kilda aren't flash but the crows still played well. And everyone thought it was a 50-50 game.
Of course they played well and I dont know many who thought it was 50/50. I hate the pricks and thought it would be a 8 goal minimum win to you. I get pissed off at the biased media in this state who seem to think the Cows are the greatest team in the world and all their losses are due to injuries, bad luck or cheating Victorian umpires, not the fact their list is average apart from 1 or 2 guns
by Jim05
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Good hit, would hate to see anyone get matches for that
by Jim05
Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best era of AFL/VFL footy

86 SOO WA V VIC on Fox now.
Forgot how good that game was. Far better to watch than the crap served up now
by Jim05
Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood calls for fourth interchange player

would make sense to bring it into line with the AFL Why?

Probably just because I think continuity in rules at all levels is a good thing. Can probably find examples where having different rules is a good thing but it's weird that every level of the game seems to have different rules.

Having said that the afl tinker way too much
Hope we never go down the path of doing everything the same as the AFL, the SANFL provides people with a point of differance and for me anyway is better to watch to because of it
by Jim05
Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |