Search found more than 2678 matches

Return

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

And Albo scores an own goal by going to the cricket today whilst Morrison is meeting with bushfire victims.
Seriously all of these so called leaders are idiots
by Jim05
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trans Tasman Trophy

Take out Labuschagne and it’s been a pretty dismal innings against this pop gun attack
by Jim05
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Nice one Warner!
24th century and level with Greg Chappell

Old Downhill Dave, never in doubt.

You mean the bloke who will go down in history as one of our all time best openers?
by Jim05
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who gave up more of a fight?

Pakistan or New Zealand
Kiwis bowling was a touch better mainly thanks to Wagner sticking to a plan but I thought the Pakistani’s on the whole looked a bit better with the bat. They passed 300 twice from two tests whereas NZ could play another 6 tests and not make 300 in an innings. Staggering to think Latham and Nicholls were rated top 10 coming into this series they both looked like park cricketers
by Jim05
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

I wish either of those sides were touring here this summer, we would embarrass them both.
Both are very mediocre sides
by Jim05
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Anderson ruled out of the final 2 Tests with a rib injury. Archer should be back for the next Test.

Depends if he pulls a heart string
by Jim05
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Booney wrote:The look on Mrs Boon's face when we opened the door to our bedroom / dungeon in the Mannum Hotel for Sounds by the River on the weekend.

******* priceless. :lol:

by Jim05
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International ODIs

5/170

Aussies in box seat at minute
Home and hosed.

Won’t make 300 now.
I’m not sure we are home and hosed.
Only 4 recognised bats and one of those is a bloke who has never played in India before. Think our batting looks a bit light on. Warner and Finch will need to put on a good opening partnership
by Jim05
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Largest ever partnership against India in ODI’s and the first time we have beaten them by 10 wickets in India.
Warner’s 5th century of the summer and he has 1193 runs @170.43 across all formats this summer
by Jim05
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
I see them falling big time, will be competitive at home but poor away

Great isn’t it.
by Jim05
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Finch has every right to be pissed with Smith

Hopefully Smith tons up

Very selfish and dumb from Smith
by Jim05
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Was never going to work, can’t believe the Libs didn’t listen to the experts who told them that initially Was never going to work in terms of locations but and an actual 24/7 No curfew airport still has merrit. The issue is that SA is not big enough for 2 major airports.
Definitely not big enough for 2 major airports but where the airport is now is perfect for freight.
by Jim05
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Lightning McQueen wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:A bloke called Heeney broke his thumb if anyone is interested.

Over-rated anyway.

by Jim05
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019-20 NBL Season

What a rabble, time for a clean out
by Jim05
Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Olsen gone finally

Good riddance you crook!
by Jim05
Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

Essendon have named the Leadership Group for 2020. Dyson Heppell was unanimously endorsed back in December to continue as Captain. He will be supported by Dylan Shiel, Devon Smith, Michael Hurley and David Zaharakis.

Yet reigning B&F Zach Merrett sacked from the leadership group?

No Daniher?
You can understand Daniher & Fantasia being dropped after they both tried leaving in the off season.
There’s got to be more to it with Merrett though...
My understanding is that Merrett is taking a step back to concentrate on his football. He is pretty harsh on himself and thought he had a real poor year. Daniher and Fantasia definitely couldn’t stay on
by Jim05
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Authorities worst nightmare has occurred with Coronavirus making it to a cruise ship with 3,700 on board, they are all now isolated in their rooms for 14 days.

Oh man, that would be brutal. Imagine 14 days in one of the internal cabins with no views.

Yuck.
And no natural air!
Breathing in the germs and other nasties from the aircon 24/7 sounds like fun
by Jim05
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:“I didn’t tune in to see J. Lo’s crotch.”

That’s the only reason I tuned in [emoji23]

It would resemble a half eaten pasty by now.

I’d be happy to finish the other half [emoji23]
by Jim05
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Coronavirus wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Byron Bay copped about about 260mm in 24 hours........cop that Hippies!

Good for the ahem... local agriculture though!

Be a few crops in the Belanglo Forest at a guess.

Should get bumper crops with all the blood n bone in the soil
by Jim05
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Dave Warner named the AB Medalist. I'm aware of his numbers this summer and in the World Cup but I just can't help but think Pat Cummins has been robbed .

would be an understatement

Warner flat tracks against garbage attacks and he is our best cricketer, **** off.
Across all 3 formats he was.
People forget how good his WC was
by Jim05
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2019/20 Australian International summer

The fact all three formats carry the same weighting system shows how flawed it is.

How many players are there that participate in all three formats, and rarely miss a game? Just by opportunity alone Warner is already well ahead of the rest.
They are weighted different.
Tests attract twice the amount of votes as ODI’s and 3 times the amount as T20’s.
For example a 3-2-1 vote becomes
18-12-6 for tests
9-6-3 for ODI’s
6-4-2 for T20’s
Ah thanks! Thought they were all the same, that makes a little more sense.. but still.. those who play all 3..
For the qualification period

Cummins
T20: 7
ODI’s: 16
Tests: 12
TOTAL: 35 games

Warner
T20: 11
ODI’s: 10
Tests: 10
TOTAL: 31 games
by Jim05
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Not sure what that means but my point is how do you adjust points given for votes in games due to the opposition and venue you are playing at...
Allan Border is entitled to comment on an award named in his honour. I believe his point is more weighting should be applied to test match cricket than T20. Nothing to do with quality of opponents or venue..... and while we are at it why not eliminate the journos votes!

Fair call, i probably quoted the wrong comment but it is more directed to the commentary that his performance in England meant he should not get the award.
I thought his performances in England, or lack of them should have had him out of the team...... we could have blooded a younger bloke and got the same output, and then let that new bloke ton up on home decks against pop gun attacks. It's a game of opportunity, some get them some don't!
Like all those other blokes that peeled off runs against the pop gun attacks?
Burns, Smith, Wade, Head etc all batted the same amount of times as Warner this summer against this pop gun attacks that you speak of and didn’t get anywhere near the same amount of runs.
Warner had a shocking tour of England but who hasn’t had a bad series every now and then?
by Jim05
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:All out 78

E. Xtras top scores with 31!!!

How does Gannon get away with that action? :shock: :shock:

Deadset javelin thrower
by Jim05
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League 2019-20

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Adelaide win 2-0 central coast

Blackwood with a cracker

Will take the win as I thought we were outplayed tonight and the Mariners were stiff not to get something out of it.
Cracker by Blackwood but great to see the 15yo seal it
by Jim05
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Saints beat the Hawks by 21 points last night.

Anyone see the game?

Hawthorn had 10 out playing cricket finals.

And a wedding that 16 blokes attended
by Jim05
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

It shits me when I'm talking to someone, and they mention they played AFL in the past.

So I'll ask them "which club?"

They replay with something like "Beaufort".

Last time I checked, Beaufort never had an AFL side.
Similarly I was driving around last week and I saw a sign saying “Come and try NRL” I thought Adelaide must have started a new side or something :)
by Jim05
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Today’s Fury v Wilder fight.
Fury absolutely destroyed him, was great viewing
by Jim05
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only known colour footage of Bradman has been found

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-02- ... fmredir=sm
by Jim05
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Membership Numbers

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:London to a brick the membership counter reappears on the Bays’ website this year ;)

Why is it #forevergold when you sing yellow and black?

One of life’s great mysteries and similar to why Port wear acqua not teal ;)
by Jim05
Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very happy to get straight on to Ticketek yesterday as soon as tickets went on sale. Snared 16 ANZAC Day tickets in around 5 minutes tops. Went back online a few hours later to grab some other tickets for away games and the site was pretty much frozen for the best part of 2 hours
by Jim05
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Your choice of airlines will dictate if many travel plans go ahead or not
by Jim05
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:
Spargo wrote:They need to bring out a packet with only Chico’s & Milk Bottles. That would be divine.

Apparently Charlesworths do Chocolate coated Chico's, anyone given them a burl?

They are awesome but I don’t buy too many otherwise I scoff them all straight away
by Jim05
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair effort from Webster for Tasmania.
Came in at number 7 with Tassie 5/139 chasing WA’s 371. He was the last man out for a run a ball 187 and Tasmania made 390
by Jim05
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Bushfire Fundraiser - Vic vs The Rest

The game with good players relies less on defensive structures to accomodate average players.
Get rid of irrelevant franchises like Fremantle, Nth Melb, St Kilda, GWS, Port Ade, GC and the talent pool wouldn’t be spread as wide, meaning less coached structures and more skills.

That makes very little sense

It’s a dumb post, regardless of the fact North were named.
Calling teams irrelevant is simply narrow minded. I wouldn’t use the term irrelevant but there is definitely 4-6 teams too many in the comp but because of the TV rights nothing will change and it may even expand more. The talent is already stretched far too thin across the comp
by Jim05
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:NZ win by 7 wickets

Wonder if Kohli will turn to the crowd and tell them to “shut the **** up” again like he did yesterday?
Imagine the outrage if an Aussie did that
by Jim05
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:1: Incase you get quarantined and can't leave the house for a fortnight.
Geez how much do people shit? :lol:
Judging by the amount of it on here I’d say a lot! :)
by Jim05
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Worst defence in the comp, absolute ******* disgrace
by Jim05
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With Tasmania defeating NSW the spoon is staying in SA.
Perhaps the SACA can can erect a huge statue of a wooden spoon at the AO gates in recognition of this momentous occasion
by Jim05
Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The players hate the manager, pure & simple.
He shows them little respect & never praises them. They’re over him & something has to give.
This is a first hand account. It’s quite obvious but I blame the players here. Bunch of soft cocks had no problem with him when they were flying earlier in the season.
by Jim05
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And now DOH airport closing so no Qatar Airlines flights for awhile
Got a link mate?
I can only find where theyve banned incoming people from certain countries.
Want to keep the missus informed as shes supposed to be travelling via Doha on 8/4 Hasn’t been confirmed yet but they are one of our business partners and we have just been told at work. Apparently a press release soon
by Jim05
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

But he said it was just 1 goat :)
by Jim05
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So Tom Hanks is stranded on a beach with someone called Wilson.
Life imitating art now?
by Jim05
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

$500 to Newstart recipients. Pokie barons in lower socioeconomic areas, KFC, Macca's and the local dealer man are rubbing their hands together.*

*Offered as comedic value, not a reflection of all Newstart recipients.
And will give the Liberals an excuse to push through their drug testing of Newstart recipients trial. As it should. Why should people who test positive to any drugs receive any payment from the government
If you adopt that stance, and fair enough if you do, then testing must encompass everyone in the public service, including administration and the parliament, plus government contractors and consultants, because they all receive payments from the government.

Unsurprisingly, the trial only focuses on the more vulnerable who receive government assistance. Seems pointless if it does not target those who are in positions of power and influence whom the community would not want them off their tits high on goofballs. I agree in the point that all government workers should be tested.
We have had mandatory testing for years and it works fine, I can’t believe more businesses don’t do it.
by Jim05
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coronavirus (Covid19)

How bout dem chemtrails hey [emoji23]
by Jim05
Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

About time this thing had its own thread.

Pandemic, or Pandemonium?

Post your stuff here!

Combination of the two.

Literally pressing the suicide button on our childrens futures because of this.

Sadly whether we like it or not we live in an over populated world which will always have some form of risk of death whether thats mother nature, viruses, self caused wars.

The other issue is the precedent this sets, what guarentees do we have that we wont have a similar virus in to years time, three years time. Are we going to shut world down each time. I think the fact that the world didn’t shut down for SARS, MERS, Ebola, Bird Flu, Swine Flu etc shows just how serious the experts are treating this. I’m not buying into the media sensationalism but many in the medical profession are concerned. I hope they are wrong and just being overly cautious
by Jim05
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL 2020 Season

Been a great recruit Goodrem. When he first arrived it was a pretty tough team to break into and word around the traps was likely he wouldn’t be around for long. Even though it’s not my club, always gotta admire recruits that buy in and stick around a long time.
And now his mum works for the club too! On the books of course ;)
by Jim05
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

The Bedge wrote:AdFL will be the benchmark.. what ever they do, every other league will likely follow suit.
Seeing as though other leagues get more than 2 cats and a dog to rock up and watch I’d hope they are acting on the governments advice ;)
by Jim05
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Be serious, everyone is sitting back waiting for someone to be the first to make a move and action around this.. AdFL are the largest Community football organisation in this state - they pull the pin, I’ll guarantee everyone else will too.

Would think though AdFL would get their direction from Community Football Board and/or SANFL/AFL - along with everyone else.

Actually, given BLG do get more than a couple cats and dogs to their games, and the nation wide ban on gatherings is in place, how do you think that’ll impact your wonderful comp? ;) As I said the BL&G should be acting on government advice not some clowns advice from the AdFL. As it stands the government has advised against crowds of 500 or more so the BL&G and most other country leagues would have to suspend the season. AdFL can play on ;)

Tell me Jim, who's the clown from the AdFL?

and do you really think that this clown makes up his or her own advice, as opposed to acting on Government or AFL protocols.

and finally, there are waaaay more than 2 dogs that go to games but are you're off your rocker if you think that cats actually go to football matches ;) :lol: I meant clowns as in plural.
You would be very surprised at the contempt most people in the country have for your precious league.
The country leagues should be basing their decisions solely on what the government says
by Jim05
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |