Search found more than 2669 matches

Return

Re: Norwood calls for fourth interchange player

Rules pertaining to juniors are different in most sports, but a direct comparison would be test vs shield cricket. Not too many major changes except game length. Back to footy, the NEAFL is administered directly by the afl. Does anyone know if their rules are different?
Not sure but the last thing I want is for the SANFL not to be umpired the same way as the AFL.I like that deliberate out of bounds is rarely paid and a defender can kick it 40m up the line knowing he wont be pinged, I much prefer our holding the ball rule and like the 25m penalty. Lets not change for the sake of it
by Jim05
Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19/4)

Are you saying it might be the opposite to what Rucci is pushing in the paper today Jim?
Weaken Port rather than strengthen the Crows?
Yep
A couple of clubs are pushing for no top up players who have played any state league for two years and no mature leadership players. Guys like Callinan for the Crows and Summerton, Raikawaska etc would be forced out if this proposal went ahead.
A lot will depend on how Port go this year, if they win a flag or even go close there will definately be changes to hobble them for the future. The 8 other clubs dont ever want the 2 AFL sides to win a flag
by Jim05
Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

One of the very few times in my life i was barracking for centrals and they let me down. I am depressed about what the sanfl has become now. It is ajoke and people that supportthe crows and power reserves are not real south australians.can somebody give me one good reason to keep following it?

I'm not south Australian because I follow a team that has been apart of this competition since day 1? Seriously my 10 year old niece doesn't even cry this much. You don't need a good reason to keep following, you need to walk away so the rest opus don't have to keep listening to you cry about it.
It's the first year of two full time professional teams playing in our league.
Watching yesterday's game I still can't understand how they're allowed to play in our league. The licenses are sold, we don't need them, though they may need us.

So how long do you think the SANFl would survive without AO? I'd give 3 years max. Face it the only thing that has kept the SANFL alive is the AFL.
SANFL are part owners of AO and allways will be, if you dont like it play at Alberton.
If it wasnt for the SANFL you wouldnt even still be in the AFL
by Jim05
Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

SANFL are part owners of AO and allways will be, if you dont like it play at Alberton.
If it wasnt for the SANFL you wouldnt even still be in the AFL

Since when did the SANFL buy AO? Maybe you should go back and read the post before shooting your mouth off. To say Port and the crows need the SANFL is the biggest laugh out there. Why do you think we now play footy at AO? Why do you think the AFL didn't want the SANFL in control of the licenses? The AFL sides do not need the SANFL, but the SANFL does need the the AFL. Have fun paying for that LEASE if there was no AFL games there.
If you dont need us piss off and go find another comp to play in. The SANFL will survive without the two AFL reserves sides.
The SANFL can quite easily live off the proceeds of AAMI and the rent from AO.
Im sure with your new found wealth you could afford to put your ressies in the VFL and travel to Melbourne every second week
by Jim05
Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AFL Round 5 already and what goes with it

How did the umps not see that ball bounce off the behind post?
They were only 1m away ffs!
by Jim05
Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

A question: If a player such as Lewis Johnston or Cameron Hitchcock is delisted, would their original club eg. North or Glenelg have to pay a transfer fee to get them back?. My gut feel is that Port in particular will keep these blokes on as "top up" players
And pay them $400 a game? Or just make them a mature age player in 2025?
I'm fully expecting to see Hitchcock, Logan etc playing as "$400" players next year.
Hopefully there are changes at seasons end that will prevent this scenerio happening
by Jim05
Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another SANFL side the Eagles at the end of a 58 point belting by a multi million dollar AFL club however the competition is not COMPROMISED !!!!

Comment please Zip Zap Olsen, Triggy , SANFL board, Tripodi and the gang of SIX you have a lot of explaining to do !!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what us long time SANFL supporters thought might happen.

The nightmare has begun !!!!!

SANFL now is a joke a sham a farce
A central supporter whinging about a team being to good. Are you worried they might make the next 12 grand finals and win 9 premierships
They were dominant but atleast they were on a level playing field
by Jim05
Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5 already and what goes with it

Rik E Boy wrote:Glass one week only for jumping in the air and smashing the shit out of Wingard.

regards,

REB

Worst decision of the year by far, 3-4 minimum for that IMO
by Jim05
Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Championship Discussion 2013/14

Nothing to worry about Johnny, good 2-0 win against Wigan.
Welcome back to the EPL
by Jim05
Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another SANFL side the Eagles at the end of a 58 point belting by a multi million dollar AFL club however the competition is not COMPROMISED !!!!

Comment please Zip Zap Olsen, Triggy , SANFL board, Tripodi and the gang of SIX you have a lot of explaining to do !!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what us long time SANFL supporters thought might happen.

The nightmare has begun !!!!!

SANFL now is a joke a sham a farce
A central supporter whinging about a team being to good. Are you worried they might make the next 12 grand finals and win 9 premierships
They were dominant but atleast they were on a level playing field
Aren't the crows 1 and 2 this season??? Hardly a record of a side dominating
Didnt say they were dominating.
Centrals dominated the comp but did it with the same salary cap as the other clubs, they just were good at recruiting and had a great team.
by Jim05
Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

Tippett busted a rib in the ressies on the weekend and will miss a couple of weeks
by Jim05
Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Future of the SANFL

It would be an interesting exercise to work out the weekly salary of the magpies and ravens each week to determine their cost for the season in the SANFL. The clubs then could look at increasing salary cap if in excess of it. Has this been discussed or considered?
Where would the additional funding come from? the brown paper bags they give now. Just ask the redlegs!
Hilarious coming from a mob that breached the cap the same year as us
by Jim05
Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RB wrote:Congratulations, you got 4k for the first time after failing the last three times. Good luck with getting 4k when Walker isn't playing.

Exactly, the sheep only went to see the golden boy
by Jim05
Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good crowd last night on paper but does the SANFL actually keep records of how many paid?
The Crows members getting free entry needs to be abolished next year or their license fee needs to go up
by Jim05
Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wonder if the SANFL clubs would have the balls to make this happen, because as it stands it is completely unfair.

Last year the 8 clubs were adamant that Port could have a reserves team in the SANFL league only under the same conditions as the Crows.

Port whinged "We want to have dedicated SANFL league players of any age and we want a SANFL reserves team too".

The clubs couldn't have backflipped more quickly if they'd had circus training.

You reckon they'll admit to making a mistake now?

I hope so. I reckon some were so enthusiastic about getting the Crows on board, that Port were just an after thought - or no thought at all. They were hardly talked about at the Eagles info night - except for an 80 year old lady saying watch out for them and what they'll get up to - Slaven shrugged off saying they'll just get the same conditions as the Crows.

Even Doug Thomas in his mid-week interview was saying Port will get injuries and other SANFL clubs will get players back so it will even out. Sounded like an attempt to shut up anyone querying what is playing out, to me.

PS. Given none of this is fair or about integrity - I see no problem in the SANFL doing it half way through the season after Port have played each team once.

Serious question, who do you expect to pay out these players contracts?
Another mistake by the SANFL, the AFL clubs should not be able to sign anything other than 1 year contracts because this whole thing is only a year by year proposition
by Jim05
Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here is what Port's top up list looks like.

Anthony Biemans - Geelong football league last 2 years
Angus Brogemann - jnrs at the eagles been playing country footy
Danny Butcher - power last year
Sam Gordon - Hampden football league
Ben Haren - Port jnr Syndney swans
Zac Hawkins - Port jnr
Jake Johansen - Port Jnr
Nathen Krakouer - Hasn't played AFL since 2011 WA Ammo's last 2 years
Aseri Raikiwasa - Port Jnr
Ban Sawford - Port Jnr
Louis Sharrad - Port Jnr
Henry Slattery - Leadership player
Steven Summerton - Port Jnr
Matt Venter - No senior footy 24 years old
Robbie Young - Port Jnr

You can't complain about about Port's jnr's. We still have a academy team in the reserves and our development programs across the state. Slattery is our leadership player. The only one you can complain about is Danny Butcher. The other's haven't played league footy within 18 months. So I don't know what the SANFL or the clubs could actually change.
Option 1:
They can say no top up players who have played at any state league level and that includes Port juniors such as Summerton, Raikawasa etc.
Option 2:
Limit age of top up players to under 21 only
Option 3:
Similar to the old VFL model they can limit the ammount of AFL listed players that can play each week, the VFL limit was 12
by Jim05
Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - Ken Mcgregor medal Top 10 AFL spud award

bays09 wrote:Cbf reading back but has spud jones got a nomination?

Was thinking the same.
Did he have an effective disposal today?
If we wasnt crapping himself and pulling out of contests he was giving the ball back to Cows players
by Jim05
Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup 2014

Go Sharks wrote:this storm side is hardly going to trouble West. West will win easily. They wouldnt beat PNU

LOL
by Jim05
Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rnd 5 - Adelaide v Port Magpies @ Clare Oval (Sun 4/5)

We have a great looking forward line, if the ball gets down there enough we should be able to finish. Has there ever been a better forward line at SANFL level?

F: Walker, Johnston, Porp
HF: Knights, McKernan, Callinan
Over the decades there have been plenty of good forward lines.
May be the best forward line of the era since the Crows came in but pre AFL days there were better forward lines
How soon we forget the great eras, most of those players you have named wouldnt be fit to clean the boots of the great SANFL players of the past
by Jim05
Thu May 01, 2014 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA 2013/14

woodublieve12 wrote:LA Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni has stepped down as head coach..

Pushed more like it IMO
by Jim05
Thu May 01, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Case 2: last night waiting in line at the WCH the triage nurse decides he is going to ring up and order a pizza and then 10 minutes later to everyones amazement he just closes his little window and faarks off to meet the pizza guy , wanders back in like nothing has happened and starts serving customers again!
10min delivery time?!?!
imagesCAE7I5AH.jpg
Took longer than that, he was gone for a good 10-15min, must of been waiting out the front for him
by Jim05
Fri May 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Transfer Rumours 2013/2014

woodublieve12 wrote:
Bully wrote:considering that Shrek ( wayne rooney ) is on 300,000 plus a week, it is small considering

that's ridiculous too

Beer, pizza and Hookers are expensive in the UK!
by Jim05
Fri May 02, 2014 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - live scores , results & what's gone down.

whufc wrote:Terlich would have to be one of the worse kicks to ever play AFL football.

Wasn't even a good kick by SANFL standard.

He is a decent footballer, his foot skills are stopping him being a really good player
by Jim05
Sat May 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Have to laugh at the supporters booing Vince considering it was the Cows who gave him the arse

I'm at the ground and there wasn't any boos. Heard quite a bit of applause though

Definately boos heard on tv. Vince collected the ball in the defensive 50 and kicked down the wing, boos were audible
by Jim05
Sat May 03, 2014 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have to laugh at the supporters booing Vince considering it was the Cows who gave him the arse
by Jim05
Sat May 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mark Riccuittos' comment that quarter was interesting

Reckon there was alot of 'laughter' amongst the players when they run out on the ground
Yeah heard that. Dont think any side can be written off anymore. We took the Saints lightly and paid the price. Adelaide scored within 30 seconds today and probably thought it would be a training run. Their forward line is very suspect with no Lynch. Jenkins looks injured, J Pod is slow and ordinary and Betts is just a front runner. Take Dangerfield out of that side and they would be 10 goals down
by Jim05
Sat May 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

therealR0SC0 wrote:Dangerfield plays for himself not the team, it stands out like dogs balls

Disagree, hate the Cows but without him they wouldnt win a game. Deadset freak, any club would take him
by Jim05
Sat May 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL State Squad possibles

RB wrote:SA v Vic. is hardly a Mickey Mouse game.

Not a true SA v VIC match.
Its just a pissing contest between the SANFL and VFL so they can claim to be the best comp outside the AFL, to make it worse its not even SOO, how many of SA's squad are Victorian or not even from SA?
by Jim05
Sun May 04, 2014 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL State Squad possibles

From a selfish point of view I hope none of our players are selected for this mickey mouse game. We need to worry about getting our own side playing well and the players could do with a week off. Baulderstone and KMac would enjoy the rest
by Jim05
Sun May 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep he copped 2 games.
Absolute disgrace
by Jim05
Tue May 06, 2014 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 7 - live scores , results & what's gone down.

This is what Viney should of done
by Jim05
Tue May 06, 2014 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Viney let off.
Common sense prevails
by Jim05
Thu May 08, 2014 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 IPL Season

pollard is a wanker

so glad his sought arent assoicated with south australian cricket anymore
Pity Starc didn't hit him!

I wish Pollards bat hit Starc.

Imagine if a bowler did the to say Clarke? Or Watson? All of you blokes looking through your green and gold Glasses would be carrying on like 12 year old girls. :roll:
Saw that on the news, disgraceful by Starc, Pollard had every right to do more than throw his bat
by Jim05
Thu May 08, 2014 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Koch Head

Feck me 8 games in and they are crying poor us again :shock:

All I will say is I told you so! As a SACA member thanks to the South Australian tax payer for getting us out of debt much faster than if we had to do it by ourselves and rolling in the cash....
Yep, hopefully the SACA can keep screwing them forever.
by Jim05
Sat May 10, 2014 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Championship Discussion 2013/14

Derby 4-1 Brighton, Rams off to Wembley
by Jim05
Mon May 12, 2014 5:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But also no real decrease in crowds as some seem to be intimating?
Hard to tell, got to take into account the weather, not sure what rd9 was like last year but the weather this weekend was pretty good, I think they would be disappointed with the figures overall. Reckon the numbers will drop off a fair bit in the middle of winter especially when 3-4 clubs season will be over in a month or two's time
by Jim05
Mon May 12, 2014 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Rowey just said on FIVEaa that the reserves isn't working for the Crows and they would be better off going back to their original SANFL teams.

It's pretty clear the topup players aren't working. It seems like there needs to be some other form of filling those slots.
It shouldnt be about whether its working for the Crows or not. It should be purely about what is best for the SANFL sides.
I think the majority of SANFL followers wouldnt care if they are never competitive
by Jim05
Tue May 13, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Wow, thats shocking. Didnt think it deserved anywhere near that
by Jim05
Tue May 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

Good old Adelaide, spend a gazillion on a stadium and $10 on a siren from Bunnings
by Jim05
Thu May 15, 2014 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES ROUND 7

We bent over and copped it up the tailpipe to let these caarnts in, only natural we assume the position again tonight
by Jim05
Fri May 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton inc Post Matc

Disappointing crowd IMO.
Fantastic weather yesterday for a top of the table clash especially when Ports A grade side had the bye.
Would of though 5k as a minimum would of been acceptable
by Jim05
Sun May 18, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should the 8 A grade SANFL clubs be granted a higher salary cap as from next season ?
With so many clubs been raped , I think it might be time for a substantial increase

BIGger salary cap
More quality players recruited
Increase standard of the Comp
More ImPORTs v exPORTs is needed and 8 broke clubs
Thats the only thing I agree with you on.
We cant afford it.
Much easier to peg back the 2 AFL sides and it can be done fairly simply IMO.
- No top ups over 23yo
- Cap AFL players to 12 per game can't argue about the under 23's, can't limit to 12 a game though, defeats the purpose of playing together. Let's be honest there is an Irishman out there that has played 3 games and he is doing it a lot better then a majority of 'guns' from other clubs. The other 8 clubs need to work harder. The Maggie's aren't any better but gees they are a hell of a lot fitter.
What incentive to get fitter, the majority are getting paid $150-300 to play footy and this is after they have spent 8 hrs per day at their full time job. They are semi professionals only, will never be as fit as full time professionals getting $5-10k per game
by Jim05
Sun May 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's totally irrelevant.
If the two AFL clubs want control, then go and buy a plot of land and build your own stadium.

The plot of land at Adelaide Oval was NOT bought by the SANFL. The Government has developed it - so that AFL can be played there.
Only with SANFL approval. If the SANFL said no to the move it wouldnt of gone ahead.
No coincidence the SANFL held up the selling of the licenses until the move to AO was complete? Olsen and co are not complete fools especially when it comes to getting their snouts in the trough
by Jim05
Thu May 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

carey wrote:David King by a mile

He over analyses everything, absolute wanker
by Jim05
Fri May 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Norwood v Eagles - Post Match

Umpires love affair with the Eagles continued. A good hard game destroyed by blatant cheating. Eagles are hard enough to beat without that crap
by Jim05
Fri May 23, 2014 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - South v Crows Reserves - Post match

Interesting that the Crows have only defeated the 2 Clubs that voted NO

Coincidence???
That was one of honest Joes concessions.
The Cows can never beat Norwood and his company gets the contract to build any new Cows facility

Starting to get old and boring, build a bridge.
No I wont.
He is a c**t and I have said this to his face on more than 1 occassion.
You may choose to tow the company line but I will never forgive that lying spineless piece of crap
by Jim05
Sun May 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 - lives scores, results & chewing the fat.

Costly errors by Dangerfield and Sloane in the end
by Jim05
Sun May 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 - lives scores, results & chewing the fat.

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Costly errors by Dangerfield and Sloane in the end

Yeah what great leader's

Sloane was just a bit greedy but no excuse for Dangerfield. Why would you mark it 30-40m out, play on and try to snap it off your left?
by Jim05
Sun May 25, 2014 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

Goodes incident should be looked at.......

But we all know it won't.

Can't half tell who the racists on this forum are judging by the likes and comments.
What a load of crap, not liking Goodes doesnt make you a racist.
He is a dirty sniping prick who just happens to always get off at the tribunal. People were whinging about how protected Ablett is, Goodes is far worse
by Jim05
Thu May 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/norwood-to-lead-review-of-afl-reserves-in-sanfl/story-fnig5e6k-1226937921651

The irony. My favourite bit was the part about not destroying the Sanfl.

Only way for this to happen is for Port to go back to what they where in 2013, all AFL listed players spread between the clubs. Port gave a immediate flat out no to the concept when it was handed to the club late last year.
How is that the only way?
Just make it a rule where all top up players for Port and Adelaide are u23 and no mature age roles such as Callinan.
Summerton and co just have to find new clubs next year, fairly simple.
Also no home games for Port at Alberton.
Very easy to implement these changes
by Jim05
Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |