Search found more than 2670 matches

Return

Re: 2022 AFL Season

DOC wrote:I think West Coast and Fremantle will have to relocate. Wonder if they will come here?
Send them both to Tassie. Relocate one to Launceston and one to Hobart.
by Jim05
Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL 2020-21-22 Season

Aaron wasn’t immunised against another playoff loss
by Jim05
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

DOC wrote:Dylan Alcott Aussie of the year.
All would have been worthy winners but well done to Dylan.
A truly amazing person
by Jim05
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

[quote="Wedgie"]Capacities in hospitality changed back to 50% from 25% as of midnight tonight.

3 weeks will be 100% Election time The Snitch is already in election mode promising more paramedics all over the state!

That was always going to happen, hopefully all South Australians will see him for what he is :roll: More paramedics isn't going to fix the issue, just more ramping to be honest. You kind of need to fix the ramping at the source.

I mean more paramedics is always. Good addition but unless we get these hospitals under control we will just be back in the same situation.[/quote]Labor only had 16 years in power to sort it out yet here we are and somehow Marshall is terrible for not being able to fix it in 3 years in the middle of a global pandemic.
by Jim05
Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

[quote="mighty_tiger_79"][quote="laser"][quote="Barnaby"] He is a hypocrite and a liar from my observations and that is over a long time,……I have never trusted him, and I dislike how earnestly [he] rearranges the truth to a lie.

Surely these leaks are the start of a leadership spill. Frydenberg, Dutton favourites to win? Surely you aren't changing leaders just before an election???

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk They are going to get flogged no matter who is in charge I reckon Albo himself like shorten brings the Libs back in the game. I think it will be close but I would top a Labor Victory.

That being said it's barring any major **** from Labor.

ScMo and his mates a pretty much blowing themselves up each week.[/quote]It will be a massacre. Libs will lose 15+ seats[/quote]15 seats would not be a massacre. In fact it would keep the Liberals competitive ahead of the following election.

Labor lost 36 seats in 1975 and 31 in 1996. Those were massacres.[/quote]I think minimum of 15, most likely 28-30
by Jim05
Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

Bowled out for 213

Vic’s need 316 to win. Lost 5/10

5 10 brings back memories of Jim Keays[ and the recently deceased Glenn Wheatley
They played in a great SA band in the 1960-70's, The Masters Appprentices

Jim Keays played junior football for Norwood

Enjoy the 5 10 man !

https://youtu.be/2u7BEjAhJ7g He actually boarded at my Nan’s house in Burnside for about 10 months
by Jim05
Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WA opening borders on March 3rd with no quarantine but must be triple vaxxed
by Jim05
Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Qantas warns of much higher airfares after brutal court stoush with Perth Airport
The national flag carrier says some travellers are likely to be slapped with higher airfares after it was ordered to pay millions of dollars to Perth Airport.

Qantas warns of higher airfares following court action with Perth Airport. Picture: NCA NewsWire/Andrew Henshaw.

Qantas has been ordered by the West Australian Supreme Court to pay Perth Airport millions of dollars in aeronautical fees dating back to mid-2018, in a decision the airline says could lead to higher airfares.

Perth Airport took Qantas to court over $11m in unpaid fees accumulated over four months when an aeronautical services agreement lapsed and Qantas refused to accept a new deal.

In a judgment delivered by Justice Rene Le Miere on Friday, new per passenger charges were set that were slightly under what Perth Airport was seeking but above what Qantas wanted to pay.

Under his ruling, it was expected Qantas would have to pay the airport in excess of $9 million for a shortfall in fees over five-and-a-half months.

A statement issued by Qantas welcomed the decision but raised concern the assumed return on investment of almost 10 per cent for Perth Airport could “ultimately put significant upward pressure on fares”.

“The decision is positive because it upholds the building block model that is the established basis for setting prices. But it also sets a return on investment that we think is far too high for a low risk monopoly infrastructure asset.” said Qantas chief financial officer Vanessa Hudson.

“Excessive returns for monopolies usually result in over investment to chase returns, which customers ultimately end up paying for.”

She cited the example of electricity networks in New South Wales and Queensland that “over invested” leading to major price hikes for consumers until regulators stepped in.

“Perth Airport ultimately wants Qantas to move to their proposed new terminal but the price to use that facility would not be commercially viable for Qantas if the return on investment in this judgment was applied,” said Ms Hudson.

In an at times fiery trial late last year, the court heard Qantas was charging passengers $17.28 for airport services in 2018 but paying Perth only $10.61 per passenger.

In response Qantas accused Perth Airport of inflating fees with such add-ons as corporate marketing costs and Christmas and Easter decorations throughout the terminals.

It was also alleged Perth Airport was billing Qantas for the cost of donations and corporate hospitality as well as membership to the Australian Airports Association.

Much was made of the fact 25 of the 26 airlines that operated out of Perth Airport had signed new aeronautical agreements, with Qantas the only exception.

Perth Airport CEO Kevin Brown said they looked forward to resolving all outstanding payments and moving forward together to rebuild Western Australia’s aviation sector.

“We’ve already signalled to Qantas our willingness to work on returning the Perth-London service (currently flying out of Darwin), the new Perth-Rome service and additional routes such as Johannesburg and India,” Mr Brown said.

“Our focus remains on quickly reconnecting WA to the world.”

During the trial, Qantas claimed other airlines were not in the financial position to take legal action against the airport, one of Australia’s four biggest gateways.

Ms Hudson said the drawn out case highlighted the need to have an independent arbiter sought out such matters rather than have them dragged through the courts.

“Three years in court to determine five months of pricing shows why the industry needs an expert umpire to resolve stalemates quickly when they occur,” she said.

The 2019 Productivity Commission report on the market power of airports, found no evidence the big gateways were abusing their monopoly positions and rejected airlines’ request for an independent arbiter.

Originally published as Qantas warns of much higher airfares after brutal court stoush with Perth Airport

A lot more to the stoush between Qantas and Perth airport. They have had a heated battle for years over various things. Joyce won’t take this court loss well and will extract revenge. He has already taken the London flights away from Perth and taken them to Darwin for at least another 4 months and freight prices to WA will be hiked up to cover any losses

Not easy to takes sides on that stoush but no doubt the ACCC should look into the Qantas overcharging a levy
Despite Qantas trying to portray themselves as the "national carrier" they have no allegience to being that.
I'll fly with them interstate but never overseas unless I absolutely have to Qantas are our major partner so I effectively work for them but they haven’t been our national airline for some time and during the pandemic there was only one airline who served Australia continuously and it wasn’t Qantas! They do a lot of good but also do a lot to protect their turf which involves a lot of practices that should be deemed anti competitive. I fly them domestically for work but choose Virgin for all my domestic leisure flights as they offer a far better onboard experience. I have a stack of Qantas frequent flyer points which I use on partner airlines and very rarely fly Qantas international
by Jim05
Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

From C.D.F.C….
As you know, we are scheduled to play the Adelaide Crows at Adelaide Oval on the weekend of 13 August. There is no doubt our players and coaches are all excited at being given the opportunity to play at the Adelaide Oval, when the news emerged there was certainly an air of excitement around this match among the group.

Whilst we will work through the ticketing process with the Adelaide Oval, we can confirm that all CDFC ticketed members (2022 home match and season ticket holders) will be provided with entry tickets for the match, and we’ll confirm that process when we get closer to the date.

Giving up a home match is always a difficult decision, but we believe the opportunity for our players, coaches, members and supporters to experience the excitement of watching the Bulldogs playing at Adelaide Oval was something we thought added to our match programming for 2022. We are looking to do something similar in 2023 when we hope to get the opportunity to play a League match in our country zone. Shouldn’t be giving up any homes to this mob
by Jim05
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International Politics

It's all irrelevant if they want to play with their nukes... Hopefully the Russian nukes are as reliable or useful the rest of their machinery or weapons.
They have had dozens of tanks taken out by Molotov cocktails and hundreds of vehicles break down or run out of fuel.
Was hilarious seeing the Ukrainian farmer using his tractor to tow a Russian tank that had ran out of fuel.
by Jim05
Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Melbourne absolutely pumping today and not a mask in sight. Can’t believe how packed the shops and restaurants are
by Jim05
Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1, 2022 - Tips, banter & results.

Kaine Baldwin to debut against the Cats. Been a long road for the kid but finally gets his chance
by Jim05
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakistan/Australia series

Lyon and Swepson look toothless, very disappointing
by Jim05
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pakistan/Australia series

The Pakis just wanted to get on us when it blew out :)
by Jim05
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only got ourselves to blame, beyond the drop catches we had multiple chances to push the game forward and be more attacking.

Smith and Khawaja let the Pakis get away with bowling that would see both me and Bedgie land in car parks all over Adelaide at our pleb level.

The batting go slow in session 3 day two when we were in a very strong position is even more baffling.

Then what to make of our second innings, surely if we wanted to give our bowlers a 20 over rest or mentally disintegrate the opposition we could have went a lot harder than the 4 runs an over. Leaving 9 wickets in the shed and not getting a lead quicker was a sin. You can’t tell me after having a whole nights rest it wasn’t to give the ball an extra 30 minute rest on day 4 ffs. We had more than enough time. The declaration was spot on and everything was fine up until that point.
You can’t field like a u10’s side and expect to win a test.
This should have been over before tea tonight and I’d suggest that Smith doesn’t sleep well for a few nights
by Jim05
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only got ourselves to blame, beyond the drop catches we had multiple chances to push the game forward and be more attacking.

Smith and Khawaja let the Pakis get away with bowling that would see both me and Bedgie land in car parks all over Adelaide at our pleb level.

The batting go slow in session 3 day two when we were in a very strong position is even more baffling.

Then what to make of our second innings, surely if we wanted to give our bowlers a 20 over rest or mentally disintegrate the opposition we could have went a lot harder than the 4 runs an over. Leaving 9 wickets in the shed and not getting a lead quicker was a sin. You can’t tell me after having a whole nights rest it wasn’t to give the ball an extra 30 minute rest on day 4 ffs. We had more than enough time. The declaration was spot on and everything was fine up until that point.
You can’t field like a u10’s side and expect to win a test.
This should have been over before tea tonight and I’d suggest that Smith doesn’t sleep well for a few nights

Like leaving the ball as a batsmen there is only good ones and bad ones…..we didn’t leave ourselves enough time because we didn’t bowl them out. We had opportunities to maximise the time further and we didn’t take it and ultimately it cost us along with other factors such as fielding.

Sadly Borders mental disintegration tactics have backfired big time. We could have had 4 days to bowl them out but it means squat if you don’t hold your catches. Smith holds that soda and they are 3/30 with the ball still newish and into a brittle middle order. He batted another 81 overs after the drop
by Jim05
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 1, 2022 - Tips, banter & results.

Dutchy wrote:oh dear, Tommy in real trouble now :shock:
Sucked in to the grub, hopefully the end of the flog!
Hilarious how this has backfired on him
by Jim05
Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Wedgie wrote:Cheers gents, might try the Mail Exchange. The brewery looks a bit far away in the shopping district. (My missus hates shops)
Anyone tried the Nixon which is right next to Marvel?
Nixon is ok when a game is on at Marvel otherwise I don’t rate it highly
by Jim05
Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Beautiful, can come back to the state tomorrow.
Hopefully never see that wanker Marshall again in my life.
Oh , hang on, except for Norwood and Alberton Ovals where I'm sure I'll see him supporting both of his clubs.
V8s are back baby!
**** off Marshall! And take your ******* basketball stadium with you.
Dickhead.

Signed, someone who's voted Liberal most of his life. Hopefully the SA economy crashes and plenty lose their jobs in SA.
by Jim05
Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Beautiful, can come back to the state tomorrow.
Hopefully never see that wanker Marshall again in my life.
Oh , hang on, except for Norwood and Alberton Ovals where I'm sure I'll see him supporting both of his clubs.
V8s are back baby!
**** off Marshall! And take your ******* basketball stadium with you.
Dickhead.

Signed, someone who's voted Liberal most of his life. Hopefully the SA economy crashes and plenty lose their jobs in SA.

No matter who you vote for nobody wants that If people are stupid enough to vote against a party that has us in the best economic state we have ever been and the envy of others then yeah they deserve to be unemployed
by Jim05
Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The South Australian Political Landscape

Dutchy wrote:Thanks to Bet365 who had Labor at $3.10 2 months ago :D

Malinaskus is very likable and I hope will do a great job.

The guy who shut the repat and destroyed health in this state is very likeable lol
by Jim05
Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1, 2022 - Tips, banter & results.

What a shocking 20 seconds from North
These blokes that try to kick around the corner from a set shot 35m with no angle just frustrates the hell out of me
by Jim05
Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No more Adelaide 500 - Super Cars

Armchair expert wrote:Didn't Marshall sell all the equipment?
Yes but most of it was pretty outdated and needed work so some new equipment was needed regardless
by Jim05
Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would be nice if Smith just didn’t watch balls go through the slips either
by Jim05
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - 2022

MW wrote:Someone is about to lose their job
Nicks ;)
by Jim05
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - 2022

Himmelberg must have photos.
He seriously does everything half arsed and does a great job of avoiding the ball
by Jim05
Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 - 2022

Port had plenty of chances to wrap it up earlier.
Boak had a set shot that should be bread and butter for a bloke of his quality but not for the first team he has sprayed it at a important time. Port missed far too many getable goals and I’ve noticed a trend over the last few years that set shots are actually appearing to getting worse. Now this might not actually be the case as I haven’t seen stats but it just appears many players can simply not kick a set shot from 40m out straight in front
by Jim05
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:Geelong being dodgy, colour me surprised.

Subbed off = ruled out for 14 days

easy fix that should have been implemented from day dot, another **** up by Steve sHocking
That is exactly what should happen.
If you are subbed out you miss 2 weeks
by Jim05
Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PLAY HQ

Just wait to cricket season. People have spent years learning mycricket and now have to swap
by Jim05
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Albo with a basic blunder on day 1 ffs

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk It will still be a massacre but Albo is a shocker I think it might be closer than expected.
A lot of people are gonna find it hard to vote for dumb and dumber and like state election may avoid the major parties.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk I was right about the state election and this a similar feel. Reckon the Libs get routed and have said that for a while now
by Jim05
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gadj1976 wrote:Could I be less inspired by these two clowns? No, no I couldn't.
Throw in that bell end Adam Bandt and it’s a marvellous trifecta
by Jim05
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Good riddance to the tosser

You're normally glass half full mate, surprised by this.
His stance on Tasmania whilst licking the freckles of GWS and GC is a disgrace and I’m not a fan of what he has turned the comp into
by Jim05
Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Norwood v Port

DOC wrote:
mal wrote:Thats an amazing stat by DOC NW V PA

Does NW still lead in all head to head finals between the 2 clubs ?

Yes. But way behind in the H2H in all games.

These stats mean nothing now that it is not like v like,
Yes, all stats should be reset now that they are a AFL reserves side
by Jim05
Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Norwood v West

7.1 for the quarter, much better
by Jim05
Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US

I thought he was all but guaranteed to run again in 2024.

Lose twice, that'd be funny. Reckon he'll get up at the next election. Dems look like getting torn a new one in the midterms.
If the Republicans get a hold of the House and the Senate in the midterms then Biden is a lame duck for the final 2 years of his term
by Jim05
Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wonder if the Productivity Commission has ever done a study on the effects of bringing the tax rate down to a flat rate (or 2) and getting rid of all tax deductions

Psyber ?

Top tax rate in
Singapore: 22% on S$320k+ (US$144,230)
Hong Kong: 17% on HKD200k+ (US$25,485)
Malaysia: 30% on MR2m (US$45,900)

I don't know whether they have ever considered it, nor whether it would work, but I'd like to see figures on how such a system would compare with our present one in terms of funding essential services. Overall, I think our MPs are disinclined to introduce any system that would reduce their net take home earnings.

I recall paying tax at 58 cents in the dollar in the late 1970s, and resenting that high a percentage. My accountant suggested I buy a Mercedes I could tax deduct, but I went for a Porsche instead...

These days, being largely retired and not working at all in private practice, I don't earn enough for the tax rate to bother me - I only work a couple of months each year in public health.

I'm thinking something like (these numbers could be anything)
0% to $20k
10% up to $100k
20% up to $200k
30% thereafter

But, in the world of envy we have in Australia, and even though those earning under $100k would get taxed a crap load less, the lefties wouldn't like it
We will never get proper tax reform whilst there are votes to be won Stop all funding to private schools and tip it into public schools and public housing. Tax the churches and we will debt free in no time. Simple
by Jim05
Mon May 02, 2022 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stop “funding” private schools & see what happens… Little Johnny might have to go without his music lessons or the schools will have to survive with only 8 turf cricket pitches instead of 10?
Any religion based school shouldn’t get a cent from the government
Can you imagine the class sizes in public schools if private schools were forced to close.
Ridiculous comment Jim. The amount of funding given to private schools could cover a whole stack of new public schools.
Yes, perhaps some of the smaller private schools might have to be exempt but absolutely zero dollars should be given to the larger colleges and absolutely nothing should be given to any religious schools.
by Jim05
Tue May 03, 2022 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Vietnam for 2 weeks in October as part of a 6 weeks OS holiday.
Managed to pick up 4x return Business class rewards to Vietnam with Singapore Airlines so spoiling my parents.
by Jim05
Fri May 06, 2022 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Vietnam for 2 weeks in October as part of a 6 weeks OS holiday.
Managed to pick up 4x return Business class rewards to Vietnam with Singapore Airlines so spoiling my parents.
Sounds awesome Jim, very jealous! I’m keen as. We have been to Vietnam a couple of times but my parents haven’t even though it’s been on their bucket list. They have been to China about half a dozen times though aswell as other Asian destinations. They can only go for two weeks so we will travel through Vietnam together and then they will return home and we will continue on to the UK and then have a week in the ME on the way back. I’m trying to get to a WC game in Qatar but I dare say we will end up in Dubai or Abu Dhabi again
by Jim05
Fri May 06, 2022 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL ROUND 8

Couldn’t be much prouder of these guys tonight
by Jim05
Sat May 07, 2022 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Lightning McQueen wrote:Gee that Marshall kid has some potential, I can't believe that Port supporters ever doubted his ability.
That Ken bloke goes ok too, time to extend his contract ;)
by Jim05
Mon May 09, 2022 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

Always a good day when Philly are eliminated.
by Jim05
Fri May 13, 2022 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9

A couple of mates at the SCG tonight
Rampe warming up for the game ;)
by Jim05
Sat May 14, 2022 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League 2021-22

Wedgie wrote:Awesome scenes for Western United and John Aloisi. Haven't even got a home yet!
Hopefully an all Melbourne GF but if AU made it they'd probably have more fans in Melbourne for the GF than Western!
Western United are moving in with Essendon until their new home is built
by Jim05
Sat May 21, 2022 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

locky801 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Giants off to a flyer

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

look a different side under this interim coach :shock:
Essendon coaching box ;)
by Jim05
Sat May 28, 2022 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

UK Fan wrote:50 games since Nicks has taken over as coach.

Crows have recorded 13 wins & 37 losses In that time.

2020 3-14 (wooden spoon)
2o21 7-15
2022 3-8
I don’t think he has much to work with TBH. Their squad looks pretty dire and some of their picks have been massive busts.
by Jim05
Sun May 29, 2022 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

Compensation should be $100k out of the AFL clubs pocket.
You want to take someone at the MSD you cough up $100k
by Jim05
Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 12

Dees look a completely different side without May. He is just too structurally important to their line up
by Jim05
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14

locky801 wrote:Surely the Crows need to start looking elsewhere coach wise, IMO they have gone backwards this season

List is absolute garbage. Not sure many coaches could do much better with this lot IMO
by Jim05
Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |