Search found more than 2678 matches

Return

Re: A Graders

RB wrote:I think the distance between Dane Rampe's 'floor' and 'ceiling' is too wide for him to be considered a genuine A-grader.
He has the ability to climb up the list though
by Jim05
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

I don't think they did string the other states along, the state governments woukd have been fully aware it was going to be played in Queensland but from a political point of view they put in bids anyway as wanted to be seen as at least trying.
The AFL had to look at the bids as part of due diligence in case something extraordinary was offered and help devise a backup plan in case Queenslands outbreak went the way of Victoria's.
Hardly a negative for the AFL I would have thought. AFL and due diligence is surely an oxymoron. Gil does what’s best for himself.
by Jim05
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So Grand Final confirmed for the Gabba.

Whilst I have no issues with it, I do feel like other states never really had a chance - not when you have commentators every night pushing their views that QLD should host it for "saving the AFL season".

Unfortunately it makes sense, I thought we'd have a good chance of getting it being COVID free but most teams are already up there so relocating will be pointless and a waste of money.

Once the finals hit, all of the non participating clubs will head back home along with their families.
Of course it makes sense, I agree - but why go through the whole tender process and make it seem like other states genuinely had a chance?

.. and if they (AFL) were genuinely open about other states apart from QLD hosting, then their commentators and reporters shouldn't have been pushing the QLD agenda IMO.

Seems like a total waste of time - should've just said from the start the Gabba would host. Yep, that was my point.
It was always going to be at the Gabba so why string the other states along.
by Jim05
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:That's the type of shit that could shut the season down.
One can only hope ;)
by Jim05
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:Powderfinger have turned down the GF.
Good, absolutely terrible band
by Jim05
Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 1410

Dinner at Sfizio last night and to say the natives are restless is an understatement.
by Jim05
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 1410

Brucetiki wrote:The Reserves are now a game and percentage clear on top as well.

Things are heading in the right direction.
Definitely not doom and gloom and could be in the mix next year.
The U18’s are still pretty ordinary but that can change quickly
by Jim05
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

MW wrote:suing McClure, Caro and channel 9 for deformation.

They turned into the Elephant man? ;)
by Jim05
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17

Dutchy wrote:who did he swap jumpers with?
McAdam
Both from Halls Creek
by Jim05
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Workplace law re : Contract clauses that prevent you from joining another company in your field.

Anyone in that field? From previous experience it’s just piss and wind and not worth the paper it’s written on. That was many years ago mind you but the legal advice at the time was that the company wouldn’t have a leg to stand on
by Jim05
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Psyber wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
stan wrote:Vic numbers alot better. Hopefully the Warden allows for more outside time.

All I want is a friggin' haircut.

I've grown a pony tail for the time being.
The wife likes it.
This is how I picture you

by Jim05
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:3 cases in SA since 24-Aug (3.5 wks).. surely we are on the verge of a few more restrictions easing?
No, because Stevens has let the power go to his head. He is going to milk it for all he can
by Jim05
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

locky801 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Bring back the rain!
Too friggin hot today already

hang in there Jim, is going back to the mid teens early next week
Beautiful.
My heat tolerance as I get older is rapidly diminishing :)
by Jim05
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Brown will be 28 at the start of next season (he is older than I thought)

He will not be around when North are contending again, I have zero doubts a club will offer him a good deal and North will be adequately compensated.

Collingwood/Brisbane possible suitors The sad thing is if Daniher leaves I could see us chasing Brown which would be a huge mistake IMO
by Jim05
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 18

Please Geelong don’t bottle this :)
by Jim05
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The WA Premier is just giving the people what they want. Over in the wild west they despise the east coast. This suits them perfectly, both politically and the general public.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Yep, he is not known as Mr 99% for nothing. They are a weird bunch that are fearful of the mongol hordes from the East invading their land.
by Jim05
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

amber_fluid wrote:Imagine Polec tagging Cripps. :lol: :lol:
Imagine a coach being stupid enough to ask that.
I’m no Polec fan but everyone knows what you get with him and it’s bizarre to think he will miraculously change this late in his career
by Jim05
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Mrs. Creation and I went to Vietnam House on Bagster Road, Salisbury North last night. It was her first time there, and my second.

For our starters, Mrs. C. got a chicken & sweetcorn soup, while I went with the crab meat & asparagus. Both were really tasty, and were ample in size, and they were devoured within a few minutes.

Mrs C's soup: 8/10
My soup: 8/10

For our mains, Mrs. C. went with the standard sweet & sour pork, while I went for the claypot with caramelized pork belly and quail egg. I was about to have a dig at the missus for not being adventurous until she gave me a taste of her meal. I doubt I've had a bite of sweet & sour pork that good. My claypot was everything I was hoping it would be, and more. The pork was cooked perfectly, and there was a pleasant lack of gristle in both our dishes.

Mrs. C's main: 8.5/10
My main: 9/10.

Vietnam House.jpg

We both went for fried ice cream for dessert. I don't usually touch ice cream unless I'm home (it goes straight through me), but I made a happy exception tonight. The coconut batter around the ice cream itself was a revelation, and was topped nicely with nuts.

Mrs. C's dessert: 9/10
My dessert: 9/10

Service wise, the owner/waiter is very charismatic and chatty, and he seems to love his job. For people not expecting that, it might throw you off at first, but he's a good bloke, and happy to have a laugh.

The lady who brought us our meals was flat out all night, but was very efficient and polite nonetheless. She's obviously worked out a system that works.

Our three courses and a can of soft drink each cost just shy of $70, so it's excellent value too.

In summary, if you're from the north and want to try a new spot, here you go. You're welcome. If you're from elsewhere and you want brave the northern suburbs, you'll be safe here.

I'm in walking distance of this place, and it is seriously the best Asian food in the state (in my opinion anyway).

Normally when I eat somewhere there's a go-to dish I tend to stick with. Not here. I have a rotation of about half a dozen different dishes that I'll eat there, though I often alternate between the Singapore noodles and the laksa for the main.

For entrée, you can't go past their Vietnam House spring rolls. If you can find better spring rolls I want to know about them. Oh, and the satay sauce that accompanies the prawn crackers is amazing.

The place is often quite busy - I don't think I've ever seen the place quiet (outside of COVID). And the staff are fantastic. Some of the lines the owner says are brilliant - best one was asking 'what breed' in response to someone ordering a particular dish.

It's great food and always an entertaining experience there.
I reckon our footy club has put the Vietnam House owners grandkids through college already. Cant go a day without seeing blokes on Snapchat having lunch there. Good food and proximity to RAAF base is a recipe for success. I often head there when I’m working at the base and always plenty of ADF staff there.

Mai kitchen at Ferryden Park is another Vietnamese restaurant that serves amazing food. It’s tucked away in a side street but food is great
by Jim05
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Michael Godden come on down!
by Jim05
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Retirements and delistings / trade talk

One of the biggest waste of talents in recent years. I honestly thought he could win a Brownlow the way he played those first couple of years
by Jim05
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

“Drug Diverted”
:)
by Jim05
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

Jimmy_041 wrote:You can have Jarrad Cotton back
In fact, a lot of Norwood members will become members to sweeten the deal
I will buy 10 memberships of the Dogs if that happened :)
by Jim05
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2021 Player movements

I purchased 2x “Captain’s club plus” memberships this year @ $700 each plus purchased approximately $800 worth of merchandise for myself and family (similar to what I do most years) I hate Cotton
Might be worth emailing the club so see if the manufacturer might consider using an alternative fabric, like corduroy, polar fleece, tweed, or even gabardine. Wonder if the club will reconsider Lycra :)
by Jim05
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Will be interesting to see what happens at Centrals now in regards to recruiting for 2020.

Not sure how the club operates but if Andrews was the man targeting recruits then we might be a bit behind the ball. If it was Granty and the football department then the changing coach may have little to no impact.

Our season will be determined by our off season recruiting imo.

We are only a couple of big bodied key position players away from being a finals side. If we cant find them from anywhere I fear we will be bullied all over the park again regardless of who the coach is. We can increase our players fitness, skills, smarts but their all stuck with their height and we were a midget side.

If we all pretend the only reason Andrews was dismissed for poor performances I find that slightly odd and believe maybe the club over inflated their opinion of our playing group (similar to what I believe the Crows have done in the last couple of years) we were a very young side and were always going to produce inconsistent football. I definitely didn't have us as finals contenders and would be surprised if the club thought we should have played finals.

Jeff had opened up conversations with several players/managers including Kobe Mutch and Majak Daw. He had specific targets re big bodied mids and tall impact players to complement a list he inherited.
The onus is now on those who moved him on to recruit. Hopefully they move quickly on a coach to give him a chance re the style of player he wants.

If what the club is saying and no one has been spoken to about the coaching role then I think we are going to be behind the eight ball.

You would imagine they are at least a month away from having a coach sorted which isn't ideal as nearly all clubs would be starting conversations with potential recruits.

Best case scenario is Granty and co are starting that process but personally I don't believe this is even ideal as imo a coach should be having a major say as to who and what style of player they are looking for.

Funnily enough there are so many comparisons that can be made with Man Untied when comparing the aftermath from losing a great manager. Man United had Ferguson retire and hired a lesser known (to the outside football world) David Moyes (EPL fans would have known him well) despite having potential big names going for the gig. Moyes lasted the one season, less than a year to which he was replaced by the big name. They have had 5 managers in the 7 years since Ferguson quit and never found the right chemistry.

Can see a lot of similarities between them and us and it doesn't paint a pretty picture. As long as you aren’t similar to Essendon!
After a long and successful regime we brought in a relatively unknown and promptly sacked him before replacing him with a club legend and the rest is history :)
by Jim05
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

you hate cotton yet you spend $2200 and dont attend games!!!! cn, no body does that, thats the biggest load of tripe you have ever posted mate I don’t care what you think it’s fact.
I purchased 2x “Captain’s club plus” memberships this year @ $700 each plus purchased approximately $800 worth of merchandise for myself and family (similar to what I do most years) I hate Cotton but have still attended nearly every game in previous years and had intended to do so again this year. I was hoping that maybe things might be different this year but it was evident early on his game style was horrid again and after a couple of games I decided enough was enough.
I spent several thousand on Essendon memberships also and attended just the 2 games at Adelaide Oval for my money so I’m just a sucker for punishment I think.

Im in the wrong job :D I don’t drink and gamble $500 a week away like some ;)
by Jim05
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chris Eccles has resigned. Dan’s house of cards is falling around him.
Can’t wait to see Dan’s press conference today, more spin than Warnie on day 5 in India
by Jim05
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="Apachebulldog"]Comrade Danski is Gonski !!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately I just don’t see it happening. There has been rumblings that Vic Labor MP’s are trying to boot him but nothing will come of it IMO

Gladys Bjelkepeterson will be gone before Andrews :lol:

Comrade Dan has been unmasked so it could be bye bye but he will possibly be forced back to answer charges for manslaughter of the elderly in Victoria under the auspices of the lovely draconian safety laws he enacted some time back against the big end of town.

Gladys can grab her hand bag jump on the Ruby Princess and go on a nice long cruise.

Palleychuck can can round up all her old chooks and piss of as well.

What a lousy crop of politicians.

Again, Aged Care is a Federal responsibility, as per the RC. So it is Colbeck and Morrison who have to answer to that one.[/quote]Yet no problems with the elderly in other states.
If Dan’s cronies had taken proper care of hotel quarantine like the other states the virus wouldn’t have reached the elderly.
by Jim05
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Thomas announced as Centrals coach!
Lolololol
He has had it for about a month IMO
by Jim05
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 3 - Preliminary Finals

Port were brave but you won’t get many better chances to play in a GF
by Jim05
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 3 - Preliminary Finals

Lol
Only GF that will ever be played outside Victoria and there is 2 Victorian clubs competing.
Gil couldn’t even get the fix done properly
by Jim05
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Neale should have been even money to win. Most predictable Brownlow ever and well deserved
by Jim05
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

Heard people say that numerous times, Nankervis had no help for the entire game, at least Port had Ladhams to give him a chop out True but I think Lycett and Ladhams spent over 80% of TOG, Nankervis was in the 60% region so it seems Richmond were prepared to give him a few decent spells on the pine. Nankervis was still going strong at the final siren and it wasn’t just those couple of marks in defence his ruck work was instrumental in giving Richmond the dominance in clearances
by Jim05
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Not sure if Im sandra sully here, but Port have said no to Crouch. All too hard apparently.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Crouch has nominated the Saints officially
by Jim05
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

Booney wrote:Is October 21 the earliest a Redbacks season has been called a disaster?
I think many of us predicted this months ago. Officially a basket case
by Jim05
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: reserves

At this stage the AFL clubs are 100% in the league competition (unfortunately). It will depend on how Covid shapes AFL next year - they may not be able to play in our league again next year.
But the SANFL clubs are now holding the whip hand and believe that the original arrangements made were way too favourable towards the AFL clubs.
The clubs have given the SANFL some non negotiables including... no marquee players and top up players to receive a flat payment of $200.00 per game.

Here we go again.....the power delists Cam Sutcliffe but wants him to continue playing in their SANFL side. I reckon they will be under handed (again) and offer some sought of inducement which the SANFL sides can't match.
He's already been a marqee player once. Yep.
Scrap the marquee player completely and make it that no one who has been on a AFL list previously is eligible to play.

I still don’t believe the AFL reserves are a fait accompli and that the SANFL has a number of proposals to run the rule over
by Jim05
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apparently this bloke has requested a trade
by Jim05
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: reserves

When the Reserves concept was originally voted on (with no member input), the vote was 6-2, with only South and Central voting against. What would the vote be if it could be done again now, for next season?
If only all the other clubs voted no... why didn’t they???? Because Honest Joe is a snake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Jim05
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smart by both parties but it’s legalised draft tampering no matter how the AFL spins it
by Jim05
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fox Footy claiming that Riley Bonner from Port possibly to be used in a trade for Fantasia with Essendon Most Port fans I know would give us a pick to take Bonner!

It is what it is though. Take it and move on. With well over $2m of salary cap space to bank we can throw some cash at Dunkley and others and shake a few trees
by Jim05
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 AFL Grand Final Richmond v Geelong

Andrew Stockdale is seriously good though. Should have just let him do the whole pre game entertainment
by Jim05
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 AFL Grand Final Richmond v Geelong

Bolton has done some nice things
by Jim05
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2020 AFL Grand Final Richmond v Geelong

Dusty is the best "Big Game" player ever, now proven.

Agreed.

With that said, as someone who was never a good sportsman, I don't understand this concept of a big game player.
Doesn't that just mean he's lazy in games that don't matter as much?
Why doesn't he play this good all the time?

Or is it more that he plays at the same level, and other players drop off in big games cause the nerves get to them, and comparatively it makes him look better in the big games? I think he went through the motions a few times this year. If he was serious he could kick 3-4 most weeks. He does appear to lift in big games
How's that last goal, that just shouldn't and doesn't happen. I’ve never seen Dangerfield treated with such contempt. He swatted him away like a fly and then the finish WOW
by Jim05
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

2 more days before 3 weeks holiday just in time before the Christmas chaos at work begins. Driving up to FNQ via the NT, something I haven’t done in almost 20 years as we usually fly up. Decided for a change a scenery this time around
by Jim05
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hopefully every country club is on the phone to these blokes trying to poach them.
by Jim05
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Well Daisy and Beef, we will just have to wait and see. With Job Keeper being paid till end of March to the majority of SANFL players, doubt there will be a mass exodus of players in 2021. Then they put the salary cap back for 2022. So clubs will make sure all these players have signed contracts for next year, or they will cease their Job Keeper payments. That’s their plan anyway, and think they have it spot on. The sooner country clubs and Ammo clubs are stopped from wasting ridiculous amounts of money on spud players the better! Who are you to tell people what to do with their money. If club sponsors or supporters want to tip in money or give them jobs good on them
by Jim05
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I'm not 100% sure they'll be in the comp.

If squads go 42 + 2 rookies

Any injuries plus taking emergencies interstate they may not field a full development squad team

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

They will probably be allowed to raid our lists to make their numbers up.

I wouldn’t be joking about this

Koch “If there are smaller (AFL) list sizes that would not stop us being the Magpies, but the SANFL have got to come to the party and make it a level playing field (ability to recruit) on the same basis as the other clubs.
They have to be flexible with that and love us or hate us, I think South Australian football is the better for having a Magpies in the SANFL and that history.'

So they want to spend more to be more competitive if lists are cut.

Contradicting the reason for list cuts Hope he was told to go **** himself
by Jim05
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two first rounders for Kelly? You’d think Cameron is worth the same

Huge price to pay for a bloke turning 28. This is the year to do it though.
Arguably the most compromised draft in the history I think most clubs would give up a couple of first rounders for someone of Cameron’s ilk. Nope.
Bombers need a replacement for Daniher

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Cameron would be a band aid for us. We need to cop our medicine and hit the draft or trade for players under 25. If we need some experience just get someone on the cheap like Brown or McDonald for a couple of years
by Jim05
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

The rules should be even more weighted towards the genuine clubs.
AFL reserves sides should never be allowed to win a Premiership in the SANFL.
by Jim05
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Spending Sunday getting re-acquainted with my smoker and enjoying the company of my daughters, I was in my happy place.........................until my 25 year old informed me that she has a stalker, the dude is around my age and is the dad of one of her footy team mates.

She has spoken to her coach and a couple of other club officials but it is obviously not getting the action required, I'm pretty sure the process is about to go up a notch.

Like.

Dislike.

I'm f****** livid. I'll have an address by 10am this morning, I've done some research. Just make sure you chop the body up into smaller pieces if you intend on using the smoker :)
by Jim05
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |