Search found more than 2678 matches

Return

Re: BL&G Football League

Freeling on the winners list for the first time in ages. Willaston on the slide?
by Jim05
Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12 Port v Glenelg

History in the making

First time in history Port have lost every game at Alberton in a season
by Jim05
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2022 Australian tour of Sri Lanka

Armchair expert wrote:They could do something crazy like play Maxwell ahead of Green
Let’s pick a bloke that hasn’t played red ball cricket for 2 years hey.
You make yourself unavailable for Shield cricket and you shouldn’t be anywhere near the test squad IMO
by Jim05
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RIP Neil Kerley

MW wrote:Has there been a football identity that has impacted three clubs as much as Knuckles?
In SA probably not.
In Victoria I’d say Barassi
by Jim05
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16

Armchair expert wrote:Even Jimbo will struggle to bag Essendon today
Very happy with the kids today.
We make a heap of mistakes but can’t fault our endeavour today and deserved that win
by Jim05
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Port v North

Fantastic to see.
Hopefully this becomes a common event and Port get trounced every single week
by Jim05
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Port v North

Booney wrote:
Hazydog wrote:Do Port supporters actually care about the Power Reserves I wonder? Maybe the penny has finally dropped that they aren’t the Magpies and to masquerade as them is/was plainly disrespectful.

Do people go and support them? Yes, there's the answer.
Judging by the crowds I’d say it’s debatable
by Jim05
Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Eagles v Norwood

locky801 wrote:Geez Essendon winning and the Legs doing the job here Jim will be beside himself :D ;)
Missing this for a friggin baby shower :(
by Jim05
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Won’t get tired of seeing another Aish destroy Port :)

Shouldn't you be arseholing one of your clubs coaches/CEO/Football boss/water boys?
Shouldn’t you be happy clapping after another loss?
by Jim05
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Albanese Labor Govt Watch

Alba kneeze should get off them stay out of Ukraine stop his virture signalling and head back to Australia and try to sort out our problems. I actually applaud him for it and great to see us throw more military equipment their way. Fantastic that he has also called out Russia and has increased sanctions against them.
by Jim05
Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Won’t get tired of seeing another Aish destroy Port :)
by Jim05
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Central v South

Questions need to be asked about South's season.
After finishing third the last 2 years the recruitment this year has not worked. Forward line is dysfunctional and you have to wonder if Wright has taken the team as far as he can.
Can only hope recruitment is better for next year. Anyone know if Brownless will be back at South next year? Hopefully we can get Skinner back if Port don't offer him another contract. Need a key forward desperately. Losing Menzie to sit in our VFL team hasn’t helped. He was looking real good and then to lose Kantilla aswell has taken away 2 small forwards that could kick a goal
by Jim05
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Might be unbearable in 12 months if the Poms play like this against us. These two could bat with a stump and still make runs. They ain’t beating us. Their top order is garbage. Lees and Crawley are genuine crabs and Pope would struggle to get a game at the Redbacks. Root and Fat Johnny will have to score the bulk of runs but Johnny is a scared kitten against us. They don’t have a spin bowler and their ageing attack will be another year older.
We would absolutely flog them if we played tomorrow
by Jim05
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Australian tour of Sri Lanka

Kick in the guts to those working their backsides off at SS level if Maxwell is picked
by Jim05
Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

gazzamagoo wrote:
goddy11 wrote:We found a disused brown paper bag in the storage room.

Well you DID play Norwood last week! They must have dropped it.
Brown paper bags are so 1980’s.
Clubs have moved on to Premiership DVD’s now ;)
by Jim05
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

R13 Norwood v North

Think the North players have joined Wedgie on the hill, last 4 goals to Norwood who have the lead :roll: Absolute belter of a game so far. Both teams playing some quality football but not sure Rawlings knows that Moore is out there

Hows the umpiring Jim, few North supporters complaining on another site that North are getting hammered Pretty ordinary for both sides but reckon we got a couple of soft ones late in the second quarter
by Jim05
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:And as I post Chandimal edges through to Carey, great delivery from Starc but Dharmasena says not out and Aus have no reviews FFS.
Dharmacheater

so the batsman cheated as well :D
He is a shocking umpire.
Can’t get the finger up quick enough when we are batting
by Jim05
Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17

Have to give it to north they moved the ball really well for 3/4's.
Davies-uniak or whatever his name is killed us in clearance and hit up a forward most times.
Larkey was brilliant, zeibel took some strong grabs.
North will get a big scalp before seasons end .

As for the crows, I'd hate to be a forward.
They kick too often at the player rather than to him.
Kick it into space for the forward to run to.
But there's no space because the smaller forwards are dragging their defender to that space.
So they sit on walker or Fogarty's head.

Only big scalps left are Richmond this week and Sydney in a few weeks. Can't see them getting near Richmond.
Play the Suns final round who have beaten Freo, Carlton, Sydney, Richmond & really should’ve beaten Collingwood.
Saturday’s effort would see North account for Hawthorn, Essendon & Adelaide comfortably in the run home… If you win all of those it should put the Priority pick talk to bed ;)
by Jim05
Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very dark day for Australian cricket.
Absolute disgrace
by Jim05
Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Simpson will part ways with WC IMO and could be a chance.

I don’t think Noble was much chop but bizarre for the club to commit to bottom out only to then sack the coach when they actually do bottom out
by Jim05
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Central v Sturt

Bad kicking is bad football. Dogs missed some very easy shots
by Jim05
Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Port v West

Well done Westies
by Jim05
Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

RAMBO Malinauskas is gonna fix the problem.

Ramping 40% up now with extra Ambulances and staff all not warranted what is needed is all these poor patients going past 1st base thats the ED doors so they can be given expert medical attention.

More more wards beds staff are needed blind freddy can work that out why cant the beaureaucrats.

Just go and advertise for more nurses and doctors then, yeah? Amazing that just before the election the Ambo’s were scrawling graffiti on their vehicles and proactively slamming the Libs to get their mates elected and now ramping is worse crickets from them.
Who would have thought the mob that destroyed health in this state would be up to their old tricks
by Jim05
Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who will start World War 3 Vlad Putin or Joe Biden

NATO/USA and their proxy puppet Zelensky do not want or have really and truly attempted to a get peaceful outcome do not forget the big boys have been putting their pieces in place and gearing up since 2004 to take on the Big Bad Bear my opinion is as long as the Yanks keep supplying Mr Zee with long range missiles to attack cities and towns in the Donbass its gonna get pretty ugly this unfortunately will force Mr Putin's hand and he will go all the way to Kiev and maybe the rest of Ukraine i really hope this does not happen. Why should they seek peace, Russia has invaded and occupied THEIR land.
Hope the US and west keep the supplies coming
by Jim05
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 Norwood vs C&$@s

locky801 wrote:Norwood in an upset by 11 points to give Jimbo a huge birthday present
Very early birthday present :)
I will check the scores from time to time but doubt I watch it and I no longer attend any games against AFL reserves sides
by Jim05
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 16 Dogs vs Power Reserves

Weak as piss by the SANFL. Port should be told to turn up when they are told or forfeit the game
by Jim05
Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2022

Definitely need some astute and shrewd recruiting as the reserves are pretty thin for talent and both underage sides are woeful currently so not sure there is much down there than can step up.
I don’t think the league side is that far off TBH and are competitive most weeks
by Jim05
Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PORT MAGPIES

Are Port having trouble attracting "top up" players with their max payment being $200 per top up player? Too bad. Couldn’t care less if they play with 10 players each week.
The rules should still be harsher so that both sides are unable to even make finals. If they don’t like it they can go to the VFLQFLNSWFLACTFL comp
by Jim05
Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Jimmy_041 wrote:All day lunch at the Oyster Bar with a Sydney mate
by Jim05
Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NRL

Seven Manly players have decided to make themselves unavailable this week, rather than wear a "Pride" jersey. Apparently based on religious grounds, but they are OK having Pointsbet as a major sponsor. They are being selective on which sins they will or will not support. Well done to Des Hassler on his response.

Absolute debacle though. A side split in two, over an issue not connected with what they signed up for. Surely Manly hierarchy knew that their pacific islander players, as a general rule, hold more strongly/literally to their Christian/spiritual beliefs than your average Anglo Saxon 2022 version, who mostly now go along with the latest. Like throwing a grenade into their own camp! :shock:
They don't seem to have an issue with a gambling company on their jerseys and alcohol sponsorship of their stadium though.

Gambling can be problematic but no one (or hardly anyone) would see it as being 'sinful' as such. Alcohol would be viewed the same Doesn’t jeebus forbid tattoos or something like that in his book of fairytales. Quite a bit of ink on those lads
by Jim05
Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Why no games this week?
Part of the EBA or whatever you want to call it between the league and players.
Have to have a set amount of weeks off per season
by Jim05
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Wedgie wrote:Must be that time of year.
Josh Kennedy announces his retirement at the end of year too.
He's a player I've greatly admired.
Farewell game this week against the Crows.
Has been a fantastic player and had a great career
by Jim05
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

RB wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:I reckon Hinkley will be the coach next year.

The supporters of 17 clubs live in hope!!
Whilst a change is probably needed I don’t think they are that far off it and the players are still playing for him
by Jim05
Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

tipper wrote: too many restrictions on them here in SA apparently

Those harsh restrictions that has seen Port play in 3 GF’s and the Crows to be sitting equal top currently.
Must be real tough
by Jim05
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 WWT V Ravens

Well the 5 is set and Norwood v Glenelg this week becomes even bigger as the loser will most likely miss the double chance
by Jim05
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 21

Josh having a day out in his final game. What a career
by Jim05
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 South vs Power Reserves Sunday 1:35

Garthwaite destroyed the Power.
What a kick after the siren to win by 9 points
by Jim05
Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Rudi Koertzen killed in a car crash, the finger of death is no more

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/101317564
by Jim05
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

That footage shown last night on footy classified of Truck being ignored by one of his players on the bench was horrific. The disrespect...I would have delisted whoever that pleb was on the spot.
It was a tad misleading, they showed clips of Port running amok against Essendon beforehand inferring it was from the weekend when in fact the bench footage came from the game vs North when they were comfortably in front.

ah right ok. even so, the distain by Hind was still there and left truck looking like a fool. Was unacceptable by Hind.
I get that he was infuriated by being dumped in a dangerous tackle where he hit his head so he gave the umpire a spray which led to a free and goal but the least he could do is look the coach in the eyes
by Jim05
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Can’t hold a hose but can can hold many portfolios
by Jim05
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Player taken with each pick in the AFL Draft

Hird at 79 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Noticing a lot of the decent names in the 100's-70's are players from over 10 years ago..

Is it a case of clubs having better scouting networks etc these days so good players just cant be hidden as easily in a by gone era.

Hird had grown up in Canberra and played a lot of soccer and League.
He was injured for a fair chunk of his U18’s football career with hip injuries and it was thought a huge punt to draft him.
He was one of our last picks and was only taken because of his name and it’s association with the club. Funnily enough he missed the whole of his first season with us due to injury and the club had actually voted to delist to him but Sheedy who held the power at the club demanded he be kept on
by Jim05
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Yeah I like to have some fun on here sometimes on here and post sh!te, bit of banter never hurt anyone.

In all honesty a good pick up for North with Clarkson. Will eb interesting to see how they develop over the next three years.

Essendon though, their members can feel pretty dirty towards their board. What is their vision? It appears as if they could've had Clarkson if they acted earlier but it seems as if they're still living off the past glories of 20 years ago and over rating their importance in the wider AFL scheme of things.

They are one of the big traditional big four - along with Carlton, Collingwood and Richmond but past glories count for nothing as Carlton have demonstrated. Clarko isn’t the silver bullet everyone thinks.
When you have a dysfunctional board it doesn’t matter who the coach is.
by Jim05
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 in an 18 game Season West v Norwood

Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Not a great day for the club so far.
U16’s claimed the spoon after West won at the death.

Great result ;)
Rather win the spoon in the juniors than than the seniors ;)

U18’s ended up Minor Premiers
by Jim05
Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How good would it be if Ken Hinkley got the job Jim? I actually don’t hate Ken.
He has done a good job at Port and come in when the club was on its knees. Yes I think he has probably stayed on a touch too long but after just missing out on a GF a couple of years back he had every right to think they were not that far off.
We all like to make jokes about him but he has undoubtedly left Port in a better place than when he started.
I’d rather Ken than Ross, Buckley etc and definitely over Hird
by Jim05
Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stability and continuity must count for something.

Hinkley for instance - yes 10yrs at the helm and perhaps over stayed - but has been able to form his own style, build his list and work towards something.

I saw a stat earlier that showed Essendon coaches since Sheedy:

O'Donnell - 1 game
Knights - 67 games
Hird - 85 games
Goodwin - 1 game
Thompson - 23 games
Egan - 3 games
Worsfold - 107 games
Rutten - 43 games

That includes like 5 coaches in 5 years?

Only dawned on me the other night, non-Sheedy coached flags at Windy Hill in the last 57 years = 0. Granted Sheeds was there for a long time, but you'd expect that to read better for such a big club. All clubs have barren spells and we were no different. We went from 65 to 84 between flags then won 4 in 17 years under Sheedy with 3 losing GF’s in his tenure. Things will turn again eventually, Richmond we’re in a worse spot than us and managed it but it takes the whole club pulling in the same direction and a stable board so it’s just a matter of how long before we can drive out the current charlatans
by Jim05
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

A piece of me is sad that the old Thebby grandstands will make way.
I just hope some of the West Torrens history and great names can somehow be incorporated into the new precinct
by Jim05
Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Essendon

Robert Walls and Jordan Lewis on the coaching review panel which is fantastic as both hate Essendon so will give some good feedback
by Jim05
Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International Travel post lockdowns

Heading to Vietnam in October for a couple of weeks followed by a few days in Singapore, Bangkok and KL before heading to the UAE for just over a week.
by Jim05
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Norwood v Glenelg

Straight sets again.
We just don’t have the list to go deep in finals
by Jim05
Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |