All international flying suspended 30 March to 14 June
Domestic capacity reduction of 50% until 14 June
Equivalent to 53 aircraft on ground
BNE-HND launch postponed
MEL-DPS launch postponed
MEL-LAX suspended from 20 March
Reduced schedule to run between now and 30 March to get Australians home
For aircraft this means;
34 x 737s (20 from domestic, 14 from international)
6 x A320s
2 x ATRs
6 x A330s (5 from domestic operations and 1 from international (HND))
5 x 777s
by Jim05
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Neighbours has been canned

Finally the Coronavirus has done something good :)
by Jim05
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Australia has closed its borders to all foreign nationals
by Jim05
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - Corona(man)virus, Spargo Flu & Booney Fever

Without the frees Carlton would have struggled to score
by Jim05
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

DOC wrote:Apparently, a poo in the shower and the steps taken to dispose of it down the drain is known as a waffle stomp.
Yes it is.
And let’s be honest who hasn’t had a sneaky crap in the shower after a massive night out
by Jim05
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - Corona(man)virus, Spargo Flu & Booney Fever

How can this be so, everybody was saying the Suns were ones to watch after winning a couple of practice games.
by Jim05
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AFL 2020 Season

Close the AFL down for the season.

Play state based competition. VFL, WAFL, SANFL etc.

AFL players to be eligible to be drafted by local clubs.

The wheel has turned!

Just about to post the same

Do we bring back Woodville and West Torrens? Who do the umpires look after when they play each other?
by Jim05
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:And GST ???
Will that have to increase?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
by Jim05
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

Centrals having to close Grand Central at 12.00 today, that seems to be their only real source of income. Could be the end of them. Plus i'm sure every other other SANFL club is in the same boat, not sure how any club survives without income for possibly months. AFL will be assisting AFL clubs to stay afloat, wont have the money to save every SANFL WAFL VFL NEAFL club WAFL is as safe as houses

Why is that?
Do they have an alternative income stream?
I don’t really follow the wafl these days so I am intrigued to know. The WAFC own the West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers so aswell as both having to pay a fee to the WAFL the WAFC is chartered with looking after all football in the state so they would never allow it to go broke. The Eagles are the richest club in the land so plenty of money to go around
by Jim05
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At least the WA government told the cruise ship that wanted to dock at Fremantle with 1700 passengers to **** off.
by Jim05
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The fact that ScoMo was literally able to say that Australians can’t get a tan or a tattoo, but can still get a haircut, with 1.5m appropriate social distancing , just summed it up for me really. :roll:

Everyone still working is an essential worker apparently. Not sure the chicks in the make-up section at Myer are essential but what would we know? Surely it’s just encouraging morons to head to the shops when they don’t need to.

I genuinely don’t know where we go from here.

The barber better have good aim; after all, his scissors need to be 1.5 metres long and not be used within 4sqm. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200324/3f7b6c9af9c223f8a16b832ef5377227.jpg
by Jim05
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SA Government Unveils $650 Million Jobs Rescue Package

Earlier today South Australian Premier Steven Marshall announced a $650 million Jobs Rescue Package to help industries flailing in the wake of coronavirus. Details of the package were unveiled by Treasurer Rob Lucas in a press conference this afternoon.

The package includes a $300 million Business and Jobs Support Fund and a $250 million Community and Jobs Support Fund (to assist sporting, arts and recreational organisations). So the unemployed get another $500 bonus aswell?
Seems no one wants to help the people actual workers who have had massive hours cut or have taken LWOP
by Jim05
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are going to struggle to raise 250k we are not in a great socio economic area
dont know how e are going to get close .If we do fold no way will i be following the SANFL anymore
couldnt follow another team.I fear for my club. All clubs surely have wealthy supporters that could chip in to help ease the burden
by Jim05
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q - You seem to be pretty well across the subject. I’m your esteemed opinion, when do you think the pubs might re-open?

In SA and based on sheer optimism rather than anything evidentiary - June-ish, to coincide with ammo footy restarting too :D

And the international borders......Christmas? October/November IMO
Don’t see it being much earlier than that although International flights might ramp up again by July/August
by Jim05
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jesus H.

The US has revised their forecasting and predict 100,000 people in the US will die with the number potentially reaching as high as 240,000. :shock:

There is no way Trump can get reelected, his handling of this has been nothing short of diabolical. His actions and words are verging on criminal. You severely underestimate how dumb the Yanks are. Half of the US love Trump and he will turn it all back on China and promise the world to the public and they will lap it up.
He will utterly destroy Biden
by Jim05
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Once again Booney attacks people for having a different opinion to him, he thinks he is the authority on everything that is discussed on this forum, its actually quite laughable that someone can be such an ignoramus to think that his is the only opinion that is correct.
Its quite alright for people to wish for a SANFL without the Magpies and Crows, You cant blame people for getting a little bit excited that it might actually happen due to the rona and we can return to a comp on a level playing field.

On any topic in any part of life I'm willing to change my opinion or be educated by an evidence based argument by people whose opinion I respect. If I don't respect you it's unlikely I'll respect your opinion, pretty simple.

Actually, little mate, I think regardless of your stance on the AFL reserves gaining delight from the demise of something people covet is pretty ordinary behaviour. Me, I couldn't hate Centrals anymore if I tried, not a chance, but I've thrown $20 into the melting pot as there's people I know who care deeply for the club and I'd hate for them to witness the demise of something they love, particularly under these circumstances. I've had Glenelg and West Adelaide memberships in the past for the same reason.

So if you're saying that I think my opinion is right and UK/yours is wrong then absolutely, I think you're wrong here and not just because it's my club.

Enjoy your day, stay safe. You are one of the very rare bunch of Port supporters who understand the history of the SANFL.
Most Port fans would be very happy to see the total destruction of the SANFL and still lay blame on the SANFL for their dire finances
by Jim05
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The US become the first country to record 1000 deaths in a day

Well on track to win the Corona Olympics
by Jim05
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Government announces free child care policy

Here is how the government has announced the childcare changes in its statement:
Around one million families are set to receive free child care during the coronavirus pandemic under a plan from the Morrison Government that will help deliver hip pocket relief and help the early childhood education and care sector make it through to the other side of this crisis.
Under the plan, the Government will pay 50 per cent of the sector’s fee revenue up to the existing hourly rate cap based on a point in time before parents started withdrawing their children in large numbers, but only so long as services remain open and do not charge families for care. The funding will apply from 6 April based on the number of children who were in care during the fortnight leading into 2 March, whether or not they are attending services.
The plan provides funding certainty to early childhood education and care services at a time where enrolments and attendance are highly unpredictable. This, along with the JobKeeper payment, means services can offer free education and care.
...“If you have terminated your enrolment since 17 February, then I encourage you to get back in contact with your centre and re-start your arrangements. Re-starting your enrolment will not require you to send your child to child care and it certainly won’t require you to pay a gap fee. Re-starting your enrolment will, however, hold your place for that point in time when things start to normalise, and you are ready to take your child back to their centre.”
“We will also make payments of higher amounts available in exceptional circumstances, such as where greater funding is required to meet the needs of emergency workers or vulnerable children.
“The Government is also providing certainty to the preschool sector in recognition of its importance to a student’s formal education.”
by Jim05
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ha, I sit there each time Scomo gets on the presser and listen to 18 minutes of waffle while he wades through his spiel like he's talking to a bunch of Grade 2 students only to hear a slight hope of receiving something and then there will be one clause in there that goes BANG Lightning, you ain't getting squat.

My eldest daughter lost her well paying dream job, the wife's employment is anyone's guess, my 16 year old daughter is getting abused while she's re-stocking shelves after school and on weekends, we've kept my 14 year old son as isolated as Tom Hanks in Castaway, step-daughter got laid off at the start of this pandemic, still waiting to hear back from Centrelink and then broke up with her partner, probably because she wasn't bringing any income into their house.

I'm failing to see the humour that others have found and posted on FB, I guess this is what the missus was worried about for a while when I kept telling her to just take each situation as it comes.

Yep, I’ve been pretty upbeat so far but it’s hard to stay positive when you see the dole bludgers getting $1100 a fortnight plus $750 from the Feds now and in another couple months plus $500 from the state government and families out there ain’t getting bugger all. Rent/mortgages would take up a fair chunk of most families income so anything that lowers that burden should have been one of the first things implemented
by Jim05
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having the AFL reserves sides in the SANFL has done very little for their actual AFL sides.
Both AFL sides missing finals regularly since then.
Wasn’t that initially suppose to be their biggest gain?

I’d like to see the Port Magpies revert back to a standalone team once again.

The Power can disperse their players elsewhere.

Pretty sure it was more about control and development of players. Keeping them together was the logical step.

At the expense of winning premierships?
Got it now. I don’t think there is conclusive evidence that either model leads to winning flags.
by Jim05
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Tony Lewis, renowned for devising the Duckworth-Lewis rain rule for limited overs cricket, passed away at the age of 78 on Wednesday

Apparently his funeral has been shortened to 18 minutes
by Jim05
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Worth a good read
Suggested that restrictions stay in place until the end of July at earliest

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-03/coronavirus-data-modelling-covid19-stay-home/12114978?pfmredir=sm

The Premier said as much on the wireless this morning ;) Exactly, just pointing it out to those that think we will be back to normal in a few weeks.
by Jim05
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Of 800 tests conducted 2 returned positive in SA yesterday taking us to 409 cases.
Great signs but we can’t become too complacent, still going to be many more months of restrictions IMO but shows we are in a far better state than most other countries
by Jim05
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tigerpie wrote:A tiger tests positive for corona virus!

A real bloody tiger ffs.
If a tiger can get it from a handler, how's everyone's pets?
by Jim05
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Virgin Australia asking the government for a $1.4bn loan to avoid going into administration.

Chinese Conglomerate HNA Group own 20% of Virgin Australia and have refused to provide any financial assistance despite asking for the $1.4Bil handout. Any taxpayer bailout ends up in their hands and the rest of the foreign owners. Virgin Australia is owned by
Singapore Airlines 20%
Etihad 20%
HNA Group 20%
Nanshan 20%
Richard Branson 10%
Public shares 10%
All the others apart from Branson have said no as they are dealing with their own debt issues.
They are a good airline and we need 2 airlines in this country as they employ 10,000 Australians and have many thousands who are indirectly employed with them. They are a vital piece of our tourism industry but unfortunately due to the last CEO being terrible they lost too much money. The new CEO is excellent and has only been in the job 12 months but had Virgin on the road to profitability before this pandemic broke out. I don’t agree with just giving them a hand out but would be happy if they were helped out some way. Going into voluntary administration might be the only way forward and that would atleast get rid of a couple of deadweight owners

This is actually a Singapore government sovereign wealth fund called Temasek Holdings.

The latest accounts of the Singapore Government’s Temasek Holdings show it has S$313bn (AUD$364bn) in total assets, which is 1,300 times its share of the $1.4bn sought by Virgin Australia, based on its stake in Virgin Australia. 36 percent of its assets are liquid, such as held in the form of cash or “cash equivalents”, representing A$131bn.

Our Government has the power, should they push a quick act through Parliament, to buy Virgin’s business on “just terms”. The whole lot - pilots, engineers, flight attendants, check-in staff, landing slots, terminals.

​ I agree the best way forward is to cut the owners out. A couple of the owners would be more than happy to walk away from VA as they have other issues to deal with.
I’m not sure the government is interested in any option ATM. Still a few more twists in this yet and I’m still hearing that Singapore Airlines through the government are waiting in the wings to swoop on the pieces. They have always been keen to set up in our domestic market and would give Qantas an almighty scare
by Jim05
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Russia doing really well at minimising death rates

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
About as reliable and believable as the Chinese figures
by Jim05
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Will the coffin be making a nostalgic reappearance?
by Jim05
Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Being in Radelaide does have it's advantages.

We've always had a 'pandemic lockdown' vibe to the State anyway ;)
We have survived West End Draught and Adelaide tap water for all these years so what chance does this virus have [emoji23]
by Jim05
Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Definitely on the cards. Either way I’m probably going to lose a stack of cash and points on them but we definitely need a second airline to keep QF honest. Who knows it could come out as an Australian owned airline at the end of this

Can't see the gubinment wanting to be the owner of an airline, particularly one that is about to cull jobs left right and centre leaving hundreds, potentially thousands, unemployed. If it goes into administration and most of the debt gets wiped and the shareholders are punted out I can see the government investing in it for a song.
Could pick it up very cheap and make dome decent money out of it

Bigger fish to fry. 16,000 employed directly which could cost the government $900m in termination payments plus many more thousands that will be lining up at Centrelink for Jobseeker payments. The government keeps saying it will be domestic travel that kickstarts our recovery but how does that happen under a QF monopoly?
Freight prices will soar, trust me on that they are licking their lips.
Government travel costs will also increase by conservative estimates of $200m a year.
I’m not saying they should be 100% government owned at all but if a PE firm or another airline buys VA but needs some assistance to get up and running I wouldn’t be opposed to them chipping in a few hundred million like the QLD and NSW state governments are proposing to.
by Jim05
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

End of year is very optimistic for the UK, most of the CMO's direct quotes are that at least a calendat year is likely.
I think Ill plan my European jaunt for October next yeat the earliest now.

"A vaccine, and there are a variety of ways they can be deployed... or highly effective drugs so that people stop dying of this disease even if they catch it, or which can prevent this disease in vulnerable people.

"Until we have those, and the probability of having those any time in the next calendar year are incredibly small and I think we should be realistic about that, we're going to have to rely on other social measures, which of course are very socially disruptive, as everyone is finding at the moment. I think you mentioned you were going to Austria in which case I personally think September to October is the best time of the year to visit. Scenery is still superb, weather will be mostly fine but the hoardes of tourists have started to disappear.
Yeah my daughter talked me out of going in the European summer, sounds like the worst time. October has the extra bonus of being after footy season too and soccer season in Europe too. Might start to get a bit chilly in Scandanavia though. I love the European summer but most places get too crowded and prices skyrocket. September and October wins for me as prices come down, crowds drop off and driving around is less congested. Even in the Swiss Alps you will still get sunny days in October
by Jim05
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Booney wrote:Players have said unequivocally, no families with us, no hubs.
Easy fixed, no play no pay. They will soon change their tune quickly
by Jim05
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="RustyCage"]It’s important to remember that it’s not enough to have the app installed on your phone, you need to have it left open and have Bluetooth running

Do we know how this affects your battery yet, having Bluetooth on all the time? I've got my Bluetooth on all the time anyway so no difference for me...

Got the app installed, if the government are tracking me o feel sorry for the poor person having check out my movements... Home - Work - Home... boring

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk Same
Pretty boring life currently.
They might be interested in my daily 1hr spent on the throne [emoji23]

Out of interest, just the one stint?[/quote]Yep
Surf the net, lay some bets.
Have been known to watch the NHL live if the Caps are playing
by Jim05
Fri May 01, 2020 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why would Port not be in the SANFL this year and going forward? Any list reductions are speculative and wont be happening immediately anyway even if they come to pass. The members want Port to stay and the club has stated they want to stay. The position seems quite clear. Because you are under control of the AFL now so ultimately they will be the ones who decide the fate of the Magpies
by Jim05
Mon May 04, 2020 6:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can see the SANFL bailing Port out but in return they have to have no association with the PAFC in the AFl. A separate ground, membership and Admin Areas. They will have their own CSO etc. Much like it was. Players to be split between all 9 SANFL clubs. That includes the new SANFL Port.

That would be a dream come true for us Port fans who have no interest in Port power

They should never of changed it originally.

Shut the doors of the Magpies forever please.
It’s better for all that way.

Rubbish Not rubbish.
Port had outgrown the SANFL and wanted to play with the big boys. Should’ve been a clean break but the foolish SANFL had other ideas unfortunately
by Jim05
Tue May 05, 2020 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

It’s not magically located, they would know exactly where it is located and their data base can pinpoint which ULD it’s in and which depot. Plenty of freight has been arriving and it’s sitting at the various PDC’s dotted around the place. If you complain or put in a request they will normally be able to get it for you.
This is what I don't get though, isn't that the point of track and trace - so you can see where it's sitting and what processing facility its at? Clearly something isn't working properly. They don’t want you to know where it’s located to avoid the customer stampede. If everyone could see which PDC their freight is in you would have everyone down at the depot trying to collect their freight. Staff at AP have a different computer program that tells them where the freight is and is far more detailed that what you see on the track and trace website. Each ULD holds between 100-900kg of freight and all PDC’s have 150 or more full ULD’s currently. They don’t want to have to source which ULD it’s in and then sort through the parcels in each one (could be 500-1000 in each ULD)
by Jim05
Fri May 08, 2020 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

goddy11 wrote:Ironic that the Magpies 150th year could also be its last year.
The real Magpies died years ago
by Jim05
Tue May 12, 2020 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Ricciardo signing with McLaren for 2021
by Jim05
Thu May 14, 2020 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:More and more contrived, less and less interested.
Everyone is saying that but I bet once the any team gets a few wins on the board their fans will suddenly find interest
by Jim05
Fri May 15, 2020 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:We now have no active cases!

1 new case in around 5 weeks, how do we get an outbreak now unless someone brings it into the state.
Because we have only tested a small part of the state. There could be plenty of carriers out there showing no signs
by Jim05
Fri May 15, 2020 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:Talk of Pubs and Clubs reopening in Victoria on June 1, presume under the same ambit as NSW if thats the case
20 person limit and only alcohol with a meal. Will also need to supply name and phone number to enter
by Jim05
Sun May 17, 2020 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:When will a revised fixture be released????
Come on, Gil needs enough time to set up the blockbusters
by Jim05
Mon May 18, 2020 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great trip mate.

Burra is pretty impressive these days and has a lot of great cafes. I speak to the CEO of the Council up there a fair bit and his real switched on and has the town pumping.

Not much would of changed in Blyth hey.....except for few things closing down and Barpy has tided up his corner block :D I wanted to check out our old house and I have some rellies buried at the cemetery there. My old man used to come over every year to tidy up around his Grandparents graves but he lives over in Gundagai now so with the fires over there and now the border restrictions it’s been almost a year since has been over here so he asked if I wouldn’t mind swinging past there one weekend.
by Jim05
Mon May 18, 2020 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Food, Glorious Food

My baking effort a couple of weekends ago. Sausage rolls, Cornish pasty rolls and Pepper steak pies.
by Jim05
Tue May 19, 2020 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Of course Joshy should have known better....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Suggestions that the form was poorly designed

In the form to be filled in by the employer, there was a box for number of employees , but some mistakenly filled in the Jobkeeper amount they expected to receive in that box. So, for instance a small business with 1 employer would have put in the figure 1500.
Treasury was quoting numbers estimated on Jobkeeper on the basis of what was submitted in the forms.
I assume this was all done electronically and went straight to Treasury.
Then, as ATO began processing payments, the discrepancies would have been identified against the employer records held by ATO.
by Jim05
Fri May 22, 2020 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID Travel

So what is everyone's thoughts on travel in the next 3-5 years?

Mrs Boon and myself have put together a short list of places to visit / things to do in the next few years with some friends or on our own.

Short term :
2-3 years

Port Lincoln - Just the two of us
Flinders Ranges - Just the two of us
House boat - With friends
Kangaroo Island - With the two junior Boon's or friends

Medium term :
3-5 years

New Zealand
Tasmania
North West WA

Pretty similar to ours, we are potentially looking at the Eyre Peninsula in July, especially if its confirmed that there is no international travel in December for our booked Bali trip. KI is on the agenda also.

New Zealand has been a goal of mine for a long time, the wife always wanted to do a cruise there while Ive always seen it as a driving holiday, I think Ill win this one now. :D NZ is the easiest place to drive and you see so much more driving
by Jim05
Mon May 25, 2020 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |