Search found more than 2678 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Every single AFL clubs is trying to build their next premiership side. Whether they win it or not is irrelevant because it is always going to be a clubs focus regardless of ladder position/history etc.

Not Essendon!
All our board worries about is making money and sucking up to the corporates.
Our strategic plan actually doesn’t even mention winning Premierships or even games of football.
by Jim05
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Geez Papley sounding like a sook and I love how the managers release this information now What happened now?

His manager has said Papley was thinking about walking away from the game last year and hates living in Sydney. He wasn’t happy with his living arrangements at Sydney and just wants to get to any club in Melbourne. Also claimed partner has moved back to Melbourne and a undisclosed family health issue.
by Jim05
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:I am still at a loss how Essendon are getting a first rounder for this pretender.

It’s a big IF but if he is over his OP he could end up with multiple AA awards. Still young enough to have a very good career. If Papley is worth pick 9 then Joe is easily worth pick 5 provided he is fit
by Jim05
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NRL

Harsh but correct call.
by Jim05
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Essendon fans crack me up!!

Essendon fans - Daniher is an overrated flog
Also Essendon fans - Sydney must give us pick 5 and pick 9

Essendon well known for being notorious to deal with

That old myth hey. Hasn’t been that way for several years now since Dodoro had his power reigned in.
In the last 4 years every player leaving has got to their destination club and every player coming in has been done.
Fact: Zero deals with Essendon has fallen over in the last 4 years.
Contrast that to GWS making McCarthy sit out of football for a year, Geelong holding on to Kelly, Carlton and the Gibbs fiasco...........
by Jim05
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Wonder why we got involved in the trade?
Maybe Zac Smith coming our way but reckon 37 is a bit high for him
Im at a loss as well Jim.

Just edited my post
We swapped 37 and 52 for 33 and 57.
by Jim05
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Essendon must've been bored.

surprised they didn't ask for 6 first round picks

Nah we just wanted something a little higher to give back to you guys after we rob you for 5&9 ;)
by Jim05
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

About what?

Apparently a few weeks back Rowe said that the Victorian media were out to kick the Crows while they were down and that Barrett was making stuff up about the review.
Barrett hit back today and says he has been vindicated and that Rowe needs to take off his Crows duffle coat and beenie and start doing his job in the media rather than as a crows supporter. Went on to say all this happened on Rowe’s watch and the SA public deserve better than his cheerleading
by Jim05
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Teflon Roo escapes again. Helps when he gets his Foxfooty mates to do the review
by Jim05
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Jake Weatherald
Dave Warner
Cameron Bancroft

All have something in common, what is it?

Alls good though as Langer has publicly backed Warner to dominate the upcoming Test series :roll:
Missed his first innings ton when the game was on the line on a lively deck and teammates were dropping like flies around him?
He will get the nod for Brisbane because he is the best opener we currently have
by Jim05
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Huge loss , had a great year I thought. Good way to go out but disappointing .
Agreed.
Losing White and Partington and possibly a few others will hopefully bring them back to the pack a bit

I never thought they were that far in front. It was fairly even this season again. Next season will be anyone's again at this time .
They were that far in front of the legitimate SANFL clubs it wasn’t funny
by Jim05
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Things that you are looking forward to

Last day of work before heading off to NZ for a short jaunt. Providing work doesn’t get in the way I’m aiming to be in the Qantas lounge with first beer in hand by 3pm today
by Jim05
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2019 Silly Season

The Age is saying clubs aren’t allowed to lodge any trades today until after 3pm
Good old AFL need some artificially manufactured drama.
by Jim05
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

I find this odd Howard is a bloke that can hold his own down back and swing forward if needed to.

Not many blokes can do that, which makes me think there is alot more to this than what we all know.
Wasn’t he the boat driver when Wines got hurt?
Perhaps he was fooling around which led to the injury Don't know mate, sounds like a funny headline though.

Boat driver traded lol
Boat driver sacked whilst Admiral Kenny goes down with the ship
by Jim05
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bangladesh, India & Sri Lanka

So here we go. Breezed through check in - flying Sri Lankan Airlines today, which means my Qantas Status counts, no waiting in long ques. Through customs, cursory glance in duty free, all over priced stuff if you ask me. Into the Qantas lounge and the first beer of the trip hitting the spot...… Lunch options include, bloody curry, pass!

Board in an hour, and then 11 hours of pain in cattle class, enquired about an upgrade to Business..... $1,000 if you don't mind. GGF!

Schedule to arrive 10.30pm local, or about 4.00am Aussie time. Hoping to doze on the plane.

Watching cricket scores come through, my young bloke going along ok, 72* in quick time by the looks...… bugger wish I was there!
Pay for the upgrade you tight arse!
by Jim05
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rugby Union World Cup

whufc wrote:Can anyone in a yellow shirt just take a hit and have faith in their support

Yep, don’t have to go for the speculative pass all the time
by Jim05
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

We now have lots of playing coaches who don’t coach

Been an explosion of these around all leagues, some coaching towns 300kms from Adelaide but still live in the city, can't put my finger why its happened though ;) :lol:
That’s what happens when the muppets in town mess around with things they have no right too.
by Jim05
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adelaide Crows 2019

Let’s get to the important stuff like can we refer to them as “The Crows” or not :)
by Jim05
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

MW wrote:didn't realise we had so many blokes in here with Mummy issues

My mum and my wife tried following it and reckon the product is utter garbage.
I do find it funny that plenty on here say SANFL is garbage, lower level ammos is garbage etc, etc but don’t dare criticise the women
by Jim05
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

Spargo wrote:
DOC wrote:You would expect that Partington won't be there.

Gould gone
Partington more than likely gone
Close possibly gone
White retired
Curran 12 months off

Gee if you lose another 5 or 6 we all might have some hope next year ;)
by Jim05
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Can't believe how badly port treated Sam Gray... At least he is at a decent club now...

He is a poor mans Gary Rohan ;)
by Jim05
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Under no circumstances should our country be called China.
I would ask that you refer to our official name “People’s Republic of China” or it can also be referred to as “THE PRC”

Xiexie

Xi Jinping
President
by Jim05
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

[quote="woodublieve12"]I think i am more chance of playing at the Bombers in 2021 than Daniher is...

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/joe-daniher-speaks-for-the-first-time-since-offseason-sydney-trade-request/news-story/7d8a84ebc59431c6a690946d97922a66?fbclid=IwAR1nD4u_Qq0uxv5xY5Y8048dCu4el8LiTvmXKrhS5iBW82kjpfLskOl5234
Won’t be going anywhere . Club will pay way overs to keep him IMO

you don't honestly believe that do you???
I believe he probably still wants to leave but I don’t believe the club will let him go for nothing either. Sydney showed this year they didn’t want to give up overs for him when if they wanted him that badly they should have offered up something decent.
:shock: we did[/quote]
No you didn’t.
Essendon would have moved him on for pick 5&9 or maybe even 5 plus something else IMO. The club was quite clear that pick 5 would need to be involved and yet you offer up pick 9. Once that happened there was never going to be a deal.
I think there will be a similar impasse in 11 months time unless something is worked out before that. Joe returned to training early and will no doubt give 100% so we will have to wait and see
by Jim05
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

And that’s why Warner’s spot was safe this summer. Still Australia’s best opener
by Jim05
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Full list of nominations from SA

ADELAIDE SANFL (6)

Jy Farrar, Thomas Hutchesson, Hamish Latchford, James Mathews, Matthew Merrett, Jackson Press

CENTRAL DISTRICT (8)

Leek Aleer, Rhys Cannizzaro, Jack Carpenter, Isaya McKenzie, Jordan O’Brien, Christopher Olsson, Oliver Shaw, Johannes Smit

GLENELG (16)

Adam Beaumont, Declan Carmody, Bradley Close, Will Gould, Nicholas Jones, Austin Kitschke, Josh Koster, Reid Kuller, Sam Liambis, Hamish McRae, Jordan Moore, Ricky O’Loughlin-Johncock, Callum Park , Luke Partington , Luke Reynolds, Brady Searle

NORWOOD (6)

Henry Crauford, Cole Gerloff, Nik Rokahr, Dylan Stephens, Cody Szust, Cam Taheny

NORTH ADELAIDE (12)

Jacob Akker, Jack Blair, Karl Finlay, Dyson Hilder, Tyran Hill, Max Hodges, Harrison Magor, Jack Scott, Aidan Tropiano, Liam Verity, Harrison Wigg, Frank Szekely

PORT ADELAIDE (1)

Sam Davidson

SOUTH ADELAIDE (8)

Luke Bogle, Liam Fitt. Damon Freitag, Beau McCreery, Mark Noble, Connor Sampson, Hayden Sampson, Daniel Sladojevic

STURT (27)

Charles Allan, Lachlan Burrows, Thomas Condon, William Coomblas, Declan Fahey, Oliver Grivell, Joshua Hone, Jordan Houlahan, Rory Illman, Tully Kennett, Tom Lewis, Anzac Lochowiak, Mihail Lochowiak, Dylan Matteucci, Jed McEntee, Hugo Munn, Lachlan Paddick, Joel Parker-Boers, Joshua Patullo, James Richards, Joshua Shute, Jake Sutcliffe, Joel Thiele, Casey Voss, Harry Weeks, Heath Wingard, Sam Zevenboom

WEST ADELAIDE (14)

Will Day, Elliot Dunkin, Patrick Fairlie, Joel Groom, Noah Hannagan, Hugh Haysman, Kenneth Karpany, Jack Kelsh, Thomas Rundle, Angus Rana, Aryan Sareen, Gibson Turner, Murray Waite

WOODVILLE-WEST TORRENS (18)

Luke Barnett, Luke Beecken, Trent Burgoyne, Jamie Coff, Jordan Foote, Minairo Frederick, Jack Hayes, Lachlan Hoile, Ben Jungfer, Lachlan McNeil, Jackson Mead , Joshua Morris, Dale Pearce, Kysaiah Pickett, Kai Pudney, James Rowe , Harry Schoenberg, Zane Williams

OTHER (2)

Jack Trengove, Billy Stretch
by Jim05
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SOS the only guy with balls to stand up to the academy zone bullshit

hang your heads in shame everyone else

Most people want AFL clubs to have zones, now they have in a round about sort of way and we dont like it?
Not at all. Most people just want the player to go for a fair pick. If a player is worth a top 10 pick then why should clubs get them for a pick in the 60’s?
Green will be the best player out of this draft and GWS got him for a packet of chips
by Jim05
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Lightning McQueen wrote:Churchill Centre yiros's, quality, quantity vs price is as good as any.

Concur.
Had one a few months ago and it was top notch
by Jim05
Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gould to the Swans
by Jim05
Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

5 minutes per trade except when a Northern club is involved. What a farce

You must be talking about other northern clubs cause the swans were very quick
The Lions.
Essendon bid on one of their players and they weren’t ready for it. The clock was stopped with 1 second remaining and they were given additional time to complete a trade to get points.
It drained all of their points which then allowed other clubs to pick up their academy kids [emoji3]
by Jim05
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Does Australia post deliver on weekends?
My parcel left MELBOURNE on Tuesday and I still don’t have it.
Tracking only shows it was picked up Tuesday and that’s it.
Yes, especially this time of year.
Every area is different of course depending on the contractors but we regularly receive parcels on Saturday and even Sundays occasionally
by Jim05
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mal wrote:Australia lead the series 1-0
Paine could have opted to bat on and on and on and secure the series

No, we need the win to gain more points in the World Test Championship
by Jim05
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seriously don’t let Paine review anything again, he is absolutely useless at it!
by Jim05
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bali/Phuket

Lombok - two thumbs up from this punter.

Use Bali as a stepping stone to get to Lombok is my advice.

How far/long to get there is it?
25-45 minutes by plane depending on weather, aircraft traffic etc. Fares can be as low as $20 at times with Air Asia. We always go with Garuda and it’s $45-60 one way as a rule.
Rent a car or a driver and you can see so much more of the island. Absolutely amazing place
by Jim05
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trans Tasman Trophy

amber_fluid wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:500 and declare

They need to get a hurry on either way.
Paine needs to start playing some shots and move the scoring along.

It’s the first session of day 2, plenty of time remaining
by Jim05
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trans Tasman Trophy

WOW!
by Jim05
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Raval lotto strikes at 1 :)
by Jim05
Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

THE GOAT
by Jim05
Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

He is a “Yes” man so should fit into Roo’s system nicely
by Jim05
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Booney wrote:Julia Morris is as funny as.......

The clap?
I don’t find her funny at all
by Jim05
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

OMG who will take the 4th best forward now?

Quality post. Better than average obviously but massively overhyped. Better than Scarlett Lethal? Please.

regards,

REB

Massively overhyped?

Oh, not in a Geelong guernsey. My bad.
I kind of see where REB is coming from though. Rance is very good but comparisons to Scarlett are laughable.
by Jim05
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great stuff Trav
by Jim05
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trans Tasman Trophy

Santner is rightly copping it but when you win the toss and your two gun openers take one wicket between them in 5 sessions that’s just piss weak
by Jim05
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trans Tasman Trophy

Onya bike Nasser
Wave your sandpaper now sheep rooters
by Jim05
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bat for 30-40 overs and send them back in this arvo
by Jim05
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:Here next summer v India I think

Bangers away in 2 tests, June/July
We also have Afghanistan here in 1 test during November before the India series
by Jim05
Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Soft dismissal, Burns gives Santner his first wicket.
Smith looking to score early, maybe him and Wade will look to accelerate?

Send in Starc or Cummins next

Whole entire reason why we are batting now is to properly freshen up and prepare the pace guys for their onslaught tomorrow. Defeats the purpose if they come out tonight.

Starc barely bowled.
I’m sure he’d love a hit.

Personally I’d rather watch Starc find the boundaries than watch this currently.
I would have put them back in as well.
We’d have them 6 fa by now.
It’s a 5 day test FFS!
Keep the mugs out there for an hour or so tomorrow and totally demoralise them
by Jim05
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:It ain’t going 5 days

Of course not but don’t see why everyone wants it to finish on day 3. We have a chance to grind them into the dust and destroy them. I couldn’t care less if we batted until lunch tomorrow and got 600 infront
by Jim05
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don’t like Wade but with Southee’s pathetic effort over here so far I don’t know why he is mouthing off. Should focus on getting a wicket
by Jim05
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:
Jim05 wrote:And another lol.
Dismantle these pack of frauds!

Got your Aussie cricket top ready for that NZ holiday Jim?

Might have to pack one.
Can’t believe people thought these jokers were a chance this series. Feasted on minnows for the last 18 months and were always going to be exposed over here
by Jim05
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And another lol.
Dismantle these pack of frauds!
I want the game to go as long as possible, I have absolutely nothing to do otherwise.

I hope they go alright, they have a bit of ticker and I admire their sportsmanship, every player went and shook Heads hand yesterday when he was dismissed.
True for today but I’m back at work tomorrow so would be happy if it finished today.
I don’t hate them but the backslapping and cheerleading by the media for them is sickening. They have barely even won a single session this series and the commentary is oh brave NZ are battling hard and will make us earn it. Apart from Wagner the rest have been shown up badly and Vaughan is correct that that the ranking system is a farce
by Jim05
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |