Search found more than 2678 matches

Return

Re: MLB

And the Giants do go back to back.
After Perth won the opener on Friday night 4-3 in the 13th innings the Giants hit back yesterday and won 6-3 before claiming Game 3 tonight 3-1. 2 runs in the bottom of the 8th got the job done
by Jim05
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Kiwis should have kept them out there.
If you want to send a third string side out you deserve to field for 4 days
by Jim05
Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cambodia/Vietnam

Depends what you like doing.
We have been a few times and Vietnam has big weather fluctuations between the South, North and Central parts.
We have been in mid July and HaNoi was pushing 40 and had a heap of rain with humidity at 90% every day. HCMC was low 30’s and much drier humidity wise. Infrastructure is still very much third world so travel can be a bit of a chore but domestic flights are cheap. Most people do the triangle in Vietnam of flying into HaNoi/HCMC and then over to DaNang and/or HaLong bay betfore flying out of HCMC/HaNoi. You can tack on a side tour to Cambodia from HCMC. Where you go depends entirely on what you want to do or see plus your personal interests
by Jim05
Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

Eleventy six billion cricketers and the Aussies beat them in yet another tournament ;)
by Jim05
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL 2023-24

Could also go in the “I need to know” thread but is wedgie really Barnaby Joyce? :)
by Jim05
Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

locky801 wrote:India 3/93 at roast time

Rohit with a half century
Rohit has competition for the buffet it seems. That Khan bloke is a tank
by Jim05
Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

Been fishing with my Crows member brother and the best list argument (port/crows) came up.

So family, who has the best list, Port or Crows? Port by a fair bit IMO
Port should comfortably finish top 4 and wouldn’t be surprised if they even finished top 2. From there it depends on if Kenny can get it done in finals.
Crows might scrape into the 8 as I have them in that group from around 8th-12th
by Jim05
Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2016-17

Pretty sure Long Plains offer more than nothing.
2 junior boys teams and growing, soon to be 3.
Junior Girls team, beleive their are only 3 junior girls team in the comp, rediculous that between Gawler and the whole of the barossa Valley can only find 2 junior girls teams to compete against LP.
Unfortunately its not all about the seniors and what ever number grade is associated with the senior team. Its nice to be up as high as possible, however there is a much bigger picture than just that.
If you get rid of Long Plains, then you are getting rid of the community that comes with it, many wont play for a neighbouring side as they don't have the same sense of community.
No cricket team means the cricket club isn't open on Thursday nights doing teas and drinks (averaging 50 meals each thursday), Saturday home games have a full functioning canteen open all day, plus the bar open which attracts a crowd. When both Tennis and cricket are both playing home there are kids and parents everywhere. Once again home games is a chance to share a meal which you can eat with the 60 or 70 patrons who use the cricket club as a social outlet.
But sure, let's get rid of them because they have the number 3 next to their senior team grade. I wouldn’t be getting rid of them as yes they do provide something to the comp but it should be an absolute non negotiable that your top side plays in the 2 day comp. As an association we should not be having clubs dictate that their A grade is playing one dayers only
by Jim05
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Sounds like a real piece of work

Damning texts sent by Tarryn Thomas have emerged on social media as the AFL is set to hand down sanctions to the North Melbourne player over fresh allegations of domestic violence.

A screenshot of a message, circulating on Instagram and obtained by the Herald Sun, showed Thomas speaking about abusing women.

“And for them girls I abuse I would do again,” he wrote to a woman.

“After what they did to me if you do me wrong I will let you have it.”

It comes as a source close to another woman, who was previously linked to Thomas, detailed his alleged abusive nature.

“He harassed, stalked, abused and made threats against her,” they said.

“He made her feel worthless and small with his nasty words.”
he source said the woman was “fearful” of Thomas and isolated her from family and friends.

His career at the Kangaroos could be over within days with the AFL expected to [suspend Thomas of up to 18 weeks]

On Monday, the AFL said its investigation into the new allegations of domestic violence was not yet resolved.

But a suspension of that length had been raised in discussions with the AFL and North Melbourne.

Last year, Thomas escaped conviction after threatening to share an explicit video of [his ex-partner Jamai Curran.

Instead, he was ordered to pay $1000 to charity.

At the time, Ms Curran told the Herald Sun that she believed Thomas never faced harsh consequences for his behaviour.
“I think he believes the way he treats women is justified because of his status and power,” she said.

“I think he believes he’s entitled to treat women however he wants.

“North Melbourne and the justice system not punishing him just reinforces it is OK because he never faces consequences.”

Ms Curran said the AFL were “letting women down” by prioritising players and their reputations.

“I think the AFL are letting women down and at this point, need to be held responsible,” she said.
by Jim05
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Anything over 30 can GAGF!
Heading to Norway in a couple of weeks and where we are going is topping out at 2 and drops down to -24 in the evening :)
by Jim05
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

Dirty dog wrote:Sounds like the best race caller in the land calling the Sun v Giants game on fox. Hope it’s a regular thing this season.
Matt Hill?
by Jim05
Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not playing the Saffer fourths now to pad your stats you bunch of rabbits
by Jim05
Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2023/2024

Give it up son.
Cricket Victoria and CA need to take the decision out of his hands
by Jim05
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is also growing pressure on Alex Carey. His Test average has dipped below 30 after twin failures in Wellington, although he did make an excellent half-century in his last Test against West Indies. McDonald admitted the manner of Carey's dismissals at the Basin Reserve, where he holed out to cover twice, would be discussed. Pressure from who though?
Inglis is only marginally better batter than Carey but a far worse keeper.
Lyon has a great chemistry with Carey and would be putting the case forward to stick with him.
I think Carey will still be there next summer but the heat will well and truly be on him if he continues his form with the bar
by Jim05
Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

locky801 wrote:Sam Walsh ruled out for a couple of weeks with a back injury
Carrying a dozen blokes each week will do that to you ;)
by Jim05
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Dutchy wrote:Next week in tassie and weather is looking magnificent.
Sunny 11 in Paris when we landed yesterday :)
by Jim05
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gold Coast Holiday....

Not a fan of the Gold Coast and reckon it’s highly overrated. When we go up for the footy we usually stay in Brisbane and just go down to the game. If we do stay we prefer Broadbeach over Surfers and the Northcliffe SLC does a good feed with decent views.
Sunshine Coast is far better IMO and Mooloolaba is our go to there. Nice stretch of beaches with plenty of cafes, restaurants and bars. The 4 pines brewery right on the beachfront it pretty decent too
by Jim05
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Trial Games

DOC wrote:Mods.

I believe that top photo has been altered and should be removed.
Yeah, no way there are 3 supporters at Noarlunga for a trial game ;)
by Jim05
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

-6 today but with the wind roaring in off the Arctic it apparently “feels like” -17.
Unfortunately our tour to the North Cape canned as they had a blizzard go through that dumped 6m of snow in about 2hrs and caused a few avalanches which blocked the road.
Still got shorts on most of the time but donned pants for our walk this arvo
by Jim05
Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Unless the Libs clean out the bible bashing nut jobs they are doomed
by Jim05
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3

Was always bizarre to re-sign Nicks in round 1. Not as if he was in demand elsewhere and thought the Crows would hold off until the bye
by Jim05
Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3

Gawn, Oliver, Lever. If you let those 3 blokes win their positions you lose.

Or just kick the goals when the game is on the line…..don’t over think it. At the end of the day some age old truths still stand.
Both teams that lost today missed too many sitters.
I still find it bizarre that with millions spent on fitness programs and all the other stuff that not enough attention is paid to the single most important facet of the game.
by Jim05
Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 1 South v Crows @ Noarlunga Oval Friday 29/3 2.10pm

southernbulldog wrote:Not all gloom and doom for South on that effort
That looked to be the one of the weakest Ravens sides I’ve ever seen before and I’m pretty sure that most SANFL sides would belt them if they put that side out often. I’d be a tad worried if i was a South fan TBH
by Jim05
Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Mick Molloy
Am I missing something?
I find him as funny as genital warts
by Jim05
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

smac wrote:Norwood know they can't cheat there?
Ah yes, the AFL is such a bastion of integrity ;)
by Jim05
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bucket List Trips/Holidays

Ticked off another bucket list item in the last few weeks with crossing the Arctic circle and going as far North on land as possible. This was our 6th trip to Europe and have seen a fair bit of it and love it so will be back in the next year or two.
Still have an African safari on my list aswell as an extensive South American trip. I have no real desire to go to the US but likely to visit briefly next year as it’s my 50th and I’m planning on doing trip to the Caribbean when we play the Windies. Get to a couple of tests and see some sights.
We are lucky that I’m in the aviation sector and also very good at playing the points game so we always fly business or first class and the majority is done with points. The most recent trip to Europe was in Business all the way with points flights across various airlines with Qatar Airlines Doha to Adelaide being the obvious standout
by Jim05
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bucket List Trips/Holidays

Ticked off another bucket list item in the last few weeks with crossing the Arctic circle and going as far North on land as possible. This was our 6th trip to Europe and have seen a fair bit of it and love it so will be back in the next year or two.
Still have an African safari on my list aswell as an extensive South American trip. I have no real desire to go to the US but likely to visit briefly next year as it’s my 50th and I’m planning on doing trip to the Caribbean when we play the Windies. Get to a couple of tests and see some sights.
We are lucky that I’m in the aviation sector and also very good at playing the points game so we always fly business or first class and the majority is done with points. The most recent trip to Europe was in Business all the way with points flights across various airlines with Qatar Airlines Doha to Adelaide being the obvious standout
How many countries have you visited In those trips? You're always jet-setting to get away from essendons woes :lol: The one we just got back from we flew into Paris and spent a couple of days there before flying to Norway. Spent most of our trip in Norway but also had a day in London before flying to Prague for a few days and then travelled by train through Switzerland again. We flew from Geneva to Dubai and had a couple of days just out of town at Ajman and then had a few days in Doha before flying home. Last trip I hired a car at Frankfurt and spent 4 weeks driving through Germany, Poland, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia and Hungary and then flew to the UK and grabbed another car for 2 weeks and drove through England, Scotland and Wales. On other trips we have spent a couple weeks in all of Switzerland, France, Italy, Belgium and Holland. We went to the soccer World Cup in Germany in 2006 and spent just under 8 weeks in Europe and visited France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and England. This was the 5th time we have been to Paris and London.
As a rule we try to do 2x 2 week holidays in Asia every year and every second year we try to do a 4-6 week European trip although this year we have done the Euro trip and will squeeze a quick 7-10 day trip to Asia in. We have visited most countries in Asia multiple times
And yes, quite often we are away at finals time as I know Essendon won’t be involved ;)
by Jim05
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tasmania Devils

Good point

What I was trying to say, not very well, is that opponents of the stadium can say that when given an opportunity to join up and back in Devil specifically (two weeks out from election) half the state didn’t back it directly.

It’s going to be an interesting 6-12 months in Tassie footy

Like others have said I just can't see the team not going ahead. I think the Tassie government are somewhat calling the AFL's bluff.

The AFL will end up either paying some contribution to the stadium or the Tassie Devils will play 50/50 home games at Hobart/Launceston.............if the new stadium doesn't go ahead. I think it’s the other way round. I don’t think the AFL really want Tassie in and hence made conditions tight for entry.
I think they will be happy if it doesn’t go ahead as they can just throw the Tassie government under a bus and move on
by Jim05
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

wenchbarwer wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Ben Mckay would have been handy....
Doubtful

Essendon could recruit Jesus to play fullback, and Jim would complain about his hair getting in his eyes...
Not at all.
My point is it doesn’t matter how good your defenders are if the mids hang you out to dry.
by Jim05
Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |