Search found more than 1124 matches

Return

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Given the Crows really aren't a club to call the people who attend their games 'fans' is probably incorrect

i believe the correct term for people who attend Crows games is 'Marketing Opportunities'.
by topsywaldron
Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great to see...

And when he was delisted, he was back to a Centrals aligned player in the sanfl.
by smac
Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

You can read between the lines with this report. Big Phil, try and not ask a question with this statement if you can refrain from that sport for this .
What are you on about, now?

I think it's very sensitive this story and doesn't need constant questionning on why a comment has been made by posters. Thanks.
I couldn't agree more, regarding the sensitivities surrounding the situation...

Now...

If you could just point out where I have questioned a comment being made on this topic, let alone constant questioning, thanks?

Personally as a member of the club i don't care greatly about the sensitivities of the situation.

A former employee has allegedly taken a large amount of money from the club. I don't see how the Police can't be involved in this.

I am certain that if it were a bar person that did this, there wouldn't be any hesitation, in involving the Police in dealing with it even if the same sensitivities were involved.

Those sensitivities or the money allegedly being paid back don't IMO mean the club shouldn't be taking action against the individual. If what has been reported is true then a criminal offence took place and the person/people responsible should be made accountable for their actions.
by wycbloods
Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just cant fathom what sensitivities could possibly justify someone ripping the club off??

FFS someone just spit out the real story
by daysofourlives
Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA v WA - Nov 13-16

Brodlach wrote:His pitching has improved so much

Edited for accuracy :D
by the wonder elephant
Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA v WA - Nov 13-16

Gotta have standards, I would rather come bottom of the shield than have a pitcher in the side.

I don't care whether the action is now legal it's a disgrace these guys can call what they do bowling
by whufc
Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Only reason she has her own show is because he is a rug muncher, has no actual talent.
by Squids
Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hospitality workers here wanting the tipping system here like the americans. Well when they drop the hourly rate to $5-$10 an hour like the americans i will consider it!!!!!!

Im not against tipping, i will happily tip here if the service is worthy of it.
by woodublieve12
Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sando wields axe

I would imagine the volunteers at AFC do their job the same or not as well as many SANFL volunteers. You wouldn't be mentored, you would be looked down upon and used until you realised you were being used. The difference is you would be in the away change rooms of your SANFL club.
by smac
Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Trot's hotspot in the 1st test

by JK
Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Which Westhoff? The shit one or the other shit one?
by dedja
Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Spargo wrote:England coach Andy Flower wants to sit down with Boof and discuss "acceptable sledging" - FFS!

Threats of punching head in - ok... Threats of breaking arms - not ok...

Boof should tell him to go f@#k off back to Zimbabwe
by scoob
Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Why is it the Crows and their nuffy supporters think that not just the SANFL clubs but every club in the state should do everything they possibly can to make them successful?
We don't bend over to help Carlton or Kangaroos or Brisbane, the Crows are no different
You are not the state team.
There is probably more South Australians that support Victorian clubs than SA clubs
by daysofourlives
Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Keith Conlon off the radio as of 9am tomorrow.
The biggest interrupting know-all I've ever heard.
Faaaark off.
by Spargo
Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As long as it makes the AFC a stronger club overall...

Most other AFL clubs have their seconds team playing together, so it is great that SA is following suit.

Well **** off and play against other seconds teams then.
The AFC is not a state team and deserve no more preferential treatment from the SANFL than any of the other 17 AFL clubs.
Anybody who can't see that has there eyes and ears painted on. **** morons
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist?

Should change it to "triple magarey medalist whoring himself around to highest bidder"
by RustyCage
Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

A sneak peek at the early part of the draw and chat with the SANFL's Matty Duldig, from the SANFL site...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2350/

Edited for purists:

2014 SANFL FIXTURE ROUND 1:

Friday, April 4
Glenelg v Sturt, Gliderol Stadium, 7.20pm

Saturday, April 5
Eagles v Central District, Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval, 2.10pm
South Adelaide v West Adelaide, Hickinbotham Oval, 7.10pm

BYE: Norwood, North Adelaide
by Pseudo
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cracka, You're a halfwit.
Think that sums up the argument nicely
by daysofourlives
Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

As in England , Broad does not want to walk
by mal
Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Bantams Season 2012-2013

Have been keeping a low profile on here for a bit, haven't wanted to put the mockers on anything....

But as of this morning we are still on course for the Quadruple... Yep that's right the Quadruple...

Johnstone's Paint Cup

Sorry Jase, my railwaymen have put pay to that one:

http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/crewe-4-1-bradford-600494.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

Toot toot!
And not won a game since?
by johntheclaret
Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

******* CARS THAT ******* BREAK DOWN IN 40 DEGREE WEATHER CAUSING SQUIDS TO WAIT IN THE ******* HEAT FOR THE RAA THEN THE TOW TRUCK CARS CAN GO AND GET ****** AND SO CAN THE SUN
by Squids
Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

how come crows and port have there own forum that no one else can write in them?? segregation died a long time ago...

are they a little precious???

Would have thought its more for the ease to moderate this site- without crows v port bickering, the mods can focus on the amateur boards and general discussion threads :lol:

Do people still post in the Crows forum? :D
by Booney
Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graeme Swann retires?????

hence ...

#softcock
#heartsnotinit
#faarkoffyouweakpom
by dedja
Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look-a-likes

A chicken

Greame Swann

by woodublieve12
Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

what was wrong with Pietersons shot????

he was trying to be aggressive and take the game on, nothing wrong with that and realistically how long are the tail going to wag for??????????

Gut feel says Pietersons better than the pre meditated front leg out to square leg cross bat cow corner slap off a ball hitting the stumps.
by whufc
Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Does anyone care about the Sydney to Hobart?

I certainly do not.
by Squids
Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

Great knock Rogers, pity he didn't see it out for the winning runs ...
by dedja
Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck with that plan.
There will never be a cap, been tried before and can't be policed.
The CFB has to admit that their points system is the cause of the inflated payments before anything will change.
League clubs are quite happy to recruit country footballers but when it goes the other way they squeal like a stuck pig, same goes for SAAFL clubs

What amounts are you talking that are amazing?
by daysofourlives
Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck with that plan.
There will never be a cap, been tried before and can't be policed.
The CFB has to admit that their points system is the cause of the inflated payments before anything will change.
League clubs are quite happy to recruit country footballers but when it goes the other way they squeal like a stuck pig, same goes for SAAFL clubs

What amounts are you talking that are amazing?

I know that it is impossible to cap, but it doesn`t make it right though. Does it?
Of course League clubs will be happy recruiting players from the country just as a player would like to be recruited. Why wouldn`t a player want to further he`s career in a class above and then maybe move up to the top class i.e AFL if good enough..
The simple fact is that the Country league is paying way over, and the SANFL are helpless in stopping it.
I know of a few ex SANFL players recieving payments in the $600 > $1400 a game region.
I will not name the players, but I can assure you, this is no lie.
As I posted previously, some (NOT) all of these players would still have a lot to offer in our comp, but are being lured away by buckets of goodies.

There also used to be some prestige and a higher status in playing League football, not anymore thanks to your club (and 5 others)
Why is it wrong for country clubs to pay what they can afford (or even what they can't)?
Perhaps the SANFL clubs should look at how they operate.
Get rid of the reserves. Don't pay anyone under the age of 20 (as u said sell them the AFL dream)
Don't pay so much to interstate ex AFL recruits so that there is more to go around to retain local stars.
Of course country clubs will be happy recruiting players from the city just as a player would like to be recruited. Why wouldnt a player want to train less, get paid more and set up his family, pay the mortgage, buy a boat etc etc
I believe your figures on payments would be quite accurate
by daysofourlives
Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who saved Test Cricket?

Test cricket hasn't come out as the elite form of the game, it has always been so. As for it being 'saved' it is a long way from that. If Test Cricket was saved it was saved by attacking captains Illingworth and I Chappell in the early seventies and the emergence of one day cricket.

In Australia and England Test Cricket is well attended but not so everywhere else. South Africa have the best team in the world but only around 9000 people turned up for their boxing day clash against the number two ranked Indians. Test Cricket is a long way from being saved and that's why Teeball was invented (oh and for the ca$h).

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

Bailey averaged 19 in the shield last season and not much more this season, him stinking it up was always going to happen.
by Squids
Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

kickinit wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:Pink test, McGrath day, etc. Ok, we get it.

this has to be a troll post

Why?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks the whole thing is overkill.
by The Sleeping Giant
Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FA CUP 2013/2014

Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Spargo wrote:Do you go all out to win the league cup now Jim?

The should just concentrate on trying to get a Europa League spot

We wouldn't win the A-League in our current state, absolute rabble

Maybe aim for the local Super League Cup before you make the big jump to the A-League :lol:
by mighty hounds
Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Cricketers playing BBL and Why?

Jim05 wrote:
Squids wrote:Can't believe I missed Hastings, what a total flog. Built like Tarzan bowls like Jane.

Saw the squad named and thought what a bunch of wankers.
Hastings is a flog but everytime I see the "No Show" I want to fly kick the TV

I want to just fly kick the bloke himself
by BoundaryRider84
Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI Series v England

Actually you are right, if you only count real cricket.
by The Sleeping Giant
Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions for 2014

Ruben Carter wrote:First they lose Tambling, now Van Berlo... how much worse can it get for the poor old Crows :lol:

Bookmakers have moved the Crows into 10/1 for the flag on the back of this news.
by daysofourlives
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port Adelaide MAGPIES reserve will have the best 18 years old's that didn't get drafted to the AFL. Do you really think that a 18 year old that still wants to have a crack at AFL will want to play for norwood over Port. Having access to everything at a AFL club versus only having access to everything at a SANFL club. Sorry, how will they have access to "everything at a AFL club" if they're playing for the "Port Adelaide MAGPIES reserve[s]"?

Anyway, let's go through it all very slowly now:
1. The 18yo kid who's played Norwood from U/16s and played U/18s last year, is good. Missed getting drafted, and maybe not SANFL league good yet, but certainly reserves good, and could be good enough to push for league selection depending on performances in the 2nds.
2. Norwood obviously don't want to let him go.
3. So the only way he ends up at the Magpies is if he walks, and if Port Adelaide (on the current system) pay a transfer fee.
4. So, will he walk?
5. On the plus side, he gets a lot of talk about playing at an AFL club, having access to an AFL club's facilities, joining an 'academy' and playing for an 'academy team' ('cos that sounds so much more prestigious than joining a reserves squad and playing reserves), and living the dream of having a crack at AFL.
6. On the minus side:
• He will be training and playing with the 3rd tier group at the PAFC, and that fact will effectively be locked in for the whole year; he will be with the 2nd tier group at Norwood, and can instantly be promoted to the top tier if performances warrant it
• He is (barring an improbable run of injuries to the AFL list and the SANFL top-up list) guaranteed not to get a SANFL league game at PAFC. There are about 37 players guaranteed a SANFL league game before him (44 on AFL list + 15 league top-up - 22 AFL players picked each week). That's a massive whack of injuries required before he's even a theoretical chance; whereas Norwood can pick him for his SANFL league debut the minute he earns his spot
• Playing SANFL reserves won't get him on an AFL list. For someone who's already been passed over once, playing well at SANFL reserves level isn't going to impress AFL talent scouts. Every mature-aged draftee from SA I can think of, got the nod by playing stand-out footy at SANFL league level
• He is (if PAFC follow the rules) prohibited from being paid more than $100 per game by the PAFC because he's stuck in the SANFL reserves all year, whereas at Norwood if he earns a league debut, then within the SANFL salary cap Norwood can pay him whatever they like
• He has to leave behind his mates and club he's grown up with, which is a greater-than-usual pull if your home club is successful and the club you're thinking of transferring to, isn't
• The talk of 'if you wanna live the dream of playing AFL, your chances are better if you come to an AFL club' is an obvious crock. If they're interested in persuading him to stay, Norwood can point out to him: "Look at the number of players drafted and rookied from Norwood over the last 5 years, as compared with those wearing a prison bar guernsey."

There may well be the odd decent 18yo who requests to transfer over to Port Adelaide for a range of reasons, including that they buy the hype—in addition to the ex-U/18 castoffs who will make up the bulk of the 'academy'. People do irrational things all of the time, young people even more so.

But good luck with the claim that "the best 18 year olds that didn't get drafted to the AFL" will be lining up en masse to leave behind their SANFL club and train with the 3rd tier group at a bones-of-its-arse AFL club, in order to grasp the prize of not playing SANFL league footy and therefore not attracting the interest of AFL talent scouts.
by SimonH
Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

While your eyes are rolling get the rest of the bod the same way and roll back to the 'speak no evil of the Cows' protected species board there's a good lad.

regards,

REB

The what sorry? :roll: :roll:

Ah, didn't notice they had got the chop. Not before time. But we are still going to give you shit. Go buy the Tiser Not-So. :D

regards,

REB

8) I can take some shit, just the constant over top bagging gets old, hence a decline in AFC posters on the board IMO. Tiser is the only thing that keeps me sane after reading this site ;)

It's not a bad thing, there is light at the end of the tunnel, how many of you left?
by daysofourlives
Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MightyEagles wrote:Stand up if your 7 nil up.

this never gets old haha. can it get to 11? (only one T20 right?)
by bennymacca
Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

I am starting to realise why crows supporters had their own sub forum now...............
by Johno6
Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great choice by hack Bailey to bowl first on an absolute belter.
by Squids
Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Liquor Lads

westozfalcon wrote:You can't get it here in WA and I reckon it's not a bad drop.

by bennymacca
Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What did each era bring to the game

1990s, bowlers being allowed to throw
by Mr Beefy
Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

if you steal a car, and then give it back to the owner, you are still charged with illegal use....

now that west supposedly have all the money back, whats stopping them going to the police now? personally it would be the first thing i would do after the cheque cleared.
by tipper
Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Adelaide Crows CEO Steven Trigg said the opening AFL game at the redeveloped Adelaide Oval was the “perfect opportunity” to celebrate South Australian football.

“This is about our deep respect and admiration for South Australian football and all those who have been involved,” Trigg said.

“Football has been played at Adelaide Oval for more than 140 years, it was where the game evolved and grew into the State’s biggest sport.

“As we start an exciting new era at Adelaide Oval, we also wanted to do something that makes a statement underlining our appreciation for the past.

“The Adelaide Football Club was created by the SANFL as the team for all South Australians in 1990 and we are extremely proud of that heritage.

“Wearing the guernsey will be a central part of our plans for the game, which is to remember and highlight the history of the SANFL and its clubs.”

SANFL executive commissioner Leigh Whicker said the commemorative guernsey was “fitting” for football’s return to Adelaide Oval.

“The SANFL is delighted that the Adelaide Football Club will honour its heritage in round two of the AFL Premiership Season,” he said. “The guernsey reflects the many hard working and passionate people, as well as all the SANFL clubs, that have built the Crows into such a significant part of the South Australian football landscape.

“At a time of celebration, when football returns to the Adelaide Oval, it is fitting that this nationally recognised guernsey is on display.”

What ******* wankers. What a bunch of ******* wankers.
by Booney
Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The longer this club exists the more and more disillusioned i have become with it, this is one 23yo club playing in a Victorian based competition, they don't own footy in SA nor do they solely represent it's history. This mob has got WAY ahead of itself.

Most importantly they DO NOT represent this state, nor all South Australians.
by Booney
Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nigel Smart. Arrogant tosser.

Adelaide Crows. Arrogant club.

An insult to everyone, I suggest people complain to the club.
by csbowes
Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mainly aimed at the Crows fans

But would it be fair to see the majority of south australian football fans don't support the crows, when you take into account power supporters, interstate afl clubs supporters, SANFL ammo country fans who don't follow or support a side in the afl
by whufc
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |