Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Cheers jetters! Possibly you have some knowledge of exercise physiology, fitness and conditioning and that's the reason for your opinion. Personally I think a guy who plays amateur footy isn't overly interested in an accurate account of conditioning, strength and conditioning. More than likely they wanna get in a gym, lift weights get bigger and look good in a tshirt..... And good on em for that reason. Therefore any gym set up in a footy club is functional. The lads at our club use the gym, feel confident and strong and they take that confidence onto the field. Probably a little off base was your comment.
by superboot7
Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Don't hang any shit on the B's at haven! All players who played qualified.... Hardly stacked the side. Majority of havens 2's played 2's 90% of year.
by superboot7
Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You used the word 'preferred' to play B's during minor round... That's in correct
Blokes like:
- Batesy ( had ups and down with training )
- dirty (work commitment)
- Ty 'the difference' Deurdan ( another planet)
They are probably 3 consistent A graders that for the above reasons played more in the 2's this year. Throughout the season haves 2's filled holes in the A grade each week and made valid contributions also. The 2's didn't win 19 games this year because of stacked sides. Many of the Haven 2's have all been proven A graders and are now playing 2's. we had a great side this year and the A's dropped a couple of sitters unfortunately otherwise they'd have been in finals also.. .. Losses to WC and Fitzroy bit them in the arse. Lets hope both sides take 2014 by the short and curlies!!
by superboot7
Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As for a committee being set up to ensure best players play A grade..... I can tell ya for fact... Not 1 player who was picked in the A grade this year went to the coach and said.... Ummmm coach... I'd prefer to play 2's. the sides that were picked were the sides that played, so maybe committee needs to focus on whose picked!
by superboot7
Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or the latter could mean...the coaches message / strategies / relationships didnt mesh with the culture of the new club, thus requiring the coach to add strings to his bow in order to develop further as a coach.
by superboot7
Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I played in that B grade haven v CLG game yesterday. 1st game for the year. Full credit to CLG. They were able to put a last quarter together that I think took them from 2 goals in 3 quarters to 8 for the day. Havens let the game slip thru what I believe to be work rate. Blustery conditions and a bit scrappy. I think a 4 quarter effort from havens would have seen the result differently. But that's the great thing about footy. CLG took every centre clearance in the last as no one decided to pick up 14. Look forward to the return match.

I'm not sure who'll be in the big dance come September but I can say pretty safely that no side in the 2's should consider themselves a standout. Look at last year..... Elizabeth were top and 2nd all year
by superboot7
Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

NH player who got 7 games got a good result for him I'd say....mate of mine got 8 games and there was no video, no report from any umpire, but got 8 games on a supporters statement who said he saw the alleged hit!! Personally I think a king hit and spitting on a player is deservant of similar games...whilst a hit can be deadly and thatnk god it's unlikely a lot of the time....to spit on someone is the lowest form of human filth. Just my 2 cents
by superboot7
Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

My take on footytrips is that you'll always get some form of chaotic behaviour.
An outsider or fellow trip enjoyer will get offended by behaviour and unfortunately its just the luck of the draw with these things. I think acting up on a plane probably says a lot more about the person(s) than the club itself.

I think its always important to consider that these are mostly young men and it's always easy to cast aspersions and judge when we are on the outside looking in.

I was recently holidaying with a footy trip and the behaviour I witnessed was typical 'wanker' behaviour that I commented on as I thought it was inapproriate around kids, but at the end of the day I had to make the call to remove the kids as I had no control over the players. I think thats important to remember also.....If ya not happy with others behaviour, remove yourself from the situation or ignore it (even if that is an inconvenience for you)

If it had of been the flip side and I was on the footy trip...I would have found the behaviour completey fine and joined in with the festivities!

I would never base my opinion on a footy shirt...ONly the player wearing it
by superboot7
Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

I'm very much a hater of BL, so if the comment is sink the boots in guys we love it is all the rage!!

After reading the comment about north haven spending heaps of cash on 4 players...my response to that is good on them as they have the ability to do so and I can't remember the last time north haven asked to be dropped into easier divisions because it all got to hard!

Havens had a big loss of players at one stage but took there medicine, banded together and pulled through resulting in 3 reserves grand finals in a row and a grand final birth in the A grade and a promotion! It's like a few posters have said.... BL just don't spend the money right [color=#FF0000]<edited - no need to get personal>[/color]

I would hate to be involved in a club like BL who show no respect to the faithful. All your victories are hollow and I hope the slide or battle continues!
by superboot7
Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheers for that
by superboot7
Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All the teams are doing their best
hop-ing for a good con-test
some days win and some days lose
lets try and leave out all the boos

Lets replace them with a cheer
and do not drink too much beer
support your team with all your might
and dis-cour-age a nasty fight

follow rules and play your part
then games flow well, right from the start!!!!

Gooooooooooo Footyyyyyyyyyy!
by superboot7
Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Just wanted to thank PNU in 8R yesterday. A good game! They're a good bunch of lads, shame we couldn't have converted in the first qtr! They were able to do what we couldn't!

Really proud of Haven boys.... To make finals as a D4 club and play off against a D1 club is a real credit!

Good luck PNU. Hoping a black and white side takes the chocolates
by superboot7
Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |