Search found 19 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Quick game of devils advocate if Kilburn had of gone down to C1 but still had 8 or 9 A grade players available and made a complete mess of a C grade side would everybody be saying the league did the wrong thing and they should have stayed in D3. Sometimes you have to let situations play out to be able to find the correct solution.
by bandar
Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Good game at Gepps today glad to take the points. Much respect to the Gepps people for the respect that was shown to us.

For Sam Williams to kick our last 3 goals and effectively win us the game is probably beyond comprehension.

Respect.
by bandar
Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

I understand that to be case Beefy.......

Notwithstanding......My response regarding a "single" forfeit was deliberate and made specifically applicable only to Salisbury West given they themselves have created a situation which puts their future in jeopardy.

Their registration to remain in SAAFL has been made conditional as outlined by Carey (assuming of course it is as he stated)....It appears one of those conditions is an "age cap" so to speak. Perhaps this was imposed to limit the opportunity to exploit the "numbers" with some skulduggery as suggested could happen by Heater 31.

My viewpoint is it would be in their interests to ensure that each registration is a genuine footballer committed to play for season 2015 by being aware they are on notice.....that a single (1) forfeit (not 3) by either one or both senior sides .....and its "over" for 2015....The stakes are high so time to see how much they want it because half measures won't cut it IMO.

the anti-CDFA bias continues

those conditions would never be considered if it was an old scholars bloc club

Bias!!........ you either sincere or pulling my leg.......seriously!!!............ and regarding yours re the "conditions".....Why not?......
Were there "conditions" on Kilburn last year?

I think last year might be why the conditions exist.
by bandar
Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Yes the president is back out again and looking good. We've lost a couple and gained a couple but very early to know how we will go in the higher div.

To clarify for you Bandar, Bletho's nickname at the club is The President.

Yeah worked it out eventually he gathered a few nicknames in his time with us The Velvet Sledgehammer and Alphonse ( Gangitano) most notable.
by bandar
Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Who in the Div 4 GF is choosing not to go up?
by bandar
Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Well to say we had a pretty good day on Saturday may be somewhat of an understatement but to end up with 3 flags on the day certainly contained some elements of luck. I think the B's and C's used a bit up on Saturday.

For the A's it went as I had hoped which included what I expected being a bit of a slow start before finding some form in the second half of the second quarter we wouldn't have wanted to wait any longer though as Iggies played well all day and never went away.

Kudos to Jeremy Cini for his words after the game also to Joe Pedlar for his advice to the lads not certain they took it on board but are probably thinking this morning that they should have :D .
by bandar
Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Spoke to Bob Weekley last Saturday he was at our GF's he wasn't happy he had missed the MP GF but really happy for Ben. 2nd game he had missed he said the other one was through a heart attack. Obviously takes a fair bit to keep a good man down.
by bandar
Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Quick question if the president of a club head butted a player from the opposition who was protecting the umpires how would that play out at headquarters.
by bandar
Sat May 07, 2016 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

2001 1st Semi Finals at Hectorville

A7
Broadview 1.4 1.6 1.7 1.9 (15)
Adelaide Uni 0.0 2.1 2.1 2.2 (14)

A7 Res

Broadview 0.5 2.6 3.8 3.9 (27)
Henley 2.2 3.5 3.5 3.7 (25)

The day got worse the longer it went didn't stop raining all day

I seem to remember someone posting photos of that game on here. Amazing stuff

That photo was of PHOS Camden Vs Goodwood at Hectorville final score 1-2 to 1-0 got the reunion next week it's pretty boring listening to the one bloke talk about his goal all day.
by bandar
Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Win the GF and you will get promoted!!!

Div 4 GF teams since 2013 reads like this.
2013 - Plympton 1st promoted to Div 3, Brahma Lodge 2nd and elected to be dropped to A5 and went winless.
2014 - GG 1st promoted to Div 3, Salisbury West 2nd and elected to be dropped to A7 and won 5 games
2015 - Kilburn 1st promoted to Div 3, Salisbury 2nd and elected to stay in Div 4 and still a chance to challenge for a flag.

The runners up have made their own call for the past 3 years so the only difference this year is that the SAAFL has made the call for them.

I'm not sure facts are going to help.

Welcome go both Brighton and Morphies I look forward to all being in the same grade at some stage where we will be able to significantly decrease the size of our carbon footprint.
by bandar
Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

The only thing I can come up with is inappropriate attire for a goal umpire.
by bandar
Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APPS New recruiting rules - Your thoughts?

6 points is the default for new players in until the clubs manually change to the correct amount.
by bandar
Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

So what's the story with Phos and their redevelopment?
Not playing any games this year at Camden while it's been done I'm hearing. New club rooms and all being built.

Can anyone elaborate?

I have some info. Complete redevelopment of ground and clubrooms. Birkalla have a new synthetic pitch going in which needs very good drainage which is pointless if ours isn't up to scratch. Old home changeroom remains as storage. New rooms stretch along the western wing includes 4 changerooms. New bar clubroom etc. will be at the northern end with a verandah out the front. Ground won't be used all of 2018 plus next summer. Hopefully we are in for start of 2019 but as with all thing there has already been a delay as the oval work should already have been started but hopefully they get stuck in soon. I believe we aren't the only club in this position for next year and I'm pretty sure Thebby is going to get a real workout. :)
by bandar
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Torrens Arms goes alright in case of emergency.
by bandar
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2019

For those coming to Camden Oval this year it looks a bit different. Starting to look like something now. That's the old home change room on the far left.
by bandar
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard talk of a sling tackle but nothing else.
by bandar
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great to finally get in the new rooms not without some teething problems but that was to be expected when we got the keys on Thursday. Will be very happy after the oval gets resurfaced and we have surrounds landscaped but it is a huge step in the right direction.
by bandar
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Footy Season Format Options for 2020

If as proposed there is no promotion and relegation and considering the uneven home and away games aren't they all just trial games?
by bandar
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 2

The Bedge wrote:
bandar wrote:Reasonable chance this would be the hardest div to tip.

Special comments from Tom Browne

If I knew who that was I might be offended. Actually if I knew who you were I might be offended as well.
by bandar
Sun May 30, 2021 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |