Search found 27 matches

Return

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

Yay - well we can't get worse.

Actually, boo, we can. We can finish 10th now.

Damn you Crows! No AFL in SANFL!!!
by maxyoz
Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ian wrote:
maxyoz wrote:Hooray - I don't give a rats arse about any of you other lots clubs or your sh!t coaches, so why are you so interested in ours?
Because we want Glenelg to be shitter than us for ever ;)

Ha ha - Well good luck in beating us in more Grand Finals than we have beaten you in.
by maxyoz
Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sando wields axe

Armytank wrote:perhaps all of the SANFL clubs can provide "top up" club support staff on a rotation type basis? Can only do them good to be working with the proffesionals within the AFL clubs.....

I hope so - where do I send my "Expression of Interest"?
by maxyoz
Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

an SANFL player who only trains for 4-6 hour a week!!

Huh? SANFL players are "at the club" a lot more than that. This is why so many kids are playing country and amateur league footy. They got sick of training 5 days a week plus game day for $75. They can train one night at Mt Compass, for example, and get paid $800.

A typical SANFL player:
Monday - light training run match review.
Tuesday - weights session, massage, rehab.
Wednesday - main training session.
Thursday - day off.
Friday - Team meeting, light training run, generally touch work, game structure.
Saturday - Game day.
Sunday - Rehab Session.
by maxyoz
Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Future of the SANFL

Why are we all talking about how strong the MAGPIES and crows are? Before the start of the season all the talk was about how we didn't want to win.

You really don't seem to mind showing your complete lack of insight do you ? Or you just think sarcasm is extremely humorous or intelligent ?
Of course the players out on the field are trying to win :roll: BUT they have no control over the minutes they play, the position they play or the role they may be given.
Lets say the Power are playing a 12.40 game in Melbourne - 3 players in the first quarter go down with what could possibly be serious injuries; will the Coach
a) tell the reserves coach to pull the next three players out of the side due to play at 2.10 at Alberton
b) wait for the medical reports on Monday and hope he wont need those three from the Reserves next week

Of course its a) ergo the reserves side is not at full strength despite the 21 who actually play wanting to win, the football department are not honouring their commitment to "play to win" . Nothing to do with the players .

Queens Birthday game last year, both Jarryd Lyons from Glenelg and Matt Wright from North were withdrawn to play because Adelaide were playing the Friday Night (5 days later).

Not sure if I am trying to make a comparison or point out that it effected SANFL teams last year, either way, this stuff happens.
by maxyoz
Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

Pros: It's given us the opportunity to have lots of healthy debating on this forum.

Cons: It seems to end up on every fricking thread.
by maxyoz
Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

Wedgie wrote:Eagles 6.2
Sturt 6.1

Almost qtr time. I'm at Adelaide Oval so if someone else could post updates it would be appreciated.

What is this rubbish?

Seriously Wedgie, if you are going to take threads off topic by discussing football, then you need to ban yourself.
by maxyoz
Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 21/6

And thankfully due to concussion, Aaron Joseph won't be playing, falling over his own feet, needing to be stretchered off and then wasting everybody's time.
by maxyoz
Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nwdfanparade wrote:Hate to rub salt into Glenelg supporters' wounds, but Norwood kicked more than Glenelg's final score in the first quarter and almost did the same in the 3rd quarter (missing out by 2 points).
:D

Well a good side would have. Proof that Norwood are crap.
by maxyoz
Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally? I'm a pretty good bloke once you get to know me.
by maxyoz
Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - North v Adelaide Reserves @ Prospect

Crows won and cheated.

The umpires cheated.

Some blokes ex-wife cheated.

4,000 Crows supporters didn't turn up.
by maxyoz
Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

I am led to believe that it was physical towards the AFC Staff Member, not just verbal.

I personally have never had anything said to me at a game, apart from people I know. I have actually copped more at the Glenelg games I have attended (all but the 1 at Alberton) from Glenelg supporters.

If you get off on abusing people, particularly people just turning up to do a job to help out a footy team, then good luck to you, but what a sad life you lead.
by maxyoz
Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

I'll be there, hope the beer is cold.

I hope you're bringing Apricot Slice as well.

Rather than beer, I thought a nice thermos of Earl Grey tea would be more of your choosing ....

Do Crow-Mania sells Crows thermos' or do you go for the more traditional tartan design??

Yep, I'll bring my Crows thermos. The last time I had my Glenelg one, I was cleaning the gutters, it fell, it shattered and is now at the bottom of the ladder.

Does that make you feel better, Mods?
by maxyoz
Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cracka wrote:Is it really the behaviour you want in front of families though.

Apparently.

So we have gone from not going to any games and have zero numbers to show our disgust, to going to every game in large numbers to show our disgust.
by maxyoz
Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Sturt v Port @ Envestra Park (Sat 28/6)

Leon_LeCornu wrote:Why are people talking as if it's Port responsibility to provide the crowd for an away game?

Because the Crows promised an extra 14,000 each week.

4,000 at crows games and 10,000 at Port games.
by maxyoz
Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 12 - Sturt v Port - POST GAME Discussion

matt35 wrote:At Macca; Not worth responding to people like topsy who are on a sulk that's now reached nearly 12 months! Oh and I see the umpires are now in on the great AFL conspiracy! Who next?

No Umps in the SANFL
by maxyoz
Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Booney wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Any update on the free kick count?

Even Stevens.

Are the Umps giving frees against the coach now?

Bloody Hell, the Eagles are a protected species.
by maxyoz
Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:After seeing that I hope the Crows smash them...

I agree, Dutchy.
by maxyoz
Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

back on topic

Tex was complaining about a crows membership being thrown at the crows players but it was North Adelaides fault????

Personally I'd be blaming the Crows members that threw it!

Rumour I heard from a bloke who wasn't there, he was told by a bloke who wasn't there that Tex, who wasn't there, leant his tickets to a North supporter who was too cheap to pay.

The North supporter was just returning them after the game, he couldn't find Tex, because he wasn't there, but knew that one of the players would return them on his behalf.

Typical uncouth North supporter who was too lazy to take an extra 6 steps and hand them over, so he just pelted them from where he stood - so I've been told by somebody not there.

#This may be all fiction, but that's irrelevant.
by maxyoz
Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - South v Adelaide @ Hickinbotham Oval (Sat 12/

Big Phil wrote:
Reserves @ 11:25am

Come on man - again??? :)

I will be at this game - me and my 3,999 mates. They have the best coffee of any SANFL club down there.
by maxyoz
Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - Central v West @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 12/

Dogwatcher wrote:
Dog_ger wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Dog_ger wrote: We have lost far too much talent.

Have we developed enough talent?

We are sitting 9th after round 12 "Dogwatcher"

Comment please....?

We're not bottom.

I dream of the days that Glenelg were 9th. Damn you AFL in the SANFL!!!!!
by maxyoz
Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - South v Adelaide @ Hickinbotham Oval (Sat 12/

350 more than the "purists" game a couple of weeks ago between South and the Dogs.
by maxyoz
Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval (Sat 26/7)

Does that mean you're coming Ecky?

Long time between drinks.
No, because I'm not going anymore I don't care if the whole world knows that the best place to park at Prospect is the other side of Main North Rd, or at Unley the dead end street one street north of the Oval etc...

That'll be handy to know for when Glenelg plays Sturt last week.
by maxyoz
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally - someone from our club is showing some fight and aggression.
by maxyoz
Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 16/7)

Can they play them if they played AFL the week before? I don't think they can.

Really? Wasn't aware.

Well in that case what is to stop them naming the first 22 to play in their 'seconds' competition??

Probably because this game is on Saturday the 26th of July and the "AFL" side play on Sunday the 27th of July - that would be a good reason not to.
by maxyoz
Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 - Glenelg v Adelaide @ Gliderol (Sat 9/8)

Glenelg Tigers v Adelaide Crows (State League side)

Saturday, 9th August 2014

Gliderol Stadium, Glenelg

League @ 2:10pm

Broadcast - In Ground Radio Coverage (more to come)

I'm pretty sure there's an Under 13 SFL vs Metro South game before starting at 12.15.

You'd think the Crows would win, but you just don't know with their top ups and Rookies. Small ground won't suit Adelaide.

Bays by a goal.
by maxyoz
Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

I wonder how many Crows members are lending their tickets to their mates who are SANFL regulars thus robbing the clubs of revenue?

Im surprised this hasnt been mentioned more in these conversations

It happened at Prospect a few weeks ago and the guy tried to hand them back after the game, albeit it clumsily.
by maxyoz
Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |