Search found more than 1461 matches

Return

Re: Sheffield Shield SA vs NSW 7-11 @ SCG.

Pumped.

Am i the only one that gets more joy from watching the backs prevail then watching the aussies?
by Coach Bombay
Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

Bit in this deck between Stars and 6ers. Good to see something different.
by helicopterking
Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who saved Test Cricket?

I'm actually a tad worried for test cricket and don't blame t20 at all.

Countries like England and Aus are thriving crowds wise when it comes to test but unfortunately the same can't be said for NZ, WI, SA, SL.

One of the offsets I have seen from t20 is these countries is the administrators have become lazy, they make all the coin they need from t20 and therefore have become lazy in trying to promote test cricket and bring back the crowds.

Obviously in the case of NZ, WI poor on field performances haven't helped there cause but I think t20 has made alot of the administrators lazy and the needs for crowds at test cricket for wealth is non exsistant.

If crowds stop going completely then test cricket will become irrelevant. We need as many competitive countries as possible.

I would love to see Ireland gain test match status, there an improving nation and don't have alot of sporting sides competing at a high level on the international stage (football, union) are the only ones that come to mind. They have natural rivals in England
by whufc
Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Tony Clifton wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:Freeling off to Adelaide Oval for the t20 final, after smashing stansbury this arvo by around 60 runs.

That's awesome. Stansbury have won about 10 flags in a row, good team.

Any idea who Freeling are playing?

Millicent
by BoundaryRider84
Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Squids list of chuckers

So you cost Australia a record test wicket taker? Thanks a lot.
by smac
Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

Playing in temperature like this weekend would be enough to turn a lot away from the game.
by EldersUniSA
Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Tony Clifton wrote:When's the T20 final? Is it at AO or one of the clubs?

Might sneak along for a look.

Sunday 2nd March at TTG, website says for a 4.15pm start
by Bluedemon
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unbelievable days cricket from our lads on Sunday. To not only match the quality Kensi side but beat them convincingly was a credit to the lads who work tirelessly for TTGDCC.

TTG won the toss and batted, started well with Weaver and Tim Evans putting on 40odd for the first wicket against Opie and Worral. TTG lost 2 quick ones to see Trav Head and Tim Davey in they put on a steady 90 run partnership before Trav was caught at Fine leg. Again we lost 2 quick wickets and Matt Cuconits and Tim Davey steadied before we lost regular wickets and finished with a respectable 230.

Everyone thought we were in for a close one with Klinger, Smith, Ross and Brown a formidable top 4. But Klinger gone for a golden duck to Nick Winter, followed Smith by a direct hit run out by Tim Evans and Brown caught behind for 1 off Sommerfield, Kensi were 3/21. Ross and Clarance steadied the Kensi ship before Ross guided one to gully and from then on it was regular wickets. Obrien and Clarance providing some middle order fight but they never looked like threatening to win the game for them.

Three one day premierships in a row with the T20 to come and more importantly the 2 day competition.
by Footy Smart
Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In hindsight the decision not to bring back the PL players was a distinct advantage to the team that did.

Anyway with this only game played on the weekend if Adelaide jag an outright in their last 2 day fixture and win the last round 1 dayer they could be sweating on results of other games in round 12 (they have the bye) and round 13 (play University) to pinch 4th spot :shock:

Now I'd imagine if this was to transpire there would be some rather irate opposition clubs looking at SACA for allowing just the 1 fixture to get away yesterday....

Must admit full credit to WT ground staff for getting the wicket going not a sign of the amount of rain we had for the past few days. Only downside it robbed you the chance to mow the outfield as if its anything thing like my front lawn its grown an inch since Friday :shock:

WT knew not bringing PL players back would make it tough, but looked at the bigger picture. With Adelaide now a slight chance to play finals, justifies pushing two guys out to fit Lawford and Barnes in.

Trent Kelly did great job, he also prepares Woodville Oval, and that was the other game to go ahead. Trent knew the weather was coming, so had the pitches prepared Wednesday, big covers on, was perfect day for cricket. Good lesson to other curators!

Outfield was slow, grass not mowed on Friday like normal. Thats why Lawford, Barnes, Cabot, etc went over the boundary line instead, was good to watch such clean hitting!
by Willo
Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've been trying to figure out why only 2 games were allowed to get away. Doesnt that give unfair advantage?
There may be a perfectly good explanation.....i just cant find it.

Isn't the purpose of grade clubs to produce state cricketers? I would imagine if there is a wicket available it should be used to aid in the development of future state cricketers. I imagine this takes precedence over a fair grade competition.
by daysofourlives
Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Massive comeback by Freeling, hope valley were cruising. Needed 6 off the last ball to win bit couldn't do it, Freeling win!
by bennymacca
Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Technically 9 teams still in the hunt. Might not be that many actually. Haven't really crunched the numbers.

1 East Torrens 107.5 (West Torrens, Prospect)
2 Woodville 102.5 (Glenelg, Tea Tree Gully)
3 Tea Tree Gully 102.5 (Port Adelaide, Woodville)
4 Sturt 97.5 (Southern District, West Torrens)
5 Kensington 97.5 (Northern Districts, Glenelg)
6 Northern Districts 92.5 (Kensington, Bye)
7 Port Adelaide 87.5 (Tea Tree Gully, Southern District)
8 Glenelg 82.5 (Woodville, Kensington)
9 Southern District 82.5 (Sturt, Port Adelaide)

I wonder if there will be any silly season outrights? :D Good thing about having a one dayer in the last round is they're not open to manipulation. A draw this round would be a killer blow.

Reckon East Torrens will go win-win and finish top.

The two Woodville games are massive - Glenelg, TTG.

Port could make things very interesting if they knock off TTG this week. Gullies win and you'd think they're safe.

Loser of Northerns and Kensington this round can kiss it goodbye.

Some interesting results on Saturday. Kensington (9/255) and Southerns (9/236) some reasonable totals against Northern Dist and Sturt. TTG 1/31 chasing 201 against Port. Glenelg 5/113 look shaky chasing Woodville's 221. Top placed East Torrens already 3 wickets down and still 20 runs behind, losing to bottom placed West Torrens - you would think there will be an outright result one way or another at that game, but West Torrens in the box seat.

My guess with a round and a half to go:

Tea Tree Gully and Woodville to play each other two weeks in a row (R13 for top spot and meet again in the Semi).
Kensington and East Torrens to play in the other Semi.
by Aerie
Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jake Brown won the medal.
Ben Hook did a great job as MC.
by kempey
Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well Saturday didn’t go as planned for our lads but that’s cricket. Sunday was a fantastic struggle but we were I reckon 20 runs short of the flag. Our lads bowled fantastically to give ourselves a sniff, The Skipper leading the way. Lady luck wasn’t on our side this weekend and Port amazingly coming from nowhere with 2 rounds to go make the finals let alone win the flag. Who would have thought it!

Was awesome to see our D grade go through undefeated and chase down 230 only 3 wickets down. Very good game of cricket, in a grade which often gets criticised for its quality.

Even better for mine, was although devastated about the loss, the A grade boys got back and supported the D grade and got around them in their celebrations throughout the night.
by Footy Smart
Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon that's 5 different premiers in the last 5 years. And as mentioned at the Bradman medal last week 8 differnet clubs have played GFs in the last 4 years.
Good advertisment for the even-ness of the comp
by C Horse
Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

This is what I have learnt:
Posters from clubs that have big junior numbers say the other clubs need to invest in their juniors, 99% of same posters would have had nothing to do with developing their junior program just played there.
Clubs with big junior programs get better junior players, coaches and support because they are, unsurprisingly, more successful.
Clubs with small junior programs don't like their talented kids being poached by clubs with big junior programs
Bombers4eva thinks noone should get paid for playing
Salisbury are the only club in Australia that don't pay players, yet hand out cash at awards.
Footy Chick doesn't like it when he Clubs in Strife topic leads to posters talking about what gets clubs in strife
Brahma will get smashed in 2014
Kilburn will get smashed into oblivion
PAOC will take over Kilburn Oval *
Some people will leave a club because they have too many wankers - all clubs have too many wankers.

*may have not learnt that
by Mr Beefy
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

Has the points system had a negative effect on grass roots football? Is it more of a coincidence that when this came in, it made college sides stronger and the less aussie rules populated area weaker?

The college sides are extremely advantaged under the points system.

The points system was brought in by the CFL to protect the SANFL, and the SAAFL adopted it to protect the old scholars bloc.

Hahahaha. What a ridiculous assertion.

Tell us your version of the implementation of the Points System.

I (absolutely not being aligned with any college side) think it's the best thing that's happened to the Amateur League for a long time. The only problems it has are:
1. For many clubs detailed records of junior games are a new concept. We have to scratch our head for how many games a junior played 5 years ago, if someone came and played for us 15 years ago we'd have very little idea.
2. The Junior Games category should be expanded. The 25 games between 14 and 16 can be too hard to meet for many players as that is the age group they're whisked away to Norwood/State Squads/Etc. We've had blokes who have played well over 100 junior games for our footy club, never played for another (non-SANFL) club but still be worth points because they only played 20 games in the relevant period. The rule should be re-drafted to 25 games between 14 and 16 or 100 games in total.
3. Get rid of the Son of a Life Member rule. How many life members wouldn't have their own children playing junior footy at a club they're life members at? Pointless duplication and is asking to be exploited.

And no Easy Tiga, it benefits clubs who do something for the game of football at a developmental and grassroots level (and Adelaide Uni, it benefits Adelaide Uni alot). It hurts clubs who give nothing back in the hollow pursuit of lower grade glory.
by jo172
Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

It would be criminal if people left their SANFL side to support the crows reserves. I hope no one has done it.
Wouldn't surprise, after all look how many crows/power supporters deserted their original VFL/AFL clubs in 1991 & 1997......

Because most of use were passive supporters of teams in the VFL. It was the Victorian comp.
It's a bit like when I am told that I should hate Collingwood, I don't get it - they are just another Melbourne team, I hate Port Adelaide.

I do always laugh at those former Collingwood supporters who jumped on to the Power and now "hate" them.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

I watched my first junior football game in a long time yesterday, and i've got to say the rules they implement are terrible!

The game was awful to watch and the players themselves looked confused, frustrated and disintereted, the parents also appeared very annoyed and frustrated.

No bumping, no tackling, no smothering, no standing the mark, no stripping the ball.. a kid was even penalised for getting in the way of another kid running :shock:

Not to mention awarding a "mark" if the ball slapped the hand or hit them on the chest by accident. I understand flexibility in interpretation and application of the rule, but a player surely still needs to make a legitimate effort at marking, not just be gifted it.

The zones I had no issue with, thought that was a good rule, but the rest, it was awful! What is this teaching kids about the game!? If you dont have the ball you're effectively out of the game.. geez even netball allows a degree of defensive pressure FFS!
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon May 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do you play football to have fun?
Do you like losing?
Do you like it when you get lots of kicks?
Do you like kicking goals?
Do you like it when big kids hurt you?

I think I have an idea of how this survey is going to go...

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
by Look Good In Leather
Tue May 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Cricket Association

Dutchy wrote:Just think its a perfect opportunity to play in the strong HCA, but then again they may struggle initially.

Be interesting how the juniors plays out, is the SCA going to remain for juniors?

SCA juniors will be going ahead next seasom
by Off The Wall
Thu May 22, 2014 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jetters wrote:Still stupid

Whereas making ad hominem attacks and misusing the quote function is the height of intelligence and wit.
by jo172
Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Community Cricket Structure

north hardwicket, south hardwicket, turf all over. one day comps within each comp and T20's all over. Simple.
by Dancing in the rain
Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide loses Australia Day match

I'm all for it. How much of a home series do we actually watch, for me it's bugger all, weekends. To be able to knock off work, crack a frothy and watch the last session will be great.
by westcoastpanther
Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Under 18 penalties.

Robb_Stark wrote:ingle farm under 18s player got 3 red cards in the one game and he got of sorry

Was he going for a flush?
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Must say a congratulations to the following players who have all reached milestones this year for the HVFC:
250 games - Jarrad Dunn
250 games - Jordan Pepper
250 games - Dylan Hoffmann
200 games - Lee Duggan
150 games - Luke Anderson
100 games - Brett Slater
100 games - Leigh Crowhurst

Loyal to the cause
by S Demon
Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Season starts Oct 18 with a one-dayer and that will be the only clash with Premier League for the season. Preliminary rounds of the One Day comp morphed in to regular season matches which is a good move. Just the three Sat/Sun matches (played by all Grades), plus One Day QF,SF,GF all played on Sunday if you qualify. Three preliminary rounds plus QF,SF and GF for the T20 competition, all played on Tuesday nights.

SACA have done well with the program. Season is 1 week shorter than last year and there are 4 less Sunday's of commitment needed. T20 competition becomes a bit more competitive than the 4 preliminary rounds plus final that they had last year.
by Aerie
Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Izzy Borgas to TTG is my mail. Big loss to a depleted northerns batting line up, which has a lot of young promising guys to take over in his absence anyway. Massive in for TTG as thats sure to strengthen the middle order that has at times let the side down when crucial games are there to be won ie: last years grand final!!![/ quote]

The Bull is not still Angry regarding the GF loss. An extra 20/30 runs or a couple of 50/50 decisions go your way when batting and you might have had them, so pretty close to winning it.

No not angry at all, disappointed but not angry. would have been great to celebrate having all three trophys up at pertaringa though. Hopefully we can go one better this year.

The loss of O'Hara and Reilly to port doesn't help with our depth, and Big O-Barn was certainly crucial to our limited overs success. port do have some key players to replace, I can only see them being a contender again if the money hasn't dried up and big benno takes 50 wickets.

I will add that it would be great to see a premier this year that has over 50% of thier side made up of players who have come through the ranks at the respective club. only 7 from the 22 from the premiers in the last two years off the top of my head, thats including Fernandez who I am guessing was. you dont hear much about the silver fox but he can take a wicket!
by The Angry Bull
Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2013/14

Think there are definitely some who could or should try their hand at grade cricket, especially the younger lads. Look at the likes of Ryan Parker - from ATCO to an A Grade premiership with Pt. Adelaide.

The downside is to be frank, that the the incentive or appeal to play grade cricket isn't there. More money, more time commitment, and if you end up playing C or D grade then you're not playing a better standard anyway and if you are it wouldn't be by much.
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2013/14

Interesting to hear that Dylan Mciver was spotted at Jets pre season training, will be a big loss for craigmore.
Had a younger brother who was pretty good too. Still playing do you know?

Younger brother is Mitch, could be better than Dylan in years to come.

Both boys are out at the Jets to have another crack and I wish them all the best, always have CCC to go back to.

Both great lads with a heap of talent, agree that more could and should have a go at a higher level.
by sports follower
Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

Ingle Farm District Cricket Club Junior Registration Night
Friday 29th August 6pm onwards
Ingle Farm Sporting Club
Belalie Rd
Ingle Farm
New and Old players welcome looking to field under 9s/11s/13s/15s/& 17s.
For more info phone the club on 8260 2946 and speak to Chris Pike
by bulldogs
Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Could be a touch unfair for the other D7 teams?

yeah thats what cohiba was leading too

but i think theyll be likely to cut player wages to pay off debts so if they have any big guns they wont be set for payment and may go elsewhere leaving only loyal towns boys who play for jumper and not money?

Personally I think they should have stayed in SAAFL. I was at the special meeting that was held at the club in 2008 and the general feeling was entry into SFL would be the saving of the club or the sinking of it, unfortunately I fear the latter. If they want back in we should welcome them with open arms , regardless of the Div because the decision makers from back then have all gone and the current people would just want to see their great club continue. 5 years time and they celebrate 100 years and they could be around Div 3 or 4 by then. Just in case anyone wonders of my interest, I am a life member, ex B grade coach, junior premiership coach, previous board member of 10 years at Edwardstown but a proud supporter of SAAFL. :)

So Edwardstown were struggling to pay the bills and pay players enough to compete in Div 1, the obvious solution is to stop paying players so much and find your natural position in the league.

On that basis until someone tells me otherwise I have the same amount of sympathy for them as I have for Kilburn.
by Boosh
Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stanley Cricket Association

Any news on team nominations for the upcoming season? All clubs remaining the same? Have heard their may be an organised U12 comp rather than scratch matches at Balak and Clare each week with 4 clubs involved.
by Hazbeen
Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Augusta Cricket

The Indigenous Statewide Carnival will be held in Pt Augusta this year, comprising of various sides around the state including the best young talent in South Australia. The carnival is also expected to coincide with the World Cup tour of the region, giving great promotion and coverage to the Pt Augusta region and cricket in particular.
Statewide Carnival.JPG
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who knows what is going to happen with us. Have plenty of performers in the PL so hoping they bring that form back with them ....

On a side note, looks like Prospect have invested wisely with an overseas player again.....he scores a hundred and the rest struggle to match his score!

I reckon adelaide are the dark horses this year. Valente, Neate and Raphael are in good form!
Hopefully Neate brings is radar most weeks and I'm not talking about measuring his speed. Inside the parallel lines please Neateman!

Neate been bowling really quick for Western Grit. Reminds me of young Shaun Tait, can be very wayward, one ball goes for 5 wides, then next nearly knocks blokes head off, gets lots of wickets but can be expensive.

Named in Futures team for game in Tassie next week, reckon if he stays fit could push for Redbacks next year, especially if his rate of improvement keeps going up.

Was talking with a team mate about Neatey just last week has probably closed his chance of first class cricket window by about 4 years as he just trundled in off a few steps. Wasn't until Trent Kelly went to an Adelaide training session last year and told him to step out a proper run up and bend ya back mate! Instantly one of the quickest bowlers in grade cricket. Put Weekes from Port in hospital the next Saturday when he whacked him in the chest.
by heater31
Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup

Cosgrove moves home to help SA win silverware pushing klinger out and forcing a move to WA.

One got dropped after averaging less than 3 in a team that came bottom.

The other scored 96 in a winning grand final
by Coach Bombay
Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA vs My Foot Dr Bulls

westcoastpanther wrote:Sam Raphael
Mark Cosgrove
Travis Head
Tom Cooper
Callum Ferguson
Andrew McDonald
Johan Botha (C)
Tim Ludeman
Adam Zampa
Chadd Sayers
Gary Putland

Joe Mennie

Too Mennie you think?
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

Good to see that we are getting a reasonably comprehensive coverage and updates for the A&EH on their website. Here is a link - http://aehca.sa.cricket.com.au/ - Good to see this level of coverage, as opposed to the tripe in the Courier!

Covering not only the A Grade, but all senior grades as well. I know that one of the A Grade umps did something last year, but it only covered A Grade. To be honest I don't think English was the guy's first language, it was awful to read!
by Stinga
Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Redbacks 2014/15

wristwatcher wrote:Today I watched Ludeman stand at the stumps to our opening bowler. If Worrall is in our best 11 then we have no hope. I haven't been following grade form but There has to be better options surely. :roll:

are you saying they should drop sayers too?
by bennymacca
Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Our B grade who are in C3 done an amazing job keeping the Grange B grade who are div 2 reigning T20 champs to 85.

Getting bowled out for 20 with extras top scoring for 11 and an opener neaely carrying his bat for 4 was a bit rough though lol
by no_remorse28
Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Good concept. More fun than training!!
by Jetters
Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

Not enough chatter on here bout HCA as a follower of the comp, I might follow you A&EH guys and do some weekly predictions for matches,
With the weather looking good finally round 4 matches are as follows; (all one dayers)
SCIB V Stirling- SCIBS favourite in this match, but stirling with young gonzalez can be a tricky opposition and I have heard they have a new bowler who can bowl wheels and is one fiery customers and he could tear through a sometimes brittle SCIBS batting order in order to create an upset. However, with tarque in charge and a quality bowling side it hard to see stirling making enough runs to win against this SCIBS side. SCIBS in a closer game then expected.

Kangarilla V Mt Lofty- Lofty's batting has been really good to start the year, with Sinclair in sensational form and young healey following his captains lead. This in form batting line up comes up against one of the weaker bowling line ups, who rely heavily on Featherstone but they do have martinsen back but it is hard to see lofty not piling on a big score. Kangy's can bat as shown against flagstaff when they were robbed because of the weather, with the Thorpe brothers, Featherstone and martinsen but they will be chasing to big a score to chase down. Lofty to win comfortably.

Happy Valley V Aldgate- Happy's at happy valley is the second least enjoyable trip of the year as you have to play on the horror show that is their wicket (Worst trip is to meadows cos you always know your going out there for a long two weeks). Happy's very rarely lose at home and they have a high quality bowling line up, led by turnbull who is taking wickets for fun. Problem for them is they cant make runs unless middleton does but Aldgate don't have the bowling quality to hurt that unless young clements turns it on. Aldgate will try hard and perform above their talent level and maybe if one of their English lads goes bunter they are a chance but hard to see. Happy Valley easily.

Meadows V Uraidla- Should be a cracker the rematch of last years GF, Uraidla always start of the year slow and work their way in to the year. Uraidla have some quality young bowlers with kepa and gaetan to support brown but against meadows you always feel like they have quality batsman after quality batsman and it is hard to see them making anything less than 150 in their 40 overs. Dyl brown is the key to Uraidla's batting, generally when he fails Uraidla struggle unless rumblelow is playing, meadows are a steady bowling line up that give you nothing but if dyl could work his magic you never know. In saying that cant see meadows losing, there just to good. Meadows reasonably easily.
by batmanbegins
Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Hughes badly injured

Hats off to NSW team doctor, by the sounds of it he did a great job until medics arrived.
by hawks21
Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Redbacks 2014/15

Young Harry Nelson scored 43 not out for the cricket aust invitational Xl today against india. Called up at the last minute and has done well.
by stan
Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like that we're going to have some kids who will lose their virginity before ever playing in a competitive football game
by jo172
Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone invloved at West Torrens care to elaborate on a rumoured internal trial yesterday afternoon? I hope it wasn't compulsory.

Was not compulsory, but only couple did not want to play.

We had our Quiz night last night, so was a lead in to that.

Was an awesome day and great to get all the players together. We rang SACA as did not want to disrespect anyone, and they were fully supportive and thought it was a great idea.

We had a 63 second silence, lined up all the bats and caps, players all in semi circle around the David Hookes Pavilion (quite appropriate). Got some fantastic photos that are being posted on various places.

We played couple of 20/20 games, mixing up players from A thru D Grade by selecting out of hat, had BBQ and few beers. To get everyone together and have a lot of laughs was brilliant.

We thought it was best to have the whole club together, what would everyone have done otherwise, sit around moping all day doing nothing?

Hope you can respect that Heater, there is no right or wrong answer, even a couple of the players who were against it said it was just what everyone needed, and one A Grader who did not want to do it, came along and umpired later and changed his mind, saying he thought it was excellent day.
by Eagles2014
Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At TTG our C/Ds played a trial only because they didn’t play last week, plus we have the bye this week meaning they wouldn’t have played for 4 weeks. Anyone who didn’t want to play didn’t have to.
The A/Bs gathered up the club and had a few beers with some fifa tournies etc
Yesterday was also our annual backyard cricket comp which involves 99% of the senior playing group including our 2 redbacks players. I was absent, but from all reports the blokes certainly paid their respects to Phil including singing happy birthday to him at 4.08pm. (ill post a link to the youtube video they normally make from the day)
by Footy Smart
Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

Unfortunately sometimes it take tragic situations for us to see the best in people, think New York mayor sept 11, female Queensland premier during floods

By no means am I comparing the incidents but more the fact that it has taken such a tragic event to see the strength in Michael Clarke
by whufc
Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A good game at Henley on the weekend. ND declared overnight at 5/362 with Cosgrove making a century. WT bowled out after 95.2 overs for 358 with Kelvin Smith making 154. Looks like a scorecard from the old Salisbury days in the 90's.
by Aerie
Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2014/15

For those not on the Churches Facebook, We had a cracking day 1, Winning by one run.

Ash won the toss and batted on what looked a fairly flat deck. We started 'OK' with Hodo (25) and Dutchy (11) getting us to 40 off 11 overs before losing our first wicket. Steve Neal (26) come in at 3 and looked very good. We then lost 6/32 to take us to 7/72 and seriously looking down the barrel. Ash (6), Smithy (1) and Tyson all fell cheaply. Cuz looked good early for about a dozen??? But It was Hauser (41*) and Uren (25) who put together a 50-60 run stand to allow us to post 171.

At Innings break we thought we were probably 30-40 under par, But also had faith in our bowling group and the didn't let us down. Pidge and Uren opened really well. It's so important to bowl in partnerships and they surely did that having Qld 1/5 after 5. Tyson and Nitta both bowled first change and continued to apply the pressure. Bedge bowled a good spell picking up a couple, With Hauser bowling a couple of overs late. Pidge and Uren finished with 3 each, Bedge 2, Nitta 1 and a run out.

All in all the best I've seen us bowl and field as unit. To defend that total on a pretty flat deck was outstanding.

Westerns tomorrow already looking forward to it.
by carey
Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |