Search found 33 matches

Return

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Extra camera angles, very good
Graphics and HD presentation, very good
Commentary, very poor, little knowledge, too slow, player guessing, little voice excitement. Neil Cross and Michael Maney are missed.
Audio, very poor, like the ABC there seems to be little attention paid to sound effect mikes and overall audio, 6k people in a suburban ground make lots of noise which didn't come across.

Overall, the presentation was superior to that of the ABC with (hopefully) improvement to be made as the season progresses.
by darley16
Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

For a club who rightly voted against this fiasco i would like to see South rest the majority of our best players and play a number of reserves players to get experience against an AFL side and by doing so voice their displeasure against this uneven playing field. Sadly they won't and we'll all see the result of a game between full-time professional footballers against part-time semi professional footballers that will further embarrass the SANFL in allowing this disaster to take place.
by darley16
Tue May 13, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - South v Central @ Hickinbotham (Sat 21/6)

Woodublieve12, we Southies welcome you and your family with open arms, the club is currently offering a great value 3 game membership, go to our web-site for details. The club is in dire need for more members particularly from those who reside down south, so please come along to the games, speak to the club about membership and you can be assured the club is family and community focused.
by darley16
Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17- West v South

This will be a tight game, tighter than most people would think, South haven't won at Richmond Oval for 7 years :shock: and it's these games where South are expected to win which historically are the ones we lose. If South are the "real deal' this will be tested in this game.
by darley16
Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17- West v South

Phew......we won, ugly ugly game. What is happening to our game with umpires who preside over a league game of body contact Australian Rules as if it were Netball, more totally unnecessary 50 metre penalties than in the AFL, no bumping, no spoiling and if a tackle is deemed too rough a free kick followed by a 25 metre penalty. Sad day for our once great sport.

Impressed with the respect shown by both South players and supporters for retiring loyal Westies player Shane Birss, what sport is all about.
by darley16
Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elimination Final - South v Eagles @ AO (Sat N 30/8)

Tough pressure game as expected in finals, thought Eagles tried to suck in some youthful South boys with a bit of push n shove which at times worked in their favour. Great to see plenty of blue and white in the crowd and one of the biggest and loudest South cheer squads seen for some time, well done guys. Felt Sturt should have beaten the Norwood so another toughie coming up. Well done to the South players for their respect shown at the end of the game to retiring Eagles players, that's what sport is about.
by darley16
Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

Very proud of my football club both on and off the field, we have been proven to be morally correct in voting no against AFL reserves and we have lifted our status and respect throughout the SANFL as a well managed, stable club with a group of committed team oriented footballers. We were beaten not the Port Magpies as we once knew them, we played Port Adelaide FC now the Power an AFL club, they must mothball their old striped jumper and wear the teal, this misrepresentation of the truth is fooling no one except maybe themselves. They boost loudly they are one club, one club doesn't have two different colours, known by two different names, wear different jumper designs, have two different club songs, two different club logo's.
by darley16
Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

And to think i only had distrust for Port Power, Crows now sicken me just as much. The never ending greed of the state's 2 AFL clubs who were born from and given their life-blood by the SANFL is sickening in the extreme. Listening to the pathetic insipid John Olson continually say the SANFL purpose is that of a feeder competition to the AFL is an insult to our clubs, the competition and belittles all who compete in the SANFL.
by darley16
Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Surely the AFL can now afford a Reserves Comp

Be careful of what you wish for. AFL reserves comp will drain players from SANFL/VFL/WAFL, our comp (and all State Leagues) ) will left be behind with lesser skilled players and lesser relevance.
by darley16
Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Well done Westies, i found myself cheering as hard for the Bloods as i would the Panthers! Good result for SANFL, the WAFL Grand Final had attendance of 13k, we had over 25k for 2 low support based clubs, glad i went to support our great comp.....and Westies.
by darley16
Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Adelaide Old Nickname

Blueandwhite i've heard the same history about our name as you, i have also heard another version that if people on the Northern bank of the Torrens River had to get the attention of those on Southern Bank they would yell out YEE-OH. Therefore the folk on the South side become known as the Yee-oh's.
by darley16
Thu May 05, 2016 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL teams to stay, clubs to receive $250k this year - Ol

That's the passion i'am talking about Wedgie, good lad. Like you i'am entitled to an opinion and all this site's negativity goes nowhere, how will comments on here stop the future from being so (apparently) bleak? Being outspoken amoungst a small group autonomous site posters is influencing who to change what? It's exactly your passion to support the game and by encouraging your kids to the same that will save the comp, not keyboard warriors and web-site trolls.
by darley16
Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL teams to stay, clubs to receive $250k this year - Ol

If you blokes are so pi$$ed off about the SANFL and its future, close down this site, why bother posting your continual bile, walk away find something else in life to complain about. The comp is different, it is still a good comp with all our historic clubs competing, the players are committed young men playing to a great standard. Go and watch, support your club and maybe the future won't be a bleak as you're all hoping it should be.
by darley16
Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Adelaide AO Sunday 12:10

My club, the definition of a battlers club, the perennial underdog has been robbed of a chance at redemption by 19 AFL Power players in the Prelim Final in 2014 and 21 AFL Crows players in 2016. The frustration is that this can be fixed, restrict the number of AFL players and/or rotations limited to 60 for AFL teams and 90 for SANFL. If this unfair arrangement continues support will continue to drop and clubs will inevitably fold.
Yesterday my enthusiasm, my heart and soul was ripped out not just for my club but also for the SANFL comp, Proud of my club and it's players however if next year nothing changes in regard to the AFL clubs.......i think i am done.
by darley16
Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Sam played some league footy at South in 2015 but left to return to the SFL, now he a Premiership hopefully he returns to South as he is a player who should be playing SANFL footy, particularly at South Adelaide.
by darley16
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch Departs Panthers

Really sad to see Brad leaving the club but the reason is totally understandable. Genuine pressure on Gary Hocking to continue the success that Gotchie bought to club and with the potential loss of Eddy and Irra to AFL and Crossy not yet committed to 2017 it could be even harder. However if Gary Hocking can really coach we will find out soon enough, personally i think he can and will prove a a great asset to SAFC and the SANFL.
by darley16
Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

It is for Matt35 and many others that radio broadcasts are so vital for their continued involvement in our community, particularly in regard to traditional sports broadcasts like the SANFL.
by darley16
Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg/West merger?

Panther Pack given we couldn't get our own home ground at St Marys which was next to our club rooms on South Rd and given all other clubs had been profitable over decades with their own home grounds for gate takings, food and beverage sales etc South struggled financially to keep up as the SACA took all catering for our home games at Adelaide Oval and the SANFL/SACA took half the gate, how we survived is due to a very loyal albeit small supporter base. In the late 1980's the inevitable happened, we were broke. Again due to a very loyal supporter base and blokes like John Reid as coach we survived, the move to Noarlunga for better or worse was at the time a necessity and after nearly 100 years we finally had a home ground to call our own. So endeth the lesson.
by darley16
Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Some supporters Magellan found the change from Gotchie to be too defensive but Buddha was dedicated and did many really good things around the club, the vast majority of players and supporters will miss him. We can't take a trick.
by darley16
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals

Agree StrayDog, Brownie shouldn't play, life long health more important than one game of footy regardless of how important...and this game is important and i'am one nervous Panther.
by darley16
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Excellent finals series and fantastic GF. Take the AFL reserves terms out of the finals and the results speak for themselves and the supporters turn up. The SANFL have a window of opportunity to start preparing next year with a strong media marketing campaign to promote the competition on the back of a highly published, widely viewed and highly regarded GF.
Noted the WAFL had 25k spectators to their GF, if the AFL don't destroy the comp by introducing mid season drafts now is the time to spend big time on promotion of the SANFL.
by darley16
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 AFL mid season draft

Don't just sit there typing concerns on this site, DO SOMETHING! Today i emailed my club and advised them with great sadness my financial support has been withdrawn, it's not the fault of my club or the SANFL however this greed of the AFL destroys the last vestige of integrity and relevance for our 140+ year competition. Contact your club, let your club know your thoughts, at least put up some sort of fight!!
by darley16
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

The club did release the confirmation regarding Keegan Brooksby return in an email to Kingstonian Members last week therefore my rejoicing, however i do agree you would think the club would be broadcasting this more broadly.
by darley16
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Broadbent and Brooksby confirmed by the club have signed with South and will be announced this afternoon. Ben Warren returning to the club as assistant coach together with Chad Simmons from Sturt. List looking goo for the Panthers now just waiting on the AFL mid season, pre-season draft to destroy all the clubs good work, just like last year.
by darley16
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have nothing against the club this is not of their doing, they and all the SANFL clubs are victims of AFL greed. I just can't see the point of supporting a competition that is now so compromised, keeping in mind the AFL can continue to cherry pick players up intil mid-season. The entire competition has lost credibility, like last year my club was really well placed to play finals, had recruited well, lost 3 players, 2 at the start of the season and 1 throughout the year and therfore did'nt play finals, no fault of theirs (and received no compensation!). The same scenerio now this year, therefore there no point in continued support for a sporting competition that is purely at the mercy of another.
by darley16
Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vale Mark Naley

When we talk of champion footballers many gain this title as somewhat poetic licence, then there are those that truely deserve the title, Mark Naley was a Champion footballer in ever true sense of the word. "Nails" joins his other Panther great John Schneebichler who passed away only last month. Both too young. Mark Naley will be greatly missed by many particularly at the South Adelaide Football Club.
by darley16
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Coach signs on for another 2 years

Jarrod Wright has re-signed for South for another 2 years, a very good appiontment and continued stablity at the club whichcontinues to go from strength to strength....at last.
by darley16
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 80s/90s SANFL games on youtube

Good stuff, i've been watching these games on youtube for sometime as it reminds me of how much i loved the game then and how little i love the game now.
by darley16
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

On better news superstar Joel Cross has re-signed for another year with the Panthers. Talk about loyalty this champion has it in bucket loads. Truely great player in the post-AFL era of the SANFL and one of the best blokes. Legend!
by darley16
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Confirmed by the club, trainig with St Kilda with them to make up their minds to draft him over the nest 2 weeks. This just makes me weep for both my club who for the 3rd time loses a ruckman to this rediculous draft and for the SANFL compitition.
by darley16
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

As posted by DOC all South supporters and indeed all you lovers of the SANFL go to youtube to watch "SAFC Media Presentation of Behind the Game", this is an extraordinary insight into the club that would not only apply to South but all SANFL clubs. Its production quality is wonderful and exposes the professionalism that goes into an SANFL club. Brilliant to watch well done SAFC.
by darley16
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R19 South v West Sat 2.10

Joel Cross best South player since Mark Naley. Joel Cross and Nick Liddle the best two interstate recruits at the same time ever!
The Panthers had better win tomorrow, the number of times in recent yars that this scenerio of must win the last game and depending on other results we fall out of the five in the last game after being the top five for most of the year is what makes South supporters alchohlics.
by darley16
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ROUND 6 POWER VS SOUTH ALBERTON OVAL SUN 14TH MAY 2:10PM

Given the disrespectful and disgraceful AFL mid season draft had me losing my participation and attendance in SANFL games a number of years ago as it makes a mockery of our great comp and our clubs i still watch the mighty Panthers from afar. Therefore my question is to those Southies who are close to the club (eg DOC) what is going wrong? Coach lost the players, lack of team unity, not fit enough, all of these factors? What the hell is going on??
by darley16
Mon May 15, 2023 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |