Search found 232 matches

Return

Re: South 2014

Purchased my three game membership this week. The office lady said she had a few non south supporters sign up this week.
by sjt
Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South vs West Round 1

Hey Guys,

As promised (as a result of your Club's NO Vote) - just purchased my 3 Game Membership of SAFC for 2014 :D
Also signed up my Daughter for 'Cub' Membership.

Will be attending BOTH Cows Reserves games @ Noarlunga & hope to see Southee & the rest of you in the bar before these games :D - come & say Hi.
Go You Panthers ;)
by LPH
Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South V West Post Game

With Birss, Hartlett, Fielke, Hill, Still, Green, Webb and Bricknell all to come back soon all is not lost.
South fans in the stands thought they won the Grand Final.
All is not lost yet at Westies.

Not this shit again

South won, there fans got very excited (who could blame them after all these years) and celebrated what would have been a very enjoyable night for them.

If you don't like seeing people over joyed don't go to the footy.

Well done south and their fans
by whufc
Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

He should be out for as long as Symes is out .... which could be for life !
by SDK
Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - North v South Post Game

South looking the goods, setting up for a huge Integrity Cup in a couple of weeks time.

What was North's problem today, attitude, skill, desire, outclassed or was this just a one off stinker.

South just looked much better.
Looked great at the stoppages and found players a lot more often than North did.
South look very classy.
And a bit of the karma bus, never that disappointing to see South or Central win games against clubs that were traitors to the SANFL.

South crowd today made much more noise than any Crows supporters at Prospect last week.

Big game for North coming up at Richmond on Easter Thursday, North have a lot of short breaks between games but dropping early games can be very damaging in an 18 round comp when 2 of those rounds are just percentage boosters against the Crows.

Well done South! As a paid up member for South I can celebrate and commiserate tonight!
Ironic that the first year I'm a South member is the first year I moved from down South to live at Prospect. :lol:
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Post Match - South v Glenelg (Good Friday Footy)

stampy wrote:free kicks 28/27 souths way, tackles 31/48 glenelg, inside 50s 47/44, total disposals 343/224, yes they had a heap more but it might have something to do with their lousy flooding tactics

They flooded and still kicked 17.14??
Hate to see the score if South actually attacked then :?
by Red Rocket
Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham (Sun 4/5)

Hhhmmmm an Eagles supporter telling others to look after your own backyard!!

Is this the reason why you merged because your "Backyard" was in such great order??? Or was it because you were a Basketcase????

Our backyard is just fine but thanks for asking. We've won 3 premierships in the past 23 years including 2 in the past 8 years. When did you win your last premiership.

thanks for asking...obviously new to this league are you..? it was 1964- 50 years ago.
Coincidently that was the same year that half of your now merged team came into the league. Simply one of the worst decisions the SANFL ever made putting yet another team into the Western suburbs. Of course, it all eventually ended in tears when the going got a little tough for you and you jumped into bed with your next door neighbour. South were 5 minutes from folding in 89, but despite the fact that we were broke, and yes grossly unsuccessful, here we are still going 25 years later, still existing in our own right. :D
by blueandwhite
Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Adelaide - more adaptable to change than a virus

I reckon a Port Reserves v South Adelaide Grand Final would be fantastic. :D

South being most people's "2nd Team" (ala Woodville in '86) & one of the "No Voters" would draw many 'neutrals' to Adelaide Oval, wouldn't they?
PAP Reserves would also get plenty.

We could see 40K @ the GF again & standing room @ the footy on the Hill.
by LPH
Thu May 01, 2014 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Adelaide - more adaptable to change than a virus

Surely whoever won the flag in 91 was the most adaptable. ;)

But having said that I am a South member too. Go Panthers! :D
by Wedgie
Thu May 01, 2014 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

Even though we playing well, I can't help feeling like when I was going to games in 1988 during our losing streak and I knew we going to lose and lose badly. I am confident that South 2014 will fight to the end and no matter what happens I will stay and support the guys until the final siren. One advantage is our coach knows the Port AFL players better than the other coaches.
by Fluffbag
Tue May 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - South v Adelaide @ Hickinbotham (Sun 25/5)

Curtain Raiser is SFL U/21s v Kangroo Island U/21s.

Panthers to win.
LPH to be evicted.
by LPH
Tue May 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - South v Crows Reserves - Post match

There was more people there than I was expecting.

Definitely a strange one today. Had a bit of a trial game feel to it. And particularly in that first quarter - 70 kicks to 34 and 40 marks to 9 - we had a lot of it in the back half and stuffed around with it, which went totally against the way we've been playing most of the year. After Eddy's goal around the 10-minute mark of the second term to push the margin out to 19, it was starting to look alright. There was a definite sense of complacency though and to give up 13 of the next 14 goals was a goddamn shambles. No one took responsibility in that third quarter. Ellis-Yolmen, Crouch, Reilly and Callinan were everywhere the ball was just to name a few, and too often the Crows won the ball out of the centre very easily. They definitely love those big grounds, pushing it wide a lot. Last quarter effort by us was bittersweet - good to not give up, but how the hell can we play so well for a quarter after playing absolutely atrociously and without heart in the previous 30 minutes?

Thompson was good on Eddy. Thought the efforts of Rose, Gotch and Liddle (despite a couple of crap turnovers) were largely good. Gotch seemed to injure his leg (or got corked?) in the last, and his relatively simple kick for goal minutes later from 35 out failed to make the distance. Thewlis and Fields racked up big numbers and were good, but stuffed around with it too much across the half back line at times, but they were certainly in good company.

Just one of those that got away.
by scott
Sun May 25, 2014 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - South v North @ Hickinbotham (Sat 5/7)

Very important game for South.

Win - still in touch with Double Chance but more importantly get some breathing space between them & 5th.
Lose - Drop back to the teams fighting for 5th spot & may well be no way back.

Reluctant to go because I haven't seen them win a game LIVE yet - bad omen?
Surely the South Players won't allow another insipid performance like the 3rd 1/4 of the Cows Reserves Game to materialise, will they?

North by 4 goals.

Yeah I was in the same boat , so I made myself get off the couch and go to Glenelg a few weeks back just to prove to myself it wasn't me.

The other 4 games I have gone to are Crows , Centrals and Eagles at Noarlunga and Sturt at Unley.

Maybe we should contact the club and ask for a ransom not to go this weekend.
by The Panther
Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unavailable this weekend due to a photographic job so no doubt we'll put in a good game and someone will take mark of the year...
by Scoop
Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South by 19. Good for the competitionif South win. :lol:
by The Panther
Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As someone who sees the Panthers play every week, I thought that Saturday was our best performance for the year. Granted I didnt think the opposition were on their game;but I thought the pressure that we applied and the way we used the ball when going forward was excellent.
Realistically I think South will make the five with 9+ wins,and the five will probably remain as it is atm.
However I see us being more than competitive in every game we play and that includes games against the Eagles, Norwood and Port and Sturt. We defeated Norwood earlier in the year, should have beaten the Eagles, and had a day off against Port who probably fielded their strongest side of the year, containing 17 AFL listed players. Make no mistake I think port now hampered by injuries have come back to the field a bit. The game against Sturt which we narrowly lost went down to the wire, and we had a few out injured that day..
South still have to get Caleb Daniel and Daniel Bass back into the side too...I think the Panther supporters who have endured so much misery for years, have some reason to be optimistic in the coming weeks. 8)
by blueandwhite
Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL invitees to AFL Draft Combine

The national champ SA 2014 U/18 team was definitely a champion team rather than a team of champions. 28 Vic Metro and 16 Vic Country players invited to draft combine, while it's a maximum of 12 South Aussies who played in the U/18 champs. Out of the above list, Bampton was injured and so missed the champs, with Glenn & Eddy obviously being over-aged.

Great to see that a number of clubs are seriously considering Caleb Daniel. It might just be that simply being a really good football player, rather than merely being 200cm and able to run 100 metres in less than 11 seconds, is still enough to get you an AFL career.
by SimonH
Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 15 - South v Port, Hickinbotham Oval, 2.10pm

Would have thought the guernsey they used for the photo would be #64 not #62, just doesn't look right

Guernsey 64 was auctioned off at todays Presidents Lunch.

It was signed by players of that fabulous Grand Final win that attended today, 15 in all.

Raised $1175.00

That's a great effort!

personally... I loved the guernsey...particularly with the insignia far more prominent, rather than an afterthought.
by blueandwhite
Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 15 - South v Port, Hickinbotham Oval, 2.10pm

Agreed, the white around the arms and neck looked great too
by RustyCage
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Rezoning

Back to South where it belongs .
by Bounce of the ball
Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA COMMUNITY FOOTBALL BOARD ELECTED

And what does this board do, let alone , achieve?
by DOC
Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg's Ty Allen to Retire

A true SANFL player and one worthy of respect.
He, the Gowans boys, Sheedy, Cicca and Zorzi could all sit around and talk about their no-holds-barred battles and have each others' respect, I suspect.
Good luck with the retirement.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elimination Final - South v Eagles @ AO (Sat N 30/8)

After the demise of the Doggies I'm now on the South bandwagon for season 2014.
by fish
Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals Predictions.

Norwood def Sturt
South def Eagles

Norwood def Port
South def Sturt

South def Port

South def Norwood

Justice will prevail
by daysofourlives
Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals Predictions.

Rising Power wrote:I don't think anyone would be disappointed if South won it this year. Anyone apart from West supporters that is.

I'd be disappointed if South won and we didn't. However; if another team was to win instead of Norwood, I'd rather it be the Panthers.
by leggies
Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We Need You South

On behalf of the entire SANFL community we need you South. We need you to keep the AFL out of our sacred and historic Grand Final.
The Norwood Football Club did their job tonight so PLEASE South finish them off next week.
We will all be on your side and I believe many Norwood supporters, in fact many, many neutral supporters will be at the game cheering for you.
All of us are Panther supporters for a week.
by SDK
Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We Need You South

heater31 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Might even go next week, have to dig my Panthers hat and stubby holder out of my draws.

Go the 'Thers!

Hearing the Panthers have ordered an extra trailer for the bandwagon so get on board now folks.... ;)

Bloody bandwagonners, unlike me who has been a member all year! :)
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We Need You South

I'll jump on the bandwagon with one proviso. I want to hear the Yee-Oh chant that reverberated around Adelaide Oval in 1964. As a 9 year old I never understood what it meant but it certainly was spine-tingling. Can any other old timers tell me why South supporters used to chant it?

Also if it is a Norwood vs South Grand Final will it be the first time these two teams have clashed in a Grand Final since 1899? Given that they are two of the three oldest clubs in the league that is remarkable.

Yes the the Yee-oh chant is still used by a few panther tragics- mainly by the more senior members and supporters. Im unsure but I was once told that the "Ye-ohs" refers to South being called "Ye Old Freshwaters" back in the 1870s/80's and 90's. They were called the freshwaters because the River Torrens was then the source of fresh water for the colony back then, and it was central to South Adelaides original district.

Yes, Im pretty sure that if South do make the GF v Norwood it would be the first time the 2 sides have met in the GF since 1899. South won 6 flags and were runners up twice in the 1890s.

Norwood and South are in fact the 2 oldest existing clubs in the SANFL. The Port Adelaide Football ceased to exist a few years ago when they merged in the "One club" deal with the Port Adelaide AFL football club. Port Adelaide are no longer a member club of the SANFL.They now have a reserves side in the SANFL under license from the SA Football commission.
by blueandwhite
Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

Norwood v South even better for the comp
by CUTTERMAN
Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: adelaide oval SANFL experiance

If South are playing in the GF I'd consider going otherwise couldn't care.
by CUTTERMAN
Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

absolutely gutted...

yes we've come a long way in 12 months but to get so close and miss out is ... well its gutwrenching.

to any Port supporter who gets a a buzz out of watching your AFL reserves side , (who were saved from insolvency 3 yrs ago by the sanfl with yet another financial handout } scrape over the line against a team of battlers... Go and F--k yourselves :evil:
by blueandwhite
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bad Luck SAFC ... a fine season, the Club's best (ironically) since the BIGGEST overhaul in SA Football - the advent of an AFL Team in 1991.

Personally, having supported this ORIGINAL SANFL (& SAFA) Football Club this year, I feel for the existing & long suffering supporters that have done so, long before I (& others) came to your Club. You should be very proud of your Club, its Players & its Coaching Staff.
To fall at the 'final hurdle', to a team full of Professionals is a bitter blow but you should be optimistic for 2015 & beyond.
Ultimately, (again, somewhat ironically) losing the 2 games to the 'other bunch of Professionals' probably cost you the Double Chance & quite possibly a shot @ the Flag next week.

You can stand tall, however, as your Club has been Principled, Valiant & more than Competitive throughout 2014.
by LPH
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm absolutely shattered, gutted, in mourning...and I'm not a South supporter!
by The Apostle
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To all those who got behind the Panthers efforts the last three weeks, I thank you for the support it was welcomed.

Thats it for me for 2014, I wont have to be bothered reading all the bullshit from the Alberton mob anymore this year.

Give 'em heaps Norwood and bury them.
by prowling panther
Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The rise of South (and Sturt) is the highlight of 2014. Great work from both clubs. Great work also from RPH commentators in their post-game conclusions yesterday. The kind of straight-talking that only an independent media can provide - long live community radio.
by Brendan M
Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very proud of my football club both on and off the field, we have been proven to be morally correct in voting no against AFL reserves and we have lifted our status and respect throughout the SANFL as a well managed, stable club with a group of committed team oriented footballers. We were beaten not the Port Magpies as we once knew them, we played Port Adelaide FC now the Power an AFL club, they must mothball their old striped jumper and wear the teal, this misrepresentation of the truth is fooling no one except maybe themselves. They boost loudly they are one club, one club doesn't have two different colours, known by two different names, wear different jumper designs, have two different club songs, two different club logo's.

Your spot on darley, your team can hold their heads up with pride, although the 3rd qtr cost them the game, to go down to a team that boasted 19 AFL listed players is nothing to be ashamed of, that young side will benefit & learn alot from that which should hold them in good stead for years to come.
by NO-MERCY
Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

saintal wrote:Very disappointing to hear about Hourigan.

Hopefully he can get his body right and come back to Noarlunga in 2016.

Sounds like Thewlis is more than likely go around again next year.
by Keefy
Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our best recruit in some time, stuck it out when other rats deserted. Quality player and great leader on field. Wish him all the best, one of my favourites bows out... :(
by westcoastpanther
Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big loss for the Panthers. Quality bloke, highly skilled and a great onfield general. All the best to him.
by JK
Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Adelaide Football Club welcomes Ben Haren from Port Adelaide Magpies to the Club for the 2015 season.

At 197cm and 95kg Ben is a key position player that can play at either end of the ground. The 21 year old has played 14 SANFL League matches with Port Adelaide including 13 in 2014. He was previously selected onto the Sydney Swans Rookie List in 2011
by saintal
Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

I don't want to give up and then we finally win, they going to pry my panthers membership from my cold, dead hands
by Fluffbag
Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep. Will renew my membership again...on the basis that my support for my club's players overcomes my frustrations with my club's administration and it's particular role in the yes vote.

And at this stage I expect I will renew my Panthers membership from last year.
by Douglas Mawson
Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't want to give up and then we finally win, they going to pry my panthers membership from my cold, dead hands

I am like you fluffbag, followed the Panthers when they were the Yeoows for the last 62 years, Dad bought me my first South membership for my 14th birthday, continued ever since. I have no intention of not being a member when we win our next premiership and I intend to live for another 25 years.
by prowling panther
Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No sure if I'll go to any games - interest has certainly waned significantly. :(

But I will renew my SAFC Membership - they deserve my financial support if not my verbal :)
by LPH
Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am like you fluffbag, followed the Panthers when they were the Yeoows for the last 62 years, Dad bought me my first South membership for my 14th birthday, continued ever since. I have no intention of not being a member when we win our next premiership and I intend to live for another 25 years.
If resilience and dedication were water, you and other South people would fill a few Olympic pools. Hats off to you.
by StrayDog
Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

...from my cold ,dead hand....also :evil: :twisted:
by blueandwhite
Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I fear the rookie draft more than the main draft because it totally wastes a player from the SANFL club.
Any one taken in the main draft I am happy for but the rookie draft .......... :(
by SDK
Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Schedule

So South have lost Good Friday to the Bays. Thanks a ******* lot.....we were the ones who took it on, shit like this pisses me
by westcoastpanther
Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |