Search found 42 matches

Return

Re: Things that make you sad.

anyone playing for the Bombers. Just wrong.
by prowling panther
Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Fixture (released 31/10) - predictions/discussion..

woodublieve12 wrote:
tigerhutch wrote:I think it will be the Bombers vs Swans

swans are unable to participate in that match cause we have done nothing wrong...

swans vs gws rnd 1...

You still hold the record for the biggest salary cap cheating in the AFL's history, does that count?
by Jim05
Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Being a Demons fan ...

well, i thought it was funny
by Mr Beefy
Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lou Reed passes on

Pyne is a ******* irrelevant moron.
by Q.
Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The Boston Red Sox.
by Spargo
Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Biggest bunch of whingers ITT

The world will not implode when the crows reserves come in.

Similarly, Adelaide Crowval is pretty cringeworthy but it's just a bit of marketing fun they picked up from twitter, they aren't about to go around and call it that in every press conference.

I think once next season gets underway people will wonder what all the fuss was about
by bennymacca
Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott Watch

i recently went abbott watching in canberra... here's one of my snaps. i think it's a beauty and its great to see him in his natural habitat with his liberal mates

by woodublieve12
Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Every time i see PYNE on t.v i feel like smashing it....he's an annoying little shit and im amazed his nose is still straight.
Him and Abbott are on a par as the most hated blokes in Australia at the moment.
by tigerpie
Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Is Lucas Neil the biggest sook in Australia sport at the moment?

He is, but's let us not forget just how precious professional athletes are.

Poor souls, all that money to stay super fit and do what they love, travel the world, barely put their hand in their pocket for anything, ever and then on top of that they have to tolerate being "booed" from time to time. Not because the public want to "boo" them as such, but there's no chance of scaling the ivory tour to actually speak to them so "booing" from the terraces is the only way the public can voice displeasure at comments they have made during those ever so tiresome 15 minute pressers.

Oh how my heart ******* bleeds.
by Booney
Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"The adults are in charge" :rolleyes: :^o [-X
by shoe boy
Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mandela was another level. and especially when you look at the last instances of the flag at half mast, and they were for mostly former state ministers, it seems a small but significant gesture that should have been made
by bennymacca
Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

How well Weatherill or Marshall define a plan for the future of this state following the Holden announcement, will decide this election.
Forget all of the political discussions (not that small target Marshall has said much) of this week - that's pure theatre.

What comes next? These guys need to announce a plan and work towards it. Whoever is most convincing in that argument will win the election for their party.

I would just really, really like to see a plan that is going to keep my community, as well as this state, on its feet; not political meandering.

Both parties have known for years Holden was on the way out but neither have made any plans for that future. It's time to do that and prove that being in politics is not just about idealogical debate, but providing leadership and hope to those who have elected you.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Supporters that live in the state of SA but whinge about the amount of media coverage around the crows and power.
What do you expect...
by Ron Burgundy
Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nope, nothing new here:

Presser from Libs

Marshall talks SA’s economy in Canberra

State Liberal Leader Steven Marshall has today met with Prime Minister Tony Abbott in Canberra to talk about putting South Australia’s economy back on track.
Mr Marshall also met with Deputy Liberal Leader and Foreign Affairs Minister, Julie Bishop, Federal Defence Minister, David Johnston, and Federal Industry Minister, Ian Macfarlane.
Yesterday’s announcement that Holden will cease manufacturing at its Elizabeth Plant by the end of 2017 is a devastating blow for South Australia.
After 12 years of State Labor Government, South Australia has lost Mitsubishi and it has now lost Holden.
“What South Australians need now is an economic plan to put our State’s economy back on track,” said Mr Marshall.
“Instead, all Premier Weatherill wants to do is play the blame game – it’s time Mr Weatherill stops playing politics and starts talking solutions.
“I have already committed to introducing no new taxes and levies if elected to Government next year.
“I have also committed to cutting payroll tax, to ease cost pressures for South Australian businesses.
“On the other hand, Mr Weatherill already has plans to introduce a new tax – a toxic car park tax.
“The State Liberals understand businesses are doing it tough and that South Australia is in the midst of a dangerous jobs crisis.
“Today’s unemployment data revealed South Australia’s unemployment rate increased to 6.8 per cent in November – SA has now lost 27,000 jobs since the June Budget.
“We need to be doing everything we can to be encouraging businesses to grow and employ South Australians.
“South Australians deserve a Government with better priorities to get our State back on track.”

Why do pollies still maintain the "I've already committed to ******* ******* when I get in office", when we all know they are full of shit and unlikely to stick to that committment.
by Booney
Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

oh, so speculation and uninformed opinion, got it.
by bennymacca
Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

100th VC was awarded yesterday and I don't question why but? The soldiers in the trenches in ww1 who stood up and inch by inch marched through enemy fire surely everyone of them should of received a VC.
by shoe boy
Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Ask Stephen Rowe.

Stephan Rowe is by far the biggest D**khead associated with any football media Australia wide! I heard him banging on about how unlucky Adelaide are with injuries, Look no one wants injuries to any player from any side but hey they happen would you rather it be VB and Henderson or say Dangerfield and Walker?

My point is for every negative there will be a positive. Not to mention no VB maybe frees up a spot for Matt Crouch no Henderson means Hardigan gets more exposure and I think Crouch and Hardigan will eventually be better players than VB and Henderson.
by carey
Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Freedom of speech? ... Or a serial pest?

None of those conservatives will switch sides even if they vote to do the right thing. The fact they tony Abbott is effectively looking her sister in the eye and saying fk you I am better than you is deplorable

I'm glad everything in life is so simple for you, your values never get challenged?

I daresay that Abbott is questioning his views on this issue, given what his sister has confirmed. Whether he changes his stance on the issue remains to be seen.
I think it's bulldust to pretend that it's goodies on one side, baddies on the other, regarding attitudes to gay marriage. Barely twenty years ago the idea was a joke, it wasn't spoken of in the 50's, 60's etc. Are we better Australians than the generations that grew up in those era's? I highly doubt it, but a large body of people seem to think, with a fair degree of moral vanity, that the fashionable, 2014 version is all so superior, and if you dare worry about the traditional family unit your some kind of dinosaur, or far worse. Sometimes, decent people exist on both sides of a debate, believe it or not.
by Ronnie
Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: King Andrew Demetriou

i think he is a massive douche, but i think overall you have to say his tenure has been good for the game. it has been cleaned up a lot with regard to head high contact and concussions etc, two new teams have been introduced which at this very early stage looks to be successful, there was a $1 billion TV deal, and crowds and TV ratings are all up.

where he let himself and the AFL down very very badly was in the handling of the various scandals that have happened, melbourne tanking, adelaide salary cap, essendon drug scandal. all of those seem to have been handled very poorly, and that i think is why it is time for him to go
by bennymacca
Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Freedom of speech? ... Or a serial pest?

My question to you is, how does two other people's marriage affect yours? Why the hell should you care about them?

If you cared about family values why have a different stance about divorce?

Sorry I don't accept that it is anything but homophobic. Can't see any other reason.
by bennymacca
Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demetriou to stand down after 2014 season

Nobody is saying the COLA assures you anything, but a side that can win a GF then recruit (potentially) the two highest paid key forwards in the comp to long term deals seems slightly jilted, does it not?
by Booney
Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Don't understand how people can say they miss their rego coz there's no sticker. Does that mean they let their licenses expire too because they dont have a sticker telling them to renew it?

People should take responsibility for their own obligations, and stop whinging just because they aren't being babied through adulthood.
by HH3
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Whoever it was that came up with the idea, I can't thank them enough. :lol:

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-03-04/2014-chants-hour

That right folks, let's get together and practice our chanting!! For instance, when our team kicks a goal - Clap and cheer! It's as easy and 1,2 Patty D.
Right, let's rehearse one......Big Tay Tay kicks it to J-Pod, little Eddie roves and kicks the football through the big white sticks ( they're goal posts )......*CLAP NOW*
Excellent, excellent. Well done everyone.

The club that just keeps on giving.... :lol:
by Booney
Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

on another issue, i caught part of channel 10 coverage, and i think i can say this SA FOOTYs favourite pollie, Tommy K, was on.

now i am predominantly a labor supporter, but he is embarrassing. I can acknowledge good pollies from other sides and the way that Alexander Downer handled him was sensational. Downer didnt get involved in any slanging match.
by mighty_tiger_79
Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Libs have never been good at economics it's called a mortgage. Everyone understands you pay off your debt (mortgage) over time.

This bullshit about 'we're going to have the budget back in surplus by year x' is rubbish, both sides say that crap because it appeals to a few idiots so good luck to them.
by Gozu
Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Libs have never been good at economics it's called a mortgage. Everyone understands you pay off your debt (mortgage) over time.

This bullshit about 'we're going to have the budget back in surplus by year x' is rubbish, both sides say that crap because it appeals to a few idiots so good luck to them.

Those idiots understand basic economics. For example: Everyone understands you pay off your debt (mortgage) over time. Yes, but these people are compounding the interest and borrowing more to make the repayments. They have NO plan, in any form, to repay the debt.
Plus, you cannot sustain an economy where you are borrowing money to pay your day to day services.
Debt is OK to pay for infrastructure where you service the debt or end up earning revenue to service, and eventually repay, the debt.
This mob relied on forecasts to justify their future expenses and, as we have found out, was based on a falsehood, same as the procurement savings.
Herein lies the problem with people swallowing the Labor crap that we can keep spending and not worry about repaying the debt. It's someone else's problem and shouldn't have to ensure some pain now. Absolute typical Labor economic doctrine. Spend it all and let someone else do the hard years and clean our mess up. Problem is, they cant keep blaming the GFC like they have been doing for years.

Predictions for the next 4 years:
1. The budget deficit will only get worse and they will never get it back to surplus
2. The debt will increase exponentially (it has already increased since the last admission but Labor have hidden it)
3. Higher public service numbers, because they have to bow to the union demands, costing more money and running up an even bigger deficit and debt.
4. Workcover will not be fixed. According to Weatherill and Rau, they are going to cut the unfunded liability of $1.4b with a stroke of a pen in 2015 so let's see what happens in real life now the unions can re-open hostilities with the government. Foley tried to reform it but had to accede to the unions who threatened to lynch him (literally).

But, the stupid people of SA have fallen for the biggest con job again and they will get what they deserve.

Prediction number 5. Jimmy to continue whinging about everything labor does until he self implodes.
by Roxy the Rat Girl
Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The financial fear mongering by the liberals has reached dizzying heights in the last few years. IMO the biggest negative to the economy is the right wing politicians, media and commentators constantly talking it down. This serves no positive purpose for business or the community, but rather highlights the vested interest of a few who stand to gain from such fear mongering. The Libs might consider renaming themselves the Henny Penny Party!
by Roxy the Rat Girl
Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: Very good, Roxy I've been waiting years for it to happen with no success ;)

I predict Jimmy will at some point compare SA's economy to Greece for the third consecutive term.
by Gozu
Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2014 - League discussion

Am I the only person in the country that isn't fussed if there is a ball up when a contest becomes a stale mate, rather than a miscellaneous free kick just to keep the game moving.

Most definitely not mate.

I like the game to move, but if there is a genuine 1 on 1, such as Boak v Simpson, and it ends the way this particular contest did, then ball it up imo.
by valleys07
Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

James Hird - his arrogance knows no bounds.
He has no humility, no class and no respect.
by Spargo
Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

He is a Rhodes scholar too. Shows that even smart people can be stupid
by bennymacca
Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The AFL contacting the four clubs that are playing Essendon the remainder of the season, requesting players don't sledge them re drugs/injections etc
You know, all the things they DID DO.
Yeah, have to agree. Sledging is great and it should be open slather. Think the AFL is getting a bit precious

We can all thank Adam Goodes for that
Apparently global warming is his fault too. :roll:
by cracka
Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Union proud now and forever.
Me too comrade :lol:
by Chuck Wepner
Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I had some old guy beep me to go through a red light......pleeeeez

plus now with new job driving in morning traffic....I ******* hate it

You leave a little gap and bang its ******* gone by someone cutting in

we have the worst drivers
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

tigerhutch wrote:Well it is true there are too many Melbourne clubs ..... It's not rocket science ..... But don't worry it's not going to change for a very long time..

Wont change at all. Port knew what they were signing up for when they entered the comp, will always be an expanded VFL
by Jim05
Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 - Glenelg v Port Magpies

Bays are spanking the Maggies in the magoos.

13.11 - 4.2

Not the best quarter of footy I have seen. They are quick but the skills leave a little to be desired.

Great night for it.
by wristwatcher
Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I stubbed my toe this morning.

My first thought was "screw you Adam Goodes, this is your fault"
by Footy Chick
Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Round 17b

Hang in there Bays
by tkr
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Israel/Hamas Conflict

I don't quote from any bible!
I would rather spend my time reading cartoons as they are more believable
by shoe boy
Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: USA-South Korea / North Korea Conflict

Bully wrote:yes the speakers are there and then the north did the same with speakers on their side

No wonder they're crazy ****, 24hrs of Gangam Style on repeat would mess with anyone
by JK
Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

Loyalty goes both ways so why not i say
by Mr Beefy
Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |