Miss Miranda Kerr
by David Brent
Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Discussion

Mummy- Sauce
Hanley- B Smith

Banking on the crows easier run over next few weeks for these lads to rack the points up
by David Brent
Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

started watching orange is the new black on the weekend. it is really good actually. quite different.

unexpected lesbian action too, which can either be interpreted as an added interest to the show, or a shameless and or sad way of titillating male audiences into watching what is largely a female cast.

either way it has me watching, so make of that what you will.

if you like quirky humour you will love this.

Great show, nearly finished season 2
by David Brent
Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

See a Barmera player has been reported for striking but didn't get a card of either colour. Surely if a player is reported its worth a yellow at least & if it wasnt worthy of a yellow surely its not a reportable incident??
by David Brent
Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: All Australian Team to be announced tonight (16/9/14)

Love that Priddas despite winning the brownlow will be inelagable to represent Australia in the up coming Internation Rules series as he has never been an All Australian, comical
by David Brent
Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Leroy wrote:
David Brent wrote:
Leroy wrote:Rumours on Chris Flavel from Kadina moving due to a big money offer.. any truth to this?

Have heard this, a Div 5 Ammos team circling...

Multiple clubs interested in his signature.. bidding war?

Couple of pies being the sign on bonus!
by David Brent
Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakis v Aussies

Sorry CB, was questioning DB. He said he agrees with you, but then says Warner is going to be very solid.
I reckon there's a difference between being very solid and one of the greats - there's a rung or two difference.

As an example:

Steve Waugh, one of the greats.
Damien Martyn, very solid.

Maybe that's just me being semantic ;)

Very solid but not quite a great, I was more agreeing that he has become such a dominant player of late.
No reason he wont surpass Langer who I also have in the solid category. I could see him with around 20 test tons by the time he is finished, thus making him very solid.
by David Brent
Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

200 Killer Wasps wrote:Better news from East Murray's AGM.

What they have 2 confirmed netball teams in?
by David Brent
Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v Vic Nov 16-19

The Redbacks are worse than Sam Stosur at consistantly letting us down, bugger me what a disgrace
by David Brent
Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

bennymacca wrote:Yeah I agree, but most projections I have seen have him going around 5

Ive read that he will be the big slider of the draft & may end up out of the top 10. I think Crows would still go Durdin if both were avaliable.
by David Brent
Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

bennymacca wrote:Do SA and NSW play for any sort of trophy?

I reckon a Phil Hughes trophy in the same vein as the David hookes one would be appropriate.

Yep agreed.
Also naming the Domestic Player of the year award after him would be fitting also. The one they give out on AB Medal Night
by David Brent
Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Summer of Tennis

I think having 5 or 6 players in the top 100 currently is a great effort for Australia. Not many other countries have this bar the dominant clay court countires like the French, Argentine's & Spanish.

The two K's & Tomic will all be consistent top 50 players for years to come I feel with Kyrios being the only one I can see being consistantly around the mark of the top 10 & pushing for Grand Slam success at this stage.
by David Brent
Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:Did anyone get a score from Ramco v Berri B grade game? Apparently the standard would have rivalled Cartlon in it's current form.

Was perfect weather for footy that was about the only winner on the day for the crowd...
by David Brent
Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kane Cornes' book

Roo copping a lashing over his article in the Tiser, suggesting Kane was pushed or selfish:
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/mark-ricciuto-kane-cornes-is-either-selfish-or-being-pushed-by-port-adelaide/story-fnp04d71-1227353774138

It's natural for people to be defensive of Kane, a great player, club legend etc. But Roo has been there, done that. The premiership window is open. Kane signed on for one more year, one more crack at one more flag. It's hard to believe Kane wouldn't want to be part of that success and with every possible chance they could achieve that feat, it does seem strange for him to pull the pin, regardless of any job offer on the cards. Selfish is not a word you would associate with Kane Cornes. It's hard to know exactly what to think about it but it doesn't sit right with me. Just hope it was on Kane's terms.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/05/13/kane-cornes-should-do-whats-best-for-port-adelaide-like-he-always-has/

I found this article an interesting perspective on it...

IMO Ken Hinkley would be the most dissapointed, if he had known this was on the cards im sure he would rather have played another developing player in the tagging role for the first 8 rounds to gain the experiance. No doubt Kane is a club legend but I think he has let the team down a bit with decison.
by David Brent
Thu May 14, 2015 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Booney wrote:Cummins hasn't had a gallop for a long time. Siddle will be the work horse picked.

No first class game for 2 years I think?? Amazing/scary to think he could be called upon by series end
by David Brent
Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

When was the last time Warner actually made runs when it counts? Can bat but I think his best hasn't been for a while

SInce the last Ashes in Aus he has made at least one ton in every series he has played except for the 2 test series v WI just gone.
3 tons against South Africa away count as runs when it counts to me...

Seems a touch out of form I agree but to say he hasn't made runs when it counts is harsh IMO.
by David Brent
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aust tour squad v NZ announced - Sayers in.

Superstars have been few and far between for the Kiwi's so legendary status standards would be far less than ours.

Without much research I'll throw an XI together during my lifetime.

J.Wright
G.Turner
S.Fleming
M.Crowe
R.Taylor
N.Astle
B.McCullum
C.Cairns
D.Vettori
R.Hadlee
T.Southee
I'd have Jeremy Coney over Astle but the rest would be the same

Pretty sure Kane Williamson would be in their greatest team even if he were to retire today.
by David Brent
Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division V 2016

Love the write ups REB, keep them coming. Hoping Robbo runs out of trades, so I can knock him off come finals time,
by David Brent
Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division V 2016

Thanks Reb pulled out an almighty score for the GF, got lucky with no injuries at the end of the year & finished with 2 trades still in the bank.

Looking forward to trying to make a mark in another comp next year.
by David Brent
Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

Head goes on tomorrow I reckon his baggy green will be coming in the second test.

Reckon Fergusson has done more to deserve a chance b4 Head.
Just a shame he missed out today.

Just an utter DISGRACE that Mitch Marsh is in the team ahead of just about anyone

Selectors like Head as they know he is a real talent. They will take him to India as a batsmen as he bowls handy spin. He can also bowl a few overs to cover Marsh if they want a 5th option in the next test.

Problem with Ferg is he always misses out when he needs a big one, never quite strings it together when needed. He's always knocking on the door but he never quite knocks it over.
by David Brent
Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

Voges out. Head in.
Siddle out. Sayers in.
M Marsh out. S Marsh to 6. Maddinson in.

Warner
Maddinson
Khawaja
Smith
Head
S Marsh
Nevill
Starc
Sayers
Hazlewood
Lyon

Potential to be 0/150 off 12 overs or 2/10 off 8 with that combo. I'm a bit old fashioned in cricket, I believe you have to have a 'Rock' at the top of the order. Dravid and to a lesser extent Langer, Cook and Rogers type, but not quite Boycott if you get what I mean.

Agreed, but who? ( Don't say S.Marsh )

I'll probably get screamed down for this but if it's an opening position Australia need it would be Klinger for mine. I rate the guy I always have but being the wrong side 30 will always go against you.

Bancroft is the man if you want a steady no frills opener.
by David Brent
Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Sam Stousr- every year I get a laugh out of her.
by David Brent
Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In what year will clearances finally be put up.. C'mon seriously.

Other leagues laugh at us when they hear that is kept private, from what I understand it started at a delegates meeting when some club complained about some other club have all these players coming in, so in the leagues wisdom they made it private, crazy.

On another note Brendan Papps is back…

Not for long I don't think Office J
by David Brent
Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2017

Hoping that's the end of the curse Reb... onwards & upwards now for the Clots...

Great write ups as always!
by David Brent
Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Port fans do you think the club failed with the timing of the Powell- Pepper article hitting the papers & online?

You see it all the time, big articles on individuals & their performances not backing it up after it's release. Wether a 1st year or 10th year player you need to perform once you put yourself in the spotlight (I thought it was a good article also)

I reckon the club & SPP could have chosen a better week to run that.
by David Brent
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2015 Ladder, Loxton & Berri top 3.

1 Loxton North A Grade 2015 16 11 5
2 Berri A Grade 2015 16 10 6
3 Loxton A Grade 2015 16 9 7
4 Waikerie A Grade 2016 16 9 7
5 Barmera Monash A Grade 2015 16
6 Renmark A Grade 2015 16 3 13

Aware the other clubs have finished well on the ladder come end of season. Neither won a final that year.

I was just pointing out the fact 3 clubs in a 6 team comp haven't won a final in a long time as an interesting stat.
by David Brent
Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

I've watched the last quarter 3 times already, what a day Saturday was. Still can't believe we won & won so convincingly.

The vision after Butler's goal with Benny Gale & Richo in tears will be the moment that sits with me forever.

Just wish the great man Dennis Cometti had stuck around for one more year to call a game I'll watch for years to come.
by David Brent
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richmond 2017

bennymacca wrote:Suppose you gotta give them time to find the forum, most Richmond supporters have only been around for a couple of weeks!

;)

Nah we’ve all just been to busy celebrating a flag & watching the dvd replay on repeat to comment on here
by David Brent
Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Domestic Season 2017/18

Do we always play a full strength NSW team first up? We've seemed to cop them at full strength for the past few seasons.....

Reckon we always get them as with half the NSW team playing for Aus they try to give those boys the Day/Night game at Adelaide Oval to get used to the conditions for the test. That's my thinking behind why we always get them early on at full strength.
by David Brent
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

I blame Langer, the selectors just do whatever he suggests. He's obviously told them this kid will be good & they put him front of line.

I think there only taking Richardson as experience, id hope if there was an injury to the big 3 Sayers would be on the plane & in front of the kid to play just behind Bird.

That's the only way it can be logical IMO
by David Brent
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

Didn't realise Chad Sayers was a regular at the pub I work at till I met his father in law in the weekend!
He rang Chad from the Front Bar so everyone could have a chat to him from South Africa, it was quite surreal as the connection was clearer than when I ring the next door neighbour!
He said the side is currently confined to their hotel as its too dangerous to walk the streets, I got the impression the rest of the squad weren't going out of their way to make him feel welcome in the team too. He's hoping to get a game in the tour match.

That would not surprise, as the Aussie team is essentially the most exclusive boys club there is in this country. There may be a few blokes looking over their shoulder. I reckon if you grab your chance, if & when it presents you would get accepted into the fold though.

I disagree, I think Boof would make sure its a great team environment. In fact its what everyone said as soon as he took over from Mickey Arthur how much it turned around.

With most of the group having a NSW or WA connection there might be a few smaller groups naturally as they know each other. This isn't Chadd's first tour with most of them & has also been apart of Test squads in Aus so he should know them well enough by now surely? I could be wrong but from listing to podcasts & interviews the likes of M Marsh & Cummins seem really genuine blokes & id be surprised if they were to exclude and allow a team to exclude someone a majority of the time.

Only reason I could think off is the fact Smith & Sayers appear to not get along after Smith changed his mind on his selection in the Adelaide test & perhaps players don't want to get around the Chadd in the fear of off putting Smith perhaps?
by David Brent
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SuperFrank wrote:Did I hear Geordie Franks kicked 8 snags against Karoonda on Saturday in Berri's trial???

Kicked or ate?
by David Brent
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

If they want to set standards for this type of rubbish. Then harsher penalties need to be given out. 1 week off is way too lenient. Some AFL players believe that they are better than society when they go out at night and think they can do and have anyone they want. Because I play for Port Power and my name is SPP. So because of who you are, women should just open their legs for you. Crap. He should have been given a month off and been told to go do some community service at a women's shelter. I can't stand people like that that use their so called reputation to do what they want. Maybe SPP has been hanging around Burgoyne or Heuskes too much.
What has he done? He went out, broke curfew and got drunk, he didn't kill anyone or beat anyone up, there is an ongoing investigation into the "alleged" wrongdoings, I think you're trialing him with no substance.

Did Dusty assault a woman in a chinese restaurant with chopsticks last year? It was "alleged" that he did.

It's actually a pretty similar scenario here LM, Dusty was out drunk at the time when the "incident" occurred & the women (who happened to work for 7 went to the club & media.) Dusty admitted he was drunk in public & was sanctioned by the club for this. Once CCTV footage was checked over & a police investigation completed it was found he hadn't done anything criminal & was cleared of any wrong doings.

We're at the same stage now with PP, he's been sanctioned for being intoxicated & once a full investigation is completed we will know the outcome. If its found PP has done nothing wrong I feel for the lad & if he has then throw the book at him as they say.

I think Port have handled this very well & have done in the past with previous "incidents" the media has brought to public's attention.
by David Brent
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Mooooooo

Finally pulling the trigger on Greene the spud. Jack Mcraee in.
Trying something different this year, blowing trades & stacking my mids super early. Have 7 premiums plus T Kelly in my mids now, hoping these boys can carry me to a few wins while I slowly try & patch my fwds & defs up for the rest of the year.
by David Brent
Fri May 04, 2018 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The Killers!!

Hell of a show they put on last night. I was buzzing walking out of that.
by David Brent
Wed May 09, 2018 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Legs 11

Bum Crack wrote:Cold Coast and GWS huge chances this week I reckon.

Cold Coast...? This the 3rd expansion team brought in from Antarctica is it BC??
by David Brent
Wed May 30, 2018 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy Team of the Century

Right, looks like the side is selected and we'll bring people in and out according to their posting.

Sorry bennymacca, you're out.

Out - bennymacca ( omit )
In - Bum Crack

If you were looking for a role for Bennymacca perhaps he could be in control of the draw...? Wouldn't want you guys not playing any of last years finalists in the first half of the season & be given a perceived easy run..... Think benny is often all over issues like this...
by David Brent
Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Smith from the Hawks surely, he's a star
by David Brent
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL delistings / retirements

Hampson & Griffiths can be added as Retired at tigerland Boon.
by David Brent
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

The Sydney Swans since 1982.[/quote]

oh, sorta like port adelaide since 1996???[/quote]

South Melbourne - Sydney Swans
Port Adeladie- Port Power- Port Adelaide

Yeah its kinda the same[/quote]
all we did was relocate... same club, just moved... we have always been the swans...

we don't pick and choose when our history is important...[/quote]

Thought you guys were the "bloods"............?
by David Brent
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Love that you blokes are calling out the smokers for time wasting (I agree) but happy to sit on SAFooty all day & post away ;)
by David Brent
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grand final @ Minlaton

Moonta v CY Cougars =Moonta
Moonta look set to win easy here being the best side going round the last 15 weeks only dropping the 1 game, have a full deck and fully rested But it doesn’t always turn out like that so with ordinary weather forecast tomorrow a injury or 2 and some early scoreboard pressure anything can happen. The 2 best sides have made it through and makes for a good contest but I think Moonta will have the polish and the extra run to get the win.
Moooona 2019 premiers for me by 24 points

Good luck to everyone playing tomorrow in the footy and netty and all the best.

Great run downs all year DD, appreciated reading them.
by David Brent
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 3 - The Prelims

My Friday Forecast -

* The roar after the national anthem may cause a tsunami on the banks of the Yarra.
* Goldsack on Riewoldt is a battle for the ages.
* David Brent's arrogance mixed with Tigerpie's hysteria will only be tempered by Q's rationale.
* Collingwood apply great pressure but ultimately cannot sustain it.
* There is usually 1 close Prelim and the other is a blowout.
* This will be the close Prelim....Tigers by 11 points.
* Attendance 96,844.

David Brent this is exactly what I was talking about when it comes to you Tigers supporters :lol:

I'm shocked!! Still we are beatable tonight your coach said so a few weeks back ;)
by David Brent
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Booney wrote:Fremantle CEO Steve Rosich says the Dockers would not accept pick 4 from Brisbane for Lachie Neale.

Well they got pick 2 for Weller last year & Neale is 4 times the player of him. They probably want 2x number 1 picks based on that.
by David Brent
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2018-19

I get blokes can be just plain out of from but with Weatherald you have to ponder if the winter at the Cricket Academy has helped him or not. Seemed to be going okay last year & not sure if they have altered his technique or what but he has gone backwards quickly.
by David Brent
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

How about we stop talking about Smith and Warner and talk about the upcoming Ashes tour in England where we really need to start preparing NOW for the conditions over there. We really struggle in overcast conditions against swing and seam bowlers. And we dont have a bowler who can bowl to those conditions or the Australian selectors dont want to use them.

I think Worrell might sneak on the plane over for the Ashes. Was speaking to some people in the know at a bar Sat night of the test & the general vibe is he's rated more highly than Sayers by most at the top level.
by David Brent
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: wubsy's Sydney Ducks thread!

woodublieve12 wrote:you all are salty... A little club like ours eclipses all your big clubs

Wonder if the Morgan polling includes all of Port's China supporters? This would blow Sydney away ;)
by David Brent
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Armchair expert wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Is that Victoria or an allied team?

All vic signed players I think

Not the Stoin, he plays for WA
by David Brent
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |