Search found 98 matches

Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The Vancouver Grizzlies had to change their name because it was offensive to wives.
by OnSong
Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v QLD SS 12 FEB

Brodlach wrote:I would bat until 30 minutes before tea

Theres no way I could last that long
by scoob
Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v Two Heads

10013300_10152321907780152_1521481665_n.jpg
by Coach Bombay
Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4 - Scores 'n stuff

The key to this game is Jetta, if he spends anymore than 15 minutes on the ground Essenscum cant win
by daysofourlives
Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Of course Betts was better in the second half, the Crows were winning easily.
Massive front runner, struggles to get a kick when the game is in the balance

Be interested if you can name a small forward/forward pocket who plays well when the side is struggling. Toughest position on the ground when the team is playing poorly
by Stumps
Fri May 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I'm officially a dad as of 5.07am this morning. Had a little boy. Very happy. Very tired.
by OnSong
Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:I'm officially a dad as of 5.07am this morning. Had a little boy. Very happy. Very tired.

congratulations on having sex approx. 9 months ago.

heres to hoping you have sex again
by Johno6
Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wimbledon 2014

Less than an hour and a half into the tournament and Stosur already eliminated :roll:
by Gozu
Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Spargo wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Carlton a sneaky chance tonight?

I definitely think they are. North are an overated bunch of spuds who won't go anywhere this year when it counts.

Arse crack, I'm quite prepared to pay you to find some new material.

Apology accepted.
by Bum Crack
Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements - 2014

Dogwatcher wrote:Who?

You may know him as Crapula Bradley
by Q.
Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate Tit Monday

Tit Monday:

This put it best. I didn't write it, for those who thought I did but i'll claim it if you want me to:

"Ah, Tit Monday. It's not that far off now...

That glorious day when, heading into work on the bus, or sitting on the train, you find yourself suddenly chirpier than you have been in months. You find yourself smiling at strangers again. There is a mild involuntary tumescence in your trousers that comes and goes throughout the morning with the comforting regularity of a heartbeat.

And then you get a text around lunchtime from a mate which says: "At last, Tit Monday!" And you instantly understand why you are so happy. For Tit Monday is that special day in the year when, for the first time, the temperature rises above that magical point which causes girls getting dressed in the morning to decide to show a bit of skin.

After months of dull colours and chunky knit, the world's birds suddenly dive into last summer's wardrobe (they've not had chance to buy this season's stuff) and chuck it on without a thought. Your urban landscape is suddenly lightened with acres of naked arm and leg and, after many dark months of burrowing, breasts rising to the surface like moles at dusk.

Big breasts in white work shirts straining at the buttons. Small breasts braless in vest tops, the nipples frotted by ribby fabrics. Breasts in summer dresses bouncing in the distance so that they catch your eye before you even notice there is someone wearing them. Breasts nudging out from the crowd at traffic islands, quivering to cross the road...

And you know it is nearly summer. For previous generations, the arrival of spring was heralded by the sound of the first cuckoo. For us, it is Tit Monday.

Not that it always falls on a Monday. Like Easter, Tit Monday is a moveable feast.

And then, of course, there is Tit Monday Night. You see, in early summer, temperatures drop off very dramatically when night falls. But the dollies are not prepared. Slightly stunned by the morning heat, they drag out the summer clothes but forget to bring a cardie (a mistake they will not make again until next year), so that when they're all standing outside the pub after work celebrating the arrival of spring, their barely covered nipples have no protection from the cold. It's like a Bring-and-Buy sale where everyone has brought hat pegs. It's like a prog-rock gig where, instead of lighters, everyone is holding up nipples.

So when will Tit Monday fall this year? Will you be the first to text your mates with the announcement? Do not shoot your bolt too early. There will be false starts. You will smell fresh cut grass and see a couple of early starters and feel compelled to declare Tit Monday. But your more level-headed friends will tell you to hold your horses, keep your powder dry, don't fire until you see the whites of their bra straps.

As the poet said: one bold Northern slapper in a bikini doth not a summer make."
by OnSong
Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nick Krygios winning again
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tit Monday tomorrow. Must be. Surely. Or have I squawked too soon? Is it a false start?

Geez I'm looking forward to seeing some boobs around. Long winter.
by OnSong
Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: All Australian Team to be announced tonight (16/9/14)

Just seen the top 10 dresses on Adelaidenow from the Brownlow who does Ruby Keddle belong to????

I rate her very highly :rolleyes: :X
by carey
Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Just saw this on Facebook. :lol:

2.PNG
by HH3
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA vs My Foot Dr Bulls

We can't continue to bat Botha at 6. Won't win anything with him there.

If McDonald is fit to bat and bowl I'd drop Botha everyday of the week. Very good short form bowler. Not so effective in the Shield.

We really don't need Botha chucking down 30+ overs.

All this said. If Mcdonald can't bowl we need to persist with Botha.
by Ron Burgundy
Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

So do kadina have a coach?? They would be a long way behind the eight ball with recruiting. After the big concert thingo they had surely they have $$ to spend.

Early favourite would be the bloke who's namesake started favourite in the Cox Plate just gone I reckon.
Faulkner? Classic cryptic reference
by OnSong
Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Redbacks 2014/15

Kasper wrote:Why bring in Worrall, he is a second rate hack, his only claim to fame is playing Mick Malone on Howzat.

Wrong, he drew a cock and balls in pitch last year during a drinks break in a 2nd XI game......
by heater31
Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2015 season

REB's 2015 Season prediction

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1035506/PAIN_medium.jpg

ADELAIDE: Will huff and puff but blow nobody’s house down. Those pointing out areas in which the Cows can improve will have conveniently forgotten that other clubs will be trying to improve as well. By appointing a captain as dumb as a post Tex could inadvertently get on a plane when a home game is on which leaves the forward line manned by a bunch of has beens and hacks and a small forward who regularly appears on milk cartons. 9th

BRISBANE: The medical room will be braced for multiple attacks of dizziness in the squad as the powerful midfield runs around in circles after kicking it to….um….no one and having opposition defences rebound the ball straight back out again. The Patfulls of losing a key defender will become apparent but it has to be said that this season will be one of improvement for the Lions. But if they can remember to put the left boot on the left foot that would also represent a giant leap forward for the Brions. 10th

CARLTON: The Blues have been booked as one of the headliner acts of the Melbourne Comedy Festival this season as this squad is an absolute joke. When you are recruiting blokes like Liam Jones you know it’s going to be a long season ahead. My prediction for the Blues this year is that the Lygon Street Crew will put a hit out on Mick Malthouse after he pisses off the wrong person at a press conference. 16th

COLLINGWOOD: The Pies have gotten rid of all the bad boys now and have acquired real leadership after they parted ways with Nick Haxwell. With no Harry-O pissing everyone off and with only 16 injuries to start the season the Pies are in good shape. Yeah, losing Beams was a worry but I reckon FIGJAM’s youngsters might sneak into the top eight. 8th

ESSENDON: With the injection of exciting young talent Paul Chapman, James Gwilt and Paul Chapman joining the club, missing the finals would be a bitter pill to swallow. However, with the talented Paddy Ryder leaving for Tealer pastures, the Bombers might have to take their medicine this season. You couldn’t imagine ASADA tale at this once proud club. 11th

FREMANTLE: Nobody wants to join Freo but the good news is that no one wants to leave either. This means that Ross has convinced everyone that this is the year his no premiership brand of soccer will be the breakthrough. With a strong midfield with big bodies Freo will go deep into September but once again their ship won’t come in. The good news for Freo is that their list is so old that they won’t have to worry about Ben Cousins like Icescapes. 4th

GEELONG: This once champion team is clinging to former glory but it looks all over and it is time Geelong faced their Demons. Geelong is sure to improve this season as they won’t go out in straight sets this year, they’ll go out in week one and make history by losing to Gold Coast in the Elimination Final. Except Joel Selwood to win the Brownlow and have no trouble ducking his head to accept the medal. 6th

GOLD COAST: Last year when Ablett’s shoulder joint fell off, the Coast stunk up the joint. Rodney will be sure to give them a Rocket or two this year to get this talented list to finally start sharing the load but I think he can do this and the Suns will really take off. With or without Ablett, this is the year for the Suns. 7th

GWS: The Giants are going to be huge in a few years and already their best 22 looks formidable. I don’t think they can make the finals this year as their second ruck is a Giant sized problem and the forward line is a worry with Patton down and Boyd in the Doghouse. Expect that Borat theme song to have the Cossacks hopping a bit more this season, especially at home. 14th

HAWTHORN: When you have brown in your jumper and you are going for three flags in a row you can go through the motions and still be flushed with success. As one of only three genuine premiership chances it’s hard to rule a line through the Hawks even though we all really want to as you just can’t love these blokes. Hawthorn will win most weeks and win every match when last year’s best and fairest Matt Stevic takes the field. Luke Hodge will win the most courageous player this season as his trademark ‘courageous grimace’ serves him well again after a slight brush against a first year stick insect. Plenty of joy for the haters though when they lose the Granny. 2nd

MELBOURNE: If the Demons can put a decent forward line together in the early rounds they can start to make some improvement. They will Roos the day if they waste yet another season in 17th or 18th position and Harry O could prove to be a more than adequate replacement for Frawley who has gone off to Hawthorn to learn how to kick. The Dees will still struggle to win games but they might actually shock everyone and kick a few goals, giving the tweed coat brigade a reason to stay off the slopes for least a few weeks. 15th

NORTH MELBOURNE: A couple of years ago I thought North could be a new Geelong but it seems I’m not Robinson Crusoe when it comes to overrating the Roos. Sure, they are good, but they aren’t good enough but the recruitment of the ever reliable Jarad Waite and Shaun Higgins could be enough for them to stay at exactly the same level as they were last year. No Soup for Roo! 5th

PORT: Now that they have a Norwood man running the joint and a Catter in the coaches box, the Power looks to be finally on at Alberton after years of ‘the lights are on but there is nobody home’. Westhoff finally looks comfortable in his beard and Ollie Wines has muscles on his muscles despite being only 14 years old. They’ve pinched Paddy Ryder so at least one Paddy will be playing in SA next year and it’s all systems go. 1st

RICHMOND: The Tigers were so satisfied with last year’s massacre at the Oval they decided to recruit…..no one. Ha ha nice move geniearses! If you put every joke about Richmond over the past three decades it would fill the New York phone book…you could call it the yellow and black pages. Like last year they’ll lose when the heat is on, look a million bucks when it’s all over but this year they won’t get back in the eight. 12th

ST KILDA: The Saints have let everyone over the age of 21 leave the club except St Nick but he likes Dubstep so he was allowed to stay. The Saints are starting to amass an array of young talent but this means the odd belting will be on the way. An honest assessment of their list will hurt for a while but in the long run the Saints are on the right track but they might have made a Cox up in some administration appointments. 18th

SYDNEY: Despite a Grand Final effort that would have made Geelong 1995 blush (but not 1994); the Swans remain one of the teams to beat for the premiership. Not many clubs will go up to Sydney and like it but that is to be expected because Sydney people are really rude. They’ll be keen to exact revenge on the Hawks but Port could sneak under their guard. Still Buddy good are the Swans though. 3rd

WEST COAST: Yes, it’s time for the annual hype about the Eagles even though they are going about as well as their stadium which is falling down around the Sandgropers’ ears. While the West Coast does have some talented players several Eagles are winged and the midfield is so poor that Matty Priddis won a Brownlow last year as he was the only one getting the ball. 13th

WESTERN BULLDOGS: The Bulldogs are the first team in history to do a rebuild of a rebuild after last year’s spectacular implosion which saw the coach and several key players depart the Kennel. If they thought last season was ruff then they might be in for disappointment as this is going to be a paw year. Make no bones about it; their bark is worse than their bite. 17th

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Summer of Tennis

Its not a new thing or indeed limited to Australians. Murray for instance was terrible when he first came onto the scene, not to mention someone like Agassi going back a little further.

It's just the nature of the game - intense one on one sport where you can't actually touch the guy. Of course frustrations are going to be there.

Whilst brash and cocky I really like Kyrgios and it's clear he has he game to back up his antics. He will calm down just like Murray, Hewitt, Agassi did

The problem is there's too many 2 week Tennis supporters!
by mighty hounds
Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

Stuart: "B Mac might have missed the quickest 50 by a few balls but Steve Finn is in with a shot! "
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

Monument men
Big names shocking movie
by Stumps
Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

it sure did, Doc, Pelter, Tieste, Centa all played Saturday
Tieste. Lol. He's coming to Balaklava on a footy trip with the Superdogs. What a unit.

Tiesty's been watching to much AFL.

Dived on the footy about 20 metres out from goal and acted out as if he was getting tackled and made out he was trying to get rid of the footy.

Problem was he wasn't even getting tackled! :lol: :lol:
by bd u15 09
Wed May 13, 2015 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Booney wrote:WATSON DROPPED!

:lol:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436913588.134755.jpg
by RustyCage
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL- WEST COAST V HAWTHORN

Before the two sides make their way out onto the ground we have to suffer through yet another diabolical AFL pre match entertainment line up. Bryan ******* Adams will sing “Summer or 69”, possibly the worst song ever, however I have heard a whisper Eddie is having Bucks over for a BBQ and has requested “I do it for you” to be rolled out. While thanks to Channel 7 and it’s stupid bloody X Factor bollocks, Chris Isaak will perform one of his hits, “Baby did a bad, bad thing” in what might be a Meatloaf V2.0 balls up. He might play another song, but it’s unlikely anyone but he and Gill will know it.

Really? Gill McLachlan noted that both of these guys are “personal favourites”, any chance you’ve listed to music post 1990 Gill? For crying out loud, Adams and Isaak.......Angry Anderson’s bat mobile looks great all of a sudden(ly). In a token gesture to Gen Y sooks, Ellie Goulding who, I understand, is a multiple track seller in I-tunes will also make an appearance. I can’t wait, at least I’ll know who she is once I’ve seen her.

Once that is out of the way, much like the Brownlow Red Carpet, we can get on with what we are actually there for.

It all comes down to that one day in Septe....October. After 205 matches, after 6,787,633 people made their way through the turnstiles it comes down to two teams on the MCG at 2:30 this Saturday afternoon to decide who it is that goes down in history as the best team of 2015.

Hawthorn, chasing a three-peat to go with the ’08 flag making it 4 in 8 years or the Eagles, rising up the ladder from 9th in 2014 to second at the end of the minor round in 2015 to look at their first chance of glory since the 2006. It’s the big birds going head-to-head.

Stats are stats come this time of year, nerds all across the land are looking to see what advantage either team has by scouring Champion Data’s endless statistical analysis, but let’s be fair, this day is like no other and while numbers can support any argument for either side this game is more about delivering on the day what you have worked on all year.

We know both sides score heavily, the two best of the year, we know the Hawks like to use it by foot with accuracy and deny the opposition the ball by using it with great efficiency. Uncontested marks the cornerstone of their game plan. We know the Eagles will drop off the ball carrier at half back, choke you up in the middle and turn you inside out as they go the other way to a potent forward line. We’ve seen enough, we’ve read enough about these two teams to know how they go about it, how they play when it’s played on their terms and the damage they can cause.

Grand Finals are different though, they can bring extraordinary performances from players, they can make players look around for a shovel to dig a hole and bury themselves in. While these guys are professionals, while they read from the same script of “One game at a time”, “We’ll just go out to do the job like every other week”, we all know that’s bullshit. For those who haven’t been there before this can be overwhelming, it can be simply too much to handle. Fair to say, the Hawks have a decided advantage here. Been there, done that and all.

The occasion can also bring out the best in people, the players with the X Factor (not the the show), the players who can turn a game in minutes or have an impact that changes the course of the game for their side. For the Eagles the likes of Nic Naitanui, Elliott Yeo or Josh Kennedy. The Hawks with “Delicious” Rioli, Luke Breust or Jarryd Roughead.

So who are the players to watch, who can make the difference?

For mine, Nic Naitanui has the opportunity to stamp his name on the history books forever. He’s up against two capable yet cumbersome ruckman in Hale and McEvoy. Neither can go with him in the air, neither can go with him on the ground, neither can match his endurance. He’s unmatched by any Hawks big man (pretty much any big man) and can influence this game from the very first bounce.

For Hawthorn Luke Breust is an intergral part to their machine. He had a dry spell recently and that coincided with Hawthorn spluttering into the finals losing. Goalless in losses to Richmond,West Coast and Port then he bobs up with 6 against Adelaide as Hawthorn right the ship. He’s crucial to Hawthorn playing at their best. They might need to to beat the Eagles.

This promises to be a cracking match, while Grand Finals can often be lower scoring affairs by virtue of the way these teams play it just won’t be the case. The winning side will need 100 points + to take home the silverware.

I think the Hawks, across the board, have too much big game class and the likes of Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell, Roughead and Lake will not take a repeat performance of the losing qualifying final at the hands of the Eagles again this week. Then again, if big Nic Nat has a day out, Josh Kennedy makes the most of his chances and Luke Shuey wins enough in close, the Eagles are a real shot at it.

I think the Hawks, by 13 points.

For those of you who have stuck with my write ups and read them throughout the year, thank you. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading them as much as I enjoy writing them.
by Booney
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Kinda miss the dedicated Port and Adelaide boards, in the main it kept this irrelevant stuff out of there.

That was a good initiative by the mods.
Agreed. Pity it failed due to lack of activity by Power fans, it just couldn't be justified in the end.

BWHAHAHA. Should have put some virtual tarps up. :D

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Good question, DB. Off the top of my head, the Tasmanian team of 2006-07 probably didn't have any capped test players (at that time).
by RB
Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

What does fairy floss and Carey Hart have in common?

They both come in pink.
by OnSong
Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

Reckon there was about 20,000 left in the crowd at Adelaide oval with about 2 minutes to go...funny for a supporter group who don't leave early.

Reckon you're wrong with the figure, and it always makes me laugh, who gives a **** when people leave? Pathetically childish in my view.

Do you question people who show up late or go for a piss mid quarter?
by Booney
Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

MW wrote:I thought Glen Archer was the heart and soul of Nth Melb? How many do you have? lol

Wasn't he the "Shinboner of the Century" ? ( whatever that is )
by Booney
Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans

Might not go around this week. ;)
by Booney
Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Don't want a swedge, so it's installation 18 of 2016.

No room for White there, Boon?

I think some underrate just how much we have missed his pace this season.

He was pretty good last weekend but I think the running men need an extra game before they come back in, the big blokes might get away with one.

Having said that, and thinking about it, perhaps White for Neade might be on the cards too.

Being my two most respected footy analysts on this site Booney & Valley's I struggle to see how you rate White so highly to Port.

If he was still with us at the tigs I have no doubt you would be saying he is a mediocre list clogger (like a lot of our list) & we need to move him on.

He has had one good season for you guys in about 10 in the system. A lot more better players on your list more important to the team than him IMO.

Firstly, thanks.

Secondly, I can't really recall where White played the most with the Tigers, midfield/half back, yes? Also, if you look back to the start of this year I said no premiership team will have Matt White in it, I'm not a big wrap for him but he is a better option than some others on our list WHEN we were up and running. His outside run in '14 when we played open attacking footy was an asset, when things tighten up he's not as effective.
by Booney
Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Don't want a swedge, so it's installation 18 of 2016.

I don't have too much more to add to what Boon has posted.

I think White's effectiveness in Port Adelaide's side comes down to style of play. When up and running, we are able to transition the footy from defence to attack swiftly through blokes like him breaking the lines.

Given we have had him and Polec miss large chunks of the season due to injury/form- it's no suprise that the good teams are able to choke us up down back and hit the scoreboard. We have no method coming out of defence and are mediocre by foot. When we are on a roll, skills are masked by the fact that we turn the footy over in less dangerous parts of the ground, therefore defenders have an opportunity to win the footy back.

Would White make first 22 in any of the top 6 sides this season? Dogs maybe, solely due to the style that Beveridge coaches. Boon's point is spot on- we won't win a flag with White in the side. Looking back on it- 2014 was more a case of pinching a flag we had no right to win, rather than setting a platform for sustained success.

Until the likes of Polec, Bonner + recruits of similar mould come on to play consistent A grade footy- players like White will find a way into our 22 as Hinkley and co. coach to break lines through speed, rather than precision skills.

PS- thanks for the compliment :D
by valleys07
Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Olympians with a football connection

Matthew Mitcham > Lindsey Thomas
by carey
Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Iceland

Pag wrote:Got a week there later in the year, anyone been before?

Nope
by Bum Crack
Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

And Ross.

Barry, Maurice and Robin have all said no.
by carey
Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richmond 2016

The same guy who's manager lauded Richmond in July for letting him play with his brother at an amateur club after he resigned from AFL?
"Richmond and Dan Richardson have been fantastic for him these past two years"

He tried to kill himself before being drafted but Richmond ruined his life?
by Wedgie
Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5

More North heartbreak.

:lol:
by Booney
Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

Yeah understand that. Think Geelong situation is different to MCG-Etihad residents but know the rule
It seems to me that the Docklands tenants are in the same position as Geelong. IIRC there have only been five or six finals matches played at Docklands. I understand that the AFL might want to maximise attendances and not schedule matches between two Victorian teams there, but against non-Victorian teams, Docklands tenants can be considered pretty unlucky IMO not to host finals when they've earned the right - e.g. Bulldogs v Crows two years ago was played at the MCG.
by RB
Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

10:33am - Just drove passed a couple of lads in Crows guernseys parked in a North Adelaide side street drinking tinnies out of an esky in the boot.
Should be cherry ripe come 7:20 tonight :lol:
by Spargo
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:Got gastro on Tuesday night. Seven days without special wife time today. Week from hell complete.

#prayforonsong

Best wishes, dry toast mate.

How's that going to fix it?
by Booney
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2017/2018

Newcastle win their first home game since October!
Newcastle 1 Man U 0
:D
by Wedgie
Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

Grenville wrote:
Did they give their reasons why?

Jealous of our continual success.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: One test wonders

Last* test

Manou Jul 30 - Aug 3 2009

Tait Jan 16-19 2008

*only for Manou
by Booney
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

David Brent wrote:The Killers!!

Hell of a show they put on last night. I was buzzing walking out of that.

It was sensational
by mighty_tiger_79
Wed May 09, 2018 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Legs 11

It should also be noted that those losses were away from the MCG.

Which means nothing really in the scheme of things except that they will probably beat Essendon.

means Richmond have been gifted the easiest draw ever for a reigning premier.

Umm, have you seen their run home?
Ess x 2, Geel x 2, Port, Syd, Adel, Coll, GWS
Easiest draw ever for a reigning premier - ever?
by Spargo
Thu May 31, 2018 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Legs 11

It should also be noted that those losses were away from the MCG.

Which means nothing really in the scheme of things except that they will probably beat Essendon.

means Richmond have been gifted the easiest draw ever for a reigning premier.

Umm, have you seen their run home?
Ess x 2, Geel x 2, Port, Syd, Adel, Coll, GWS
Easiest draw ever for a reigning premier - ever?

I meant to this point.
only 2 previous finalists in the first 10 rounds is a gift

Yet if you switched their first half of the season draw around with the second half, there’d be people bleating about their “soft” draw coming into the finals...
by Spargo
Thu May 31, 2018 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

I see now....Maynard is an upgraded rookie :

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/Team/players/rookie
by Booney
Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |