Search found 518 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

i think you'll be fighting more than one opponent for that last C grade spot

What a crazy crazy year...and it hasn't even started yet.
Is grass roots sports across the board slowly dying in Australia?

In America they dont have structured grass roots sports programs - if you dont make it thats it.. could we be headed the same way?

Absolutely not.

I think you're just seeing a diversion between clubs who plan for long-term success vis a vis short term success.

Take the Club's with (arguably) the two biggest junior programs in the State. TTG are fielding a fourth side again and PNU are fielding a fourth side for the first time in their history (as PNU).

Similarly well run clubs, who have been buidling from the ground up for a number of years in Hope Valley and Old Iggies are doing the same thing.

I think what you'll find are that clubs which have historically done little to nothing to develop junior football (Brahma, Kilburn, Ovingham, Mitchell Park) are struggling whereas the Club's who put the effort in, and have been putting the effort in for a number of years are reaping the rewards.
by jo172
Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Just been told that Kilburn have had to pull out of a trial against Woodie South because they are only getting 15 odd out to training.

I am hearing Kilburn in big trouble full stop!

Plenty being spread around that they may have C grade team only due to poor numbers.

At least Drew Lister will kick a few goals
by jo172
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How does this happen to a club in such a high div and recent success, is this a case of players going elsewhere for more cash

Tough thing about trying to buy loyalty but forgetting to actually pay up.

You don't tend to get it.

I think it was mentioned in an earlier post, but the population of Kilburn has changed with the influx of refugees who don't play footy. Having that change of population has really hurt Kilburn, so without the locals to play at the club I guess they've had to recruit players with cash. Although I don't think its not a new thing for Kilburn to offer players a decent sized match payment. However, as we have all witnessed, players that come to your club on the back of being offered a decent pay packet can quickly move on if offered a bigger one elsewhere.

On the flip side, you look at Modbury and TTG where there's been a growth in population over the years and from that they field 4 senior sides each (I think) and copious amounts of junior teams.

Undoubtedly it's hard being in an area with either an aging population, or being in an area where for other cultural reasons people aren't playing football.

But take your club Suri, it's hardly an area filled with young families but your junior football club contains great numbers every year (although you presumably have a problem hanging onto those juniors with Old Colls sides chomping at the bit).

Additionally look at the number of clubs in the northern suburbs within a few drop punts of one another. Some have managed to set up fantastic junior programs (Eastern Park, Salisbury).

Where there's a will there's a way.

If you've come to the point that the Committee has decided that cash in the only way to continue to field competitive football sides and have given up on fielding junior sides then you're effectively just treading water in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Eventually you're going to drown.
by jo172
Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quit or sacked for not bringing players and sponsors that was promised?

coaches shoudlnt have to bring sponsorship to clubs.
really i dont beleive they should bring in 15-20 guy's either.
as we've seen, destroy's clubs.
probably should be a maximum list a club can have on their books, depending on how many senior teams.[/quote]

I'm philosophically opposed to any rule that is designed to save clubs from themselves.
by jo172
Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SAAFL football has got out of hand in the last 10 years with cost of living on the rise and younger kids looking for easy cash and older players looking for extra cash in the final years of football we are left with what we currently have division 1 and 2 is now out of reach to clubs who struggle to make good income or generate $$$ sponsors ....... the cost of buying players to top up clubs has doubled 200 dollars could get you a gun player but these days that cost is about 400 dollars

Whilst I'm not naieve enough to believe that $$$ doesn't have a significant effect on the upper echelons on amateur football I disagree with the common belief that it is the main or sole reason for success. A quick survey of the current teams in Div 1 and Div 2 would show:

Adelaide Uni - Unique, are truly not like any other club.
SPOC - School runs a hugely participated in football program.
ROCS - School runs a hugely participated football program
Gaza - $$
Goodwood - Large, perennially successful juniors
TTG - Largest junior club in SA
Henley - Links with Henley High School and large junior program
Salisbury North - Large junior program
Port Districts - Large Junior Program
Portland - Large junior program
Broadview - Large Junior program
PHOS - Large Junior Program
Gepps Cross - Large Junior Program
SHOC - Perennially successful football school
Flinders Park - Large junior program
Walkerville - Large junior program
PACOC - School runs a hugely participated in and successful football program.
PNU - Second biggest junior program in SA
SMOSH - School is a perennially successful football school and the club has a junior program
Scotch - School runs a smaller football program.

It's fairly common knowledge that all the above clubs fork out money for football players. Some pay out more than others undoubtedly but all pay to an extent. However, the strength of these clubs is largely a steady influx of players coming as a result of their pre-existing ties with the club whether from School or junior football. Yes the cash helps, but the foot in the door these club's already have is of tremendous advantage. Take PNU's Premiership side. 16 of the 22 players were PNU juniors.
by jo172
Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely a decision would have been made by now if they were out.

If they stay on with one team than the whole league is compromised.

From what I understand this is what the saafl and kilburn have proposed to do.

If that is the case then our club will protest heavily against it and as far as we are concerned all rules relating to promotion and relegation are null and void.

How do you mean the whole league is compromised?

Division 3R is a tiny bit compromised .. I guess ...

I would have thought at this stage moving Kilburn out of Div 3 would have compromised the whole league far more than letting them stay with one team (and you have to respect them for being willing to do it).
by jo172
Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

But, there might be merit in suggesting the structure of the Junior system is affecting the sustainability of senior clubs

Indeed if you follow the passage of this thread it started as people blaming the downfall of Kilburn and Brahma Lodge on a lack of foresight in their junior programs which lead to retorts that the Junior system is inherently unfair.

Trying to identify the problems of "clubs in strife" without considering systemic problems in football, particularly in junior football, is akin to trying to diagnose cancer by listening to a persons symptoms rather than getting them an MRI scan.
by jo172
Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mawson Lakes and Pooraka have the same postcode the league should have made them merge ...........regardless of what club you are how much cash you got some of these clubs are just to near eachother and should be forced to merge

Greenacres and gepps cross
Pooraka and mawson lakes
smithfield and elizabeth
north pines and salisbury west

these are just a few i can think of and while people will get there knickers in a knot the future of the game is more important then any of your clubs

I agree there needs to be a rationalisation, but I don't think geography is the way it should be worked out.

I think the SAAFL starts needing to set some hard and fast rules, namely if you only field one side in consecutive seasons you get disaffiliated and face considerable barriers on re-entry.

Whilst we admire the Ovinghams and WIngfields for their continued fight (albeit often literally with those particular clubs) their continued existence when the writing is clearly on the rule further drains resources from the rest of the league.
by jo172
Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Golden Grove, Salisbury West and Eastern Park have declined the invitation to go to D3...

They should ask Glenunga :P
by jo172
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst injury you've seen

There's nothing I hate more than reading/hearing about these/watching these the day before a game!
by jo172
Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Six Quarter trial matches? What's the point?

3 quarters for the Bs, 3 Quarters for the A's .

Time efficiency generally.
by jo172
Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Six Quarter trial matches? What's the point?

bennymacca wrote:You have two coins, they add up to 30c, one of them isn't a 20c. How do you do it?

The other coin is a 20c piece
by jo172
Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magnum Force wrote:Round 1
Kilburn V Seaton
Pembroke V Modbury
Old Iggies V Plympton
Athelstone V Unley
Salisbury V Kilburn

Kilburn so undermanned they're going to lose twice!
by jo172
Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

The Cows wrote:Yeah and only about 19 on the track for our C grade!!

19 is a huge amount training for a C Grade! :)
by jo172
Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I should add I think Red/Blue/White divisions are fantastic for junior football. When you have lesser able kids playing in the same sides as Guns they inevitably won't get a kick. Having a bunch of developing kids all playing together at a level where they're competitive is much better for those kids on an individual basis then if we were to spread the Under 15 talent evenly amongst all clubs in some kind of draft format.
by jo172
Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i see the under 15s TTG white team and TTG Red team played a half each against Hope Valley Blue team

TTG white team scored 2 points vs 8.11 by hope valley

then in the second half Hope Valley score 1 point to the TTG red 17 goals

this is the best example of why clubs should only have 1 team in each grade

Can you elaborate on why, particularly with reference to Phantom's post?

This looks to me like the exact reason for White and Red teams.
by jo172
Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

Look Good In Leather wrote:Maybe the SAAFL should look at implementing the ICA grading formula. Play 4 rounds and then grade teams into the relevant divisions.
The current system doesn't seem to work.

Well it does work, Teams spontaneously combusting in such a spectacular manner is a rarity
by jo172
Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So to get to what matters, how are Unley feeling about their lady's day?
by jo172
Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Surely you boys have your own Facebook group to continue this blister inducing circle jerk?
by jo172
Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:" No one from the Salisbury FC gets paid because they all love and enjoy the culture". What a load of rubbish. You cant tell me that a club in Div 3 doesnt pay players. Crap.

I don't know why but I'm always more inclined to believe it from Salisbury than from Uni.
by jo172
Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The_Informer wrote:When you see guys who couldnt get a kick in Div 6R getting over $250 a game to go bush something is very wrong.

Are we talking about Elmo? Because I would love the full story on that
by jo172
Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has the points system had a negative effect on grass roots football? Is it more of a coincidence that when this came in, it made college sides stronger and the less aussie rules populated area weaker?

The college sides are extremely advantaged under the points system.

The points system was brought in by the CFL to protect the SANFL, and the SAAFL adopted it to protect the old scholars bloc.

Hahahaha. What a ridiculous assertion.

Tell us your version of the implementation of the Points System.

I (absolutely not being aligned with any college side) think it's the best thing that's happened to the Amateur League for a long time. The only problems it has are:
1. For many clubs detailed records of junior games are a new concept. We have to scratch our head for how many games a junior played 5 years ago, if someone came and played for us 15 years ago we'd have very little idea.
2. The Junior Games category should be expanded. The 25 games between 14 and 16 can be too hard to meet for many players as that is the age group they're whisked away to Norwood/State Squads/Etc. We've had blokes who have played well over 100 junior games for our footy club, never played for another (non-SANFL) club but still be worth points because they only played 20 games in the relevant period. The rule should be re-drafted to 25 games between 14 and 16 or 100 games in total.
3. Get rid of the Son of a Life Member rule. How many life members wouldn't have their own children playing junior footy at a club they're life members at? Pointless duplication and is asking to be exploited.

And no Easy Tiga, it benefits clubs who do something for the game of football at a developmental and grassroots level (and Adelaide Uni, it benefits Adelaide Uni alot). It hurts clubs who give nothing back in the hollow pursuit of lower grade glory.
by jo172
Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

The Scotch Sacred Heart game as a curtain raiser to the Crows v Glenelg should be a good one
by jo172
Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

beef wrote:Was once a special day to play. Now seems more unique to play on the Saturday. Should only be local rivalries or GF replays. Some of the games being played are just ridiculous.

I agree. Should be no more than 1 per division and the preference should be given to the Grand Final replay.
by jo172
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mickey wrote:How do you work out who gets the div 1 game

Replay the Div 1 GF. More people will care about that in Div 1 then the replay of the Div 2 GF. Hell, even make that the only SAAFL game on the day and hold it at Thebby as an evening/night game.
by jo172
Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

Devil's advocate; if the Crows and Port pissed off to the VFL/some other AFL Reserves competition what effect would it have on the SANFL?

I suspect that media coverage/channel 7 etc. would be even less for the league as a whole than it is now.

I get the feeling this may be like pandora's box, now that it's been opened it can't be closed
by jo172
Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So uni is structured as so...?

As - div1
Bs - div1r
Cs - div7
Ds - c1
Es - c2?
Fs - div7r?

their div 7r side is their most incompetent side? :)
Well no disrespect to anyone playing in Div 7, but out of those yes I think 7R is easily the lowest standard of football, so makes sense.

could you be saying a C5 side could beat a div 7R side? :shock:

I think we can unequivocally say sides in divisions that don't exist could not beat a div 7R side.
by jo172
Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
jo172 wrote:95% (4/5 of the Executive)

Math: You're doing it wrong :lol:

Executive does not equal committee
by jo172
Wed May 07, 2014 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Maroon pfft. Real clubs wear black & white.

Didnt Payneham used to wear an ugly maroon and gold or similar prior to merging

Norwood Union were always black and white IIRC

Sorry for the confusion, although i guess its to be expected when clubs need to merge to thrive did however see Payneham in your title PNU :roll:

*EFA

I'll just leave this here ( http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?a=LADDER&compID=273561&c=1-114-0-0-0 )
by jo172
Thu May 15, 2014 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

I'm tied up with a junior football side . Umpires at junior football are a given that you keep your mouth closed but it does become very hard. Green shirt umpires should be given every encouragement and support.
We had two orange shirts on the weekend and by gee they were pretty ordinary. They really need to know the rules of which grade there umpiring. Our match was a under 13 game and you are allowed to bounce the ball as many times as you like. The umpire picked the player up for bouncing the ball more then twice and awarded a free kick. Some very dubious frees and non frees. Had many games last year that you are left dumbfounded. Sometimes it feels like the umps are evening up the game.

I agree with you, but it must be hard when you're umpiring 5 games in a row with the rules slightly tweaking for each game. You can understand how mistakes will occasionally happen.
by jo172
Thu May 22, 2014 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's in strife because football is lower on the list of priorities for young males these days, not because of a minority getting a bit of coin. Absolutely agree.

But, the amounts being paid makes some of those young men all of a sudden raise the priority of football in their lives.

That in turn, swings the pendulum even futher in favour paying clubs, which then in turn creates greater disharmony, despite t he fact that particular model is unsustainable.

Big statement.

It's completely sustainable when managed correctly.
by jo172
Mon May 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

**** me. No wonder we can't compete.

What % would bar takings contribute to the overall revenue of your clubs? Without having the numbers handy it is far too high. I'd say last year might have been around 80% but I'd say that was a bit of a spike due to the new rooms. Our bar takings alone were 150% above a previous year's total revenue. Our challenge is to maintain our revenue or increase it by diversifying our revenue streams. We have doubled our membership numbers and now have 4 x 8 ball teams. Hopefully we will put a cricket team on the park soon.

Included in our footy budget also is complete funding of our juniors. We only charge them $60 for subs at the moment until we can develop a full group. They cost us between $4 and $6k for a season but will be worth it in the long term. The footy club also pays the 'sporting club' for the priviledge of using the facility at $20 a head for every player and member. Don't get me started on the Mitchell Park Sporting Club. Fact is 85 percent of their income is footy, juniors, cricket and the gorgeous gals from the netball club, and they are all associated in one way shape or form to the Football Club. ;)

This to me seems like a brilliant idea. Best way to start building a junior program and once your junior program is established and successful it becomes (to an extent) self-perpetuating.

I suspect Kilburn wish they had done this with their excess funds rather than what they appeared to do.
by jo172
Tue May 27, 2014 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

I wonder if Uni will advocate no side employment agreements along with their no payment platform in the Advertiser this morning
by jo172
Thu May 29, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Cleaning

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Paid Volunteer from within the club I believe

I feel like that's an oxymoron.
by jo172
Fri May 30, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, playing against other C & D grade sides would certainly impact on participation rates, as someone mentioned.. SHOCS made 5 GF's a while ago and were flying, but as you climb and start playing A grade sides, all of a sudden your best squad possible is only just matching with A grade sides, then injuries hit and it gets harder from their.. Ideally a two div C & D grade promotion & relegation system would be great. but again yuo need the teams for that and you also dont want sides currently playing Div 7 against C Grade to miss out (such as Smithy's, North Pines, Houghton etc).

Also, when people start playing the violin for SHOC, Flinders Park etc. it strongly gives the impression they attract large contingents of players who are only interested in playing when they're a chance of winning a flag.

While I accept every club will have a spike in numbers when their C/D grades are up and about proposing to make special allowances for clubs who can fill full quotas of sides when they're dominant but start chucking it in when the going gets tough is pretty piss weak in my opinion.
by jo172
Fri May 30, 2014 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:so until it was brought to the attention of P.N.U they didnt notice the clash lol

The irony is that after the clash gurnseys were put on PNU kicked 18 unanswered goals. Make of that what you will ;)
by jo172
Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

Jetters wrote:Still stupid

Whereas making ad hominem attacks and misusing the quote function is the height of intelligence and wit.
by jo172
Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Guys, I've taken off the shot, not because of any potential action but just because it's not the type of shot we want to promote.

Also, had that been a shot of Cox and a raised elbow, others would be jumping up and down whilst others jumped to conclusions. - thx Lisa

Quality shot
by jo172
Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Q. wrote:Why are C/D grade participation rates low if they keep winning D7 flags?

I like how marbles can tell us with a straight face that C/D grades are getting pumped by supreme athletes and in the same breath say that C/D grades are "stealing" d7 flags.
by jo172
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I remember volunteering to run boundary for a C's game once. I didn't realise you got paid until after the game when the coach handed me an envelope with cash. It made me seriously question my commitment to this playing caper.
by jo172
Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

I have a headache
Effectively, it comes down to this:

i dont care about anyones backyard other than Henley's. good luck.

More aptly marbles doesn't care about anyone other than Henley's C Grade's backyard.

The Club favours its C Graders playing Div 7 as the higher standard makes its fringe players more prepared to play Div 1 and 1R. Henley is about winning Div 1 Flags. Marbles is the one about winning C Grade flags.
by jo172
Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Under 18 penalties.

ingle farm under 18s player got 3 red cards in the one game and he got of sorry

You can't get 3 red cards in one game, you'd be sent off for the rest of the game

Plus, you certainly wouldn't get off. There's an automatic suspension (1 or 2 games??) is that right?

the same night you seen me down at thebbie there was a under 18s kid from ingle farm all 3 of them said he got 3 red cards the umpire also said that to me while sitting outside then when it was all said and done the kid was very happy with him self to have got of after getting 3 red cards and yes you can get unlimited amount of red cards

he recieved 2 red cards from the side lines yelling out abuse
Umpire stuffed this one up.
Blamed the wrong player for mouthing off and gave a 25 or 50 mtr penalty against him. Which ever one it is these days.
Player tried to plead his innocence but kept getting a mouthful from the umpy to shut up and things escalated verbally.
Eventually sent off yelling and screaming telling the ump he was a dope,which I'm using kind words.
Umpire was a dope and antagonised things but there was no excuse for the player continuing his antics off of the ground.
True story.
But hey,
It's never the umpires fault.

In what world isn't that the player's fault?

Everyone who has ever played the game has copped awful decisions! Learning when to shut up and cop it is an essential skill moving forward in footy
by jo172
Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Under 18 penalties.

“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”

Socrates was the first one who has the problem FC etc. are alluding to.
by jo172
Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No point arguing about the penalty at this late stage because the conditions have been laid down by SAAFL and I assume agreed to by Central United . I'm sure Central United came into the 2014 season knowing exactly where they stood and that included the consequences of them (or one individual) over stepping the line again.

This is what I see as being the issue at play here, it smacks of arrogance from the SAAFL. Clubs like Central United, Smithfield, Salisbury West and the like are becoming the collateral damage of the Amateur league's power grab in the late 90s. The Old Scholars wanted to control metropolitan football and part of that was taking over the district leagues.

Now they are realizing it is a bit harder to manage than that and the college boys don't like playing the northern clubs. They place ridiculous conditions on these clubs (knowing full well they have no alternative to got to) and wait for them to fail.

This is nothing more than a dick measuring contest to show who's boss.

Penalising premiership points for one individual's indiscretion - that is obscene. The conditions should have been on the players involved, if they get found guilty it would be double to triple penalties for example, not penalizing the majority for the acts of the minority.

The Amateur league want these clubs out, that is the only explanation.

Westfields
Para District Uniting
Mile End Cats
Salisbury College
Campbelltown-Magill
Paralowie
Ovingham
who will be the next former CDFA club that the SAAFL will end?

Half the Amateur League Executive is from "northern clubs" like Greenacres and Brahma. Rampant paranoia if I've ever heard it.

The more likely explanation is that those clubs are being penalised due to their despicable records.
by jo172
Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

As I said I feel for your C grade guys because they are the ones doing it tough - I would guess thier coach is doing the ring around each Thursday night to get enough guys to fill that side - do you guys pick your D grade first???

We could go on and on about this but its a decision your club has made and fair play to you - nothing outside the rules at all. I said it in earlier posts it is also a decision that could hurt you, pretty sure (but could definately be wrong) but guys who play B grade will not be allowed to drop back 2 grades in finals to play D grade if they happen to miss out on finals - I notived you had guys double up and play C grade on the weekend so numbers may be an issue at present?? I noticed FC said that she had a lot of injuries in the A and B grade to attend to on the weekend - are any of your D grade guys going to push up and cover these injuries because from what I saw there isnt many in the C grade that would be able to. Having A, B and D grade in the finals will hurt the bottom side and I wouldnt want to go into a finals game against the likes of PAC without a full bench because those guys will run you off your feet.

Don't worry Tex, HV are happy to play with 18 in the D's. Anyone outside their top dozen or so are just space fillers anyway.

With Jones feeding the likes of Schreier , Kuhar , and Fowler in the middle who then deliver to Steele and Aldenhoven , they'll be fine. Throw in Clay , Hellmanns , Robinson and Scott and I'm sure their sandbagging will pay off.

I think the inevitable Hope Valley v PAC GF should be a cracker (those two are light years ahead of third which is any of the next 5 teams on their day).

Not sure if Hope Valley (or any other D Grade, or for that matter, some A Grades in the SAAFL) have the ability to shut down Dent and Bilyk when they're up and about. And that's assuming Waltham doesn't come up for the 8R finals as well!

Saw they kicked 22 goals between them on Satdee. In saying that, Simmons did kick 20 off his own boot for us :lol:

Both are guns. The difference being it's much harder to criticize PAC with the form of their A's, B's and C's!
by jo172
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hypotheticals....

What can happen in your grade in the next 2 weeks?

It's all about percentage, who beats who, who upsets who to grab 5th spot, or to find themselves down a grade.

Wow us with your statistical genius 8)

Discuss...

1Payneham NU 18 15 3 0 0 55.10 30
2Scotch OC 18 13 5 0 0 63.24 26
3Sacred Heart OC 18 10 8 0 0 54.21 20
4Prince Alfred OC 18 10 8 0 0 49.11 20
5Gepps Cross 18 7 11 0 0 53.80 14
6PHOS Camden 18 7 11 0 0 50.90 14
7SMOSH West Lakes 18 7 11 0 0 49.06 14
8Flinders Park 18 7 11 0 0 43.19 14
9Walkerville 18 7 11 0 0 42.09 14
10Broadview 18 7 11 0 0 41.83 14

With just the right amount of D2 tinkering Walkerville and Broadview can drop out of the 5 to be relegated (whilst still having the same amount of points as 5th place.
by jo172
Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this is a business & u cannot forget what the customers want

there are 1000 cgrade & dgrade footballers out there who DONT have the time or the energy to play against agrade players anymore

continue to make them do this & continue to watch them leave

create an exciting environment that harnesses everything theyd love & & you watch them flock to play & be apart of something cool fun & awesome

Henley's C Grade looked like they really hated playing Wingfield's A Grade
by jo172
Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So why not extend promotion and relegation between div 7 and div 8 then (for C/D teams)?

I would have thought this is a perfectly reasonable idea. I.e if a C/D Grade is Div 7 is struggling whilst one in D8 is dominant it would make perfect sense to swap them (within the normal principals of promotion and relegation)
by jo172
Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Possible Vacant A Grade Coaching positions 2015 in SAAFL

Out of curiosity can any Senior Coach in the SAAFL beat Garry Mcintosh's longevity (at 10 years)?
by jo172
Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

Those fixtures change all the time, I don't bother looking until Tuesday arvo.

RE: the CLG timeslot, I believe TTG have the right to decline the 10:15 slot, especially as the "home" team.

Aren't CLG the "home team" since they finished 3rd?

And we tried to refuse the 10:15 timeslot last week. Essentially you play where put
by jo172
Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |