Search found 131 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Am I the only one who cringes when the Crows refer to its reserves team, as playing in "the State league.."..... :?
by blueandwhite
Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach - Ben Warren appointed

Good luck to dugga, a finer fellow you would not meet.
I wish him every success..as Im sure all southies would too.
by blueandwhite
Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Good luck with that plan.
There will never be a cap, been tried before and can't be policed.
The CFB has to admit that their points system is the cause of the inflated payments before anything will change.
League clubs are quite happy to recruit country footballers but when it goes the other way they squeal like a stuck pig, same goes for SAAFL clubs

What amounts are you talking that are amazing?

One ex South league player was being paid $1400/ game last season in the country- a lot more than he was getting at South.
Another who was a fringe League player but played mainly 2's...$1200/game in the bush..
by blueandwhite
Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South 2014

I think if Secull got thrown into a barrell full of boobs he'd come out sucking his thumb.
by blueandwhite
Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

yes its certainly payback time now and Rupert will reap the rewards of years of smashing Labor with his mouthpieces Jones , Bolt and CO.

But I fear worse is on the horizon...
When the GST was conceived and pushed through after a lovefest between Howard and Meg Lees ,(a decision that was the beginning of the end of the Democrats); it was legislated that the 10% Gst could not be increased unless consented by all State Premiers.
As it stands today the only 2 states with a Labor Gvt in power are SA and Tas, both with elections almost upon us.
Dont tell me that The Mad monk and his sidekick Hockey are salivating at the thought of the next Premiers meeting in Canberra when all seats are filled by Thatcherites. Tony will stand up and say we are going to up the GST by 2%... happy with that?? and they will all nod like those stupid dogs you see in the back window shelves of cars you see.
by blueandwhite
Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - North v South @ Prospect Oval (Sat 12/4)

rocketeer wrote:
southee wrote:South by 6 goals

blueandwhite wrote:Panthers by 22pts. 8)

Optimism in Panther land! I haven't seen that in a long time.

North by 27.

have to be an eternal optimist if you support a team that hasnt won a flag for 50 years....
by blueandwhite
Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - North v South Post Game

A new coach..a new game plan..a team committed to both.
A South Adelaide team that has resolve- challenged in the third quarter by North the South of yesteryear would have folded like a pack of cards- not this team. The team is fitter clearly ..than previous years, theres been a lot of work done on that and the skill level in the off season.
The pleasing part for me is that our second tier players have taken up the challenge to improve. Players like Brooksby, Veide,Redigolo, and Eddy who were like many others..Lost under the previous regime, are turning into very solid sanfl players.
Bring on the Bays next week. 8)
by blueandwhite
Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - South v Glenelg @ Hickinbotham Oval (Fri 18/4)

It will be a very good idea to arrive early...as last year there were still plenty of people lined up outside the ground at the first bounce.
There is a Liquor license commencing at 12.00noon at various spots around the ground -. although "Jimmy Deanes" will be closed.
Barbecues etc will be open and there will also be Fish and Chips available for those of that persuasion.
Reserves commence at 12.25, League at 3.10 pm.
by blueandwhite
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Central v South Post Game

Went to the Ponderosa today and saw the game, and was in the Changerooms post game.
been to Elizabeth plenty of times and since 99 and the results have been remarkably similar until today.
South started the game like a shot out of a gun and were on top early. The Dogs quickly hauled us in and were only 1pt behind at Quarter time.
The second quarter was all Centrals, and they went in at halftime with about a 5 goal margin- this was beginning to feel like deja vous to us long suffering supporters....another capitulation...?
The 3rd quarter was all South and but for poor kicking would have gone in at 3/4 time in front, however they were still 2 goals behind. The last quarter was a struggle for both teams early but South gabbed the lead in time on and hung on for a rare win at Elizabeth..

For South I thought Liddle was back to his best after a slow start to the year, Frazer Dale was also very good and along with Gulden have found their feet as recruits very quickly. McLeod was excellent up forward and on the ball. However Brooksby with 45 hitouts and some great work around the ground dominated . Brett Eddy continues to impress, goes to show what fitness, opportunity , and positive reinforcement from the coach can do.He is exceptional in the air and lightening quick for a guy his size when the ball is on the deck.
A great character building win, after losing 5 players from last weeks team with injury and suspension.
The Panthers for mine are the real deal.
by blueandwhite
Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham (Sun 4/5)

Hhhmmmm an Eagles supporter telling others to look after your own backyard!!

Is this the reason why you merged because your "Backyard" was in such great order??? Or was it because you were a Basketcase????

Our backyard is just fine but thanks for asking. We've won 3 premierships in the past 23 years including 2 in the past 8 years. When did you win your last premiership.

thanks for asking...obviously new to this league are you..? it was 1964- 50 years ago.
Coincidently that was the same year that half of your now merged team came into the league. Simply one of the worst decisions the SANFL ever made putting yet another team into the Western suburbs. Of course, it all eventually ended in tears when the going got a little tough for you and you jumped into bed with your next door neighbour. South were 5 minutes from folding in 89, but despite the fact that we were broke, and yes grossly unsuccessful, here we are still going 25 years later, still existing in our own right. :D
by blueandwhite
Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Adelaide - more adaptable to change than a virus

Yep, all good...

nice to be winning a few...but..as someone who has supported South since its last flag..(yes Im that old) .. its far too early to get excited yet.
Fifty years of being smacked around the ears tends to dull once sense of anticipation when it comes to South Adelaide.
Too many times we've seen our season implode for one reason or another over the decades, so I for one, and plenty of others will be keeping our powder dry for a while yet.
by blueandwhite
Thu May 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 - South V WWT Eagles Post Match

A very entertaining game..and a real struggle to the end, witnessed by what I believe was a disappointing crowd.
Eagles cleaner, more direct ball use is what eventually got them over the line. Focal points up forward in Wundke and Ainger were very damaging and a constant threat; mind you they would want to be for what they are being paid.
South dominated the first half and went in at halftime with a 3-4 goal lead. Eddy had 5.0 at halftime. Souths third quarter was abysmal, when they failed to kick a goal, despite having a fair share of the ball. The third quarter the Eagles took control and seemed to have huge numbers back to clog up Eddys space, I seem to recall him competing alone against 5 at one stage.
South were perhaps a little inconvenienced during the game in that by 1/4 time they were down to 19 fit players when Makepeace (knee) and Dale (shoulder) left the ground to serious injuries. The news got worse in the second quarter when at the 20 minute mark Mcmahon was stretchered from the ground with a serious knee injury ,reducing South to 18 fit men.before halftime. During the last quarter Ah Chee suffering from cramp was shifted to full forward, and Cross had to exit the ground with the Blood rule for a few minutes- with no replacement available- down to 17. South somehow hit the front at the 20 minute mark and led by 8 pts at one stage only to see a mark in the goalsquare to Rankine not paid, the Hybrids quickly rebounded and kicked the next 3 goals to take the match.
I thought the umpiring was atrocious...
Im bloody disappointed, but definitely not disillusioned.
by blueandwhite
Sun May 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles Nest wrote:It's May, it's cold and South lose to the Eagles at Noarlunga. No different to any other season really.

couldnt make it down to Noarlunga obviously....? :?
by blueandwhite
Tue May 06, 2014 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yes, i think that smile was one of relief..

South only made 20 rotations for the match, because of game ending injuries to 3 players n the first half.
Ahchee played the last 15 m at full forward because he had done a hammy...the fact that we were in front at the 20minute mark of the final quarter was a minor miracle after being a couple of goals behind at 3/4 time...Im pretty disappointed we lost, but in no way am I disillusioned.
by blueandwhite
Wed May 07, 2014 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

At last count South have 2 players injured gone for the year, and another 5 injured who would be walk up starts if fit. Also 3-4 others who are injured who would be handy replacements. South do not have the rehab facilities or expert sports med budget of an AFL club either.
At last count Port will have 15 AFL listed, fulltime professional players playing on Saturday, who train or play 7 days a week. I saw a couple of South players digging a trench yesterday..before racing off to do a 2 hr hour training session last night, others are studying or working fulltime.They werent busy doing skills work running around witches hats, doing rehab or weights or honing their understanding of the game plan.

This years SANFL season is absolutely ludicrous. It is a grossly uneven competition. The clubs that voted for this diabolical shambles should hang their collective heads in shame. The SANFL commission is a disgrace for even contemplating this debacle.....

Having said that... I think South will take it right up to Port.
For those who havent twigged yet, this South Adelaide team ,its vastly different to the inept whipping boys of the past...
by blueandwhite
Tue May 13, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton inc Post Matc

Disappointing crowd IMO.
Fantastic weather yesterday for a top of the table clash especially when Ports A grade side had the bye.
Would of though 5k as a minimum would of been acceptable

Agree, a very poor crowd..!
as someone who attends every game South play I would say that is the largest contingent of South supporters Ive seen at Alberton for many a year.!
Just completely baffled by the ignorance and arrogance of the majority of Port supporters though....unbelievable. Very poor sportsmanship I feel to rub it in to opposition supporters when your side is clearly playing in the wrong league.
Just one comment on the umpiring it was disgraceful. Joel Cross was spear tackled at the opening bounce, then when on the ground the offender had another crack at him, when he didnt even have the ball- clearly in my my mind a report, not not even a free kick. Appalling.
by blueandwhite
Sun May 18, 2014 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*Attention Mods*

I thought all AFL reserves talk was suppose to be in the whinge thread? Seriously can't understand how simple it is to keep the crap in 1 thread. Instead week after week we have idiots talking crap in a post game thread.

So you are saying that after every game you play ...." we have idiots talking crap in a post game thread "... i wonder why that would be...??? :shock:
by blueandwhite
Sun May 18, 2014 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1 match for that is an absolute joke. It was a definite spear tackle and the wreckless nature of it could have caused a very serious injury. Ironically if that had happened in the AFL they have been talking about it all week and he would have got 4-6 in my opinion. The fact that the umpires failed to even pay a free kick, particularly as Cross was dealt with again while lying stunned on the ground is again a sad indictment on the standard of SANFL umpiring at the moment, :shock:
by blueandwhite
Mon May 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Glenelg v South - Post Game

Booney wrote:Every competition in the world always ends up with the giants of the competition being the biggest of foes.

:lol: :lol: :roll:
by blueandwhite
Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - South v North @ Hickinbotham (Sat 5/7)

From a South point of view it was a case of "Alll played well"...not really sure where the Roosters are at atm.
Nice to see Eddy get 7 but more importantly seeing Hourigan become involved and Rolfey chipping in for 3 as well. South dominated the clearances and applied a lot of pressure at every contest. Veides tagging job on Shannon was a good one and he got plenty of it as well. For mine I thought Gulden was our best player -plenty of quality posessions and kicked 2 as well. Dale was also very good. Bring on the Cows next week. :evil:
by blueandwhite
Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - South v North @ Hickinbotham (Sat 5/7)

As someone who sees the Panthers play every week, I thought that Saturday was our best performance for the year. Granted I didnt think the opposition were on their game;but I thought the pressure that we applied and the way we used the ball when going forward was excellent.
Realistically I think South will make the five with 9+ wins,and the five will probably remain as it is atm.
However I see us being more than competitive in every game we play and that includes games against the Eagles, Norwood and Port and Sturt. We defeated Norwood earlier in the year, should have beaten the Eagles, and had a day off against Port who probably fielded their strongest side of the year, containing 17 AFL listed players. Make no mistake I think port now hampered by injuries have come back to the field a bit. The game against Sturt which we narrowly lost went down to the wire, and we had a few out injured that day..
South still have to get Caleb Daniel and Daniel Bass back into the side too...I think the Panther supporters who have endured so much misery for years, have some reason to be optimistic in the coming weeks. 8)
by blueandwhite
Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Norwood v South @ Coopers Stadium (Fri N 18/7

Eddy was active but failed to hit the scoreboard, he took a few marks but dropped plenty too, you do that when you try to mark with one hand. :roll:

Eddy is a bloody good player and he'd be more than welcome at the Legs, but he had a stinker on Friday night. To be fair the delivery to all forwards was woeful, yet there were a number of times he'd go for a chest mark instead of sticking his hands out, which allowed the spoil to be made.

The difference for me, was a couple of hardened and experienced campaigners in Bode and Jeffries. These guys know how to react under pressure (like when South were pressing hard in the last half). If South can get a bit more experience into their key defenders, they'll learn how to withstand an attacking onslaught, like Norwood's first quarter. I don't think South are that far off being a contender.

Wilsons pace has become a little bit of a get out of jail card for us, it amazes me how he spends half the game on the pine.

My reference to Eddy flying for marks onehanded ,was a thinly veiled reference to the fact that McGuiness on most occasions had a hold of the other one.
Eddy seemed to get his few marks and kicks far to far up the ground. I thought the umpiring was absolutely appalling, as did the commentators on radio. The Norwood crowd certainly rode the little green men to great effect.
by blueandwhite
Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Glenelg V West @ Gliderol 6.30pm Saturday

Go Tiges!

cant believe I just said that! :twisted:
by blueandwhite
Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 15 - South v Port, Hickinbotham Oval, 2.10pm

Would have thought the guernsey they used for the photo would be #64 not #62, just doesn't look right

Guernsey 64 was auctioned off at todays Presidents Lunch.

It was signed by players of that fabulous Grand Final win that attended today, 15 in all.

Raised $1175.00

That's a great effort!

personally... I loved the guernsey...particularly with the insignia far more prominent, rather than an afterthought.
by blueandwhite
Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R16 Eagles v South @ Maughan Theim Hyundai Oval 9/8/14

A great win for the club against "The combine".. I thought we showed some real grit getting over the line today against some good opposition and some of the most lame, inept, incompetent and deplorable umpiring Ive seen in 50 years watching the sanfl.

We were in control at halftime but the weagles managed to claw themselves back into the game particularly in the last quarter but our resolve and desire got us over the line in the end. All played well but, I thought Crabb, Fields and Thewlis were fantastic in the back half along with Rose, Liddle , Veide.and Cross.

Thanks very much to WWT for keeping Ainger in for one last try... probably in the faint hope that he would show some backbone against the club he betrayed... despite the fact he managed 1 goal..he was a great asset for us, kicking the ball directly to former team mates regularly.

Wundke, a former Ken Farmer medalist was soundly thrashed by perennial Panther favourite Brad Crabb, who has stayed with the club through some of its darkest times, (on a modest salary Id assume..) and is now enjoying some modicom of success. Boyd of course was his usual busy self, racking up meaningless possession after meaningless possession, few of them earnt . I do note that his direct opponent for most of the day , Darth Veide, managed to get forward a few times and kick a couple of goals, which in the context of the game was important.

bring on the Bloods , Go Panthers! :evil:
by blueandwhite
Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - South v Sturt @ Hickinbotham Oval (Sat 23/8)

great win by the Panthers...after a particularly uninspiring first half...the third quarter was just scintilating - 8 goals to 1 ,to virtually seal the victory. This was despite a Sturt comeback in the last quarter.
I thought that for South the defence of Crabb, Fields and Thewlis (35 disposals) were excellent. Gulden, veide and Cross were the best of the rest. The fact that we hit the scoreboard as often as we did with Eddy held goalless was a good sign.
great to be playing finals and Im pretty sure we wont be just making up the number. I think both clubs will be anxiously waiting for the washup of a couple of unsavoury incidents, one in particular on the halftime siren.. :? :roll:
by blueandwhite
Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elimination Final - South v Eagles @ AO (Sat N 30/8)

Mr Fuller wrote:Will Mike Rann fly back for this?

..he's got a reserved car ;) park on Memorial Drive hasnt he....???? :roll:
by blueandwhite
Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Magarey Medal & Other Awards

Well done on a great win, well deserved after a great year.. classy looking gf too... :D

however ..your date for this Saturday......"Darth Veide" eagerly awaits.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
by blueandwhite
Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elimination Final - South v Eagles @ AO (Sat N 30/8)

WWTs woes have been well documented in the previous posts....
here is another problem....
..they have 3 players who would command almost 50% of their salary cap
...2 of those players barely train....because they are injured...the dreaded OP
2 of them have had patchy form all season.. ie hot and very cold, not much in between.

personally I think the rest of the playing group have had a gutful lof them and it showed the way they played last week. rant over.
by blueandwhite
Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Sturt v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sat 6/9)

Proud day to be a Southie today...can only say it was a great committed team effort , not one passenger. margin could hve been even more had we taken more of our opportunities early in the game and not taken the foot off the pedal in the last.
A few supposed no-names made a name for themselves today as well.

Cant say how great it is to be involved and winning finals after so many years/decades of misery. Plenty of southies now coming out of the woodwork and jumping on the bandwagon too, which is great to see.
Really happy with the result today, but have to get over it quickly and get on track to beat the POWER RESERVES next week..

GO PANTHERS!! :twisted:
by blueandwhite
Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We Need You South

Cant believe how happy this Panther tragic is atm, can honestly say I havent seen a better performance from a South side in many,many years.
Have no fear, if we go down next week it wont be for a lack of trying, I can tell you.
We have 50 years of hunger to sate. :twisted: :twisted:

Yes there will be a few ol southees dusting off the scarf and jumping on the bandwagon, but who gives a s--t. We will need all the support we can muster next Sunday against the POWER RESERVES, so any other clubs supporters who are passionate about the SANFL can jump on board too, your support will be most welcome. :)
by blueandwhite
Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll jump on the bandwagon with one proviso. I want to hear the Yee-Oh chant that reverberated around Adelaide Oval in 1964. As a 9 year old I never understood what it meant but it certainly was spine-tingling. Can any other old timers tell me why South supporters used to chant it?

Also if it is a Norwood vs South Grand Final will it be the first time these two teams have clashed in a Grand Final since 1899? Given that they are two of the three oldest clubs in the league that is remarkable.

Yes the the Yee-oh chant is still used by a few panther tragics- mainly by the more senior members and supporters. Im unsure but I was once told that the "Ye-ohs" refers to South being called "Ye Old Freshwaters" back in the 1870s/80's and 90's. They were called the freshwaters because the River Torrens was then the source of fresh water for the colony back then, and it was central to South Adelaides original district.

Yes, Im pretty sure that if South do make the GF v Norwood it would be the first time the 2 sides have met in the GF since 1899. South won 6 flags and were runners up twice in the 1890s.

Norwood and South are in fact the 2 oldest existing clubs in the SANFL. The Port Adelaide Football ceased to exist a few years ago when they merged in the "One club" deal with the Port Adelaide AFL football club. Port Adelaide are no longer a member club of the SANFL.They now have a reserves side in the SANFL under license from the SA Football commission.
by blueandwhite
Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Norwood and South are in fact the 2 oldest existing clubs in the SANFL. The Port Adelaide Football ceased to exist a few years ago when they merged in the "One club" deal with the Port Adelaide AFL football club. Port Adelaide are no longer a member club of the SANFL.They now have a reserves side in the SANFL under license from the SA Football commission.

You'd have to be truly deluded not to know this already.

Go Panthers, reckon I'll be buying my first ever piece of non-Norwood SANFL merchandise for next Sunday's game.

yes you would have to be deluded not to know and realise that......but there are plenty of deluded people around....!
by blueandwhite
Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

If the #carnthepear lose it's probably more likely that the 3 emergencies would NOT play so as to not risk injury to them - but the rules seem to imply they have to play. The reserves have only won 3 out of the last 9 games with very unsettled and unbalanced teams. They haven't had a genuine ruckman since round 8 and had an irish kid with less than 18 games experience playing as a key defender at times. South should romp it home.

Port also have a $6million salary cap compared to our 330k, also have a team of fulltime professional players who train 7 days a week , they also have state of the art sports medicine and rehab facilities that sanfl clubs could only dream of.

Your right...we should romp in. ..and what an acute embarrrassment for the Port Adelaide football club if we do... :twisted:
by blueandwhite
Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

absolutely gutted...

yes we've come a long way in 12 months but to get so close and miss out is ... well its gutwrenching.

to any Port supporter who gets a a buzz out of watching your AFL reserves side , (who were saved from insolvency 3 yrs ago by the sanfl with yet another financial handout } scrape over the line against a team of battlers... Go and F--k yourselves :evil:
by blueandwhite
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

A team of mercenaries against a team of sell outs...

..I really dont give a toss.. :?
by blueandwhite
Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

...from my cold ,dead hand....also :evil: :twisted:
by blueandwhite
Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Trial Games - LIVE UPDATES

great pic of the Veide incident doing the rounds on fb at the moment
by blueandwhite
Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Trial Games - LIVE UPDATES

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11072862_10153208885992915_3953086360873602245_n.jpg?oh=50552c8bb29c1da7f98e96d541c68c9b&oe=5575EBF6&__gda__=1438473097_121603cd989d24709a9db1ba4f126ebf

wow!..certainly one of the best action shots Ive seen, nice work scoop! :)
by blueandwhite
Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 2 South v Port at the BOT Friday 7.10

All the talk about Butcher at AFL level and just recently by the coach. Oops
Lol what talk? Whatever 'talk' there was, it was from out of hope for him that he takes his chance after finally completing a full preseason (or 90% apparently), not that he's going to tear the AFL to pieces.

On the game, South have by far a superior line up and should win comfortably. Would be pleasantly surprised if Port win and disappointed for South if they manage to stuff this up. Time to get excited Panther fans.

Ive read some rubbish on this forum over the years......but i think that last paragraph takes the cake.... :shock:
by blueandwhite
Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - North v South @ Prospect (Sat 25/5)

Killa wrote:I lost count how many times Shannon had arms around his head at stoppages. Caldwell tagging method is questionable but effective on Cross.

questionable...?? are you including in that the hit to the head he was reported for. 20m off the ball..?? :roll:
by blueandwhite
Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Panthers game rescheduled

Personally I thought the lights were adequate enough for the game to start...very disappointing as I'll be unable to attend tomorrow. There were some very p-----ed off people leaving the ground..
Just waiting for the Crows officials to come out and condemn the standard of lighting at SANFL grounds now....guess what, if you dont like it - F--k off!! :shock:
by blueandwhite
Sun May 03, 2015 12:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15: South v Norwood- Sunday @ Noarlunga

great to win a close one,we've been on the receiving end too times.
Souths first half was pretty ordinary, second half much better but still had quite a few missing in action so to speak. Four goals behind at halftime wasnt a good look but the boys put their heads down and got too work, leveling the scores with a miraculous goal from Rankin and then hitting the front with a point from Irra.
Like others I thought it was a great game from Eddy- his best for the year, booted 4.3 to be the dominant forward on the ground despite being manhandled at every contest and a lose player dropping in front of him for most of the game. Irras great form continues, hes a much improved player.
Nathan Daniel, Gulden and Cross were best of the rest. Liddells absence in the second half with an ankle injury a concern.
A couple of tough games ahead, but looking forward to the challenge. :)
by blueandwhite
Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles v South Woodville oval 1.10pm

Yes Liddle a big loss; lets hope he can get back on track as soon as possible. Always loved the way this guy goes about it, belted from pillar to post by a tagger most weeks, he shows great courage and his skills are exquisite. The other thing I like about the guy is his commitment to the club over 100+ games. Despite receiving offers to shift to other clubs over many years hes remained faithful to the Panthers.
Unlike a few others over the years he hasnt looked for the exit door when things were getting a bit tough....... he makes a commitment, says hes staying- he stays... ... 8)
by blueandwhite
Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magarey Medal predictions

If I were Joel Cross Id be working on my acceptance speech now.
IMO has had his best year at South..bearing in mind he's won it before and figured high in the voting every year.
by blueandwhite
Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magarey Medal predictions

I think it will between Cross and Schmidt......
although I suspect Ports Eugene Warrior to be high in the voting..... he spends more time on the ground than most players -none of this rotation BS and is a great team player..his vocal encouragement and instruction to teammates is exemplary, covers the ground well , has a good engine, and is well versed in the team game plan .He also fills the space when we required . Although the downside is he seems to rarely catch the umpires eye, so that may cost him a few votes. :roll:
by blueandwhite
Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Godden...Godden.....Westies two best get 80 touches between them. What did he do to stop them?

Congratulations Bloods. Thiele, R&B, MW etc....enjoy your night and summer ahead. Patience has paid off!

Dont often agree with you booney but as an impartial observer at the game why there wasnt a defensive forward on Porplyzia was quite puzzling, he just mopped up everything and his skills were sublime. :?
by blueandwhite
Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Replacing anyone B&W? Any word on player movement from the Knuckey Cup night?

gone...Mcleod, Farmer,Boyd,Flagg,Dixon...

couple of recruits in the mix apparently more to be revealed in the next few weeks.
Can reveal that a son of a former Knuckey cup winner will be having a run with us next year. Hes a tall lad and has a cousin who is a very good afl player... :roll: ...I'll let you join the dots... :lol:
by blueandwhite
Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Replacing anyone B&W? Any word on player movement from the Knuckey Cup night?

Can reveal that a son of a former Knuckey cup winner will be having a run with us next year. Hes a tall lad and has a cousin who is a very good afl player... :roll: ...I'll let you join the dots... :lol:

is the Knuckey cup winner name Robb?

:) ..if he's half the player his old man, his uncle and his cousin was/are..he'll be ok..
by blueandwhite
Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |