Search found 25 matches

Return

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Maybe if you did know what happened you wouldn't think it was a load of bollocks. West have handled the situation with compassion. Some things are bigger than football.
by cennals05
Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 2 Discussion

More big picture thinking, the size of a postage stamp hey UK.

We can only imagine if Internet forums had been around in 1964.

"Two new teams? Oh my god, it'll wreak the competition. I hate change, it makes the sky fall in. That's it, no more membership for me, I'm not going!"

8)

i wouldnt have had the slightest problem if the sanfl introduced two new teams to the sanfl this season, i would have welcomed it, bringing the competition to an even 10 teams would have been good, i never liked the bye, just imagine two genuine teams fighting for a flag under the same rules as the rest of the teams. (and getting rid of the stillborn magpies in the process). why do simpletons always assume those against the afl reserves teams were against any change at all??

but the sanfl didnt invite two new teams to our league. they allowed two reserves sides from another competition to use the league as a play thing, to allegedly help them in a competition that has nothing to do anymore with our great league. all for a handfull of cash. shame :oops: they bent over and cried for the afl to see how far they could shove it in, and congratulated them on the result.

not that i expect you to understand beeny, you have shown repeatedly you dont give two **** for the league your beloved team helped shape. and when the afl sides **** of completely to their stand alone reserves comp (which is only a matter of time) ill not be sorry to see them go.
by tipper
Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

maxyoz wrote:Finally - someone from our club is showing some fight and aggression.

Average commentary.
by Booney
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

maxyoz wrote:Finally - someone from our club is showing some fight and aggression.

What a sh*t post.
by topsywaldron
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 2 South v Port at the BOT Friday 7.10

If Port do not win the premiership this year, it will be the biggest underachievement since,,,

last year.
by DOC
Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 2 South v Port at the BOT Friday 7.10

Bring your rubber boots and a flashlight if you're making the trek south tomorrow night RP. 8)
by saintal
Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Yep...Go Bloods !!!

Can not stand the other lot.
by southee
Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2- South v Eagles (Noarlunga, Sunday)

What happened to Wundke...didn't see him after half time..is he injured???

Insert gag here about the big fella visiting the pie cart at half time and not returning.. :oops:

Wundke had a massive bruise on the inside of his thigh which may or may not have caused him to miss most of the second half. His groin was also strapped.

Chafing? :lol:
by Scoop
Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Adelaide Old Nickname

Does anyone know South Adelaide's old nickname I think it is something like Yeeeeooo (not sure on spelling)

What is the history behind it and why isn't it used anymore?
by Panther Pack
Wed May 04, 2016 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magarey Medal

DOC wrote:I would think Brede Seccul should be the shortest priced South Player on that list.

Ive requested a price for him...4 of the last 6 weeks BOG and TIB 9 times this season
by Dutchy
Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magarey Medal

Dutchy wrote:
DOC wrote:I would think Brede Seccul should be the shortest priced South Player on that list.

Ive requested a price for him...4 of the last 6 weeks BOG and TIB 9 times this season

Would be very interested in his odds. Another BOG and I reckon he would have a real chance.
by southee
Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can Rory Sloane play 1st final for the Ravens?

Would love to see the Dogs players run through him if he plays
by Jim05
Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South V Sturt AO Saturday September 3 @ 3:10

The Mighty 'Thers by plenty on their march towards a flag!

Let's all hope for a South v Central Grand Final, no other clubs deserve to be there.
by Wedgie
Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North V South

Thanks Mike.

South by 19 points
by DOC
Mon May 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dear Spelly: Bays v Souf

That's something I didn't notice. It's actually just the third occasion post WW1, the other two being the premiership decider in 1921, and Rd 19 1968:

Port 3.1 4.3 4.6 4.8 (32)
Norwood 0.4 1.5 2.6 3.6 (24)
Adelaide, 34800

West 5.1 8.2 8.5 8.5 (53)
Glenelg 3.2 4.3 7.4 7.5 (47)
Glenelg, 12462
by spell_check
Tue May 18, 2021 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 finals series

Hartung out with a hamstring injury again. :roll:
by Wedgie
Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary final Glenelg v South

I will always be proud to be a south supporter
Glenelg were too good when it counted
Hopefully most Glenelg supporters are better than the ridiculous comment re Joel Cross
He has been a champion of the modern era, loyal and a brilliant player
Joel was probably tempted to leave south some years ago, but stayed loyal
He has been a big part of turning south around to be a club players enjoy playing at, and hopefully establishing a path for future success
by Backman
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

am Bays wrote:I’m sure we all appreciate a club that had 17 wins during the season standing up in a Preliminary final it was expected to win, on Adelaide Oval

If that what makes you feel good champ, sure.
by PanthersFan
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Give it a spell, Rolfe’s was a dog act, I saw it at the time & haven’t forgotten either, he was bragging about it post game.
South lost, jog on.

Bays supporters complaining about sniping 7 years ago ….ffs …. Can we bring out Salisbury, Stringer etc… from over 30 years ago ???

Move on !!!

It was a good game last night ….
by southee
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clearly the most ill informed ignorant and disrespectful post Ive seen in 10 years on this forum.

Disgraceful post ….show some respect DH !
I will not be lectured by the likes of you two on post quality following both your comments on here 7 years ago when Rolfe ironed out AJ at the Bay

I may have returned serve with interest on an innocent party and I’ll cop that bit like Allers had to cop it in that game too when he got square dinkum

#fiftysevenandcounting

For someone who bangs on about how much he loves the SANFL to disrespect one of the modern day champions like you did is surprising and a little disappointing, but you're standing by it so it's all on you.

Certainly an interesting tactic to come back the next day and double down.
by mots02
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Grand Final WWT Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 3pm

amber_fluid wrote:
mots02 wrote:How bad must have the Maggies been in 2019 to lose to the Bays in a GF.

The real Magpies would have never lost mate.
Power reserves didn’t care

2 of the most accurate sentences ever constructed, in succession, in SA Footy Forum history.
by mots02
Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Oscar Brownless signs at South.
by DOC
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: retirements and upcoming signings

Luke Bogle has left South and I think heading to West.

Sam Gaden (1 game) back to Sydney. My thoughts on that one game I made clear before.

Reece Milsom taking the year off to travel.
by DOC
Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 SOUTH VS STURT FLINDERS UNI STADIUM SATURDAY 27/5 2:1

The margin between a win and a loss in games like these is so slim. A tackle, smother, umpiring decision here or there. South matched Sturt in almost every aspect but couldn't get it done. Credit to Sturt, they hang tough and find a way, particularly after a poor start put them in trouble.
Brooksby still so important to South, very strong again. Not too late for South to salvage the season but will need to get going now.
Not many Kingstonians back at the club afterwards but it was good to see a couple and have a catch up. Palpable sense of gloom in the room which is understandable i guess, particularly with a few players nearing the end of their careers. I sense a lot was riding on this year.
by Ronnie
Mon May 29, 2023 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

Dan O'Neil no certainty to play for Norwood.
by DOC
Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |