Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: Rnd 4 - Port Magpies v West @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/4)

Mentioned on last weeks Westies game thread that a west could be in trouble for season 2014 if they lost to North and got told I was kidding myself!!!

Only gonna get harder with Port this week.

West need to win this however I'm not sure anyone can beat Port at the mo. (No I'm not kidding)

You are kidding yourself mate. West are slowly getting players back and South are getting injuries. West will improve and South will drop. :shock: :shock: :shock:

You tipping a Westies win?

West to win by 3 goals and South to lose by 6 goals. Order in the football world is now restored. :shock: :shock: :shock:
by Second Team
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qualifying Final - Norwood v Sturt @ AO (Sat T 30/8)

Is there a club sanctioned march?
What soccer pre game entertainment are we ripping off?
Do we get free tshirts paid for by the AFL?
And at what time after the match does the club drum up outrage in its supporters over concerns with the stadium deal?
These are pivotal elements in attending games of football these days I'm led to believe.
:)
by CUTTERMAN
Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cornes complaint

Nothing new!!!
Last year we watched an elderly woman in front of us in the grandstand giving the Eagles the two finder salute as they left the ground.
I casually said to her that it was bad luck that Norwood had lost in all the grades that day and she went absolutely ballistic and pretty much accused me of being a foul mouth bastard and wanted her husband to start a fight with me. The feral crowd at that venue has stopped us from ever going there again!!!
by Reddeer
Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cornes complaint

Bit rich coming from port I would've thought. Do they hear their own ferals at alberton?
by tigerpie
Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3: Sturt v Centrals - Sunday 10 April @ Peter Motley Ov

And they played some music over the PA about 5 mins from the end after they scored a goal. I wondered if it was something by Adele, or maybe the Weather Girls.
Really? I would prefer that they didn't do that if true. PA should only be used for announcements during footy games. Not for beefing up atmosphere, or telling the crowd when to cheer etc.
by therisingblues
Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 - Sturt v Adelaide @ Unley Oval Sat

haha...live stream has dropped out at unley....******* useless

So sick of this type of attitude, there's blokes there trying there best to provide some coverage of the game (which otherwise there wouldn't be any at all) and you sit behind your keyboard slagging them off. No wonder the competition is declining when this is the attitude, people trying to do something positive are just met with negative criticism.

That's just my two cents.

Anyway to the game, which I watched via the stream and thought the stream team did a great job of calling it.
Great contest and great win for the Double Blues.
Kirkwood and Riley massive all day, Crocker and Martin were huge in the final term.
Mark Evans kicked a goal of the year contender in a crucial moment in the last.

All up a great display of SANFL footy IMO
by bomber14
Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Preliminary Final Sturt v Adelaide 2:10pm Sunday

By the way, Keith Conlon was happy with result. In fact, Keith would've been happy with any result.
by Magellan
Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

Well done to both sides for qualifying to play in the Grand Final

Sturt's last Grand Final loss at the Adelaide Oval was by 3 points in 1965 against Port. We went on to win the next 5 in a row and have not played a GF at same ground since.

Should be a cracker of a game.

Sturt by 11 points.

Good luck to both sides.
by sturtpeter
Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 grand final crowd prediction

Have GF day the week after the AFL GF day on the Saturday.
Have the Prelim on the Friday night before the AFL GF day and have the previous finals as double headers on the Saturday as the AFL finals that coincide are usually night or twilight games.
You're welcome SANFL.
PM me for a decent minor round program too, I can do that easily too.
by Wedgie
Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

The Bulldogs and Panthers were as bad as the Crows were good. Both sides did themselves no favours in their respective games. If their players had played to their best they'd have been a lot closer or maybe even won![/quote]

I think we all know that South and Central played a completely different Crows ressies side than the one Sturt came up against in their final. This included a Crows ressie side who had no interest in going further into GF which was pretty obvious in the preliminary final.

South's mistake was they should of beaten Sturt in the qualifying final.[/quote]
Agreed Southee.
At the very least the Ravens had more to play for while the Crows were still participating in the AFL finals. Had Sturt dropped that game to South it may well have been the Panthers playing the Eagles this Sunday.
I in no way can look at fate and say we are any better than the hand we have been dealt. I am just enormously thankful that we have made it this far and want to put our best performance to the test of the formidable Eagles in the Grand Final. All respect to South and I am not sure to what degree the Ravens actually tried to beat us in the Preliminary.[/quote]

There is no way a player is going to not try in a Prelim Final. Ask any player if they had a chance to play in a GF would they have a crack. Saying the Crows players didn't try is crap. May aswell investigate them for bringing the game into disrepute. a few people careers could be ended if what you all say is true.
by hollywood7477
Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

In respect of AFL teams drafting from the teams in their local comp couldn't a rule be introduced to make those players inelilible to play against their original team. They would probably be reluctant to play any way if they had any loyal feelings

Loyalty is still alive in football mate, but only on one side of the fence and it's the one where the beer and pies are consumed.
by Booney
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Cousins

I have lost any remorse or feelings for the bloke. What a waste of life he has decided to throw away. If I had a glimmer of talent that he possessed to play footy and get where he was I would welcome it. But to then through his own choices throw that all the way because of drugs. Well he's a total loser. Great player of the game. Total loser as a person.

So because you're a spud you have no sympathy for him?

I wonder if the people on here who degrade him have empathy for anyone else who has been destroyed by drugs. He's a public figure so the publicity is higher surrounding his case but there's people out there is similar or worse predicaments than he is that we never hear of.

So much of his case could be used in a positive manner to educate people, use it to teach your children and friends children that drugs don't discriminate.
I have seen personally what drugs can do to a person and others around them. It's a personal choice to take drugs. We are all educated on the side effects and addiction when it comes to drugs. So yes, I have no sympathy to anyone that willingly decides to take drugs and then cry for help after so many attempts have been offered to help them battle their addiction. In my opinion, Ben has made his bed. Only he can get out of it. I am no spud by the way.

Since when has he cried for help. I have not seen one bit of footage that he has cried for help. He was actually thankful for the lift by the journalist yesterday and told her of his battle. He actually was grateful as he believed he would spend XMAS in jail. He wants to be a good father which is great to hear. Hopefully he can get himself right and do it.
by hollywood7477
Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

I grew up singing "rub em in the dirt" but not today. I wanted the SANFL flag to go to a SANFL team, and it did. Well done Sturt. That's from a Rooster. I wish we could bottle some of whatever it is that Sturt has.
Yep, hats off to the Double Blues for going back to back, and coming through the long way via the first semi. Not bad for a club that was struggling not that long ago, it demonstrates what lateral thinking, problem solving nous and some commitment to the club's on field success can achieve.

Whatever it is that Sturt has, it's clearly something that money can't buy otherwise North would've already purchased it. Then again, we might already have bought their magic formula but the board probably traded it for a copy of a Ralph magazine and packet of Tazos. Our football review should've just involved paying Sturt whatever they wanted to let us sit in on their club for a week and take notes.

Once again, well done Sturt. Three in row on the cards? Who's likely to retire or shunt themselves over the the AFL? Wouldn't have thought many (Mattner perhaps?)
by Magellan
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Grand Final WWT Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 3pm

Bring it boys I don’t give a F***

I’ll be here

I’ll be paid up

I’ll always love my footy club

Glenelg till I die!
by am Bays
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Grand Final WWT Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 3pm

Corona Man wrote:They’re already dead.

293344f48efe539b968f7883b2585494bf7426c9d092c7af894a1efd0b14aba4.jpg
by Wedgie
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |