Search found more than 1408 matches

Return

Re: Cost of Living

dedja wrote:Nothing’s on me, but you are entitled to your opinion, as am I.

I look ‘ethnic’ but I’m Australian, born and bred. That’s all my point was. ;;)

I understand your point about citizenship... I have a Polish surname but am born and bred in Australia :lol:
by MW
Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

wenchbarwer wrote:Humidity...

Felt like North QLD walking outside this morning to go to work
by MW
Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 2024

At the risk of being shot down, hopefully now he has the captaincy Connor can get rid of the staging and diving for free kicks. It's crept into his game a lot in the last couple of years, both he and Butters. To be fair its a good tactic, feel the tackle and dive forward and drop the knees to draw the 'in the back' free kick.
by MW
Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MLB

Was reading this morning that he is “only” getting US$2m per season whilst he is playing and then a lump sum of US$680m at the end of his contract.
In effect the Dodgers will be banking his money and collecting the interest over the next 10 years to help fund more players coming in. Pretty smart business by them
And saving 46million per year on luxury tax
Clever
by MW
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2023

i heard someone refer to her as the greatest of all time when talking about her taking the WCE job... I mean cmon...
Yes she is a pioneer for the sport, but GOAT? Besides the obvious Phillips, there would be a dozen current players that are already better than she ever was.
by MW
Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2023

That's true.
And on the other hand, I wonder how many like Abbey Holmes commentary because she is good on the eye?
by MW
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Koch is a salesman. Selling the future to his supporters of his club.
It's not worth worrying about!
by MW
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:I wouldn't take his comments seriously if he wasn't in a serious position in the footy world. Im not sure Port will ever reach the summit with him in charge.

sounds like someone else I know up the road at another footy club :lol:
by MW
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Jim05 wrote:I honestly had to look this one up. Had not heard of him or his show

Very jealous. You have 9 seasons to watch!
by MW
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

woodublieve12 wrote:
MW wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I honestly had to look this one up. Had not heard of him or his show

Very jealous. You have 9 seasons to watch!

Possibly the best sitcom of the decade. Obviously behind Ted Lasso

:shock:
by MW
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Never felt more ready for a break in my 29 years of professional work...
3 weeks from Friday lunch time, bring it on.
by MW
Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

ok some sort of good news. The cancer can be removed from the jaw, and the vet seems to think this type of cancer is not likely to spread. Doesnt answer why a cat of 2 years old would have had an eye melanoma and a masked cell cancer which are both more towards a 10 year old cat.
Anyway for a (small...) fee we get more time with him.
by MW
Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

Its amazing the mental battle.

Any tips on staying disciplined with eating/exercise ?

A few tips that worked for me (101kg down to mid 80s)

1. Get comfortable with being hungry. You don't have to eat every time you feel hungry. I found that once I got over the initial shock, it was almost more comfortable being hungry than not.
2. Start your exercise moderately... go for a walk a couple times a week, up the distance and frequency during the next weeks/months. Throw in a run every now and then.
3. Do some body weight strength exercises, this will burn more calories than your walk.
4. Reduce/eliminate the grog intake.

The discipline will come when you see results. Don't weigh yourself daily. Do it once a week at the same time of day with the same amount of clothes on (or none before a shower for examples). Once you start to see results, it will spur you on to keep going.
At the end of the day, its calories in needs to be less than calories out. No other science to it.
by MW
Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Booney wrote:25th Wedding anniversary today.

Congrats mate. Rare in todays society and will be even more rare for the next generations.
by MW
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Black listed companies

Washing machine gave up last month

As we have done for 30+ years, we bought a Fisher & Paykel as we do with most whitegoods (despite my anti All Blacks stance)
Last washing machine lasted 20 years.

What a pile of shite. Had to get the Good Guys technician out within a fortnight
F&P now a chinese company and this thing was manuafactured there
Technician said he spends 80% of his time on F&P products - "dont buy them"

Mrs Jimmy is now going medieval on Good Guys and F&P.
I've been there - I do pity them. Best to cut your losses and give her money back: you wont win.

No more Fisher & Paykel

I could have told you that ;)
Look, you won't find an Australian made Washing Machine I can tell you that from any supplier.
Your choice is pay premium for European made (western Europe, not eastern Europe...) or pay a reasonable price for a good brand that still design and manage the Quality in Australia but manufacture in a low cost country.
by MW
Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024 Ladder predictions

Jim05 wrote:I’ll have some of what you are smoking ;)
I’ll be staggered if we aren’t bottom 6

Death, Taxes and Jim05 death riding his own club :lol:
by MW
Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:
MW wrote:Now the dog has gone missing...such a strange case

Dog located badly injured and sadly had to be put down :( :(

WTF???
There is going to be a Netflix special about this one day
by MW
Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Sounds like a real piece of work

Damning texts sent by Tarryn Thomas have emerged on social media as the AFL is set to hand down sanctions to the North Melbourne player over fresh allegations of domestic violence.

A screenshot of a message, circulating on Instagram and obtained by the Herald Sun, showed Thomas speaking about abusing women.

“And for them girls I abuse I would do again,” he wrote to a woman.

“After what they did to me if you do me wrong I will let you have it.”

It comes as a source close to another woman, who was previously linked to Thomas, detailed his alleged abusive nature.

“He harassed, stalked, abused and made threats against her,” they said.

“He made her feel worthless and small with his nasty words.”
he source said the woman was “fearful” of Thomas and isolated her from family and friends.

His career at the Kangaroos could be over within days with the AFL expected to [suspend Thomas of up to 18 weeks]

On Monday, the AFL said its investigation into the new allegations of domestic violence was not yet resolved.

But a suspension of that length had been raised in discussions with the AFL and North Melbourne.

Last year, Thomas escaped conviction after threatening to share an explicit video of [his ex-partner Jamai Curran.

Instead, he was ordered to pay $1000 to charity.

At the time, Ms Curran told the Herald Sun that she believed Thomas never faced harsh consequences for his behaviour.
“I think he believes the way he treats women is justified because of his status and power,” she said.

“I think he believes he’s entitled to treat women however he wants.

“North Melbourne and the justice system not punishing him just reinforces it is OK because he never faces consequences.”

Ms Curran said the AFL were “letting women down” by prioritising players and their reputations.

“I think the AFL are letting women down and at this point, need to be held responsible,” she said.

We should wait for the outcome before we throw out these accusations...
by MW
Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The replies didnt disappoint! :lol:
by MW
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Hinkley Factor

Jesus I am not reading any of this...
by MW
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

Webster’s hit classed as careless, not intentional…
We’re still miles off as a league when it comes to protecting the head & addressing the concussion issue.

How can that be considered careless??? :shock:

At least SPP got on the front foot and apologised to Keane, haven't heard anything of the like from Webster.

6 weeks minimum, anything less would be a joke

Webster has apologized

via the St Kilda Media dept, at least SPP fronted the media to apologise, credit to him.

:lol: splitting hairs mate
by MW
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

The Sam Kerr story.

It's an interesting one.
From the comments on social media about this, it seems racism only is racism against minorities or a suppressed race, whereas racism is not racism against the majority or perceived entitle race.

One thing is for sure, she is not the media darling anymore and never will be again.
by MW
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concussion

wenchbarwer wrote:Not all of us have dirty minds...

Even the cleanest minds can see that one!
by MW
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Give me a break. 20k for anyone is a lot of coin.
Coach stood up for his concussed player, should have got off for nothing.
by MW
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

Loved the reaction to Carey from his teammates. He is not going anywhere soon.
by MW
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I say this all the time, but I never understand blind loyalty to a political party
by MW
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tipper wrote:just copped a "mate" in a teams message here at work.

fired back with a "champ"

game on :lol:

Copped a mate? If we cannot use mate anymore I give up
by MW
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How does daylight saving affect you in March?

By turning the best mornings of the year into dark shitholes.
By not following the natural flows of the changing of the seasons.
By turning up to work feeling very dull.
By going against natural bio-rythms
By creating a certain danger of more people going to work at darker/low-light times when kangaroos are active near roadways, especially during dry spells

There is still enough daylight to be doing things after work without it, so what benefit does it create.

Never seen someone so affected by daylight
by MW
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Besides what I read on here, I have no one in my life that gives a shit, in fact the opposite they prefer it.
by MW
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daylight savings and politics...two rabbit holes I have no idea why I venture down :lol:
by MW
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No SANFL in the AFL
by MW
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

If you are middle/older aged, mortgage all but paid off (or paid off), have independent children, and your salary is increasing in line with inflation, then there is no cost of living crisis for you.

If you are young, living at home, at uni or working full time, paying no rent, and with large disposable income, same again the cost of living crisis does not affect you.

If you are a young couple, massive mortgage/rent, flat salary (maybe single salary), young kids in school etc, the cost of living increase affects you greatly.

I think it just depends on your situation.
by MW
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well yeah I suppose :lol:
by MW
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL ROUND 2

We are shit
by MW
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

Yep, yep and yep.
Add to no key backs, and a struggling key forward line and it's a perfect storm of mediocrity.
by MW
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Murphy was great last year but last year alone playing that pressure forward.
Realistically if he makes our 22 we are not winning most weeks.
by MW
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:I haven't looked at the two but a lot of people on the socials commenting the comparison to this incident and the Cameron/Rowan one last season.

It's not similar in the slightest
by MW
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

woodublieve12 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Bloods culture doesn't extend to the women?

Bit of a weird comment considering one isolated incident shouldn't define a club

:lol: are you new here?
by MW
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You just know it will go away...
by MW
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think at the moment this list needs to have no injuries, and everyone playing at their peak to be a 5th to 8th side. One or two key injuries and the domino effect occurs, trying to rob peter to pay paul plugging holes in the line up, and then the midfield panics and blindly kicks forward, and the defence rushes out of half back.
by MW
Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I need to get the burners changed in my Ziggy to move from the bottles to mains gas ... Do I need to take the whole thing to a BBQ's Galore (or equivalent) or is there a home service whereby someone can come out and do it? TIA

I'd be surprised if you need the burners changed, usually for LP to NG conversion just the injectors changed over to allow for the change in pressure, and the hose/regulator changed but then again I have no idea on Ziggy brand. They normally have a service email or phone number on the data plate you can ring.
by MW
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

these conversions are always detailed in the user manual, and yes always use a certified gas fitter otherwise your warranty is void and so is your insurance
by MW
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We sure do have a long way to go
by MW
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The call for reduced penalty because he spoke up "straight away" is rubbish.
Essendon players heard it, called him out on the field and made the umpire aware. He had no choice but to report it to the club at the break.
by MW
Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree Clarko should have been suspended if for nothing more than his history of offences
by MW
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:Nathan Templeton has died, whilst walking his dog. Medical episode apparently.

It's sad times like this the unwashed come out to play on the socials again...
So young, RIP
by MW
Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good to see the Crows getting an ANZAC commemorative guernsey and its a ripper. Sold out in 1 hour. All proceeds donated to RSL ANZAC appeal.
by MW
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting comments from Finlayson on his wifes podcast regarding his suspension... “(It) pissed me off that I got a three-week suspension, that’s it, that’s tipped me over the edge,” he said. “We’ll leave it there and (at) that.”

Apology counted for nothing it seems.
WTF :roll:

How is that the shocking part?
by MW
Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

bertiebeatle1 wrote:That might be the end of one of the better era's of basketball we've seen

Speak for yourself, I grew up in the mid 80s to mid 90s NBA
by MW
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good to see the Crows getting an ANZAC commemorative guernsey and its a ripper. Sold out in 1 hour. All proceeds donated to RSL ANZAC appeal.
looks really good

The alternative strips this year for us have been mint.
Why have they been green?
But seriously, yeah they have been sick, dope, lit, slap, gucci, snatched, fire, slay and bangin' this year. ;)

Hey, my generation can keep mint, not that other mumbo jumbo... :lol:
by MW
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |