Return

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

If you want to play down the wings, I hear Malthouse is out of work
by MW
Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

He's a 19 yr old, with career earnings over $1.2m, not to mention endorsement deals. He has not been an overnight sensation...he probably has been one of the best in his age group since he was 5. He would of had a lifetime of people telling him how good he is. He is a product of his environment. Give him a break and let him work out what works for him and what doesn't. I am pretty sure the opinion of everyday Aussies is not going to sway him one bit.
by MW
Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Yeah I know. Blokes gotta have hope Booney!
by MW
Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the end of the day if he was hellbent on staying he would have signed by now.

With being a restricted free agent and Crows being able to match Geelongs offer is there any rules around the tenure of the contract? i.e. If Geelongs offer is 5 years and the Crows match it does that mean he is a Crows player for the full 5 years or only until he becomes an unrestricted free agent?

Not sure there.

What if :

Geelong offer to sign him to a 2 year deal worth $2.0m. Then 6 months in sign him to a 3 year extension at $500k P.A meaning it's $3.5 over 5 years = $700k P.A

Adelaide would only be obliged to match the initial 2 year $2.0m contract to keep him (as the 3 year extension could be hidden ) , unlikely. If they were to have to match $700k P.A for 5 years they'd do it easily.

Further to Dutchy's question, is there a minimum contract length for restricted free agents?

Anyway, my gut feel is that he's staying now, it wasn't up until the last week or two.

Sounds like something we would do *cough* Tippett *cough*
by MW
Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Do I think the booing is racist? No
Do I think some people booing are racist? Yes
Do I think Adam Goodes is a knob? Yes
Do I think he deserves to be systematically booed for every possession? No
Do I think this is a form of bullying which IMO is the bigger issue? Yes
by MW
Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:I've been turning it on recently in the Cs too! Having heaps of fun down there.

That's like bragging getting a strike in bumper bowling mate :lol: :lol:
by MW
Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

no one will go near him at this age for any decent pick.
by MW
Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Fixing" the AFL

leave the game alone ffs
by MW
Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Allianz quote is $400 cheaper than AAMI! thanks for the tip
by MW
Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My brother did.
by MW
Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

All these dicksacks commenting on 3 strikes and Ben Cousins...ffs I wonder why he kept his condition a secret
by MW
Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

lets also not forget that the Adelaide Uni in div 7 is their "E" grade , and MP & Houghton could barely a bee's dick ahead of them Lets not forget that Adelaide Uni's sides don't follow a traditional hierarchical progression, thus who would beat who is highly debatable, even amongst Adelaide Uni people.

This is 100% correct. For years Adel Uni's D7R side was the B side
by MW
Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

div 7 = nursery division

saafl would be very pleased with the saviour of multiple clubs which were set to fold

the alignment towards a div 8 cgrade super league, despite not wanting it at the time, has resulted in a positive status for everyone

and some yobbo flapping his lips down at mp wont change the positive repercussions that hav occurred from the move

mp is the best of the best small time entities in the saafl and what a wonderful journey it took to get there

Broken record. They won the flag no matter what way you spin it mate. Move on.
by MW
Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2015/16

Nah the publicity alone would keep him on the roster for the season
by MW
Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Never paid a cent when I was at primary school from 79-85.

None of this vilis garb either...gristly Balfours all the way! ;)

Fritz and sauce sammiches were 20c

Same era...man I feel old seeing all these late 90s early 00's primary school goers
by MW
Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do Geelong have to give Adelaide anything if they don't match the offer?

Not really across the new trading system.

No. If Geelong offer him a contract and Adelaide don't match, he goes. AFL give Crows compo pick likely late teens first round.

If Adelaide match, then Geelong need to either trade for him, or Danger nominates for the draft in the hope no other club touch him and he falls to Geelong for nothing
by MW
Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What else can we find? Oh that's right, we are cheats again cause of the Talia brothers.
by MW
Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Overrated Wednesday - Patrick Dangerfield

Are you all this simple or just trolling? He would have to agree to a trade, and the only side he was willing to go to is Geelong, who know they get him for nothing the following year. For your sake I hope this is just trolling
by MW
Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everyone knows no club will take a player that will not play for them. Pure and simple. They can beat their chest all they want. Unless Geelong want to be generous in all this and offer a trade rather than getting him for nothing, he walks.
by MW
Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems like the newscorp papers have finally closed the loophole that allowed you to view their premium content for free just be replacing the "heraldsun" in the URL with "news"

can anyone tell me the details of the story that apparently says the tactics involved Stringer?

copy the url and google it. then click on the first link
by MW
Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You cannot compare Bock and Davis. They were offered overs to the expansion sides with extra salary cap space. Do you say the same about Geelong who couldn't keep Ablett for the same reason?
Gunston was never going to stay and that was a mistake by the Crows by not doing their due dilligence on his personality.
Tippett is...well Tippett.
Danger we know why.
Worsfold its been said his family do not want to live in Adelaide. It would have been the same situation if he helped Port Power out.

As far as recruits are concerned, Betts, Jacobs, S.Thompson to just name three have been brilliant.

Having said that, getting Boak to stay when Port Power were on their knees was massive for them and no doubt gave the club a boost in retaining talent. For the Crows the test next year will be to get D.Talia to stay now, so the saga will continue, just re-hash the same articles and replace the name.
by MW
Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:Gratz Danger, first Geelong player to win the Blight medal! :)

Yeah Blight previously couldn't get any Geelong player a medal...especially the one that counts
by MW
Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

32 years was too long, how good is this!
by MW
Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Godden...Godden.....Westies two best get 80 touches between them. What did he do to stop them?

Congratulations Bloods. Thiele, R&B, MW etc....enjoy your night and summer ahead. Patience has paid off!
Thanks

Thanks mate. Thought the same Booney I could not believe the freedom Schmidt got on the half back and wings and Porps across half back. They clamped down a little on Schmidt in the second half then Porps took over.
by MW
Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL- WEST COAST V HAWTHORN

The AFL to copy American sports further this time the 22 players and coach from the winning side getting a 'Championship Watch' to replicate the NFL Super Bowl Ring

Creative geniuses at AFL HQ lol

If its not replacing the medal, and its not a championship ring, how do you see it "replicating" the NFL super bowl ring? :?
by MW
Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West Coast Eagles Season 2015

Watch this space. Essendon mark 2.
by MW
Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

LOL
Even Essendon would not be that stupid to appoint Woosha after today's story
by MW
Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not much fun finding work out there I'd be careful before doing much damage!
by MW
Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Mr Beefy wrote:
MW wrote:Doubt it.

?
Sounds about right

I dont see Geelong rolling over. I think they will still get him for nothing from us.
by MW
Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-07/jake-carlisle-set-to-name-st-kilda-as-his-preferred-destination

Nice get by the saints
Hasnt got there yet ;)
$700k x 5 years is pretty steep IMO

Steep??!! It's nearly vertical!

Maybe paying a little bit of overs but hopefully he returns 10 fold for the next 8-10 years.

Really liking the moves we are trying to make to get us back into finals contention quicker.

Paying massive overs for a petulant player
by MW
Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FWIW I think it's a good appointment. Been around for a long time, coached his own side before (albeit for only 2 years). Time will tell.
by MW
Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

I'm sick of people comparing a free agent leaving with the likes of Judd, Beams etc. I'm a little embarassed for them actually that they don't understand the difference.
by MW
Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why are West Coast bitching about the compensation given? They could not find a spot in their best 22 for their vice captain who was out of contract and they want more than a 2nd round pick? Tell them their dreaming Gill :roll:
Not to mention Selwood is at the back end of his career - hardly warrants anything more than a 2nd round pick IMO.
Some would argue at 25 he's at his peak.

Without knowing his age I would of assumed he was 30
by MW
Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Collingwood make an offer of around $400K a year for Howe. I can deal with that.

The trade will probably involve Kennedy and a pick exchange.

Howe, given some supply and playing as the 3rd/4th target could be very useful IMO.

With Moore, Cloke, White, Howe there's an attack to work with.

Sleeve tattoo? Check. Welcome to Collingood Jeremy.
by MW
Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree with what you are saying just would like a pick coming back, maybe their 3rd rounder or something. Just think it is overs for Menzel.
by MW
Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Collingwood should be hauled over the coals by the AFL for videoing Treloar in COllingwood colours before he was signed, disgrace.

Not to mention arranging surgery for his groin
by MW
Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This academy points crap is making a mockery of early draft picks...
by MW
Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL DRAFT - Adelaide

Who would pay money to watch this?
by MW
Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 AFL fixture - due to be released Thurs 29/10/15

Port get double up games against Adelaide, GWS, Richmond, Melbourne and Brisbane. Thank you AFL. I'll take that.

Home games of St Kilda, Essendon, Geelong, Brisbane, West Coast, Bulldogs, Richmond, Hawthorn, GWS, Melbourne and Adelaide.

Home games :

Sunday twilight ( Urrghh! ) 2 - Brisbane and GWS ( Not great draw cards )
Sunday 1 - St Kilda
Saturday 1- Bulldogs on Queens Birthday Long weekend
Sat night 3 - Adelaide, Melbourne, Geelong
Sat Twilight - West Coast
Fri night 2 - Essendon and Richmond
Thurs night 1 - Hawthorn

Two shit fixtures with Brisbane and GWS Sunday twilight, but that's the trade off for Essendon and Richmond on Friday night at home and Hawthorn on a Thursday in the split rounds.

Play Hawthorn, West Coast at home. Don't play Sydney until round 20, Gold Coast until round 23.

Kissed on the dick. Should make a strong case for minor premiers with that draw.
by MW
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 AFL fixture - due to be released Thurs 29/10/15

Dogwatcher wrote:Port Adelaide seemed very content with their schedule when I heard KT on the radio last night.
In fact, never, ever have I heard a representative of an SA-based club so effusive about their program as I heard last night.

Have you seen the fixture? I would be too!
by MW
Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kane Cornes

The only responsible use of illicit substances is when perscribed by a dr

it's possible to irresponsibly use prescription drugs. it's possible to responsibly use illicit drugs.

Yes true re. perscription drugs, but that is up to the user and dr who perscribes it should be able to see through that. The bit about illicit drugs is horseshit.

Far, far from it. But you can't be objective about this, so not much point in continuing.

1. Perscription drugs are regulated and perscribed by a dr to relieve symptoms or fix issues
2. Illicit drugs are made in backyard sheds and only taken to get high.

Not sure what I am missing here
by MW
Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:2 pubs in Robe and neither of them have West End draught on tap! :evil:

Move this to the things I rate thread please
by MW
Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Womens League

Just quietly Erin Philips scrubs up ok doesn't she
by MW
Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

If anyone honestly believe Mels comment to Junior is the same has Gayles comment to Mel, you've got rocks in your head
by MW
Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Someone get me some popcorn...
by MW
Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Depends on size. My two eldest daughters are both tall girls so they've been doing it since 9 yrs old. My youngest is a midget so she'll have to wait until 16 lol
by MW
Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When do the celebrities enter the jungle?
by MW
Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Talking about what other clubs are doing is fine, arguing over which year constitutes the real anniversary is pointless
by MW
Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Most ridiculous pointless argument going around. Who gives a f**k.
by MW
Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

stan wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Made a $1.49 million profit for 2015

Bit tidy. Is Fagan going to get a raise as that is a very good result.

Apparently that's after paying 800k to AFL equalisation and also 700k transport levy and 1.1m to SANFL. phenomenal result and def. deserves a raise.
by MW
Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |